Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom (38899 Views)

Boko Haram Planned To Attack Whole Country – Jonathan / Boko-Haram Threatens To Kill Lt.Col Musa JTF Spokesman / Unlicensed Preaching Law: Boko Haram threatens To Attack Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by etenyong(m): 4:53am On Aug 02, 2014
The Akwa Ibom State Government said it had
received text messages from the Boko Haram
terrorist group threatening to attack public places
in the state.

A statement issued on Friday evening by the state
Commissioner for Information and
Communications, Mr. Aniekan Umanah, said the
public places targeted include churches, markets
and schools, among others.

Umanah advised members of the public to be
security conscious and be extra-vigilant by
reporting suspicious movements to security
personnel for immediate action.

He assured residents of their safety, saying
government had directed security agencies to step
up surveillance to prevent likely attack on the state.
Umanah urged the residents to go about their
legitimate businesses as government was poised to
sustain the peace being enjoyed in the state.

The state government, however, frowned at the re-
emergence of activities of commercial motorcyclists
in Uyo metropolis despite the existing ban on their
operations.
www.punchng.com/politics/boko-haram-threatens-to-attack-aibom/
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 02, 2014
They received text messages? Did they confirm it was genuinely from BH or are they causing unnecessary panic?

41 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by etenyong(m): 4:58am On Aug 02, 2014
I cast and bind boko haram away from my beloved state in Jesus Name. Amen. O Lord let all d evil plans against my state and d nation be scattered by force.

111 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 02, 2014
Lemme wait nd see if... grin

Wow!!! I made FRONT PAGE!!! cheesy
That's what I was waiting for grin

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Descartes: 5:53am On Aug 02, 2014
"Umanah advised members of the public to be
security conscious and be extra-vigilant by
reporting suspicious movements to security
personnel for immediate action."
—Source
Very good measure. smiley
No need habouring a common enemy of the State as it is done in the North angry

16 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Descartes: 5:53am On Aug 02, 2014
Any attack on any of the States in the Eastern Region will be a nail in the coffin of this dubious Marriage angry

66 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes: grin grin
you fuc*ing sadist, you are happy because akwa ibom would get attacked, shey? Well bad news buddy, nothin's like that Is going to happen, you freaking psychopath

25 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by EasternLeopard: 6:00am On Aug 02, 2014
Ladystewie: They received text messages? Did they confirm it was genuinely from BH or are they causing unnecessary panic?

F O O L I S H COMMENT

Do you think the ND govs are unwise like Fashola who failed to warn the public

Spies and terrorists find it difficult to operate in an environment that is security conscious.

37 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Descartes: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2014
liberty300: you fuc*ing sadist, you are happy because akwa ibos would get attacked, shey? Well bad news buddy, nothin's like that Is going to happen, you freaking psychopath
It seems you did not understand what I wrote
Go back to that post and reread it wink
Thanks

38 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 02, 2014
Gaskiya na space I just book for now

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes:
It seems you did not understand what I wrote
Go back to that post and reread it wink
Thanks
shut it. U added just a smiley face and when I called you out,you decided to change it...quotes don't lie bruh

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Descartes: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2014
liberty300: shut it. U added just a smiley face and when I called you out,you decided to change it...quotes don't lie bruh
Ok.
Am sorry. That was a mistake from me. cool

31 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by eaglechild: 6:37am On Aug 02, 2014
liberty300: shut it. U added just a smiley face and when I called you out,you decided to change it...quotes don't lie bruh
He was booking space.
(I suppose)

36 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by SlyIg(f): 7:02am On Aug 02, 2014
Yak Abasi akan mmo ke Akwa Ibom o mbok!

35 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by lyntiffany(f): 7:04am On Aug 02, 2014
I trust Akpabio I know what he can do, he's done it before he will do it again. He doesn't take any shit from this people. Months back he packaged some Abokis down to the north, those ones who does not have tangible thing doing, because it's likely that they are the ones that causes mayhem in the society. So my dear Governor took them back. The ones I know that are left behind are the mallams that owns a very big shop and those that sells food items. But all this abokis that stays in the bush at night and turns cobbler's in the morning is a no no for us, cos they are the deadly ones.

36 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by amakufrancis(m): 7:29am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

F O O L I S H COMMENT

Do you think the ND govs are unwise like Fashola who failed to warn the public
u gat it right bro.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by maasoap(m): 7:55am On Aug 02, 2014
Well, the South South and East states government shouldn't be foolish enough to instigate their people into senseless killings of abokis living in their territory because everybody knows what consequences will look like. We were all alive when Igbo fake Boko Haram (syndicates of about five different groups) were sending texts to tertiary institutions in 2011 causing panics in all campuses. Why shouldn't this one be thoroughly investigated instead of adding to an already charged atmosphere?
Post amended.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by dridowu: 7:59am On Aug 02, 2014
I doubt if boko haram will give any notice before carrying out their evil act and if they do, i believe they are only shifting people attention to the particular point they want to attack

21 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by jayseehe(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2014
empty threat

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by BrAkingNews: 8:15am On Aug 02, 2014
h
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by kel4soft: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2014
They should stay clear of Ikot Abasi Oh. Utawa precisely.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by kevinhacker(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2014
THEY NO BORN THEM WELL!!!!!
BUHARI NO FIT TRY AM ooundecided

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Youngzedd(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2014
They no fit.

They shouldn't cross the beautiful city of Uyo.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by ceejay80s(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2014
i no be calabar but dem no born boko haram well, boko haram no even know say dem no be news again, na EBOLA be news wey dey reign now

28 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Pavore9: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2014
Hian!....abeg when did Boko Haram add bulk sms in their operation manual? Sha it is wiser to be cautious.

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by korel9: 8:18am On Aug 02, 2014
See people ranting anyhow over what they know nothing about undecided
If the state government actually got the warning, and are sure it's not a scam, they should do EVERYTHING possible to nip it in the bud.
This is what the rams want, divert attention/ expand areas of attack and instil more fear just to show they are in charge.
But one thing I know for sure,
THEIR DAYS ON EARTH ARE LIMITED!!!
(Like they care sef )

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Ajibel(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2014
So they cant trace msgs

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by mencade5(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2014
i doubt it!

Allah's boys cannot go beyond their territory. North is their zone. Anything apart from that nigeria will be in trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by technophile(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2014
They did not born them well, but wait a sec, when did boko haram start sending message before they attack? I smell rat!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by austentero: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2014
May God help us. (First time 2 hit front page)
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by merit12(f): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2014
I was here

Coming back
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom by Donkaz(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2014
Mhmm naija!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Holds Father Hostage, Releases Him After 30 Minutes / Biafra: Dutch Lawyers File Complaint Against Buhari At The Hague - Reuters / Governor Wike Reacts To The Killing Of "Arrested Disarmed" Robbers By SARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.