Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog (19201 Views)

Don't Mistakenly Poison Your Dog(an Alert) / Does Your Dog Kill Rats, Birds And Other Animals? (Pictures) / Dog Breeders List Your Dog Kennel Or Current Puppy Litter Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adebayoggt(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2014
I have a gsd mixed breed(Caucasian/Alsatian). 4 months old.whenever I'm not that buoyant to afford her can food or ran out of food I usually buy the chicken head and leg I boiled it without salt and I usually smashed the head and dice it after cooking and mixed with crushed noodles and she always enjoyed it.the leg is always eaten as snack and Vicky loved it.share yours and pls correct me if I'm getting it wrong. a novice anyway but ready to learn.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by hunthsmankennel: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2014
adebayoggt: I have a gsd mixed breed(Caucasian/Alsatian). 4 months old.whenever I'm not that buoyant to afford her can food or ran out of food I usually buy the chicken head and leg I boiled it without salt and I usually smashed the head and dice it after cooking and mixed with crushed noodles and she always enjoyed it.the leg is always eaten as snack and Vicky loved it.share yours and pls correct me if I'm getting it wrong. a novice anyway but ready to learn.

sounds like a a long proces.

wHat i do is i buy this cheap fish called shawa by the kilo every weekend, the babe that sells to me includes a lot of chiken parts ie the butt, neck legs etc that are unwanted and i buy 14 eggs.

i boil the fish and chicken slightly add the indomie inside to make a full pot, and when it is ready, i break an egg inside. i do this every night .Since i work on the island and i live on the mainland, i feed my dog early with half of this concotion around 6 am, when i come back at night i feed her the remainder and boil another set.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by doeying(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2014
Well...our dogs would eat anything as long as there is Geisha in it....indomie...rice..spaghetti..just add Geisha...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Dogsworld(f): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2014
I don't feed my dog I****IE... How did this suddenly become dog food?
Please share with us the nutritional value of I****IE... because I am not convinced.
Either way... I stopped cooking for my dogs 5 years ago.... waste of time, gas, and half the food, the cook was eating instead of giving to the dogs. I switched to commercial dog food because of how convenient it is.

But those of you who cook... that is how we all started as dog owners. But please stay away from I*DO*IE... your dog will surely develop kwashiokor!

Muffy

JOIN ME here: https://www.nairaland.com/1043675/dog-lovers-nigeria-very-own/1

doeying: Well...our dogs would eat anything as long as there is Geisha in it....indomie...rice..spaghetti..just add Geisha...

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by kuzee(m): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
adebayoggt: I have a gsd mixed breed(Caucasian/Alsatian). 4 months old.whenever I'm not that buoyant to afford her can food or ran out of food I usually buy the chicken head and leg I boiled it without salt and I usually smashed the head and dice it after cooking and mixed with crushed noodles and she always enjoyed it.the leg is always eaten as snack and Vicky loved it.share yours and pls correct me if I'm getting it wrong. a novice anyway but ready to learn.
can we see the pix of ur lovely dog.
the mix breed?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by blesscar(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
sometimes i feed my beautiful gsd with semovita and vegetables with fish(es),and mostly with bloodmeal such as live chicken,raw meat and fish.and she is super healhty and pro-active
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by ONWARDBABA: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Me sha I give mine
Indomie mixed with fish meal and eggs
Or milk and egg
What do u think about dis my
Pet
She is 5 weeks old

1 Share

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by ONWARDBABA: 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Me sha I give mine
Indo...ie mixed with fish meal and eggs
Or milk and egg
What do u think about dis my
Pet
My bobby is 5months

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Coldplay007(f): 6:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Bruno eats anything, semo and okro, rice and stew with fish.. anything... Sometimes Jojo mixed With rice or indomie.. eba and okro..
I recently bought indomie waste and fish meal.. I also bought a 10kg bag of one dog food like that.... costs 5,400..

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adebayoggt(m): 8:21am On Feb 05, 2015
Nice recipes!
Is raw fish dangerous for dogs e.g shawa because of its bone?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2015
Seun, move this to FP cos this section is slowly dieing.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by frinx: 9:44am On Feb 05, 2015
SECONDED
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by dasparrow: 11:29am On Feb 05, 2015
THIRDCONDED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by dasparrow: 11:36am On Feb 05, 2015
@Post

Boil some yam or Irish potatoes, add some carrots and diced boiled chicken, some vegetables like ugwu and then make it like yam porridge and give it to to your dog.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Magpies(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
i keep hearing pple giving their dogs dix fish meal of a tin,pls shed mre light do u prepare it wif d food or u jst spice it up wif it?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Akaay: 10:08am On Feb 06, 2015
Best meal- mix 250gramms of minced meat with about 3 cups of boiled rice. Blend 3 raw eggs with the shell and add to d mix. Bake d mixture for about 30mins and serve when it's been cooled off . For better results add a tablet of dog multivitamins before serving. It sounds stressful but trust me when I say d result on ur dog will b surprising.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by K9blunt(f): 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
Well when am broke i use garri by pouring sone quantity into a pot of water on the stove, then pour some palm oil into it as well with salt and maggi, then finally, i put some fish heads (which i got free of charge from fresh fish sellers at my areas night market) ontop of the mixture, i dont turn it but leave for like 10 or 15 minutes till it boils very well. Later i put the pot down, get the dogs plate and first serve the fish heads and crush scatter them, after which i pour the garri mixture on the plate and stir the fish and garri mix together. My dog enjoys it most tones more than any other food except for jojo lol.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by barcaboi(m): 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
my 9 weeks old puppy, Eve, likes sweet potato mixed wt fish....that's her best meal even though I've not fed her that because I've been lazy to go to the market....but since I work in a fish farm; I feed her noodle crumbs with fish and most times, noodle waste with fish gills and other internal organ which I have easy access to...infact noodle with fish gills or organs is very nutritive and she eats well.....The Caucasian I rescued from someone who had maltreated it has shown signs of improvement. ...
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by omoakinn: 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
Pls my puppy is not is not eating anything except jojo and other can food pls help me out thanks
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Coldplay007(f): 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
omoakinn:
Pls my puppy is not is not eating anything except jojo and other can food pls help me out thanks

You've Spoilt it.. introduce other food like rice and fish or indomie and mix with jojo. Then reduce the proportion of jojo gradually..
Until a can of jojo can serve for like 3 days, then stop the jojo...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adebayoggt(m): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
Coldplay007:

You've Spoilt it.. introduce other food like rice and fish or indomie and mix with jojo. Then reduce the proportion of jojo gradually..
Until a can of jojo can serve for like 3 days, then stop the jojo...
@omoakin introducing New food might be difficult sometimes due to d love we have for our pets. u've gotten d best method.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by omoakinn: 6:23am On Feb 17, 2015
adebayoggt:

@omoakin introducing New food might be difficult sometimes due to d love we have for our pets. u've gotten d best method.

Thanks I hv done dat b4 but she will not when there in no jo jo and pity her for not eating but for the jo jo she should forget it now because I still has like a bag of arion for puppy thanks what other things that I can Do is prodeegee on line

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adebayoggt(m): 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
will also advice the introduction of mackerel popularly called eja Titus by d market women.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Coldplay007(f): 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
adebayoggt:
will also advice the introduction of mackerel popularly called eja Titus by d market women.

Shawa is cheaper...
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adebayoggt(m): 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
I use to believe shawa is lower in oil unlike mackerel. are they @ par. if Yes hope d bones ain't problem
??
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adebayoggt(m): 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
Coldplay007:

Shawa is cheaper...
explain more.......??
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by olumig(m): 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Here is my recipe:
Ingredients
Sweet potatoes
Minced meat(fish, pork, chicken)
Green peas, green beans, carrots
Thyme, black pepper, turmeric powder,
Palm oil,
Water
Oats as thickener
Pepper n tomato pureed.

Peel the potatoes into small cubes
Add water, palm oil and pureed pepper n tomato
Add the mincemeat leave to cook for 15-20mins
Add Oats to thicken the broth leave to boil for another 3-5mins.

Add peas, carrots green beans and thyme mix thoroughly let it cool down n serve.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by GRACEGLORY: 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Very interesting and educating...
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by samsworld(m): 1:28am On Jul 03, 2015
For me I practice food rotation with my dogs bcoz feeding them with just one recipe caused them to start rejecting the meals.
sometimes I boil some Irish potatoes mashed and mixed with some palm oil. Finally I add some mashed quantity of boiled fish(titus).

I also feed my dogs more with build noodles/rice which I buy in bags from the factory. I boil the noodles first and later I add some palm oil to it and when it's almost done I add some whisked eggs insides and some dry feed(either arion or k9 favorite) . Finally I add some chopped pieces of fetus (beef) and I serve it to them. But sometimes just to make them feel a different taste instead of beef I introduce chicken fetus or fish(titus) or even chicken liver, chicken neck, chicken head or chicken hearts. Some parts of chicken can be expensive sha. Beef is always the most affordable for me

Sometimes if I'm lucky to get a bag of dry meat stored in the house I boil a good portion of it after which I add some dry feed(either arion or k9 favorite) and I serve it to them

Sometimes in the morning when I'm too lazy to cook and if I have some canned food in the house I mix it with some dry feed and serve it to them.

I just think u can be innovative in coming up with recipes that will work for u. It's a matter of u trying to get a meal which is healthy with a high source of protein.

Pls I stand to be corrected if my recipe is faulted by anyone here. We're all learning and I'm not a well of knowledge.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by GRACEGLORY: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
All are great ideas spiced with proteins as dogs can't resist proteins. But have you guys considered balanced diet?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by GRACEGLORY: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
Persons with more ideas?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by redfigure(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Waste of money... I grind corn, fried soya beans and dried fish, then mix it together... Prepare like semolina, add. Palm oil and salt... Food is ready
Dried fish is quite cheap, I can buy a full packo sack for 2k
Mum still use the same ingredient plus wheat for baking chin chin as treat.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. / Help, Both My Dogs Are Pregnant! / How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.