Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Reasons Why I Love Igbo's - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Reasons Why I Love Igbo's (6555 Views)

Yoruba Love Igbo More Than Igbo Love Yoruba / How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language? / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by BRAV0O(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2014
*Theres this spirit of greatness always at work in them, they don't just do things ordinarily I really admire that of their lifestyle ...

(Contd)

*IGBO'S speak one voice; talking from experience I have opportunity to live in some certain igbo's region to conclude on this.
I was so inspired the way this people conduct themselves
If I say igbo's speak one language I mean they live in unity not under different set of rules.

*with this strong reasons I love igbo's more, (my dad happen to be one of nigeria army that fought the biafra war, there's not any time he remembered the war story he always point out one or two good reasons biafra would have be best country ever assume they succeed)

*average igbo folks don't think poor! (I love that, I so much love people of that nature)

*igbo women will never give you child or portrait herself as your wife outside wedlock; I see this reasons for making life of our young men out there better, for those that understand, it rare to find igbo women to be using pregnancy tactics to hook a man down , I like that too

*igbos are the only set of people in nigeria today that still have the fear of God (Almighty God) ; Igbos believe in God and the fear of God is always in their heart , (feel free to ask me why)

*pls stay tune, I'm still to come*

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks bro
Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by PriceOfGarri(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2014
Ghen ghen gringrin e don dey sele
Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by waternogetenemy: 10:53am On Aug 02, 2014
I love their sense of commitment to family and their strong family value.

17 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by efepro(m): 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sense of commitment,very industrious and creative (especially their women)..I'm glad to marry one

14 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by BRAV0O(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
efepro: Sense of commitment,very industrious and creative (especially their women)..I'm glad to marry one
you just nail it!

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
I beg to differ!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by arewafederation: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
The only thing I like about the Ibos is their ladies. They are the easiest to find everywhere and the cheapest to sleep with. wink

22 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by thewarrior72: 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
Igbos are in the class of they own, no doubt cool

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
arewafederation: The only thing I like about the Ibos is their ladies. They are the easiest to find everywhere and the cheapest to sleep with. wink
you don finish shyte for nylon?

35 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by arewafederation: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
ANAMBRA11: you don finish shyte for nylon?

Yea. I don give my Ibo girlfriend to throw it away.

16 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by arewafederation: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
Dozzybaba... Ke kwanu! cool

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Ahuitzotl: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
arewafederation:

Yea. I don give my Ibo girlfriend to throw it away.
Ijebu-igbo is not Ibo,demand the truth from your galfriend...

38 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Omimah: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
arewafederation: The only thing I like about the Ibos is their ladies. They are the easiest to find everywhere and the cheapest to sleep with. wink

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Omimah: 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
They are covetous.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by kaeto(m): 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
I wonder the horror and nightmare yorobers go through daily, waking up all the time to the reality that the igbos are far ahead of them in all ramifications of life except in witchcraft and palm oil consumption.

38 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by arewafederation: 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Ijebu-igbo is not Ibo,demand the truth from your galfriend...

Na correct Ibo girl. Don't get me wrong, I fancy Ibo ladies because they go to every extent to please you for crumbs.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Ahuitzotl: 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
arewafederation:

Na correct Ibo girl. Don't get me wrong, I fancy Ibo ladies because they go to every extent to please you for crumbs.

There is a strong yorobar notion that Ijebu people are too money conscious even getting into fetish and crumb means....You could be mistakin your Ijebu-igbo gal friend for an ibo girl...

18 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by GPA5: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Ijebu-igbo is not Ibo,demand the truth from your galfriend...

IT'S NOT IGBO AGAIN. I THOUGHT IT'S IGBO NO IBO

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Mogidi: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
@OP
Thanks for stating the obvious, I so like the Igbo people that most Nairalanders assume am Igbo.

I always believed the only people scared of Igbo people are the less industrious members of society. We need people with Japanese and Chinese mindset to move this nation forward not the parasitic sit-down-look tribes we have in this nation.

If you can't compete then you must fear Igbo people, they're very competitive and competition is a healthy trait to have.

23 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by BRAV0O(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
Mogidi: @OP
Thanks for stating the obvious, I so like the Igbo people that most Nairalanders assume am Igbo.

I always believed the only people scared of Igbo people are the less industrious members of society. We need people with Japanese and Chinese mindset to move this nation forward not the parasitic sit-down-look tribes we have in this nation.
I so much believe, there are some creative ideas of igbos that our govt. Keep denying and turning deaf hear to , which can make nigeria a better place or must have make nigeria a better place...

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by arewafederation: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ahuitzotl: There is a strong yorobar notion that Ijebu people are too money conscious even getting into fetish and crumb means....You could be mistakin your Ijebu-igbo gal friend for an ibo girl...

My friend, keep deceiving yourself and hoping...

Ibo girls are cool.cool

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nothing is as good as massaging an Ibo man....the head go swell like garri ijebu.

Carry on with the ego massage...that is the lifeblood..

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
kaeto: I wonder the horror and nightmare yorobers go through daily, waking up all the time to the reality that the igbos are far ahead of them in all ramifications of life except in witchcraft and palm oil consumption.
grin

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Rich4god(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Rich4god(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
kaeto: I wonder the horror and nightmare yorobers go through daily, waking up all the time to the reality that the igbos are far ahead of them in all ramifications of life except in witchcraft and palm oil consumption.
It hasnt gotten to this na... Why cant we all for ones keep aside our tribalistic view...
Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Dainfamous: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
[b] (IN IGBO TRADTION)

1.An igbo male must be circumcised on the 8th day.This has been so from memorial times. According to some historians nobody knows why.It has the authority of custom and is the binding proof of the igbo-Hebrew relationship.

2.The right of circumcision is universally practice among the igbos and rigidly regarded the igbos but nobody knows why.It has the authority and custom (OMENANA)

3.If there are forty million igbos,at least eighteen million are male.We can say confidentially that all are circumcised,and on the 8 day that would make the igbos the largest body of people who have persons circumcised on the 8 day,but besides all the igbo males that are circumcised on the 8 day millions of non igbo nigerians have began to circumcised their sons,in emulation of igbos...

HOW IGBO CHILD IS NAMED

1.Some scholars have said that the igbo child is named on the twenty eight day after it's birth some said is on the 9th day.Actually an igbo child may receive name on the very day he or she was born or any other date agreed with the family of the new born baby.As with ancient Isrealwhere naming of a child was a communal/kindred affair,so is with the igbos...

2.By tradition he should give the child a name(the one chosen by the father).The next person to provide a name for the child is the mother.The gran parents will also give the child names.Every person among those that gathered is also entitle to give the child a name.

3.After that the family elder will ask for quiet and start praying to chukwu (Great God).He begs Him to remember and consider the good deeds of the newborn's ancestors and use them to guide and protect the child through life.When he finish praying and praising pleading and supplicating ,he will seal the prayer by smacking the ofo on the ground and everybody will intone on the chorus Ihaaa or Isee (Amen).From that moment feasting and general merry making start and start showering gifts and present to the new born mother..Like in the Hebrew igbos may give a child name that connotes with an experience that they pass through for example Hanna called her son Samuel because she had asked him of the lord.Abraham and sarah named their son Issac because God use him to give them laughter and joy.

4.My Igbo name is (chibuike) which means God is my strength,people should do more studies about the igbos and who they really are...mainly none igbos[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by gratieao: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
Yoruba people are like.....
Over a small matter, you will hear Ondo woman complaining and abusing both the offender and the solicitor.
‘To ba ya nsin, awon were (mad people) ti o la’so gidi kan lori’ko (no single clothe on the hanger) won a tun ni mo n’sepe. Ewo nsin, eyan ti aye e ti ba’je, ko de gbe Ike mi lo si odo lai so fun mi teletele.
In Ibadan when young
guys are trying to show interest in a lady. You will hear a young

Ibadan guy:
Monsura, wan bi, aun pe were e (mad person) la’na, oun se bi eni pe o gbo, abi ko fe da fun o ni.

you want to try the ilorin ppl when they want to wake their children in the morning? it goes thus...
'Kabiru oloribu oloruniya o ni dide nle abi ile o ti mo ni? ki o ko oribu re bo si hin o'
Two friends who have not
seen 4 a while will say,
olori buruku ara e, so fe ku soun ni, d other will answer, omo iya aje walahi, mogbadun arami.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Goldman360: 9:21am On Aug 17, 2014
In Igbo worldview, truth is so valued that the axiom ‘ezi okwu bụ ndụ’, ‘truth is life’, has become commonplace. In this sense therefore, a liar is someone who negates the life principle which truth gives. For them, a man’s being is

http://www.scharticles.com/notion-truth-igbo-thought-life/

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2014
The only thing igbos arent good at is politicking.....

Even on election day they will fix a football match between Fegge vs Odoakpu while election is going on.

Igbos dont have strong political views because they dont believe in government.
An Hausa guy at meet at NYSC camp told me he was living in a low cost housing estate in Minna built by FG, LWTMB...i was telling him that if Nigeria government was building 50000 houses in 10years, Igbos are building such one year.
He showed me the bungalow laugh no gree me abeg,

there is no different from an Igbo village and Igbo cities, they are developing silmoutenously.

We dont know how to organise ourselves politicaly but every other things are not debatable we are ahead of everybody.
Goldman360: In Igbo worldview, truth is so valued that the axiom ‘ezi okwu bụ ndụ’, ‘truth is life’, has become commonplace. In this sense therefore, a liar is someone who negates the life principle which truth gives. For them, a man’s being is

http://www.scharticles.com/notion-truth-igbo-thought-life/

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Love Igbo's by tomakint: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2014
@Op, I have always been on this position about the Igbos for sometime now (being a Yoruba man from Ondo State) and I can tell you that you captured the true nature of the Igbo race imaginatively well.....they are just very interesting to be with. One thing I find repulsive about them is their nature (though not in all of them) to speak in their dialects whenever someone from another tribe is in their midst (though I am now getting used to it). They are more united than we (other tribes) thought.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? / Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? / Eye Odidere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.