Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' (25649 Views)

Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / DOWNLOAD: 2face Idibia - The Ascension Album Full 17 Tracks Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Ogbarrison: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
Its Not a Surprise people will Ife Dinma this Ascension album wella. Remember his last two albums gained acceptance in Jeje fashion (slow and steady). Because right from the word (track) Go, we will feel the International Loving it carries with it. For all you dissing this album, I just Can’t Hear You and like 2face said, I’ll just #Aproko for them head because from one Holiday to the other, you will always hear this album Close to Where You Are.
The funny thing about me and my Diaspora woman is that I always tell her I Hate What You Do To Me and then she gives me this… Kiss of Life and I just go bouncing and dancing Bourlay Bourlay. So please love somebody and Let Somebody Love You. As you can see, we’ve both got each other’s Lesse Passe (remote control).
I have to make some Confessions like… 2face has always in all his albums told and inspired me to be The Best I can Be and also… that it took me like 69 minutes to compose this… hmm that’s the full album length. Wow!!!

3 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
That is the only manageable song in the album... Funny thing is comparing it with songs from his last album (songs like steady steady and push it) is like comparing Hollandia yoghurt with Zobo!... This "Descension"Album is Whack AF![/

cheesy grin
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by ogmask: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
Beatsarenaaaaa. How many times i call u?

After reading ur review yesterday i was not too confortable with the rating, save for a few diehard fans who will die with 2baba the king of naija music arena.

Howbeit, i went in search of the album and luckily i got it. I have listened to the entire album.
You know what op? Ur review nor make sense. The album tight die. Funny enough the few tracks u wrote off like tracks 6 &9 are the coco in d matter. Rocksteady rocks. The album na 9.5/10 jare.

Pls try as much as possible to be fair next time abeg. U wan kill person op.

Nuf said.

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by dabossman(m): 12:26am On Aug 04, 2014
One thing I know about 2face's albums is that it usual grows on you in a few days and then you just increasingly begin to appreciate each track. This was the same way critics initially wrote of Grass to Grace and Away and Beyond. But now we know better.

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 5:08am On Aug 04, 2014
ebosse: .

True.. But if I have to listen to it 5 times to like it.then I think we should do the same with the likes of WizKid , Iyanya , even Sky B.. Its unfair to criticize other artiste after just 1 or 2 listens if we can't do the same with 2face..... Be honest with yourself how many times did u listen to all D'banj recent songs b4 criticize them ?
true talk.but the razness of dbanj at times mak you overlook h is music.so you telling me to listen to dbanj music that he always shout banhgalee,kayswitch lee ,tontolee en ja.the worst of all he went on to sign tontolee tonto dike on is label platform.my best dbanj songs til date are celebrate,and top of the world.cos dbanj sang from is buttom of his heart.and was very cool
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Rilikoko(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2014
Am addicted to d album already....either blasting from d home theater speakers or earpiece plugged to my ear everyday,i just cant get enough of dos songs...Tubaba,u are my baba for life!

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by ajidaddy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
This album seems to be very good tho. True to what the reviewer said, you probably have to keep the album on replay to enjoy it as much. My best track without a doubt seems to be 'I hate what you do to me'. Nice one 2 Baba smiley
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Pweetyradiance(f): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
cyril83:

Don't just go there, none of the ascension tracks can stand oliver twist.

don't go where? can't remember telling u I am going anywhere...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chidinma & Flavour – 40 Yrs (Video) / Latest 3gp Music Videos / Wizkid, Olamide And Davido Battle For Best Male NEA Awards 2018 | Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.