Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (11566 Views)

There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / So.are Yorubas Ready To Fight / Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Ahuitzotl: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
gratiaeo:
Actualyy Yorubas are not cowards because they are worse of than cowards, I cant simply understand how Yourbas Leaders were imprisoned in the 60s for crimes they did not commit and the whole Yoruba nation kept mute until Nzeogwu Struck.

As if that was not enough when the second coup came ogundipe who was the most senior office in the army ran away to London rather than seize the opportunity offered by the leadership vaccum.
The whole world were taken aback again when in 1976 during Dimkas coup OBJ the Vice president was no where to be found , rather when the coup was squashed some northeners like TY danhjuma had to call him out o his hiding place to make room for his presidencey.

In 1993 Abiola the Field Marshall of Yoruba Land (AAre On kakanfo) was jailed by an ordinary Nigerian soldier his crime was winning an election again, the whole Yoruba nation ccould not live up to expectation , at a time an ordinary Major in the Army Major Al mustapha made 17 Yorubas generals to frog jump and eventually imprisoned the vice President who is a yoruba man O.O Diya for live his only saving grace was that Abach died in power.

The SW is the only group that never contemplated coup through out the history of Nigeria, Even the minorities in middle belt and south south carried out very bloody coups that shook the nation,The Yoruba nation eventhough interested in coups cannot perform they only fight a Governmet from the pages of Newspapers.
Even an ordinary henry Okah that was imprisoned by Yaradua gave Nigeria sleepless nights however 17 yoruba Generals , including Abiola , O.O.Diya and the buffon OBJ were on death row and the yorba Nation was mute like a dead dog only making noise in the streets of London and washington.
Wallahi,you are a great historian.We never anticipate this cowardice streak to be so strong in the yeriba gene.From the days of afonja to the days Awo-ole down to our time of OBJ, Abiola and the weeping generals.... Pardon me if i may ask but where is Diya right now? No be im junior dey campaign for senate president and governorship?? I guess our coward general is still traumatized by the whole weeping incident....

9 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by xynerise: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Smh..if the war begins tomorrow, I believe you all bleating here will run to Benin republic as refugees. You know nothing about war. War is between YOU and whoever tries to kill you. Do you think you will be in your house watching the war like a movie?

You guys are just comedians. Goodnight

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
anago9010:

animal the more you try hard to sound intelligent, the more you expose your gross stupidity and illiteracy. what on God's earth is speck. don't come here again loser, concentrate on your alaba things where your expertise lies.

butthurt.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
ba7man: And what happened to the brave Biafran soldiers that set foot on the cowardly Yoruba's soil??

The cowardly yorubas betrayed them.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Kponkwem(m): 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Op Blackteeth, what makes you think the far North has the population to overrun the South without external aid as usual from Chad, Niger etc? You should visit states in the North before you make this analysis.

I don't know how you make your assumptions but from middle belt southward, the population gets denser all over the world, including Nigeria. The core North, I dare say, doesn't have the population to overrun all of the south.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by T9ksy(m): 12:07am On Aug 01, 2014
AkinEgba:

But u did not align with igbos in the past and will likely also support the north as u did in the past. You really cant be trusted.

Did your garrulous warlord ask us for alliance? Hell no! Rather the slimy mofo took it upon himself to "liberate" us.
As for trust, that is a two-way street o. Do you for a minute think we yorubas trust you covetous and mischievous ingrates? We have never trust you guys only that we don't make a song and dance about it like you guys are fond of doing.

WE DON'T TRUST YOU AND YOU DON'T TRUST US!

Now, let's proceed from that position.

20 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by T9ksy(m): 12:22am On Aug 01, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Hell no! The gallant, hurriedly assembled yoruba soldiers fried their(ibo's) obdurate Igbos at Ore.

15 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by mazeltov(m): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

it is high time these ebolas stopped using the word ''betray'' solace themselves!!! there wasn't any agreement b4 d bushwhack was launched and they were fought off !!! maybe they were betrayed bcus they were underyoked at Ore by ordinary hunters.. i was wonder wat brought them to yoruba land afterall d war was btwn d igbos and d hausa grin
AlfaSeltzer:

it is high time these ebolas stopped using the word ''betray'' solace themselves!!! there wasn't any agreement b4 d bushwhack was launched and they were fought off !!! maybe they were betrayed bcus they were underyoked at Ore by ordinary hunters.. i was wonder wat brought them to yoruba land afterall d war was btwn d igbos and d hausa

13 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ebankole: 12:32am On Aug 01, 2014
Hmmm,what a thread ,it feels Good to be back again ke

una well done o
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Nah, they're ready for internet war, with e-rifles and e-bombs.

I actually feel sorry for Yoruba's the most, to be honest.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by iconize(m): 1:04am On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex: Nah, they're ready for internet war, with e-rifles and e-bombs.

I actually feel sorry for Yoruba's the most, to be honest.

Quite difficult to believe...
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by SonOfEl(m): 1:46am On Aug 01, 2014
T9ksy:

Hell no! The gallant, hurriedly assembled yoruba soldiers fried their(ibo's) obdurate Igbos at Ore.

empty barrels make the loudest noise, we know your type, dirty spineless braggarts. If its e-war, no shaking... If its field war, we are waiting for you... 'Yoruba', the name itself sounds dirty and shabby.

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 01, 2014
Is the country not already at war?? Or what do you call bomb blasts going off every now and then? Peace? undecided you know who is asking for war and it is not the Yorubas or igbos. Op mind yourself oo angry

sai Biafra/oduduwa nation smiley

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 01, 2014
The North is at their best when fighting unarmed people. They fight vigorously when the prospect of danger to themselves is very remote.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 01, 2014
gratiaeo:
Actualyy Yorubas are not cowards because they are worse of than cowards, I cant simply understand how Yourbas Leaders were imprisoned in the 60s for crimes they did not commit and the whole Yoruba nation kept mute until Nzeogwu Struck.

As if that was not enough when the second coup came ogundipe who was the most senior office in the army ran away to London rather than seize the opportunity offered by the leadership vaccum.
The whole world were taken aback again when in 1976 during Dimkas coup OBJ the Vice president was no where to be found , rather when the coup was squashed some northeners like TY danhjuma had to call him out o his hiding place to make room for his presidencey.

In 1993 Abiola the Field Marshall of Yoruba Land (AAre On kakanfo) was jailed by an ordinary Nigerian soldier his crime was winning an election again, the whole Yoruba nation ccould not live up to expectation , at a time an ordinary Major in the Army Major Al mustapha made 17 Yorubas generals to frog jump and eventually imprisoned the vice President who is a yoruba man O.O Diya for live his only saving grace was that Abach died in power.

The SW is the only group that never contemplated coup through out the history of Nigeria, Even the minorities in middle belt and south south carried out very bloody coups that shook the nation,The Yoruba nation eventhough interested in coups cannot perform they only fight a Governmet from the pages of Newspapers.
Even an ordinary henry Okah that was imprisoned by Yaradua gave Nigeria sleepless nights however 17 yoruba Generals , including Abiola , O.O.Diya and the buffon OBJ were on death row and the yorba Nation was mute like a dead dog only making noise in the streets of London and washington.

Is it because the yoruba prefer dialogue all the time or plain cowardice. Nations fight when they feel justified to do so. I mean great nations like the UK, France, Russia, Igbo etc have fought wars.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 01, 2014
dozzzybaba: ignorant Igbo

when are you going to reclaim your fathers abandoned property in port harcourt?

I learnt it was an uneducated Ikwere illiterate that chased him out of the house he built with the money gotten from the sale of your younger brother at the abakaliki baby factory

Teach!

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 01, 2014
anago9010:

illiterate it is spelt Ilorin, when will y'all bantunoid reclaim your abandon properties and the rumukro of p.h. a Google search of the battle of Oshogbo should cure your gross ignorance.

That illiterate is just like u who happens to be another illiterate too.
The spelling is rumuokoro and not rumukro.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 01, 2014
dozzzybaba: Students of the Ondo boys high school had a good view of the battle of Ore. It is said that the Ore hunters massacred the biafran cowards like bush meat, they were slaugthered as one would a grasscutter or an antelope.

Igbos are losers
grin grin
how did they ever think they were gonna run through Ibadan when they can't even defeat ore hunters
lmao

12 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:06am On Aug 01, 2014
But there's no way south can band together. Yoruba at most dislike the north for not speaking louder against violence, but we hate ibos for hating us. I'd rather fight ibos than fighting the north.

AkinEgba:

These days numbers don't mean much in war; the level and sophistication of ammunition at your disposal do. Moreover, the only way the Islamic North will come down south to fight is if they get encouragement from one or more betraying groups from the south. If the south bands together or at least do not betray each other by one group joining with the North to fight other southerners, then its a different story out there than you are telling us now.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 01, 2014
whitecat007: But there's no way south can band together. Yoruba at most dislike the north for not speaking louder against violence, but we hate ibos for hating us. I'd rather fight ibos than fighting the north.

I hardly see where a slave fights his master, nonetheless a slave with cowardice that is legendary.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Where is the south? Sorry, what we have in Nigeria is north, south, east and west, and every region will answer their father's name. You are warned now, don't turn around and say Yoruba betray you later cos we are not in alliance.

Concerning Ilorin the people will have to tell us what they want. You should be busy worrying about your region because Yoruba will not hold your hands.

AkinEgba:

Not exactly. Each group will get as much sophisticated weapons as they like. But I do no believe that the north will get up and take on the south in a war, unless of course the south is divided so that some southerners join the north against other southerners, in which case it is no longer North versus South, but ''North-South'' versus ''another South''.

As long as Yorubas do not go looking to get back Ilorin, they should be fine. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 6:20am On Aug 01, 2014
anago9010:

illiterate it is spelt Ilorin, when will y'all bantunoid reclaim your abandon properties and the rumukro of p.h. a Google search of the battle of Oshogbo should cure your gross ignorance.
fvcking illiterate calling another person illiterate, what's rumukro? Its rumuokoro. Fvcktard

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:22am On Aug 01, 2014
You lie bad, we are Yoruba first. The shocker may be when we join the Hausa to push you noise makers into Cameroon, if they had done it right the first, we would not be hearing never ending whining on daily basis.

Sunofgod: They are not at war . . . . its just some small historic 'hatred' on both sides.

I believe when the true battle starts it will be along 'religious' and not 'tribal' lines . . . . .

Alot of 'Yoruba's' will be slaughtered by Yoruba's........before 'Christianity' takes on 'Islam' . . .. (whilst the 'Jews' watch and laugh)

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:22am On Aug 01, 2014
You lie bad, we are Yoruba first. The shocker may be when we join the Hausa to push you noise makers into Cameroon, if they had done it right the first, we would not be hearing never ending whining on daily basis.

Sunofgod: They are not at war . . . . its just some small historic 'hatred' on both sides.

I believe when the true battle starts it will be along 'religious' and not 'tribal' lines . . . . .

Alot of 'Yoruba's' will be slaughtered by Yoruba's........before 'Christianity' takes on 'Islam' . . .. (whilst the 'Jews' watch and laugh)

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 6:28am On Aug 01, 2014
I don't expect this thread to end-up in the tribal bashing, the OP was specific about the south vs north, this has clearly shown that the south cannot unite against the north and if there's gonna be any saboteur, its gonna be the yorubas. Mind you that as violent as the north maybe, experience will play a big role for the igbos, let's see how far yorubas will go with their sabotage.

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:28am On Aug 01, 2014
And all the small towns along the way will be laying ambush on fleeing ibos who want set Lagos on fire before leaving.
jerseyboy: There is no basis for war. Igbos and Yorubas have no contagious border. Yorubas will flock in and flush everyone out of Lagos. I suspect the mid-west who are in the middle will back the Yorubas. Igbos will simply flee Lagos. Lagos is indefensible for Igbos. Hausas have a better chance over running Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:38am On Aug 01, 2014
it will be you came, saw and vanquished. If it smokes in Lagos, no ibo will pass through ogun and ondo state, land or water, mark it down.
Ahuitzotl: Yorubas will have to pay indemnity for the igbos to leave Lagos in peace..An urban warfare will level Lagos to the ground with threats of military encirclment from the North and East...

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:42am On Aug 01, 2014
Kapish!
ba7man: Some kids just say "War" as if its their regular "mum and daddy" fights at home.

Anyways, as yorubas, na our house we dey. Anyone that causes trouble within it will have Benin Republic to accomodate him as refugee.........of which, na our french speaking cousins dey there.

Bad move for a tenant fighting with his landlord. Tenant will always pack his load on his head and leave in the end.

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2014
All we are doing is guessing, I can see an idiot trying to compare oso abiola with the looming war, what a fool. When the time comes, we will know how the movie will unfold, no need trying to drag anything with anybody.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2014
So why then are you calling for alliance? Or you suffer from dementia?
AkinEgba:

But u did not align with igbos in the past and will likely also support the north as u did in the past. You really cant be trusted.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 7:11am On Aug 01, 2014
Well you are my slave and still fighting me.
Normality:

I hardly see where a slave fights his master, nonetheless a slave with cowardice that is legendary.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by PenSniper: 7:20am On Aug 01, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Yorubas will have to pay indemnity for the igbos to leave Lagos in peace..An urban warfare will level Lagos to the ground with threats of military encirclment from the North and East...

Grade 1 mumu. The same way you were paid in your backyard of PH. ? Do you know anything of history ? Put this into your skull right now: Yorubas know the amount of hatred the Igbos have for them. We are silently seething to show you one or two things. That the hatred is unjustified and baseless makes us wish for an opportunity to vent our pent-up fury on them. No negotiations and no parley. So when the bubble bursts, anything, animate or otherwise that bears the tag of Igbo in Lagos should safely be considered collateral damages. Note: no amount of calls for ceasefire will be heeded until all habingers of hatred on our land are annihilated. Keep on mouthing whatever you want. A sticth in time saves nine. Then you will realise that the silent agility of a tiger is never a sign of wickness or cowardice plus it pays to be wary of a sleeping or wounded tiger. That is if you survive the holocust.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Umahi Offers Scholarships To Four Best Mathematics Students In Ebonyi (Photos) / Photos Of The Luxurious Mansion Of GEN. BABAGINDA, That Has 50 Master Bedrooms / Keyamo: Recruitment Into Federal Civil Service No Solution To Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.