Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' (25650 Views)

Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / DOWNLOAD: 2face Idibia - The Ascension Album Full 17 Tracks Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by pweetygina: 6:07am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=leonard509]2face don change. .the '' spiritual healing'' video makes no sense. .im don join illumina.....dont knw why pple cant perceive dat!
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by akanbi2k: 6:09am On Aug 02, 2014
@Lanre Etti, Point of correction ,Religion , not music is the Opium of the masses- Karl Marx

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by azimibraun: 6:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Mr Beatsarena( the OP) I am ashamed of u. In this horrible country where everybody has chose to be unfair and just in their analysis, you have stubbornly refused to be adultrated with sentiment, ego and jealousy? Are u blind to the fact that nobody speaks the truth anymore in Nigeria? For your own good next time,when analysing an album just don't be dis nice and objective ok? Just come out and condenm the album and you will see the love, secondment and likes ur post will get. You are the most sincere, objective and just pundit I have ever seen and read on NL and any other site for that matter. This is naija ppl are not" obejective, fair and proffessional" and that's why I am ashamed of you for not knowing you are in " yeye" naija and you are coming out to make sense in a nonsense envioroment. Ppl lk u don last long o! Even 2baba will be shocked @ ur fairness am sure he wll ask his wife Annie" see dis boy o! Him get sense so? Abi him no be Nigerian?" because of ur objectivity.

11 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by azimibraun: 6:17am On Aug 02, 2014
Karl Marx since when? Exactly what I jst spoke about. The OP has dynamism in mind writting the conservative status quo reader has history in mind. Music has cmearly taken over from Religion. Haven't u seen the illuninati video of a Jay Z concert and a christian concert? Even atheist hav artiste the almost worship even when they don't believe in religion. Let a preacher islamic or christian storm town and let davido, Don jazzy, 2baba, wizkid et al storm town and u will know wich is the opium of the masses now.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Twik: 6:20am On Aug 02, 2014
The writer of this article must b a carrier of Ebola!!..I am listening to the album now!..and it make sense die.

4 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Friedfred(m): 6:20am On Aug 02, 2014
Runing to succes point store to get my copy. If i find out the album is trash op must refund me oo.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2014
I love jeje the most . the song is tight.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Twik: 6:24am On Aug 02, 2014
azimibraun: Mr Beatsarena( the OP) I am ashamed of u. In this horrible country where everybody has chose to be unfair and just in their analysis, you have stubbornly refused to be adultrated with sentiment, ego and jealousy? Are u blind to the fact that nobody speaks the truth anymore in Nigeria? For your own good next time,when analysing an album just don't be dis nice and objective ok? Just come out and condenm the album and you will see the love, secondment and likes ur post will get. You are the most sincere, objective and just pundit I have ever seen and read on NL and any other site for that matter. This is naija ppl are not" obejective, fair and proffessional" and that's why I am ashamed of you for not knowing you are in " yeye" naija and you are coming out to make sense in a nonsense envioroment. Ppl lk u don last long o! Even 2baba will be shocked @ ur fairness am sure he wll ask his wife Annie" see dis boy o! Him get sense so? Abi him no be Nigerian?" because of ur objectivity.
oga I am a Nigerian and I speak the truth!..if u don't speak the truth talk for your self! And not for nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by azimibraun: 6:25am On Aug 02, 2014
Why are decent Nigerians like Lanre etti the Op vexed and shocked with the fact that 2baba ddnt do a song in his usual way of adressing present circumstances in the country? because ppl listen to 2face more than any preacher. Musicians have a wider audience and have the trust and love of the masses more than preachers who are seen " heavy job Men" can u compare Akon with any preacher in africa? Who does the ppll believe and listens to more abi whyclef? Dnt get me wrong o! Na music and musician wey get head o! Not all dis other accidental musicians o! Who are like dos hustler preachers who come to do a weak prayer by a travelling bus and after the unfocused prayer ask ppl to do donations. Those preachers @ God is Good in asaba.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by IAMBREEZY: 6:35am On Aug 02, 2014
Nice! I'm going to purchase the album on ITunes later.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by azimibraun: 6:39am On Aug 02, 2014
Abeg between Femi and him Father Fela kuti who sing dat song" truth don die" again sef? Truth has long bin dead and buried in najai my bros. Any atom of truth u get in naija 2day is just " in memory" our dearly departed truth.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Smartsyn: Please who is 2face , and did he ascend to heaven like Jesus...?

yawn!!!
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by ebosse(m): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2014
As a 2Baba fan I almost cried when I listened to this Sh*t!..... This album should have been called "The Descension"... I don't even know what words to use to describe how terrible this album his!!!.. As bad as Dammy krane is he wouldn't release an album this whack!... Anyways as 2baba don decide to join the moving train of Nigerian whack song makers I've decided to move on jeje..

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Larrey(f): 6:45am On Aug 02, 2014
If u think 2baba is too overrated den dnt expect much from him.2baba can't satisfy everybody,some songs are worst dan his but u people prefer dat.I downloaded can somebody love me sometimes ago and its interesting. wack or no wack he will forever remain 2baba (humble baba)

3 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by ebosse(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2014
iwakolewa: I love jeje the most . the song is tight.
That is the only manageable song in the album... Funny thing is comparing it with songs from his last album (songs like steady steady and push it) is like comparing Hollandia yoghurt with Zobo!... This "Descension"Album is Whack AF!
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2014
2face actually changed is style very much on this album but I think h trid cuase variety is th spice of life.'the best I can be' is my favorite xcluding rocksteady part.....and also jeje that song would b rocked in clubs and parties trust me.pleased op listend to that track 9 is evrybody favorite off this album..will rate the album 7/10.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 6:53am On Aug 02, 2014
ebosse:
That is the only manageable song in the album... Funny thing is comparing it with songs from his last album (songs like steady steady and push it) is like comparing Hollandia yoghurt with Zobo!... This "Descension"Album is Whack AF!
I don't you man but listen to the album again.at first I hated it after more than 5times of listening to it I fell in lov with jeje confesion lesse pass.or wait wen the album is everywere and banging maybe u would fancy it
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2014
ebosse: As a 2Baba fan I almost cried when I listened to this Sh*t!..... This album should have been called "The Descension"... I don't even know what words to use to describe how terrible this album his!!!.. As bad as Dammy krane is he wouldn't release an album this whack!... Anyways as 2baba don decide to join the moving train of Nigerian whack song makers. I've decided to move on jeje..
brother listen to confession and close to we're u are
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Rashdimuh(m): 6:55am On Aug 02, 2014
Honestly this album is very good only that it is an album for poetic people not for kids, am happy that the album is enjoying much publicity 8/10 for me
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 6:57am On Aug 02, 2014
Rashdimuh: Honestly this album is very good only that it is an album for poetic people not for kids, am happy that the album is enjoying much publicity 8/10 for me
that's true man which is ur favorite?
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by biz2get(m): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2014
neuljosh: I wonder what happened to black face and co. ??

chek mushin.... they should be there cheesy

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Rashdimuh(m): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2014
odibenson: that's true man which is ur favorite?
Confessions, akproko, Go,
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 02, 2014
The OPs is sincere with his words.
Some of the tracks are kind of below Tuface standard previously achieved.
Even the "Jeje" the ops praised is more or less average for me now compare to Double-wahala or jaiye jaiye by oritse femi and wizkid respectively.

But this is 2face just give the album time we might just rate it as the best album from him. His albums usually have a poor rating at first.

#team2face.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2014
famousdee: The OPs is sincere with his words.
Some of the tracks are kind of below Tuface standard previously achieved.
Even the "Jeje" the ops praised is more or less average for me now compare to Double-wahala or jaiye jaiye by oritse femi and wizkid respectively.

But this is 2face just give the album time we might just rate it as the best album from him. His albums usually have a poor rating at first.

#team2face.
that's true man this album would grow on us.but try and listen to confession and kiss of life 2face is trying to diversify is style of music.variety they say is the spice of life

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2014
ebosse: As a 2Baba fan I almost cried when I listened to this Sh*t!..... This album should have been called "The Descension"... I don't even know what words to use to describe how terrible this album his!!!.. As bad as Dammy krane is he wouldn't release an album this whack!... Anyways as 2baba don decide to join the moving train of Nigerian whack song makers I've decided to move on jeje..

Looool bro!
Just give the album time, tuface albums are always like this.

#team2face
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by abatically(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2014
@op, nice review. I don't know about u but CONFESSIONS is my best track of the album. I love the beats, rhythm and even lyrics. And rocksteady kicked ass in that track... Not energetic but not lazy either, he just blended with the beat. The 2 tracks that I have okayed more than 40 times are confessions and jeje.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by thomasjoe1: 7:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Wow ! Thats what I call a balanced view ...............bro you are seriously on point with your writeup
Nice one
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by abatically(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2014
odibenson: that's true man this album would grow on us.but try and listen to confession and kiss of life 2face is trying to diversify is style of music.variety they say is the spice of life

Gbam. Confessions is the best track for me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chidinma & Flavour – 40 Yrs (Video) / Latest 3gp Music Videos / Wizkid, Olamide And Davido Battle For Best Male NEA Awards 2018 | Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.