Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox (3023 Views)

How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by princedant: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2014
Guys pls help me out here. How reliable is Chevy Equinox 2005. I want to buy the car from the states.

Inspired, Phemmy and other egg heads in the auto field pls your candid advice will do. Thank you!!!

Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by princedant: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
Make una talk na.... smileyMake una talk na....
Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by Fulaman198(m): 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
Does any American brand build reliable cars?
Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by erico2k2(m): 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
princedant: Make una talk na.... smileyMake una talk na....
U can get but be advised buy a good hand held scanner with it plus have someone in USa who can buy and ship parts to you asap as the parts to these cars are not easy to forge hence they are not readily available in Niveria and when you do find genuine part the are very expenssive.I have a jeep liberty in Nigeria same family as what you are intending to get.
Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by Fulaman198(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
erico2k2:
U can get but be advised buy a good hand held scanner with it plus have someone in USa who can buy and ship parts to you asap as the parts to these cars are not easy to forge hence they are not readily available in Niveria and when you do find genuine part the are very expenssive.I have a jeep liberty in Nigeria same family as what you are intending to get.

Jeep is Chrysler

Chevy is GM (General Motors)
Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by erico2k2(m): 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
Fulaman198:

Jeep is Chrysler

Chevy is GM (General Motors)
yeh I know but we are talking bout the American cars.
Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2014

Parts not available, don't buy.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by gambus007(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
my broda,i have chevrolet optra,getting the part in abuja is a problem.dats for car o,not to talk about SUV.have bn looking for throttle control body since june uptil now notin yet.my advice is if u stay in lagos go to ladipo ask if the parts are available,if yes u r good to go.they are nice cars beta than toy......,nd co.i drove my own for 6 to 7momth without any single fault. dats for the chevrolet optra.they hardly develop fault if u dnt play with d wiring.before u buy any part u go drive am well.have bn seeing more of the SUV around abuja.get info abt the part first.parts should b in lagos.
Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by princedant: 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks for your input guys...The bottomline i guess is parts availability other than that, responses here show its a good ride...
Re: How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox by sultaan(m): 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
When people mention parts its confusing to many because service parts are everywhere if you know what you are looking for , most manufacturers use the same parts eg brakes oil filter tires, spark plugs air filter.

Anyone that tells you their american car has problem has either had a mechanic mess it up, or not serviced it for a long time and the part failed just like in any other brand.

There are things that should not be "worked" on any car like wiring, idle, temperature if it is not right fix it they are things that shows sign of failure.

Equinox is good if you are planning to drive it for a while you will pay a lot less than the RAV, CRV and attract less attention from robbers.

Better driven around town than long out of state just in case of breakdown

The down side is it has a lot of negative reviews from users and most complain about the service parts that can easily be replaced with better aftermarket parts and this is mainly brakes and rotors.When this car was made GM was going through a lot of financial issues with union and cuts were made to some car parts there will be more plastics on interior and cheaper brakes and rotors were used, if you buy better ones aftermarket problem fixed. Some other things like window and door plastics might break but the engine and transmission is good,They had a recall recently on ignition keys that were bad read the link posted and make a good decision

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/chevrolet/equinox/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tesla Model X SUV Spotted Driving On A Bad Road In Lagos / How much does a Key fob cost? Pls help. / Driving Automatic Vehicles With Both Legs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.