Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers (29804 Views)

Where Can L Download Lgbo Highlife Music From? / Who Is Nigeria's King Of Highlife Music? / Classic Highlife Music (this Is Old School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2014
etebefia: brother you are there, if you ever listen to old school morocco you won't like what he is doing now, meanwhile do you have any of the old school?

Guy, Morrocc abandoned his talent in chase of money.
I have been looking for his oldies on YouTube with no success.
I'm not in the country, else I would have gotten them.
I remember one of his line that says" Emeka Morroco welu egwu yi gaba, noo mua bua na ekwu na nwa Maduka ya echi eze egwu Ekpili,Emeka Morroco aya amaro onye bu onye".
I miss those days,when my cousins listened to Obiligbo, Okonkwo Iyaji asaa(seven seven),Afam Ogbotobo, Show Promoter,Gentleman Mike Ejeagha,Mudibe and Ozoemena Nsugbe Rip(Ayaka na Nsugbe). My beautiful early days.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eyop: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Wow, you must have a large collection. I love congolese songs as well, infact as a guitarist, you must know virtually every song you can think of. I started learning soukous of recent because it's a bit different from nigerian highlife. I enjoy zaiko langa langa and tp ok jazz!
Brother i really do and am glad to have someone on the forum that enjoys the music same as i do. I think Diblo dibala is a fantastic Guitarist that's why they nicknamed him Machine Gun. There are other artiste i didn't list such as Pepe Kalle,Alain Kounkou,Alain Makaba,etc
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2014
stanuplane:
Tribalistic bigots. They re here again. They have to make anything and everything about their tribe. Make God help you people.

I actually don't see anything tribalist about what he wrote.
Everybody have their own style and genre.
In Igboland we have Ekpili, Ogene, highlife, Ekwe,Ayaka, Igba and Udu for women folks.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by EbuGeneral(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2014
In the memory of Able Sir Warrior, Chief Osita Osadebe, Oliver De Coque... R.I.P ... My current best high life musician is Chijioke Mbanefo...''onye Mmacha'', Bright Chimezie, Morocco nwa Mmaduka... My best high life music album is Osadebe in Atlanta(Chukwuma)
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2014
peppyluv02: No one mentioned 'ozoemena nwa nsugbe' or is that not high life?
Anyway,don't really know their names but i love them and they put me in a dancing mood especially at traditional weddings.

Nne,Ozoemena's music belongs to the Ekpili genre.
Never heard from you again.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Onyiibazz: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2014
Eyop:
Brother i really do and am glad to have someone on the forum that enjoys the music same as i do. I think Diblo dibala is a fantastic Guitarist that's why they nicknamed him Machine Gun. There are other artiste i didn't list such as Pepe Kalle,Alain Kounkou,Alain Makaba,etc

Yea, i have some videos of guitar transcriptions of Diblo Dabala, Pepe Kalle, and so many others, that's what am using to learn to play soukous! I just forgot to include Franco Lumumba, he's a good guitarist as well

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eyop: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Yea, i have some videos of guitar transcriptions of Diblo Dabala, Pepe Kalle, and so many others, that's what am using to learn to play soukous! I just forgot to include Franco Lumumba, he's a good guitarist as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT81Uf_kBis
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eyop: 8:38am On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVgvLUo8a8
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by pascalmilan11(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Stephen osita osadebe. .. Emeka Morocco nwa mmaduka and osoemena nsugbe
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:41am On Aug 02, 2014
EbuGeneral: In the memory of Able Sir Warrior, Chief Osita Osadebe, Oliver De Coque... R.I.P ... My current best high life musician is Chijioke Mbanefo...''onye Mmacha'', Bright Chimezie, Morocco nwa Mmaduka... My best high life music album is Osadebe in Atlanta(Chukwuma)

Your head dey there ;I like what I'm hearing from Chijioke Mbanefo but he has a long way to go.
But seriously, I don't think you have heard most of Osili's song because if you do you will trash that track,"chukwuma". Explore Osili music More and you will be blown away.
In my opinion, Osili is the most prolific highlife musician ever.
The man is a musical god.
He even said" Orimili kam si eje ,nmuo nmili zilum egwu"
Ezeafulukwe na Omenyi na Atani.
Gotta love him.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by EbuGeneral(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Your head dey there ;I like what I'm hearing from Chijioke Mbanefo but he has a long way to go.
But seriously, I don't think you have heard most of Osili's song because if you do you will trash that track,"chukwuma". Explore Osili music More and you will be blown away.
Gotta love him.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by EbuGeneral(m): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Gotta love him.

hmmm.. I mean my current Best high life musician is Chijioke Mbanefo.. Osadebe is dead... I love his songs, and especially Chukwuma... I must not like what u like.. Period... Pls i 4got Pericomo ''Ogba aghara 1990''
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2014
Makazona, with some of the names you listed, you have don't have much knowledge of what highlife is.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Onyiibazz: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2014
CHIM0Z: Biko, is FLAVOUR not a highlife musician? Nobody is mentioning him.
Flavour is not and can never be a highlife musician. Highlife musicians compose their songs.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by dytbabe: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2014
Apala ni baba
Eye ma shagidi

Gimme the apala masters anyday anytime
Yusuf olatunji
Ayinla omowura
Musiliu Haruna ishola

Jamming SOYOYO right away
Nodding head and shaking body
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:57am On Aug 02, 2014
Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey and I. K. Dairo are juju musicians, not highlife. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister is a fuji musician.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:01am On Aug 02, 2014
dytbabe: Apala ni baba
Eye ma shagidi

Gimme the apala masters anyday anytime
Yusuf olatunji
Ayinla omowura
Musiliu Haruna ishola

Jamming SOYOYO right away
Nodding head and shaking body
Ayinla Omowura and Haruna Ishola are apala musicians. In apala no electronic instrument is used just percussions and, sometimes agidigbo. The type played by Yusuf Olatunji is, in addition, made up of the same drums used by muslems during Ramadan.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by dytbabe: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Ayinla Omowura and Haruna Ishola are apala musicians. In apala no electronic instrument is used just percussions and, sometimes agidigbo. The type played by Yusuf Olatunji is, in addition, made up of the same drums used by muslems during Ramadan.

Ehn
So what are u sayin?
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by tonaydo(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2014
MUCH RESPECT TO MORROCO AND OSITA OSADEBE........morroco music inspires me and make me think straight while osadebe music calms me down.......i really love highlife, my friends fink that's stupid but to me highlife is part of me.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by ICHINONYE(m): 9:30am On Aug 02, 2014
Oliver De Coque n Osita Osadebe re my favorite infact 4me its no dull moment wit dem.
Try listen to Oliver Leave n let's leave, I feel dat shud b develop in2 a political theory , High life s my life, am young n not maried but pple ask me y I love highlife (my answer s) Am off d Old.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by LyfeJennings(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Am not too knowledgeable in classifying music but i must tell you that your flavour doesnt come anywhere near highlife. Check up the original meaning of highlife maybe google would help, but it was originally a type of music played for the elites of the society associated with high living standards hence the name high life!

Flavour is one of the best hi life musician of modern times. He combines everything tho

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Check your mentions of yesterday. I sent you a message.
Good morning

OdenigboAroli:

Nne,Ozoemena's music belongs to the Ekpili genre.
Never heard from you again.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Onyiibazz: 9:52am On Aug 02, 2014
LyfeJennings:

Flavour is one of the best hi life musician of modern times. He combines everything tho

It's unarguable that you must have a problem of comprehension or that you dont understand simple english or that you're still a teenager who wasn't born in the era of highlife, otherwise you wouldn't even think of naming flavour, anyways i would still advice you to google what highlife in the original sense of it meant so that you stop classifying evry song that has a touch of local beats and percussions as hi-life!
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2014
peppyluv02: Check your mentions of yesterday. I sent you a message.
Good morning

Good morning to you. I will do that.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Bryan12(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2014
Highlife music is mostly played by bus drivers......
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Lanceslot(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2014
isaco: I like dis thread! Anyway, let's tell oursef d truth, if all dis artists all listed here play highlife, that means all Nigeria artists r all highlife artists except few. As a juju/highlife artist my self, n as a yoruba man, ther r hundreds styles of music in yoruba land not to talk of igbo, hausa, edo, benue settings etc. Even amidst hiphop artist today, their style differs. Yoruba has fuji, juju, pour highlife, waka, juju gospel, were, apala, awurebe, dadakuada etc, I nid someone frm other tribe to list ther style of music for 4 more idea. Thanks Ops.
Igbo has pour highlife, ekpiri (invented by morocco), Ogene, Pericome style.etc
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by LyfeJennings(m): 9:58am On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

It's unarguable that you must have a problem of comprehension or that you dont understand simple english or that you're still a teenager who wasn't born in the era of highlife, otherwise you wouldn't even think of naming flavour, anyways i would still advice you to google what highlife in the original sense of it meant so that you stop classifying evry song that has a touch of local beats and percussions as hi-life!

I dont wanna be rude to U. Just stay off me. U dig? And dont lemme start trading words with U.. Mtschewwww
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Lanceslot(m): 10:01am On Aug 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I actually don't see anything tribalist about what he wrote.
Everybody have their own style and genre.
In Igboland we have Ekpili, Ogene, highlife, Ekwe,Ayaka, Igba and Udu for women folks.
We also have Egedege invented by Theresa Onuora.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eyop: 10:02am On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

cheesy grin some people are really funny. Flavour classified as highlife musician Joke of the 21st century

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gospel Songs That Are Easy Enough For A Choir To Learn In One Day! / The Word SHOKI Its Meaning / American Military Officers Perform Ayra Starr’s Rush (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.