Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,684 members, 7,801,967 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Choose Your Health Advisor Carefully - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Choose Your Health Advisor Carefully (415 Views)

Do This And All Your Health Worries Are Over... / You Think Everything About Weight Is Hard? Choose Your Hard! / Eating Habits That Is Dangerous To Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choose Your Health Advisor Carefully by tuslakoncept: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2014
I read this online about honey and I completely disagree with the writer:

SHS Resources
I have diabetes, and I'm wondering if I can substitute honey for sugar in my diet?

Answers from M. Regina Castro, M.D.
Generally, there's no advantage to substituting honey for sugar in a diabetes eating plan. Both honey and sugar will affect your blood sugar level.

Honey is sweeter than granulated sugar, so you might use a smaller amount of honey for sugar in some recipes. But honey actually has slightly more carbohydrates and more calories per teaspoon than does granulated sugar — so any calories and carbohydrates you save will be minimal.

If you prefer the taste of honey, go ahead and use it — but only in moderation. Be sure to count the carbohydrates in honey as part of your diabetes eating plan.

For me, Many doctors would recommend honey in place of sugar not for any reason but for detoxifying agent and its natural state.

Many of the western world don't have access to natural honey, they use burnt caramel(advance sugar) in place of honey

Wonder why their honey has expiry dates?Natural honey can last for a 100years no shaking.

Real, natural bee honey is sweet but has meager sugar content which is the micro(non-complex) sugar.

Don't compromise honey for sugar any day.
I have been selling raw honey for a while and a lot of my customers are diabetic, its been working for them oooooooo.

Dare, 07031315222, BB:2A4E4D29

(1) (Reply)

Are You Wishing Good Muscles / Ebola: Nigerian Nurse Dies, Seven Others Infected / Some Facts About Ebola (the Salt Solution Is Crap)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.