Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,101 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Americo-liberians Vs Indigenous Liberians; A Retrospect On Liberian History! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Americo-liberians Vs Indigenous Liberians; A Retrospect On Liberian History! (1398 Views)

6 Lovely Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (photos) / Indigenous Hausa Tubali Architecture / Senegal , Ivorian And Liberian Girls Are Beautiful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Americo-liberians Vs Indigenous Liberians; A Retrospect On Liberian History! by morpheus24: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
In my studies of African history, I often come across certain situations in my continents history that begs additional pondering on why certain situations occured the way they did.

This brought me to Liberia's history. A country never colonized and founded by a group of the African American settlers. It is a known fact that a lot of African Americans often resent the Africans for selling them off to the new world thereby facilitating or at least culpable as co- conspirators in the acts that befell them in the new world.

In looking at Liberia's history I see that when the roles were reversed the AA's did the same things and even worse to the native indigenous populations that they shared the country with so much so that they adopted the same draconian and racial attitudes towards the native population up until the assasination of President Tolbert by the Samuel Doe. I have often believed that till now this power play is still in effect in Liberia being that Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and even the sinister Charles Taylor are "technically" of the same stock as the Americo-Liberians.

Comments are welcome by AA's, Liberians and Nigerians on how they view what this history.
Re: Americo-liberians Vs Indigenous Liberians; A Retrospect On Liberian History! by TheBaltimorean(m): 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2018
Liberia was good before the 1980 coup. We she what happened when the natives had power.
Re: Americo-liberians Vs Indigenous Liberians; A Retrospect On Liberian History! by morpheus24: 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
TheBaltimorean:
Liberia was good before the 1980 coup. We she what happened when the natives had power.

Yes, African americans and caribean Americans exploited the cheap labour and resources in the country lavishing it on all sorts of ridiculous firvolities and never incorporated the indigenous Africans that lives adjacent to them instead trying to dominate and subjugate them as they were thought from their American experience.

Of course no blame should go to them. They are pretty innocent.

I laugh in Hausa!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Can You Speak Pure Igbo Without Mixing English Words? / Africa's Population To Double To 2.4 Billion By 2050 - Telegraph / Meet The Newly 24-year-old Crowned King Of Delta State, Nduka Ezeagwuna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.