Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards (11533 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2008
i wasn't wrong for picking d'banj as my favourite but i was extremely wrong not thinking the way of abolore akande alapomeji,he is original and he deserve this award,congrat bros,this is just the beginning of good things in ur career.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tonyet1(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2008
CONGRATS to 9ive baba,
but then pls can anyone here tell me the CRITERIA for winning the award, because to me i feel that singing some 1 or 2 good hits aint enough to bag almost everything that there'be on the MUSIC industry, do they check pass successes, or simply becos someone's got a high fan base so they should win everything, from ABASSADOR FOR YOUTH, MANDELA AWARD, AFRICAN HIP HOP AWARD, MOBO AWARDS jus one guy for singing gongo so, street credibility,, and bla bla bla, wer are the videos not 1 video, wer are the prospect for future successes,

maybe now i know why the WESTERN geeks can never put us into their spotlight, we celebrate successes too quick and forget the future
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by fyneguy: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2008
lol

see oyinbo dey sing gongoaso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVFPGXVte4Y
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by carmelily: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2008
tonye-t:

CONGRATS to 9ive baba,
but then please can anyone here tell me the CRITERIA for winning the award, because to me i feel that singing some 1 or 2 good hits aint enough to bag almost everything that there'be on the MUSIC industry, do they check pass successes, or simply because someone's got a high fan base so they should win everything, from ABASSADOR FOR YOUTH, MANDELA AWARD, AFRICAN HIP HOP AWARD, MOBO AWARDS jus one guy for singing gongo so, street credibility,, and bla bla bla, wer are the videos not 1 video, wer are the prospect for future successes,

maybe now i know why the WESTERN geeks can never put us into their spotlight, we celebrate successes too quick and forget the future

At last, someone's talking. most of 9ce's and Asa's fans are Yorubas. understandably lol.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by amazin1(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2008
carmelily:

Asa and 9ce. LOL. so fake. 9ce even better small.

how can you write such a thing? do you know what music is, talkless of singing it. if you have ever tried making good music then you would appreciate every little piece of music you hear and definitely love 9ice and my idol- ASA
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tonyet1(m): 11:52am On Oct 17, 2008
carmelily:

@carmelily,

in my hood we call people like you JEALOUSY
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Gifo(m): 11:54am On Oct 17, 2008
@Amazin:
I was amazed at Carmelily's comments myself. To call Asa fake as well 9ICE; well she's entitled to her opinion but I wonder if she may have some success/quality-of-others  phobia .

LOL
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by carmelily: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2008
amazin?:

if you have ever tried making good music then you would appreciate every little piece of music you hear
This is the problem with nigeria.

@tonye-t

I even thought you were making sense in your last post sef. didn't know you were celebrating mediocrity with the pack. Every man to his own, sha.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by carmelily: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2008
Gifo:

@Amazin:
I was amazed at Carmelily's comments myself. To call Asa fake as well 9ICE; well she's entitled to her opinion but I wonder if she may have some success/quality-of-others phobia .

LOL

Go and listen to Blu Cantrell, Nelly Furtado and Norah Jones then you may have an idea of what to really think of ASA. Like i said, 9ce is better, even if substandard. At least, he's more original. I've never wanted to be a musician and i'm successful in my own field so why would i hate their success? i'm happy for them but i call a spade a spade.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tgirl4real(f): 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2008
carmelily:

What's fake about it undecided
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by cruworld(m): 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2008
carmelily:

so na your Papa sabi sing past them, Get a life.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by carmelily: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2008
cruworld:

so na your Papa sabi sing past them, Get a life.

LOL LOL LOL grin grin grin

i already have a life of independent reasoning. YOU really need to get a life of your own away from the herd cheesy
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2008
tonye-t:

CONGRATS to 9ive baba,
but then please can anyone here tell me the CRITERIA for winning the award, because to me i feel that singing some 1 or 2 good hits aint enough to bag almost everything that there'be on the MUSIC industry, do they check pass successes, or simply because someone's got a high fan base so they should win everything, from ABASSADOR FOR YOUTH, MANDELA AWARD, AFRICAN HIP HOP AWARD, MOBO AWARDS jus one guy for singing gongo so, street credibility,, and bla bla bla, wer are the videos not 1 video, wer are the prospect for future successes,

be specific with your argument,the award can go to any one of d'banj,asa or faze but not p square if that is your hidden mindset,cos i can see you are refering to videos,if you dont know this is MOBO award, music for black origin,not a video music award,psquare won two awards at the last channel-o award which is understanable cos they are excellent in video production but musically they will be considered  if those who are original are no more.look at the previous winners,youssour n'dour,2face idibia,batman samini and now 9ice,they are all naturally talented musician not fake artist that's livin in another person's shadow.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Bobbyb(m): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2008
Big-ups 9ice, but d only problem now is 2 reduce d yoruba lyrics, it's becoming too much.if u want 2 win smtin bigger.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by fyneguy: 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2008
lol bobbyb

so 9ice should drop his yoruba lyrics that cast the niche for him?

why dont u say whats on ur mind==u wish he were a yoruba guy

nonsense!
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tonyet1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2008
eleshin:

be specific with your argument,the award can go to any one of d'banj,asa or faze but not p square if that is your hidden mindset,because i can see you are refering to videos,if you don't know this is MOBO award, music for black origin,not a video music award,psquare won two awards at the last channel-o award which is understanable because they are excellent in video production but musically they will be considered if those who are original are no more.look at the previous winners,youssour n'dour,2face idibia,batman samini and now 9ice,they are all naturally talented musician not fake artist that's livin in another person's shadow.

all u said there is funny,i know MOBO and all there stuffs pass you, look up there i CONGRATULATED HIM, and i never even thought of anyone like Psquare or the likes, i am expressing my own view, they should learn to look deeper than jus latest hits, if this guy fails to perform better next time ,na FAT FACES like you go criticise am, "people wey dine with Jesus na them deny am", people like you and your kinds

to me i feel one of the reasons they gave judge like this is simply becoz we seriuosly lacking large numbers of good artists in our country, so the award must always circle around the likes of --FAZE, D BANJ, TUFACE, PSQUARED, RUGGEDMAN and the likes,

well bet me next time dem one give , baba 9ice name go dey among again, just watch out, and maybe dem go still nominate am for gongo aso again or the bla bla bla them
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2008
mr MOBO,who in ur opinion shud be the winner?
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by carmelily: 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2008
eleshin:

look at the previous winners,youssour n'dour,2face idibia,batman samini and now 9ice,they are all naturally talented musician not fake artist that's livin in another person's shadow.

Thank you very much. You are quite right. That's why i said 9ce passes the originality test but sound quality is still substandard. Asa fails on every hand!
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tonyet1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2008
carmelily:

This is the problem with nigeria.

@tonye-t

I even thought you were making sense in your last post sef. didn't know you were celebrating mediocrity with the pack. Every man to his own, sha.

hey babe ekpele oh, dont think i will support you for saying RUBBISH
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tonyet1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2008
eleshin:

who in ur opinion should be the winner?

YOU OF COURSE FOR ASKING NONSENSE!
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by carmelily: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2008
@tonye-t

It is quite possible to pass your point across without being insulting. you insulted eleshin in all your replies and now you are on to me. Please don't go there. i didn't insult you.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tonyet1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2008
no my sister, am not insultive but constructive
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2008
tonye-t:

YOU OF COURSE FOR ASKING NONSENSE!
no need exchanging words with you,it has shown clearly thay you are not that mature to contribute on a public forum.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by favcom(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2008
@ tonye-t and carmelity wink wink wink
Let's keep the thread flowing, plssssssss
We should learn to appreciate our own
9ice is good, so is Asa and others cool cool cool
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by amazin1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2008
@ carmelily
if you wanna talk about GOOD MUSIC THAT MAKES SENSE, REPRESENTS NAIJA AND AT THE SAME TIME MATCHES STANDARDS with the rest of the world , i think it would be a total zero for you not no mention a musician like Asa. when you talk about being musically fit, i think ASA has a 99.99999% of that. talking about 9ice, he has used the wyclef jean's style that we all fell for and re-modelled it for us and i think i love that enough. but if you wanna talk about being original and think asa in not, then think again, u are really missing.
besides do you know what soul and r n b is? i dont think so. you talk about foriegn artists, like the oyinbos dont appreciate our music too. go check out france and see hown asa's music is driving them crazy. go to myspace and see how many non- nogerian fans BANKY-W has. gurl think b4 u type, abeg.

and for all ASA lovers out there, you can never be more correct about a good musician,
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by carmelily: 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2008
Like i said, every man to his own. i have not told anybody not to like them. 9ce is ok and i have his album. Gongo aso has been my ringtone for 7 months now. but we have to be honest and straightforward. Asa isn't original and 9ce needs to improve sound quality. Too noisy.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by ajaabi(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2008
Whenever I read thro a thread like this and see how commentators throw banters at one another, I wonder who the real personalities behind the ID are. Sometimes, we make issues personal.
The award, MOBO, Music of Black Origin, is quite a broad one. Issue should be how do we continously make Nigeria relevant among the black nations. It is not about haters. Nobody, I would guess, outrightly hates 9ice. We are happy for him. Just as we would have been if the winner had been P Square, Asa or D'Banj. Aint they all our kinsmen?
But, the big question, is can the streak continue? Black nations are more that the whole of the continent put together. So, some constructive criticism should not be out of place.
Let's be more realistic when expressing opinions for these guys to take from. No banters.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by longetosin: 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2008
carmelily:

Like i said, every man to his own. i have not told anybody not to like them. 9ce is ok and i have his album. Gongo aso has been my ringtone for 7 months now. but we have to be honest and straightforward. Asa isn't original and 9ce needs to improve sound quality. Too noisy.

asa isnt original
9ice is noisy and bla bla!!!!!!!

i think ure confused
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Tonyet1(m): 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2008
@ajaabi

am so happy that at least someone really undersatnds where am driving at, its simply all about constructive critism
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by meexteriox(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2008
9ice to me is one dude that has taken the music scene in Naija to another level.
His lyrics and style is something music lovers can't easily ignore. His language choice
and accompanying beats gets to you, before you know it, you are on your feet or shaking your
head.

His full album rocks - check his fans WALAHI AYA RE AJA (I swear, you'll be scared), no be lie, hear am, no be lie,

9ice da bomb, enuff respect to ASA, D'BANJ and P-SQUARE.
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by amazin1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2008
carmelily:

Asa isn't original
i dont think i wanna argue but i d  like you to define what originality is. and after your definition back it up with nigerian examples. if you are really familiar with music, then id like you to assess fela aniulapo and say if he's origihal or not. he went abroad to study jazz and remodeled it into afrobeat. Lagbaja has been an african idol for years cos of his originality that came from jazz and him being able to make good use of it in the african style. asa is directly in these people's footsteps.

pls id like you to back up your argument with facts, i could go on and on giving you proofs of wht i mean. but i need you to tell me what you really mean by your LACK OF ORIGINALITY BY ASA statement
Re: 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards by Dend(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2008
So what, he got it he got it, I respect the guy die, and there's no need for hating !
There's even a guy at the corner close to where I stay, he sings just like him and he doing something like writting a reply for photocopy, watch out, he's comming soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fast Rising Afro Pop Star Tyler Vybe Drops "Simple" Video / DOWNLOAD: Kabex Ft. Diamond Jimma – Ilekun Ayo / Ice Prince - Aboki & More [prod. Chopstix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.