Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,970 members, 7,799,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (11558 Views)

There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / So.are Yorubas Ready To Fight / Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
All these adEBOLA yoruba boys are still here ranting about when their political stance in nigeria is on the verge of collapsing, adEbola guys should tell me their political significance in contemporary nigeria. Yorubas are no where to be found in nigeria's political cabinet today. Yimu for adEBOLA peeps.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
The battle at Ore capitulated because a Cowardly yoruba soldier Col. Banjo led the Lagos-bound troop from Biafra, the man simply got into ore, inhaled some zinc oxide from the rusted roof and surrendered to the federal, hardly was any shot recorded. When a yorubaman leads you to battle, you'll lose without firing a single shot. The illorin emirate comes to mind.

I think Ojukwu was too diplomatic trying to make friends with the yoruba by appointing one of their own as the commander of the Lagos-bound troop. If he had sent military tacticians like Col. Achuzia aka Biafran hannibal or even Col. Ogbogu kalu, Lagos would have been overrun in matter of days. He didn't treat yorubaland like an aggresor that it was. That's the only disagrement i had with Ikemba's tactics and i believe the lesson's have been learn't-Even if the enemy hides in your brother's house to throw stones into your compound in connivance with your brother, "Your brother" should be treated as a pure enemy. No sentiments in war. Even the North koreans killed their South korean brothers when the Americans were 'throwing stones" from the south.

This singular mistake should not be repeated in any future war....An enemy is an ENEMY..no half-enemy, no half-friends in Wars. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by SonOfEl(m): 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
harde2lah:
And what happened when Awo personally visited him persuading him to reconsider his stance on going to war? He's was stubborn and adamant. He underestimated the might of the Nigerian soldiers and thought its going to be a cakewalk for the biafran soldiers. Same thing is happening on Nairaland; you are underestimating the Yoruba's, calling us cowards. Everyone makes mistake but only fools makes the same mistake twice. Rule no 1 in any game is 'Never underestimate your opponent'
Our kindness and gentleness is being taken for a weakness. In the event of any war, we will show you again the stuff we are made of.
We were neutral during the war not until ojukwu invaded ore, a Yoruba land and you expect us to give me a pat on the back.

my ojukwu has no trust for double-tongued individuals irrespective of their intellectual leanings, so save yourself the long explanation.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
SonOfEl:

my ojukwu has no trust for double-tongued individuals irrespective of their intellectual leanings, so save yourself the long explanation.
Awo never trusted eebohs too.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by customized07: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
dozzybaba: The battle at Ore capitulated because a Cowardly yoruba soldier Col. Banjo led the Lagos-bound troop from Biafra, the man simply got into ore, inhaled some zinc oxide from the rusted roof and surrendered to the federal, hardly was any shot recorded. When a yorubaman leads you to battle, you'll lose without firing a single shot. The illorin emirate comes to mind.

I think Ojukwu was too diplomatic trying to make friends with the yoruba by appointing one of their own as the commander of the Lagos-bound troop. If he had sent military tacticians like Col. Achuzia aka Biafran hannibal or even Col. Ogbogu kalu, Lagos would have been overrun in matter of days. He didn't treat yorubaland like an aggresor that it was. That's the only disagrement i had with Ikemba's tactics and i believe the lesson's have been learn't-Even if the enemy hides in your brother's house to throw stones into your compound in connivance with your brother, "Your brother" should be treated as a pure enemy. No sentiments in war. Even the North koreans killed their South korean brothers when the Americans were 'throwing stones" from the south.

This singular mistake should not be repeated in any future war....An enemy is an ENEMY..no half-enemy, no half-friends in Wars . grin grin
of course ndigbo know better now, even the adEBOLA peeps will not want to form any alliance with igbo, it is detrimental to their generation.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

grin grin grin grin grin

You can't get over hanging around me..

hanging ke?

i just don't want you lamenting and preaching against "tribalism" on one hand and when we look away you are back to your vomit... grin

Thought you said you quit the game?..Difficult to keep your principle...eh?

Anyway, your cup of tea. I will be standing to attack anytime. You can count on that... grin

You know how my arrows pierce hearts..'cos you know grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by doublewisdom: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
The blood on Awolowo’s hands will drip down to his 7th generation. The case of Olu of Warri comes to mind. A big time confusionist he was. No wonder he has a transgender in his family. He also died a bitter man.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by SonOfEl(m): 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Shut up!

What feeding regime are you talking about.....they don't go for food in days...weeks or months?

You guys will start finding the reasons for you misadventure when you start asking the appropriate questions and not blaming your woes on other Yorubas.

it is a well documented fact that the nigerian war strategist were guilty of genocide, so you shut up.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by cheruv: 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
T9ksy:

Ol' boy, i think your analysis of the impending war is totally wrong. This time around, there will be no alliance in the south as in, we yorubas will not align with you ibos rather we will fight to protect the territorial integrity of our ancestral land.

As long as ibos don't send their boys down to our region, claiming they are coming to liberate us, then we have no quarrel with you.
Just stay in your own lane and we will stay in ours.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by SonOfEl(m): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Yes...Ibo land is still standing in a landlocked position...nothing changed. grin grin

like i said, dream on...it is your right.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by SonOfEl(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Bitter kid...

I feel your pain and anguish...pele grin

you wish...
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Kc3000: 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
There's no kind of rubbish one would not encounter on nairaland. Nigerian Army troops led by Murtala Mohammed engaged the Biafran forces at the battle of Ore, not some foolish Ore hunters. Seemingly, some Yoruba in a desperate effort to puff their chests out diminish the greater efforts of the Middle-belters, Northerners, and even the heavy lifting done by Nigeria's foreign allies to secure victory for Nigeria during the civil war. All these claims and counter-claims pulled out from people's a.sses can only fool the gullible, and are only useful to deluded minds. While we bask in our delusions, let's not neglect the glaringly precarious state of Nigeria at present. Do we really crave another war in this country? Who is fighting who this time around? Did anybody really win the last showdown, given the incredible loss of lives on both sides, resources expended, and the mutual suspicion and hatred that we all now have to live with? It's not sufficient to sit in some western country and aggressively punch your keyboard to boast of your prowess, but step back and take a long hard look at what war is really about. Indeed, we might have to war it out again in Nigeria, but at the end, all those who are fortunate enough to survive(speaking of the brave that actually fought, not those who hide away only to come back to rewrite history when the conflict is over) would simply realize that it was a futile and painful exercise. By all means, if any group invades your territory, they leave you no choice but to give them hell and defend it with every ounce of your blood, but warmongering online for the heck of it is foolishness.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
lorRhyMeZ: ....I just siddon dey look...grin

As a Northerner grin

But the way you people use yolobar peeps mehn.
Even after their degenerate scorpion took southern oil fields, your people just came and shared the oil wells amongst yourselves. Nothing for the yorubaman. You people wicked o.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by lorRhyMeZ: 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

But the way you people use yolobar peeps mehn.
Even after their degenerate scorpion took southern oil fields, your people just came and shared the oil wells amongst yourselves. Nothing for the yorubaman. You people wicked o.

What do u mean? grin is Alakija not yolobar? Moreover its not my fault that when d oil we were sharing was going on,d yolobar pple decided cocoa farming is better...as for d yibgo pple...no b me send dem go fight civil war o...

Like I said...Me I go just siddon dey look..grin

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
dozzybaba:

hanging ke?

i just don't want you lamenting and preaching against "tribalism" on one hand and when we look away you are back to your vomit... grin

Thought you said you quit the game?..Difficult to keep your principle...eh?

Anyway, your cup of tea. I will be standing to attack anytime. You can count on that... grin

You know how my arrows pierce hearts..'cos you know grin grin

Abeg I abegi ...am not in the mood for your usual Ilorin nonsense tonight! grin
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ak47mann(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2014
harde2lah:
Bring it on you foolish old man and we will open the front door for you and miserable family and let you meet satan.
you never fought any war in history this is not about who pull off their agbada first and scream aaaaaaahhhh trust me by that time you and your whole generation will be at our mercy..By the way you can be older than me by far cool
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 9:10am On Aug 02, 2014
!
customized07: I know you, you are a standardized liar, you keep telling us how your dad has three fictional houses. No one will beat you if you don't tell us that , you knw?
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by whitecat007: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2014
You really are talking about your great great grand father here, it clearly can't be Awolowo.

doublewisdom: The blood on Awolowo’s hands will drip down to his 7th generation. The case of Olu of Warri comes to mind. A big time confusionist he was. No wonder he has a transgender in his family. He also died a bitter man.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ebankole: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2014
whitecat007: You really are talking about your great great grand father here, it clearly can't be Awolowo.

This dude Rock mehn.....
wow

shout out to all my Oduaa people.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by zendy: 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
dozzybaba: The battle at Ore capitulated because a Cowardly yoruba soldier Col. Banjo led the Lagos-bound troop from Biafra, the man simply got into ore, inhaled some zinc oxide from the rusted roof and surrendered to the federal, hardly was any shot recorded. When a yorubaman leads you to battle, you'll lose without firing a single shot. The illorin emirate comes to mind.

This singular mistake should not be repeated in any future war....An enemy is an ENEMY..no half-enemy, no half-friends in Wars. grin grin

The worst thing about the battle of Ore which Yorubas do not realise is that it was actually the last hope of the Yorubas to ever be emancipated. Victor Banjo declared the republic of the mid-west after capturing that territory. He would have declared the Republic of Oduduwa had the Yorubas had the Spine to help him capture the west and Lagos. It was a Golden opportunity to throw off the northerners and liberate the entire south Nigeria from the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy that ran the Nigerian nation into the ground. But what did the Yorubas do? They chose the role of 'lackeys' of the north and did all they could to frustrate that venture in their desperate bid to remain in the geographical prison yard called Nigeria. The Yoruba man has all but lost all sense of self determination. It is on record that in Nigeria,the Yorubas are the only people who have never taken up arms against the northern oligarchy. Even their officer corps have never conducted a coup but a common major called Orkah from the south-south almost changed the course of Nigeria. It was the great Bob Marley that sang "Emancipate your self from mental slavery". It almost sounded like he was singing to the Yorubas.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
gratiaeo: Only if Britain, America, Russia, Canada, Germany etc will not team against Igbo again.
Yoruba have 2 reclaim Irorin from Fulanis first before we can count them
lol what of france
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
tit: it will not be two fighting.
Yoruba will say to ibo: I will beat you ooo.
Again
lmaaaaooooo egbe
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
gratiaeo:
Use your useless shakabula and chase Fulanis out of Ilorin. Idioot
lol
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
ebankole:

This dude Rock mehn.....
wow

shout out to all my Oduaa people.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is a real history class .......... *this pop-corn is sweet though* guguru oloyin!!!!!
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by T8ksy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
zendy:

The worst thing about the battle of Ore which Yorubas do not realise is that it was actually the last hope of the Yorubas to ever be emancipated. Victor Banjo declared the republic of the mid-west after capturing that territory. He would have declared the Republic of Oduduwa had the Yorubas had the Spine to help him capture the west and Lagos. It was a Golden opportunity to throw off the northerners and liberate the entire south Nigeria from the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy that ran the Nigerian nation into the ground. But what did the Yorubas do? They chose the role of 'lackeys' of the north and did all they could to frustrate that venture in their desperate bid to remain in the geographical prison yard called Nigeria. The Yoruba man has all but lost all sense of self determination. It is on record that in Nigeria,the Yorubas are the only people who have never taken up arms against the northern oligarchy. Even their officer corps have never conducted a coup but a common major called Orkah from the south-south almost changed the course of Nigeria. It was the great Bob Marley that sang "Emancipate your self from mental slavery". It almost sounded like he was singing to the Yorubas.

Jokes apart,if you had a functional brain, you will be quite lethal!!!
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
SEUN HAS REALLY SUFERED IN THIS SITE. IMAGINE SOME IDIOTS AND FOOLS LAYING CURSES ON THE GENTLEMAN FOR DOING WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE. I REMEMBER HOW SERENE THIS SITE WAS POST-2009, BEFORE THE BIGOTS INVADED IT TO CURE THEIR DEMONIC SATANIC TASTE FOR BLOOD. IT'S HIGH TIME SEUN CLOSE THIS DEMONIC FORUM CALLED POLITICS. RWANDA'S GENOCIDAL TEMPLATE IN 1993 STARTED THROUGH A MEDIUM LIKE THIS. SEUN, SEUN, SEUN DO THE NEEDFUL AND CLOSE THIS FUCKING FORUM THE DEVIL WANT'S TO USE TO CAUSE ETHIC BLOODSHED AND DIVISION IN THIS COUNTRY. #TEAMCLOSEPOLITICSSECTION#
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Balkan(m): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
zendy:

I do not agree that yorubas are cowards or that they have not planed any coup. general Diya did.
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ikweremilitant: 12:28am On Sep 13, 2014
AkinEgba:

These days numbers don't mean much in war; the level and sophistication of ammunition at your disposal do. Moreover, the only way the Islamic North will come down south to fight is if they get encouragement from one or more betraying groups from the south. If the south bands together or at least do not betray each other by one group joining with the North to fight other southerners, then its a different story out there than you are telling us now.
and which tribe do you think the betrayals will come from?take a wild guess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photo's From African Action Congress National (AAC) Convention In Lagos / #EndSARS: Lagos Governmet Pays For Forensic Examination Of Lekki Toll Gate / Ebonyi Agog As Ebonyi Minority Leader Dumps PDP For ANN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.