Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Need Help From "Justwise" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Help From "Justwise" (5116 Views)

Justwise / U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent / A Word 4 Mr Justwise!: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help From "Justwise" by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
I am a Nigerian doing my masters in Europe,i was issued a two year B1/B2 American visa last two months to attend a conference and academic fair in California.Unfortunately, i could not attend the conference due to some reasons beyond my control then.

Now, i intend to visit US in September for a two week holiday before we resume our first semester final year.my fear is if i will be allowed to enter US at the port of entry since i did not come for the purpose in which the visa was issued (i mean the conference)?

What do you advice me to do @justwise and other experienced travelers?

Thanks.
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
terrimatix: I am a Nigerian doing my masters in Europe,i was issued a two year B1/B2 American visa last two months to attend a conference and academic fair in California.Unfortunately, i could not attend the conference due to some reasons beyond my control then.

Now, i intend to visit US in September for a two week holiday before we resume our first semester final year.my fear is if i will be allowed to enter US at the port of entry since i did not come for the purpose in which the visa was issued (i mean the conference)?

Thanks.

You will have a lot of explanations to do at POE, you may have to contact the embassy first traveling.
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by Vicjustice: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
terrimatix: I am a Nigerian doing my masters in Europe,i was issued a two year B1/B2 American visa last two months to attend a conference and academic fair in California.Unfortunately, i could not attend the conference due to some reasons beyond my control then.
Thanks.
If you are lucky enough to meet an inefficient immigration officer who would not look into the purpose of which your visa was issued, you may be allowed in, but once the purpose is looked into, (unless you have a very satisfying explanation that would make it meaningful to use this visa for another purpose as it is unreasonably to apply for another visa while the previous one remains valid) then there is nothing that will stop them from keeping you in the holding room for the next available deportation flight.
Yes, like Justwise advices, you might want to first contact the embassy.
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by Nobody: 2:28am On Aug 02, 2014
justwise:
You will have a lot of explanations to do at POE, you may have to contact the embassy first traveling.
Vicjustice:
If you are lucky enough to meet an inefficient immigration officer who would not look into the purpose of which your visa was issued, you may be allowed in, but once the purpose is looked into, (unless you have a very satisfying explanation that would make it meaningful to use this visa for another purpose as it is unreasonably to apply for another visa while the previous one remains valid) then there is nothing that will stop them from keeping you in the holding room for the next available deportation flight.
Yes, like Justwise advices, you might want to first contact the embassy.
Thank you so much guys, i am very grateful..I contacted the embassy that issued me the visa immediately i realized i wasn't going to attend the conference and these were our conversations:-

Good morning,

My name is ***** and i am a masters student of XX.
I was issued with a two year B1/B2 visa recently to attend a conference in California come July.

Unfortunately, i will not be able to attend the conference anymore. I got a summer job few days ago and it's obvious my employer will not oblige my request to travel for the conference.
Now, my question is this: Eventually if i didn't travel for the conference again which it seems like, will it affect me at the port of entry if i decide to visit during Christmas holiday or some other time within the two years of expiration of the visa?

Kind regards,

And this was the response i got:-

Dear *****,

Your visa is good for two years and multiple entries. You may travel anytime during this two year period for business, tourist or conference purposes.

Best regards,

What do you guys think about that, do i still have to email the embassy again?? Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by monoformdude: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2014
terrimatix: Thank you so much guys, i am very grateful..I contacted the embassy that issued me the visa immediately i realized i wasn't going to attend the conference and these were our conversations:-

Good morning,

I was issued with a two year B1/B2 visa recently to attend a conference in California come July.
u may print it out n take it along! my guess

Unfortunately, i will not be able to attend the conference anymore. I got a summer job few days ago and it's obvious my employer will not oblige my request to travel for the conference.
Now, my question is this: Eventually if i didn't travel for the conference again which it seems like, will it affect me at the port of entry if i decide to visit during Christmas holiday or some other time within the two years of expiration of the visa?

Kind regards,

Dear *****,

Your visa is good for two years and multiple entries. You may travel anytime during this two year period for business, tourist or conference purposes.

Best regards,

What do you guys think about that, do i still have to email the embassy again?? Thanks
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by Lucasbalo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=monoformdude][/quote]That's why they call it multiple visa. Its good for multiple use over 2 years. Just make sure you use it at least once before expiration.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
terrimatix: Thank you so much guys, i am very grateful..I contacted the embassy that issued me the visa immediately i realized i wasn't going to attend the conference and these were our conversations:-

Good morning,

Kind regards,

Dear *****,

Best regards,

Print the letter and travel with it because you will need it at the POE.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lucasbalo: That's why they call it multiple visa. Its good for multiple use over 2 years. Just make sure you use it at least once before expiration.
Thanks bro,you guys have been very helpful.
justwise:
Print the letter and travel with it because you will need it at the POE.
Justwise, you are the man...Thanks a lot for your guidelines.I am booking my flight right away. grin grin
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by sainaF: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2014
Hi justwise. Please I need to ask you a few questions pertaining to US tourist visa. I want to apply by December as I am going to visit my elder sister. My sister is also a permanent resident in d US. I work in a private hospital with a salary of 80k for almost a year now. I am 28 years old. I have no property except a car. I have traveled to Germany on schengen visa in january this year. Please what are my chances of getting a visa!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by ifegy: 1:56am On Aug 24, 2014
sainaF: Hi justwise. Please I need to ask you a few questions pertaining to US tourist visa. I want to apply by December as I am going to visit my elder sister. My sister is also a permanent resident in d US. I work in a private hospital with a salary of 80k for almost a year now. I am 28 years old. I have no property except a car. I have traveled to Germany on schengen visa in january this year. Please what are my chances of getting a visa!

Ask here:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/119
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2014
Goodmorning justwise,
Am dele, actually am kinda new somehow,
please can anyone help to tell me my chance of
gettin a visa(uk)... I am an IT stdnt in
chevron...my dad nd step mum r already
citizens there...I got letter of invitation frm
both...wit my dad statement of account nd
while in my own part, I put my letter of
employment, my IT ltter frm school nd also my
statement of account on how my salary has
been paid...but. Failed to put my work ID
card...pls can it affect my application...I
submitted on friday...pls is there any hope or
chance for me to get a visa...hv nt been ok
since friday...pls help
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by justwise(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2014
fikki1: Goodmorning justwise,
since friday...pls help

Nobody here will be able to tell you whether you will be issued a visa or not.

Since you have submitted already there is no pointing getting yourself worked out, if you met all requirements not adding your work ID 'may not' affect the outcome. So be positive.
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 11:05am On Aug 24, 2014
justwise:

Nobody here will be able to tell you whether you will be issued a visa or not.

Since you have submitted already there is no pointing getting yourself worked out, if you met all requirements not adding your work ID 'may not' affect the outcome. So be positive.

Thanks...
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
fikki1: Goodmorning justwise,
since friday...pls help
Why Invitation when you can apply for "Right of Abode" since your parents are already citizens?? I have a friend that did it and it worked for her, now she is in UK already working and intending to resume school in September.
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 7:14am On Aug 27, 2014
terrimatix: Why Invitation when you can apply for "Right of Abode" since your parents are already citizens?? I have a friend that did it and it worked for her, now she is in UK already working and intending to resume school in September.

Is it possible?....she is ma step mum....I hve not heard of this before
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please...I need interpretation...I think this english is beyond my comprehension...though have not gone to VAC ...but I jst need ur explanation...its somehow to me...pls

Your application has been approved and the visa
has been issued. We aim to return passports to the
VAC within 2 working days. You can check the
location of your passport
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by esteltiarra: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
It means your visa has been approved and issued, congrats, go pick your passport,book your ticket and fly, safe trip.
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
fikki1: Please...I need interpretation...I think this english is beyond my comprehension...though have not gone to VAC ...but I jst need ur explanation...its somehow to me...pls

Your application has been approved and the visa
has been issued. We aim to return passports to the
VAC within 2 working days. You can check the
location of your passport

Congratulations! You can visit the visa centre on Monday or Tuesday to pick up your package
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations! You can visit the visa centre on Monday or Tuesday to pick up your package

Do they send message if application is rejected or accepted
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
fikki1:

Do they send message if application is rejected or accepted

Yes they do
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
justwise:

Yes they do

Ok...tanks...I will check next week den....thanks justwise....wats ur name bro...
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by suxes2005(m): 5:11am On Sep 02, 2014
fikki1:

Ok...tanks...I will check next week den....thanks justwise....wats ur name bro...

C'grats, go pick your visa!
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by justwise(m): 8:45am On Sep 02, 2014
fikki1:

grin justwise

8 Likes

Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by DonOms(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2014
justwise:

grin justwise

What I see here is that one must smile before calling your name o, so I'll remember to always add grin wink

1 Like

Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by android666: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
justwise:

grin justwise
Lmao cheesy

6 Likes

Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pls... Do anyone knw how I can get a cheap ticket maybe a link or website... I wnt to book for flight...either Arik, virgin atlantic or ABS pls ur response is needed...tanks
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by TeamclicksAir: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
fikki1: Pls... Do anyone knw how I can get a cheap ticket maybe a link or website... I wnt to book for flight...either Arik, virgin atlantic or ABS pls ur response is needed...tanks
where are you travelling too?
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
TeamclicksAir: where are you travelling too?

Uk..
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by TeamclicksAir: 12:11am On Sep 22, 2014
fikki1:

Uk..
why not visit the airline website. prices varies depending on the date you wish to travel.
Re: I Need Help From "Justwise" by fikki1: 12:24am On Sep 22, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
why not visit the airline website. prices varies depending on the date you wish to travel.

Been trying...bt aint getting it much...bt will try using. A computer , cos hve only tried on fone nd its jst annoying nt getting wat I need
....Thanks boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who has been to France, precisely Paris? / How Many Hours Drive Is Ore - Ibadan / Any Idea About Estonian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.