Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. (6304 Views)

The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
It was Goshen360 that said "half truth is as good as speaking lies." i think i'm going to have to agree with him. When Gnoni posted on some other thread about tithes, i raised the flag on contorted lies and well crafted lies being on display. i sounded that as a general warning to the unsuspecting. But what followed was a plea/force for me to show the dangers/lies. Well, here we are. Of course some of what Gnoni posted are true, that's what makes it 'half truth' like Goshen said. Some truth and some lies, which i'm told is as good as speaking lies. Without further delay, i go to pointing out the lies i can see at first glance, and perhaps answer some questions YET AGAIN(which i've not being interested in answering recently because the same suspects keep asking the same things, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1. LIE NUMBER ONE

- Both Abram and Jacob did not tithe any more or after these first and second tithe incidents in the bible.

One has to be omniscient to say the above as a matter of fact or without a shadow of doubt. We need to say the truth accurately. 2+2=4, it is not 4.1 or 4.003, neither is it 22 or -4. IF we say IT IS NOT RECORDED in the Bible that Abram and Jacob tithed any more after these first and second tithe incidents in the bible, very fine, accurate and correct. But to deceive us and say "Both Abram and Jacob did not tithe any more", that is a lie, it is unconfirmed.
For instance, Abraham was recorded as offering a burnt offering just ONCE in the Bible i.e the time of Jehovah Jireh incident. It would be foolhardy of anyone to state that Abraham only offered burnt offering once in his life because it is only recorded once. Or to say that Paul did not have his bath since scripture does not record that he did. That is the line of reasoning and assumption employed here. Do i expect these same suspects to ignore the above and still go and repeat this lie another time? i hope not.

- Abram and Jacob's tithes were both voluntary tithes unlike the Israelites' tithe commanded by God which was obligatory
Here is Gnoni making a case for the possibility of voluntary tithes and he was applauded. Anytime a tithe giver makes such case, the same suspects come up with complaints asking how it is possible for tithes to be voluntary or simply refuse to see what we have said tying all tithe teaching and practice to compulsion. Hypocrites.

2. LIE NUMBER TWO
- God's original plan was that the firstborn son of each household of the Israelites will inherit the priest's office
(Refer to Exodus 13:2, Exodus 19:5-6 for details)
- That original plan changed and got switched to a hereditary priesthood via Aaron with his offspring (Refer to Exodus 28:1 for details)
and further replaced the original plan with the Levites (Refer to Numbers 3:12, 45 for details)
(note all priests were Levites but not all Levites were priests)
There was no further replacement after the firstborns. There was no original plan with the Levites REPLACED.
Num 3:9 And thou shalt give the Levites unto Aaron and to his sons: they are wholly given unto him out of the children of Israel.

Aaron and his sons(the Aaronic priesthood) got in the same time with the levites. In fact, the Bible refers to them as the LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD.

What is tithing (i.e. or a tithe)
- Fundamentally, tithing is 1/10th or a tenth of anything or something
- It could be monetary, it is a tenth of anything.
This is great and truth. Check out how lie 3 follows it closely.

3. LIE NUMBER THREE
- Tithing and biblical tithing are not synonymous (i.e. they are not necessarily the same)
- Biblical tithing is specific about and/or over what the 1/10th should on or a tenth should be over.
There is no such term as 'biblical tithing' or 'monetary tithing'. The Bible makes no such demarcations or segregations. This beautiful nonsense is a product of vain imaginations and theologists who hope to confuse the unsuspecting. From Genesis to the end of the Bible, tithe is tithe, simply a tenth, 1/10 of anything or something. Hebrews, Matthew and Luke simply speak of tithes as tithes or a tenth. They don't talk about some biblical tithe or what not.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
4. LIE NUMBER FOUR

BabaGnoni:

What of tithing in the bible, what is it? What according to scripture, is biblical tithing?
- Biblical tithing, as commanded to the Israelites by God and how specified in the bible is this:
• one tenth of the annual produce from the land
• It is of the one tenth of the annual produce of seed of the land or the fruit of the tree and the herd and the flock.

30One tenth of the produce of the land,
whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees,
belongs to the Lord and must be set apart to him as holy.….
32Count off every tenth animal from your herds and flocks and set them apart for the Lord as holy

- Leviticus 27:30, 32 NLT

• Biblical tithing is never a tenth part of one's annual financial/monetary income
- Biblical tithing commanded by God, only involves money when the tither is far from the storehouses in the Levitical cities
The term 'biblical tithing'is beautiful nonsense. Tithe is simply 1/10. The Bible says nothing about some biblical tithing. Please note how the definition given disqualifies Abraham's tithe as biblical. Imagine that, Abraham's tithe is not biblical tithe. These fellows are going to guilt trip you and say that what you give is not biblical tithe and therefore not acceptable

5. LIE NUMBER FIVE
Who tithed?
- All the Israelites tithed, priests however are exemptions (Note all priests are Levites, but not all Levites are priests)
- If one did not have these one did not tithe of them.
Notice how the BIBLICAL tithe facade is conveniently lifted. The casual reader is fed the understanding of WHO TITHED(as in general), not who tithed the so called BIBLICAL TITHE.

Num 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up a heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

ALL PRIESTS were levites, and the levites were to offer a tenth to God, giving it to the HIGH priest. If a teacher says every student should pay 200naira to the course rep or class captain, that does not automatically absolve the course rep of his own duty, does it?

- Did Israelites carpenters tithe? No, carpenters would not tithe
- What of a fisherman, would he tithe? No, fishermen don't herd nor have flock, so wouldn't tithe
- Did all the Israelites tithe? No, not every or all Israelites tithed
(e.g. the priests by exemptions and Jesus did not tithe; Jesus because of the nature of His occupation as a carpenter)

For once, i thought they would finally produce the Bible passage that said this. Unfortunately, they pulled it out of thin air or their imagination. Everybody knows that the Bible times were an agrarian society. Their main source of income was agric based dominated. One could easily be butchers, bakers, stone and brick masons, artificers of brass, lawyers, judges, soldiers, tentmakers, sellers of expensive cloths, etc and still tithe. We all know that scribes and pharisees tithed, Jesus Himself said so. The scribes are the intelligent, literate and educated class of society. Same thing with the high and ruling class pharisees. These people still tithed. So what excuse has the lower class. Potiphar for instance shows how a soldier can still have fields.
Gen 39:1 And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmaelites, which had brought him down thither.
Gen 39:4 And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
Gen 39:5 And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.

Potiphar had field even as an officer. The economy was agrarian even in Egypt. Famine crashed their economies faster than anything. Meat was what life was basically about for the average person. It is not rocket science, even in rural areas today, it can be observed. There are medical personnel, teachers, government workers etc that still do farming work. In those days, it was more pronounced, life was all about meat for them. Scriptures had to warn them that life was not to be all about meat(Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? ), in a similar sense today we are warned that life is not all about 'money'. That was their wealth, their blessing, their life, their treasure. Treasure is not just silver and diamonds. The rich fool(Luke12)'s treasure was his barns. Today, the average man's treasure and wealth has evidently changed. Its all about the 'money' as it were.
Luk 12:21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

There remains absolutely nothing wrong in paying tithes of what an individual or society is rich in. Both tithes and offerings, agric produce and non agric produce were found in the storehouse. It was never rejected. There is no God's unholy tithes anywhere. ALL the tithes are holy, from Genesis 1 till date. It is the temple/altar that sanctifies the gift, it is not antitithers that sanctify the gift or money. It is God.

- Abram or Jacob (i.e. Israel) too did not perform a biblical tithe,
as the tithing they carried out, was not the biblical tithe commanded by God nor given to a Levi.
There you have it. Abraham and Jacob's tithe was not biblical!! Does that even make any sense?

6. LIE NUMBER SIX
Is tithed given or paid?
- There is a difference between given and paid
(i.e. given as with transferring the possession of something and paid as with paid in money)
- One is the biblical way of tithing, the other is the WoF way of tithing.
- Tithe is given and not paid (i.e. biblical tithing is given and not paid with or paid in money)
- Tithe was not about money, so the issue of paying does not come into the picture
(i.e. paying in or with money goes against the law/ordinance/specification given by God)
- *** Remember to provide more examples on this (e.g. when far away from the Levitical cities etc etc)
- God's commanded biblical tithing instructs to give tithing to the Levites
(i.e. only members of the tribe of Levi are to receive the biblical tithes)

This is word jangling that the Bible advices us to avoid. The same action of tithing was referred to as both paid and give in the Bible. This has being explained to many here before.
1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Abraham's tithe which is said to be once is referred to as PAID and GIVEN.
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.

The tithes given at the temple is referred to as PAID or GIVEN.
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

7. LIE NUMBER SEVEN
Does Malachi 3 apply to believers?
- No, Malachi 3 doesn't apply to believers.
- Malachi 3 has to do with the Israelites, particularly the Levites
- Also whatever is in Malachi 3 is now irrelevant,
as the tithing thereof is an ordinance rendered null and void by what Jesus did at the Cross on Calvary
- Tithing along with circumcision, are stale and past their sell-by and use-by dates
- Tithing along with circumcision, no more have any spiritual potencies or connotations attached to them.
- Tithing along with circumcision, are now just a carnal and self-benefiting exercise lacking any sort of spiritual pay off whatsoever.
- Why? OK, let's start with reading self-explanatory Malachi 3:7 and then compare with self-explanatory Colossians 2:14, to know why

Even from the days of your fathers
ye are gone away from mine ORDINANCES,
and have not kept them.
Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

- Malachi 3:7 KJV

Blotting out the handwriting of ORDINANCES
that was against us, which was contrary to us,
and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross
;”
- Colossians 2:14 KJV
Tithing is not an ordinance written against you, it is for your own good.
1Pe 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
If i also pick this one scripture as you have done above out of context, then there is confusion and contradiction.

The Bible teaches otherwise. The Bible teaches that ALL SCRIPTURE is divinely inspired and profitable, and that WHATSOEVER things were written aforetime have something to teach us, they are SURELY, NO DOUBT, written for our sakes.
1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

8. LIE NUMBER EIGHT
Whom was tithed to?
- The Levites and priests (i.e. tithe was primarily given to the Levites and the priests)
- Note verse 28 below:

25The Lord said to Moses,
26“Speak to the Levites and say to them:
‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance,
you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord’s offering.
27Your offering will be reckoned to you as grain from the threshing floor or juice from the winepress.
28In this way you also will present an offering to the Lord from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites.
From these tithes you must give the Lord’s portion to Aaron the priest.
29You must present as the Lord’s portion the best and holiest part of everything given to you.’
30“Say to the Levites:
‘When you present the best part, it will be reckoned to you as the product of the threshing floor or the winepress.
31You and your households may eat the rest of it anywhere, for it is your wages for your work at the tent of meeting.
32By presenting the best part of it you will not be guilty in this matter;
then you will not defile the holy offerings of the Israelites, and you will not die.’
?”
- Numbers 18:25-32 NIV

Who were the Priests and Levites?
Why was tithe given?

Yet another half truth. There was no levite when Abraham and Jacob gave tithe or said to tithe. Tithe does not have to be given to levites only. By the way, we are not under the levitical priesthood but under Jesus, who is a priest after the order of Melchisedek. Melchisedek received tithes.
Abraham paid valid tithes before anything called Israel, and Melchisedek received tithes asides the Levites, the widows, the fatherless and the strangers. There is no scripture yet written that says that one has to live in the land of Israel to tithe, it is simply a figment of theologists' imaginations. There is a royal priesthood after the order of Melchisedec in place today BTW. Nothing stops them from receiving the tithe if Melchisedec did.

Num 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

The tithe was not just given randomly or by lotto. It was for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation. The question now is, IS THERE STILL SERVICE IN THE HOUSE OF GOD OR CHURCH TODAY? Because that is the PURPOSE for the tithe, that there may be meat in God's house. That purpose still exists and can be met using the same principle. That is as common sense as it gets. Tithes and offerings can be used to provide for the service of God's house, the church.
1Co 9:13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
1Co 9:14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

9. LIE NUMBER NINE
Where was tithe given and where was it stored?
- Since it is an annual exercise, it was given at the temple at Jerusalem but mostly at storehouses in designated Levitical cities
- the Levites and priests kept or stored some tithes in the Temple
however tithes mostly are stored in Levitical cities' storehouses for use as needed or for future use
- Storehouses in the Temple are rare,
the exception is in 2 Chronicles 31:11 when King Hezekiah gave orders to prepare storerooms in the temple to hold the tithe
- Storerooms are meant to keep tithes for the priests, whilst storehouses is for the Levites.

Also, we have drawn lots to decide who should bring the best of our coarse flour,
contributions, fruit from every tree, new wine, and olive oil to the priests, to the storerooms.
We will bring for the Levites one-tenth of the produce from our fields,
because the Levites are the ones who collect one-tenth of the produce from all our farm communities
- Nehemiah 10:37 GOD'S WORD® Translation

11 Hezekiah gave orders to prepare storerooms in the temple of the Lord, and this was done.
12 Then they faithfully brought in the contributions, tithes and dedicated gifts.
Konaniah, a Levite, was the overseer in charge of these things,
and his brother Shimei was next in rank
- 2 Chronicles 31:11-12 NIV

What is "storehouse tithing" and Malachi 3:10 about?
- "Storehouse tithing" is a 18th century to the present teaching invention to fleece believers
- "Storehouse tithing" is a tradition of man concocted in 1895, to revive the done away with abrogated age-long biblical tithing
- It is based on errors and lies for obtaining money by deception (i.e. obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception)
- The next three Mark 7:9 translations articulates very well the whole essence of "storehouse tithing"

Of course, the gullible is expected to assume that tithe definition ends in the warped biblical tithe definition earlier given by Gnoni. Tithes was given at the temple at Jerusalem but mostly at storehouses in designated Levitical cities, it is that simple and basic. All the twists added are unnecessary.
Neh 13:12 Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries.
Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
10. LIE NUMBER TEN

What was tithe given on?
- It was given solely and strictly on agro-based or agricultural produce, nothing else, as earlier mentioned
This lie assumes that Abraham's tithe was not biblical. But we do see instances where tithe was given of more than just agric produce in the Bible.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
(ASV) I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I get.

(BBE) Twice in the week I go without food; I give a tenth of all I have.

(CEV) I go without eating for two days a week, and I give you one tenth of all I earn."

(Darby) I fast twice in the week, I tithe everything I gain.
(GNB) I fast two days a week, and I give you one tenth of all my income.'

(ISV) I fast twice a week, and I give a tenth of my entire income.'

The word "all" used in the original is 'pas' and it means ALL,EVERY, ANY, WHOLE. The word "possess" is 'ktaomai' and it means GET, ACQUIRE, POSSESS, OBTAIN. So basically, the tithe here is given of ALL and ANY and EVERY thing GOTTEN, or OBTAINED.

Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Gen 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Evidently, there was nothing strange about giving tithes of ALL. Nobody made it strictly or solely agric produce except selective readers of the Bible.

11. LIE NUMBER ELEVEN
Why was tithing based on agricultural produce and not monetary income?
- God had a reason for specifying that tithing be done in this form or manner
*** Remember to mention the 3 major reasons with their verses
(e.g. guard against self made thinking fear of God, for the temple sacrifices, Levites and priests have no inheritances)
These three major reasons are unfounded assumptions. As at post date, Gnoni conveniently and ironically forgot to give verses. Whatever currency tithe is given in, it is an ingrained fact and teaching that it is God that gives power to get wealth. There is nothing seemingly humbling in tithing corn and rice that is not obtainable in tithing dollars. Even winning physical fights, the Israelites were taught that it was God that did it for them.
Deu 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
- Tithes were not for temple sacrifices. People brought offerings for temple sacrifices. Tithes was like salary for the levites, not expenditure for sacrifices.
Num 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, f[b]or their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation. [/b]
- Tithe was agric produce because the levites have no inheritance? What does that mean? The levites had access to offerings too and they had land and animals you know.
About MONETARY income bla bla. This is another high sounding phrase like 'biblical tithe'. It means nothing in the subject. Only added by theologists to confuse the undiscerning. The income of the Israelites could be anything from silver to food.
Tithe has always been of INCOME. Abraham tithed from his INCOME after the war. The Israelites tithed from their income at the harvest. Believers today are to tithe of their INCOME too. Jesus said this in His parable.
Luk 18:12 I fast two days a week, and I give you one tenth of all my income.' GoodNews.
Tithe is given as a HEAVE offering, that is in acknowledgement and appreciation that God has provided our income for us.
Num 18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as a heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Abraham recognised the Source of his income, God which delivered. The Israelites also HEAVED or LIFTED UP their tithes in recognition and appreciation of Jehovah their Provider. It is the same Spirit of faith which the believer manifests in offering the tithe today.
When folks say monetary income or monetary tithe, they want us all to assume that money ONLY means paper currency like naira and dollars. Money is simply a medium of exchange. It could be anything agreed on, though these days it is more readily paper currency. But in Bible days, anything agreed on was a medium of exchange(the definition of money). The word translated in most Bibles as 'money' is SILVER. The Hebrew word is 'keseph'and the greek is 'argurion'. The Bible uses money and silver interchangeably. The more common measure of wealth in Bible days was agric produce. Its like if you wanted to levy people today in Nigeria, you'd readily catch the audience when you talk in terms of naira than to talk about shillings and pounds or dollars and cents. Yes, dollars exist but rate of exchange here in Nigeria is more common and easier to the average fellow. In Bible days, the average fellows related well with harvest, oil, wheat, barns, animals etc They were an agrarian society, meaning that they cared more about agric produce than about silver or shekels. There measure of wealth was in cattle and camels and horses and bigger barns, unlike today when our wealth is averagely measured in paper currency. So, their tithing was set according to their strong point and effective economy. This is the reason why tithing was based on agricultural produce.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
12. LIE NUMBER TWELVE
Who was Malachi 3:8-10 referring to and/or talking about?

8“Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me!
“But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’
“You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.
9You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.
10Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple.
If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you.
I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in!
Try it! Put me to the test!

- Malachi 3:8-10 NLT

- Malachi 3:8-10 is one of those bogeyman verses, WoF uses to scare the living daylights out of anyone not tithing
and also to make such quake in the boots with fear feeling that something bad will happen for not tithing
- Malachi 3:8-10 was addressed to and talking about the Levites
- the "people" in the verse, was referring to the Levites,
- The verse has God complaining of being cheated or robbed by the Levites, (i.e. Malachi 3:9) even the whole lot of them.
i understand and i'm not happy that certain scriptural verses are abused and manipulated. But that is the case with so many teachings in scripture. The baby cannot be thrown away with the bathing water. Yes, some fellows threaten others with certain Bible verses and it should not be so. However, it is a lie to claim that Malachi is talking about or to Levites. The Book of Malachi is to ALL of Israel and it is very clear its easier to see that than miss it like Gnoni has done.
Mal 1:1 The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

Neh 13:12 Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries.
Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Mal 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightful land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Evidently, Malachi addresses the whole nation as the blessings are not just for Levites or priests. The opening of the windows is not just for levites, neither is the rebuke of destroyers. ALL NATIONS were to call THEM blessed. He was clearly talking to the SONS of Jacob, not just to Levi the son of Jacob. This is an example of why one needs cumulative understanding of scriptures. Perhaps, Gnoni and friends have one scripture that they think says that only levites bring tithe to the storehouse, but they obviously did not consider the two passages above. i do not know their source for their teaching that's why i say perhaps they have one scripture. i strongly suspect this theory was pulled out of thin air, though i hope at least there is a scripture or more that talks about the story Gnoni gave about the levites. There are usually two sides to a coin as it were.
Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Mal 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

Why have Gnoni and friends conveniently left out the whole passage so as to caress this theory of Malachi speaking to only Levites? Malachi is not originally divided into chapters and verses. The promise of John baptist, and of Jesus'coming and of rewards, is it to levites or to all? These are things they need to ponder on and stop deceiving themselves and unfortunately, others.

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Why does WoF ask for tithe?
Why do WoF receive tithes of money?
How does WoF teach tithing?:
Does WoF teach the biblical tithing?
Note that i do not care what WoF or you think about tithes. What i know and care about is the Word of God and what it teaches on a subject, in this case "tithes".

Teachings, doctrines and knowledge of Scriptures are to be taken CUMULATIVELY. That is, in its wholeness, totality, ALL Scriptures, EVERY Word. Doctrine is not to be formed from just one particular chapter or part of the Bible, but the bringing together of its teachings and references from the whole complete Bible. This is one sure way to maintain balance, proper context, right perspective and truth.
What the Bible teaches about tithes is an accumulation, especially from all the passages that refer to it. It is this same thing that is used to understand prayer for example.
There is an illustration made using Luke 11.2. (Luk 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.)
When ye pray, say,
If a person takes just Luke 11.2 and rigidly stands on it without considering prayer in its full context from ALL Scripture, EVERY Word. Such a person is likely to have a skewed understanding of prayer. He will keep repeating the Lord's prayer anytime he prays, and would quote this verse to support. It is the same thing on any subject. Our antitithe friends do this incomplete and rigid understanding with the tithe.
A rounded, complete, EVERY Word view about love, marriage, obedience, betrayal, and life would give proper understanding and context to such cases. One cannot build marriage teaching on just a passage or part(for instance Hosea), and neglect every other Scripture that give us the balanced view and context of what God expects.
It is dangerous to be rigid and dogmatic on just some portions of Scripture, the balanced cumulative view is necessary, to rightly divide the Word of God. Tithes can be given of ALL. People can bring ALL the tithes. There is no sin in giving tithes OF ALL that God gives an individual. It is that 'simple'.

13. LIE NUMBER THIRTEEN
What happened to the Temple, the storehouse(s), the Levites?
- Obviously if the Temple's gone, there wont be any storehouse(s)
- The Levites became redundant, same fate as the storehouse because the Temple was no more
- More importantly to note is that what Jesus and His blood did on the Cross
replaced what the Levites where doing yearly at the Temple.

What happened to the Temple priests?
- Same that happened to the Temple, the storehouse(s), the Levites.
- There are no more priests for a no more physical temple
We do know that where two, three or more are gathered, God is there. We do know that such assemblies are scripturally referred to as the house of God and the church. We do know that these gatherings have elders and that some early elders collected church contributions. It remains the same principle, whether it is the church in the wilderness, or the church in Jerusalem, or the ones here in Lagos. The samaritan woman had that much sense to believe

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshiped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Bring in the tithes, that there may be meat IN THE HOUSE OF GOD.

14. LIE NUMBER FOURTEEN
BabaGnoni:
What happens now, that tithing is no more?
It is true that tithing is no more
- It is hard to cheerfully give, if forced to do the giving.
tithing or 1/10th should never be in the frame any more
Gnoni here conveniently forgets to tell his unwary fans that there is something called voluntary tithes which anyone can practice. The average reader would only act on these decisive itchy words above, tithing is NO MORE. He will tell us tongue in cheek when cornered that there is still voluntary tithing BUT .... excuses of half truths do follow. If Isaiah 28:10 comes in handy for Gnoni who seems to detests the law, well Isaiah 8:20 should also come in handy.

Rom 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1Jo 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

The ought to life, these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

- We are in a time that tithing does not apply any more, no more, especially in this new order, way of doing things (i.e. Hebrews 9:10)
So one does not need to tithe then?
Well spotted. Of course, yes, one does not need to tithe.
In fact, one is not even allowed to tithe, not any more, period.
These double mouthed fellows One is not allowed to tithe anymore period. Later on, some antitithe fellow will say that all they are saying and being saying all the while is that tithing should be voluntary. Yet the suspects were all here liking and commending these things that Gnoni said.
i did not pick the rest of the stories as they were chiefly directed at WoF(whatever and whoever that is). They were mostly a rehash of what was said already anyways.
Some basic questions about the tithe, and the normal christian would go onward.
-Can one be a christian or saved and still tithe? YES, i'm saved and i tithe.
- Can one be sanctified and live a holy life and still tithe? YES.
-Is it a sin to tithe? NO.
-Is 10% of my salary a tenth? YES.
-Is a tenth of a thing a tithe? YES.

These are golden and simple enough for anyone in Christ to comprehend, without theological theatrics. Indeed, he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity, whether tithes or anything he gives.
2Co 1:12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by remsonik(f): 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
I pity all the people that will say malachi 3:8-10 was for the old testament and not tithe. Hell is real. Heaven is real!!!
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by BabaGnoni: 6:40am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel: .
Elantracey: hmmmmmmmmmm
remsonik: I pity all the people that will say malachi 3:8-10 was for the old testament and not tithe. Hell is real. Heaven is real!!!

THE TRUTH ABOUT "SUPPOSED LIES #1- #9"
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/9#25174498
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by shdemidemi(m): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
This much hogwash in one single thread!

This image sef cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by BabaGnoni: 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
shdemidemi: This much hogwash in one single thread!

This image sef cheesy

It is an unsuccessful attempt to make something unpleasant and ugly look more attractive

Have you ever tried to "dress up" something unappealing
in a vain attempt to make it look better?
- attempting to repackage a defunct, not any more commanded and obsolete tithing

We know the game:
You can clean up a pig,
put a ribbon on it's tail,
spray it with perfume,
sure, you'll have a beautiful pig
but it hasn't changed
as still it still is a pig

A hog with lipstick on, is still but a hog
Spin does not work in an age of internet and transparency,
it doesn't matter, everyone will soon find out all the truth about tithing anyway

3 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by DrummaBoy(m): 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
BabaGnoni:

chai...

chai...

... dia ris God o!!!

"she" looks like someone I know

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
shdemidemi: This much hogwash in one single thread!

This image sef cheesy

Me sef i fear oh, you can imagine all the lies i spotted at one glance. Can you spot more?

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by AlfaSelltzer: 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hmm... people who fight tithes have one thing in common... busy body on things others have decided to do. grin

Image, thank you jare

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wow! Image, great job wink

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by BabaGnoni: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
AlfaSelltzer:
Hmm... people who fight tithes have one thing in common... busy body on things others have decided to do. grin

Image, thank you jare

Alfa Seltzer:

Re: Thank You Satan:
This another hallucination in the head of xtians.
Everybody claiming things without proof.
Show me where I opened any thread claiming I'm a xtian
And don't come back with your "bible said this or that".
I need concrete proof
https://www.nairaland.com/1789129/thank-satan/1#24324039
^^^
It still hurts Alfa Seltzer, does it?

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Goshen360(m): 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
remsonik: I pity all the people that will say malachi 3:8-10 was for the old testament and not tithe. Hell is real. Heaven is real!!!

So we're going to hell for not tithing? Jesus and the Apostles must be in hell. When will all these falsehood stop?

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 7:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:

Me sef i fear oh, you can imagine all the lies i spotted at one glance. Can you spot more?

The only lies in this thread are the ones written by your manipulative self so stop playing the ostrich here.

3 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 7:24am On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs: Wow! Image, great job wink

Trust you to support your cohort even when it is obvious all he has written is full of lies and mis-information.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2014
PastorKun:

Trust you to support your cohort even when it is obvious all he has written is full of lies and mis-information.

grin

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by AlfaSelltzer: 8:19am On Aug 04, 2014
BabaGnoni... you should do well and avoid me.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by nora544: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2014

this new churches will try all that they can get money!

The followers are so brainwashed and it is hard to show that also some educatet Pastors with University degee will tell lies

Like a Pastor from trinity church lagos who told his followers that with prayer Ebola could be healed.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2014
nora544:

this new churches will try all that they can get money!

The followers are so brainwashed and it is hard to show that also some educatet Pastors with University degee will tell lies

Like a Pastor from trinity church lagos who told his followers that with prayer Ebola could be healed.

Was he lying? Can't prayer cure all diseases that has a name? Are u sure u are Christian? undecided

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by nora544: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

Was he lying? Can't prayer cure all diseases that has a name? Are u sure u are Christian? undecided

I am a christian and no one should play with ebola, and tell fake stories!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by trustman: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Gombs:

He does not need to put up a propaganda. Let him just go to where Ebola patients are and heal them - if he can.

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2014
nora544:

I am a christian and no one should play with ebola, and tell fake stories!!!!!

you dont know what Christianity is all about then! your above sentence in bold sums up your believing.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 9:10am On Aug 04, 2014
trustman:
The media He does not need to put up a propaganda.[s] Let him just go to where Ebola patients are and heal them - if he can.[/s]
fixed cool

i cancelled the above because it is like saying all barbers should go and meet all men with unkempt hair and beards and give them a cut. undecided

Did Jesus go to infirmaries to heal the sick in his day just to prove the Pharisees he is from God? angry

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2014
Goshen360:

So we're going to he'll for not tithing? Jesus and the Apostles must be in hell. When will all these falsehood stop?

You said it. cool
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:24am On Aug 04, 2014
Image123:

You did a good job spotting those half truths and lies. Is it not amazing that these anti tithers would rather attack your person instead of rebutting your points? undecided

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by kevoh(m): 9:28am On Aug 04, 2014
BabaGnoni:

It is an unsuccessful attempt to make something unpleasant and ugly look more attractive

Have you ever tried to "dress up" something unappealing
in a vain attempt to make it look better?
- attempting to repackage a defunct, not any more commanded and obsolete tithing

We know the game:
You can clean up a pig,
put a ribbon on it's tail,
spray it with perfume,
sure, you'll have a beautiful pig
but it hasn't changed
as still it still is a pig

A hog with lipstick on, is still but a hog
Spin does not work in an age of internet and transparency,
it doesn't matter, everyone will soon find out all the truth about tithing anyway
GBAM! Are you reading my mind? I could not have typed otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2014
This is what happens when you have been inoculated with the poison of a false Gospel and hence immune to the true Gospel.

Only God can deliver you from this WOF Tithe movement, it may require some humility though.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 9:35am On Aug 04, 2014
frosbel: This is what happens when you have been inoculated with the poison of a false Gospel and hence immune to the true Gospel.

Only God can deliver you from this WOF Tithe movement, it may require some humility though.

grin grin grin
JW's sha

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by BabaGnoni: 9:42am On Aug 04, 2014
AlfaSelltzer:
BabaGnoni... you should do well and avoid me.

Oh dear, I am quaking in the boots. Not.

Anyone who stumbles over me that stone will be broken to pieces,
and it will crush anyone it falls on.
"
- Matthew 21:44 NLT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Apostle Johnson Suleman An Evil Spiritualist Under A Mask,, Dont Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.