Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. (53450 Views)

Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport / Nigeria E-passport------a Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
they didn't issue me a 64 page epassport as i thought.I paid 25500 inclusive of thr passport jacket and got it in 2 hours with the help of a friends contact

1 Like

Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Cul4real(m): 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
tooltip:
they didn't issue me a 64 page epassport as i thought.I paid 25500 inclusive of thr passport jacket and got it in 2 hours with the help of a friends contact
why? Did they ask for 25500 for 64 pages passport and later issue 32 pages for 25500 or they have already told you that you can only get 32 pages for 25500?
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Sunny4Gold: 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
According to Comptroller General of NIS , a 64-page passport, will go for N20, 000, while applicants for 32-page passport but below the age of 18, will pay N8, 750 while those between 18 to 60 years will pay N15, 000. Applicants above 60 years applying for a 32-page passport will pay N8, 750.
Source: The City Reporters 30th July, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Sunny4Gold:
According to Comptroller General of NIS , a 64-page passport, will go for N20, 000, while applicants for 32-page passport but below the age of 18, will pay N8, 750 while those between 18 to 60 years will pay N15, 000. Applicants above 60 years applying for a 32-page passport will pay N8, 750.
Source: The City Reporters 30th July, 2014

i like that word...according
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by BldrTrish(f): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2015
Hello, gudmng all. What I don't seems to understand in dis country is cost uniformity. I went to passport office today for renewal I discovered different prices. I had mine done for 25k after so much deliberations, first timers too same price, even some people paid 37k . But why?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by pryd(m): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2015
BldrTrish:
Hello, gudmng all. What I don't seems to understand in dis country is cost uniformity. I went to passport office today for renewal I discovered different prices. I had mine done for 25k after so much deliberations, first timers too same price, even some people paid 37k . But why?

Hi
I think the reason is simple; corruption/failed system. I collected mine yesterday at the Ikoyi office. It cost me 25k, a friend paid 27k just last week. Naija!!
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by ayomidan: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
This is serious, I guess first timer are also gonna pay the same price (25k) for new international passport.. Besides what are the necessary document a novice gonna take along to acquire a new passport
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 06, 2015
We are the ones encouraging these corrupt practices in the country. These so called government officials take advantage of the fact that 95% of Nigerians are always in a hurry and desperate to get things done, that's why these schemes never seem to end.

The federal govt already announced its 15k for 32page epassport and 2k extra for address verification, totaling 17k. It can easily be done via our official immigration website "https://portal.immigration.gov.ng"

We should all cultivate the habit of going through the right sources and be patient in whatever we do.
Its normal that when you go through the right channel and take food out of the mouth of the so called government officials, they will be pissed and try to frustrate your effort; there are appropriate authorities to report such treatments and you can find all that on the official website of the Nigerian Immigration Service...

God Bless Nigeria!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by bevybay(f): 11:35am On Jul 19, 2015
how much does it cost to renew my ecowas international passport
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Keziehenry(m): 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
bumitek02:
no its only at abuja at rate of 50k upward
pls is it possible for me to do it for my bro who is not in nig
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2015
Please if someone should apply online ho long should delivery take?
xrende:
We are the ones encouraging these corrupt practices in the country. These so called government officials take advantage of the fact that 95% of Nigerians are always in a hurry and desperate to get things done, that's why these schemes never seem to end.

The federal govt already announced its 15k for 32page epassport and 2k extra for address verification, totaling 17k. It can easily be done via our official immigration website "https://portal.immigration.gov.ng"

We should all cultivate the habit of going through the right sources and be patient in whatever we do.
Its normal that when you go through the right channel and take food out of the mouth of the so called government officials, they will be pissed and try to frustrate your effort; there are appropriate authorities to report such treatments and you can find all that on the official website of the Nigerian Immigration Service...

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by dallydd: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
please my current passport will expire by 2018 but i want to change my surname and one other name to make it tally with my certificate .how is this possible and how much . please i will appreciate all ideas house
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by dallydd: 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
dallydd:
please my current passport will expire by 2018 but i want to change my surname and one other name to make it tally with my certificate .how is this possible and how much . please i will appreciate all ideas house
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Btruth: 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
dallydd:

I really think you need to get to Ikeja passport office to know that. Most likely that you will have an "OBSERVATION" stamped on your passport for the correction. It had happens to me before in the early 90s.
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by joephemzyz(m): 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
Please guys! Is the ikeja passport office still functional? Can I renew my passport there?
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by spicyhoney(f): 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
How much does Passport renewal cost now and do I have to go to Immigration office with my expired Passport? Also, is it possible to get my Passport printed out same day that I go for the renewal Please!
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by lasbon4God(f): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please how is it to renew another passport since mine will expire October?
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by virtual3xpert: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
joephemzyz:
Please guys! Is the ikeja passport office still functional? Can I renew my passport there?
Thanks.

Hello,
I'ld like to find out if you've had your passport renewed at NIS Ikeja and what the cost was.
Thanks
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by joephemzyz(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2016
virtual3xpert:

Hello,
I'ld like to find out if you've had your passport renewed at NIS Ikeja and what the cost was.
Thanks

No sir, i used their obalende office...
Cost about 35 thousand for express "..
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by virtual3xpert: 12:06am On Jul 17, 2016
joephemzyz:

No sir, i used their obalende office... Cost about 35 thousand for express "..
ok. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by eedrissoni: 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
gudday pls I requested for international passport since two weeks back and still yet I have not collected the document is there any problems relating to e passport these days in nigeria especially in osun state.
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Solatium(m): 10:38am On Dec 03, 2016
Tokyo50:
Why are you guys paying so much for a passport which is not respected in the world? They should give it free of charge since it cost a fortune to apply to go 98% of this planet, if the prophets grant you a visa, that is. It's really a shame, Africa's Giant treated so disrespectfully.

The best way to find out if its useful or worthless is to travel out of the country with it,then misplace it,...come back here and tell us what your experience is

1 Like

Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by bukunmi0173: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pls eedrissoni do you make your passport payment yourself or you paid at their office? because I have also apply online for a standard passport just to proceed to bank to make payment and have interview date. and my place of interview I filled in the form is Osogbo office.
virtual3xpert:

ok. Thanks.
Pls eedrissoni do you make your passport payment yourself or you paid at their office? because I have also apply online for a standard passport just to proceed to bank to make payment and have interview date. and my place of interview I filled in the form is Osogbo office.
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by tunddy(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
Good morning,please i need someone to advice me with this,i have an international passport but it has expired,my dad ask me to do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport because someone told him the cost of changing the surname on passport is like 150,000 naira......hope if i do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport hope It will work out and hope it will not affect all my certificate e.g my school certificate, in anyway
Re: Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. by Btruth: 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
tunddy:
Good morning,please i need someone to advice me with this,i have an international passport but it has expired,my dad ask me to do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport because someone told him the cost of changing the surname on passport is like 150,000 naira......hope if i do affidavit for change of surname and apply for a new passport hope It will work out and hope it will not affect all my certificate e.g my school certificate, in anyway
I think the best advice for you will be for you to go the passport office either in Obalende, Ikeja and Festac to find out from the men of NIS. Please be advised.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri / Young Female BRT Driver In Lagos, Her Smile Is Charming (photos) / US Senator Doug Larsen, Wife, Children Killed In Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.