Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (48219 Views)

True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by memyself2(f): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2006
lol
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by adconline(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2006
@Damsal, [It's all you men's fault, the woman gets depressed and she sought out comfort food}

baby, Men should not always be blamed for everything that happens to women. Sometimes I think that men are considered as God who who created women as well as men. It comes with pregnancy not from men OK. Its not good to take to eating when we are depressed.

by the way, awesome pix.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by iice(f): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2006
mamaput:

I have 3 kids and am not fat but i was after i had them.
That i am what i am is just a mood of nature. Many of you have seen my pic somewere.
I do not work out ,i hate sports in all form and i eat what i like.
Not everywoman has the same body so one cannot compare,
A woman with a job , kids and a household when can she have time for workout.

Hiss hiss hiss.
Yes mamaput, u looking fine, wow 3 kids huh, And true not every woman's body is the same LOL
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by mamaput(f): 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2006
Yes the oldest is 17.
with my last child i had 80kg thats 160pounds. But i lost them it took like 3 years. But i just love my food.
Like i say its just a mood of nature . I have seen women oneday after having a baby you will not even know they had one., Not everyone is the same .
And a woman breastfeeding should also eat well .
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2006
This thread has been very interesting, captivating topic. And to believe that some guys actually take it for granted that a woman will go fat after marriage. I have told my fiancee, "The moment you start getting fat and are unwilling to do anything about it, Don't blame me for what happens next". As much as she owes me the effort to remain looking good (men, i like what i saw when i met u first!), i owe you her the effort of remaining caring, supportive and interesting.

Some men don't keep their side of the "what did you see in me whe you met me" bargain.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by mamaput(f): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2006
what happened to for better for worse.
Is it only about looks?
Granted everyone has to take care but sometimes somethings change.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babe1(f): 7:25am On Jul 24, 2006
Meeen, how low can u get? How can u marry someone for their figure and then have the nerve to consider cheating on em? We actually dont get fat , we gain baby fat and try and get pregnant and have a baby and see how fast u can lose that. All she needs from u is motivation instead of looking for some other chick dude. Love ppl for who they are instead of how lean they are.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babe1(f): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2006
I think a lot of ppl need love 101
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Mystique(f): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2006
Hope i dont get fat after marriage sad
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Ify007(f): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2006
I completely agree with Mamaput.  Not everyone has the same body.  I am married with 2 kids and I even worry that I'm not adding weight as I should.  My husband teases me by calling me "okpelenge", "agbani" and "slengo"  Well, my secret might be the fact that my office is on the 4th floor of a building and trust Nigeria, no lift.  Very good exercise though. Besides, I work 8am - 5pm then resume at home to work fulltime again as I have no house help. But it will be lovely to have a little more flesh (fat?) Clothes might fit better.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Johnnny(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2006
@Mystique
cheesy You can't know until you get married.
And to tell you the truth, from all contributions I've seen on this topic
It is good that u start immediately signs of obesity (fat & Oil) showing on your body
after given birth to your first child.

Don't be afraid, Your man may like u whichever way you look.

'Cos to me, it's not all about looks. It's about the person within and the love shared.

Bye for now cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dakmanzero(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2006
if ya bothered about ya wife gettn fat then u made a mistake marrying her

running after figure 8's is for unmarried men. If u cant outgrow that then dont marry. c'est finito. How will ure children grow up if they realise u are hating on mummy (their GOD ON EARTH) because she is fat?!

jebus kristos.

The African woman is a Mighty Matron. If she doesnt get fat after dropping engine then something-is-wrooooong. In fact, married women in positions of influence hardly get any respect when they aren't Motherly in outlook.

Abi if u were casting someone for the role of 'Big Madam' in a movie would you cast a slinky figure 8 in the role? cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Pastev1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2006
The only thing there is that, They feel comfortable, Relaxable, Pleasantly, especially when they are loadded by men's productivity called PREGNANT.

They will definately change from figure 8 to even 20, because she is normally feed with both uper and under meal.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babe1(f): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2006
coco dats becos they have millions and can afford any type of diet and trainer. how many africans can afford that?
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babe1(f): 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2006
coco dat was not for u mama, pele. i meant zebu
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babadee(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2006
na only God fit answer that question O!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Coco29(f): 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2006
babe1:

coco that was not for u mama, pele. i meant zebu

grin grin grin hehehe
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by viena(f): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2006
BECOS YOU MEN FILL THEM WITH YOUR MILK TOO MUCH, U WANT IT (SEX) 24 HOURS A DAY, WHAT DO YA ALL EXPECT
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by zebudaya(m): 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2006
babe1:

coco that is because they have millions and can afford any type of diet and trainer. how many africans can afford that?

Okay what about the woman in the Nigerian Village that is very trim only because she walks miles everyday, and then rides her bicycle to the farm, that's excercise.Then she grows old, and strong and disease free. Like i said to coco29 you don't need a personal trainer all you need is to run, run, and run some more. You are complaining yet you want your men to be big and have muscle. Do you know how hard it is to gain a pound of muscle. A pound of raw muscle not fat and still have abs?. When we gain fat it goes to our bellies and you hate it, so why should i accept your fat. Yet some of us have abs to show. On the other hand when you gain weight it goes to your hips and butt, at least men think it's sexy. skinny is sexy, sometimes thick is sexy too, but fat is a no no.

dakmanzero:

if ya bothered about ya wife gettn fat then u made a mistake marrying her

running after figure 8's is for unmarried men. If u can't outgrow that then don't marry. c'est finito. How will ure children grow up if they realise u are hating on mummy (their GOD ON EARTH) because she is fat?!

jebus kristos.

The African woman is a Mighty Matron. If she doesnt get fat after dropping engine then something-is-wrooooong. In fact, married women in positions of influence hardly get any respect when they aren't Motherly in outlook.

Abi if u were casting someone for the role of 'Big Madam' in a movie would you cast a slinky figure 8 in the role? cheesy

Keep supporting the Matrons in position of influence ideaology. I hope you know that being fat increases the risk of heart attacks, diabetes, messed up knees, name it. I want a healthy wife that would be around forever. i don't want her to die young all for having a matronly look. I want her to keep the killer a$$ and legs she had when I married her.

"Excess weight and physical inactivity together could account for about a third of all premature deaths, two-thirds of deaths from cardiovascular disease, and a fifth of deaths from cancer among non-smoking women, they estimate".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4120259.stm
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Coco29(f): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2006
@zebudaya

honey you worry me.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Brownsuga(f): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2006
You need to study the woman's anatomy and hormonal increase to know this.
Besides, not all women gain weight after giving birth,
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by ThisDumebi: 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2006
are all fat ladies around mothers?
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dakmanzero(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2006
Keep supporting the Matrons in position of influence ideaology. I hope you know that being fat increases the risk of heart attacks, diabetes, messed up knees, name it. I want a healthy wife that would be around forever. i don't want her to die young all for having a matronly look. I want her to keep the killer a$$ and legs she had when I married her.

@zebudaya

yeah im sure u do.

I also want a castle in the sky and an army of 1,000,000 virgins who magiocally know all there is to know about sex AND have no hymen to break despite never having done it before.

Accept it: your wife will NOT keep her figure after you marry her unless she nearly kills herself with obsession. If you fail to accept that you will cheat, either with another woman or the BOTTLE

sorry dude
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by zebudaya(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2006
I don't need her to keep her figure. I would still love her if she gains a little weight. Get it? a little. But she can't and won't gain 50-100 pounds and become 200 or 300 pounds that's impossible!. In fact i prefer she look like sharon stone she's 48 and still looks great.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by iice(f): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2006
Sharon Stone's one sexy mama
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babymine(f): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2006
Not all women
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2006
@ Babymine: Not all women but where are the exceptions? These women can't take mistakes and own up to what they seem unable to think or conquer. Tell them not to put on wig and they will skin you alive despite its irritation,labour, time andnot pouring natural water in the hair for months and years.Don't start to understand this specie of human but if my wife can't bend for me,we separate. I no send!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Jachoz(m): 8:54am On Jul 31, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

A woman potentially has three mouths ie one on the head and other two opposite to
each other down stairs.

So, when a woman is single she restricts her eating habit with one mouth or sometimes two.

Now, on getting married, she would cheefully open up the three whole
mouths to take in as much as she could without fear or favour and the reminants
would go to the husband who has just one mouth to compete with.

Many a time too, the husband would vomit through his snake and to the advantage of same woman, the little he has taken with this one mouth and remains eternally slime.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

God save us the men
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dakmanzero(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2006
jesus christ!

how raw!

are u a postmodern artist?!!?!?

that kind of talk can make people vomit!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Jachoz(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
@dakmanzero
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Please do not say I told you. Between two of us only. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nadine20(f): 5:53am On Aug 01, 2006
Just because a woman married at a size 2 doesn't mean she will remain a size 2 forever. Women have more fat on their bodies than men, so a woman can eat a piece of bread and gain a pound or two. Our bodies work in mysterious ways. Also, not all women want to be skinny. There are some women who like having some fat on their bodies. This question should have been, why do men and women get fat after marriage? Because it isn't just a one-sided view. Men get fat after marriage as well. Someone already pointed out that women get fat, because she has become comfortable and happy. She has already found her husband so she doesn't need to put in the effort to look thin. I think people in general get lazy about their bodies at some point in time, and that would include marriage as well. Some figure that their partners agreed to love them no matter what, and if that means even while they are fat then so be it.

But I think instead of men complaining about their wives weight, they should work out them. Get them motivated, not get them depressed because they think their wives are too fat. Go grocery shopping with them, get a membership at the gym together, and keep each other in high spirits to keep what they are doing up. Here in America, obesity is a real problem. Over here we like to tell people what is wrong with them until they go and change what we want them to. The biggest thing here is health. We are obsessed with having thing bodies, so that's what some of us strive for here. But like it takes motivation and dedication. Without out those two things, what you want someone to achieve or even yourself will be pratically impossible.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babe1(f): 6:20am On Aug 01, 2006
Nadine20:

Just because a woman married at a size 2 doesn't mean she will remain a size 2 forever. Women have more fat on their bodies than men, so a woman can eat a piece of bread and gain a pound or two. Our bodies work in mysterious ways. Also, not all women want to be skinny. There are some women who like having some fat on their bodies. This question should have been, why do men and women get fat after marriage? Because it isn't just a one-sided view. Men get fat after marriage as well. Someone already pointed out that women get fat, because she has become comfortable and happy. She has already found her husband so she doesn't need to put in the effort to look thin. I think people in general get lazy about their bodies at some point in time, and that would include marriage as well. Some figure that their partners agreed to love them no matter what, and if that means even while they are fat then so be it.

But I think instead of men complaining about their wives weight, they should work out them. Get them motivated, not get them depressed because they think their wives are too fat. Go grocery shopping with them, get a membership at the gym together, and keep each other in high spirits to keep what they are doing up. Here in America, obesity is a real problem. Over here we like to tell people what is wrong with them until they go and change what we want them to. The biggest thing here is health. We are obsessed with having thing bodies, so that's what some of us strive for here. But like it takes motivation and dedication. Without out those two things, what you want someone to achieve or even yourself will be pratically impossible.

Well said my fiend, cos i have an ex boyfriend that was skinny for yrs and he came to my wedding looking fat and i mean fat becos he is married now too, so what does one say to that. it goes both ways a lot of times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Dies 12 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court / Nigerian Girl Rocking Her Artificial Leg After An Accident - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.