Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,490 members, 7,801,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. (6299 Views)

The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:
Stop being manipulative, your fellows insist that carpenters and co never gave tithes.

You mean carpenters never tithed carpentry income. If a carpenter tithe his farm produce, he will tithing as a farmer not as carpenter.

Image123:
They are yet to agree on the possibility that Jesus and the apostles may have paid tithes.

Do you have evidence?

Image123:
Please show me/the forum where the command says farm produce ONLY.

Read the reference below one more time. Do you see a command to tithe cash?

Leviticus 27:30-33 (NIV)
30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.’”

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:
Jesus is under the Melchisedek type priesthood.

If this is what you believe, no wahala.

Image123:
i wonder how you came up with the terms and conditions though.

simple. You said Jesus is under the Melchizedek type priesthood, so therefore he must collect tithe because priests under this type of priesthood collects tithe. abi no be so you talk? and we know priests under this type of priesthood don't use intermediary to collect tithe. If you don't know, melchizedek left his temple/palace to meet Abraham at the valley of shaveh to collect his tithe, he did not send anybody. This is how priest under this priesthood collects their tithe. So Jesus cannot use intermediary to collect his tithe o!

If you say an intermediary can collect tithe on behalf of Christ (a deviation from the standard under melchizedek type priesthood), your assertion that Jesus must collect tithe (because Melchi collected tithe) cannot be correct.

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by truthislight: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:
What is income?

Investopedia:
Money that an individual or business receives in exchange for providing a good or service or through investing capital.

Free dictionary:
The amount of money or its equivalent received during a period of time in exchange for labor or services, from the sale of goods or property, or as profit from financial investments.

Merriam webster:
a gain or recurrent benefit usually measured in money that derives from capital or labor

Oxford dictionaries:
Money received, especially on a regular basis, for work or through investments

You can add ya own smiley

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by truthislight: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

Jesus is under the Melchisedek type priesthood. He is present when you tithe, i wonder how you came up with the terms and conditions though.
Did i ever feign ignorance to the purposeS of the tithe? Those that tithe agree to, good to see you say that there is nothing wrong. A tenth is a tithe.

"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:" (Hebrews 7:5).

"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:8 ).

"Men that dies" no longer receive tithes now with the new high priest.

If you or your GO ever eat of tithes now, you are all will be answereable to the new high priest.

It does not matter whatever you claim.

"Men that dies" no longer receive tithes.

Simple!

The tithe of the OT was said to be given to God, but the bible said it was the livites that collected it, let it be that Your GO is not the one collecting tithe today and claims to collect it for God, like the Livite that collected for God, the Bible still refer to it that it is "Men that dies".

And men that dies only collect then/there/the livites Era. Hence, here/now, with christ as the new high priest, "men that dies" no longer receive tithes.

Be it for God like the livites or for themselves. Whichever way you look at it, "men that dies" no longer receive tithes.

Your cup of tea if you and your GO are not men that dies like the Livites..

You all are really "On Your Own". > OYO

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by truthislight: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
AlfaSelltzer: BabaGnoni... you should do well and avoid me.

Sharrap! Lol. grin

e dey pain you ? grin

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Gnoni, those sentences you put up do not address the lies you told, they are just diversionary tactics.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

Really? can you explain the bit in blue color...

30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees,
belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.’”

Oga, all tenths cannot be tithe na! the above cannot be correct. Tithe in the bible is always a tenth part of something or the tenth item. For Abraham it was war boot.y, for the Israelite it was farm produce.

Was Abraham's tithe God's tithe? A plain direct answer would greatly aid progress. You know the very context i refer to when i say there is nothing like God's tithe.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:31am On Aug 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

You mean carpenters never tithed carpentry income. If a carpenter tithe his farm produce, he will tithing as a farmer not as carpenter.

Do you have evidence?

Read the reference below one more time. Do you see a command to tithe cash?

30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.’”

i do not see ONLY, do you?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

If this is what you believe, no wahala.

simple. You said Jesus is under the Melchizedek type priesthood, so therefore he must collect tithe because priests under this type of priesthood collects tithe. abi no be so you talk? and we know priests under this type of priesthood don't use intermediary to collect tithe. If you don't know, melchizedek left his temple/palace to meet Abraham at the valley of shaveh to collect his tithe, he did not send anybody. This is how priest under this priesthood collects their tithe. So Jesus cannot use intermediary to collect his tithe o!

If you say an intermediary can collect tithe on behalf of Christ (a deviation from the standard under melchizedek type priesthood), your assertion that Jesus must collect tithe (because Melchi collected tithe) cannot be correct.

You are either lying or assuming a lot, i made no assertions. Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchisedek, it's what the Bible says. Was Jesus a king and a priest 'physically' like Melchisedek? Why must He collect them tithes 'physically'?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2014
truthislight: .
This one has misyarned again, i'm sure. A reputation for being quick to speak and slow to hear needs prayer.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

Investopedia:
Money that an individual or business receives in exchange for providing a good or service or through investing capital.

Free dictionary:
The amount of money or its equivalent received during a period of time in exchange for labor or services, from the sale of goods or property, or as profit from financial investments.

Merriam webster:
a gain or recurrent benefit usually measured in money that derives from capital or labor

Oxford dictionaries:
Money received, especially on a regular basis, for work or through investments

You can add ya own smiley

You are a dishonest fellow. Those dictionaries are online and accessible to all, why did you decide to pick and choose when those sites confirmed what i said about income? i'm on a phone and it's hard to type and properly articulate but i'll go ahead and still paste. INCOME IS SIMPLY YIELD OR INCREASE OR GAIN AND Abraham gave of his income, so did the Israelites.

freedictionary

in·come ( n k m )
n.
1. The amount of money or its equivalent
received during a period of time in exchange
for labor or services, from the sale of goods
or property, or as profit from financial
investments.
2. The act of coming in; entrance.
[Middle English, arrival, entrance , from incomen,
to come in, from Old English incuman : in, in;
see in 1 + cuman , to come; see come.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English
Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by
Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All
rights reserved.
income ( ˈɪnkʌm; ˈɪnkəm)
n
1. (Economics) the amount of monetary or
other returns, either earned or unearned,
accruing over a given period of time
2. (Commerce) receipts; revenue
3. an inflow or influx
[C13 (in the sense: arrival, entrance): from Old
English incumen a coming in]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and
Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991,
1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
in•come (ˈɪn kʌm)
n.
1. the monetary payment received for goods
or services, or from other sources, such as
rents or investments; revenue; receipts: an
annual income of $25,000.
2. a coming in; influx.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College
Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright
2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All
rights reserved.

it obviously shows that income is not limited to paper currency like you'd have us believe.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2014
Merriam Webster.

Main Entry: in·come
Pronunciation: \ˈin-ˌkəm also ˈin-
kəm or ˈiŋ-kəm\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : a coming in : ENTRANCE , INFLUX
<fluctuations in the nutrient income of
a body of water> 2 : a gain or
recurrent benefit usually measured in
money that derives from capital or
labor ; also : the amount of such gain
received in a period of time <has an
income of $30,000 a year>
© 2014 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:02am On Aug 06, 2014
From dictionary.com
income [ in-kuhm ]
noun
1. the monetary payment received for goods or
services, or from other sources, as rents or
investments.
2. something that comes in as an addition or
increase, especially by chance.
3. a coming in.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2014
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2014
oxford

income
Line breaks: in¦come
Pronunciation: /ˈɪnkʌm  /
Origin
Middle English (in the sense 'entrance, arrival',
now only Scots):
    

NOUN
Money received, especially on a regular basis,
for work or through investments:
‘he has a nice home and an adequate
income’
[MASS NOUN]: ‘figures showed an overall
increase in income this year’
MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCES
SYNONYMS
earnings , salary, pay, remuneration, wages ,
stipend , emolument; revenue , receipts,
takings , profits , gains, proceeds, turnover,
yield , dividend, incomings , money received;
means; North American take

Wikipedia

Income is the consumption and savings
opportunity gained by an entity within a
specified timeframe, which is generally
expressed in monetary terms.[1] However, for
households and individuals, "income is the
sum of all the wages, salaries, profits,
interests payments, rents and other forms of
earnings received... in a given period of
time." [2]
In the field of public economics , the term may
refer to the accumulation of both monetary and
non-monetary consumption ability, with the
former (monetary) being used as a proxy for
total income. [1]
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2014
truthislight:

"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:" (Hebrews 7:5).

"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:8 ).

"Men that dies" no longer receive tithes now with the new high priest.

If you or your GO ever eat of tithes now, you are all will be answereable to the new high priest.

It does not matter whatever you claim.

"Men that dies" no longer receive tithes.

Simple!

The tithe of the OT was said to be given to God, but the bible said it was the livites that collected it, let it be that Your GO is not the one collecting tithe today and claims to collect it for God, like the Livite that collected for God, the Bible still refer to it that it is "Men that dies".

And men that dies only collect then/there/the livites Era. Hence, here/now, with christ as the new high priest, "men that dies" no longer receive tithes.

Be it for God like the livites or for themselves. Whichever way you look at it, "men that dies" no longer receive tithes.

Your cup of tea if you and your GO are not men that dies like the Livites..

You all are really "On Your Own". > OYO

i had to make a quick dash to the throne of grace bro, you do zap grace.
To your post, compare what the verse you quoted says to what you say. Where did "no longer" jump out of?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2014
frosbel:

Good scripture, though like every other verse can be twisted and manipulated. Kindly explain further. Also add if you spend money or have a bank account, thanks. Ah, also, when last did you receive money?
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by PastorKun(m): 11:50am On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:

You are a dishonest fellow. Those dictionaries are online and accessible to all, why did you decide to pick and choose when those sites confirmed what i said about income? i'm on a phone and it's hard to type and properly articulate but i'll go ahead and still paste. INCOME IS SIMPLY YIELD OR INCREASE OR GAIN AND Abraham gave of his income, so did the Israelites.

Lolz can you imagine image123 of all people accusing someone of being dishonest The joke is on you bro tongue

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
^^
You are however worse than Zikky! how far that tithe tract thread na.... you should do more and execute the thing na, talk is cheap, so is nairalanding.. the real job is in the heart, and powered by the Holy Spirit. sadly, you lot don't know that.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by brainpulse: 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=Image123]

quote]

That is who they truly are just like Judas John 12:6.
Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:
Was Abraham's tithe God's tithe? A plain direct answer would greatly aid progress.

We know the bible did not say that a tithe of war boot.y belong to the Lord.

Image123:
You know the very context i refer to when i say there is nothing like God's tithe.

Maybe i don't. clarify please.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:
i do not see ONLY, do you?

The Leviticus command was directed at people whose source of livelihood goes beyond farming and cattle rearing to include fishing, hunting, wage earning (for the poor), selling e.t.c and God did not request for tithe of these other source of livelihood. The command was clear enough.

People looking to see if the word "only" was included in the command are people like your brother in Luke 18, (behaviour expected of a pharisee). We have a term for such behaviour, its called "over-sabi" a.k.a."ITK".

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:
You are either lying or assuming a lot, i made no assertions.

You will then have to explain the posts below....

Image123:
Tithe does not have to be given to levites only. By the way, we are not under the levitical priesthood but under Jesus, who is a priest after the order of Melchisedek. Melchisedek received tithes.

Image123:
There is a royal priesthood after the order of Melchisedec in place today BTW. Nothing stops them from receiving the tithe if Melchisedec did.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:
Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchisedek, it's what the Bible says. Was Jesus a king and a priest 'physically' like Melchisedek? Why must He collect them tithes 'physically'?

Honestly image123, i don't expect Jesus to collect tithe (physically or otherwise)! If you say Jesus must collect tithe, you have to explain how you arrived at such conclusion.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Blockus: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
remsonik: I pity all the people that will say malachi 3:8-10 was for the old testament and not tithe. Hell is real. Heaven is real!!!

Na you we dey pity pass. grin

You hold Malachi 14 tight, carry the whole of Deutronomy throway for dustbin. grin

Who una dey decieve?

The parts that involves Physical benefits to you and yours, its okay.. The Parts that involve sacrifices and worse, you discard. grin

God dey wait una for front of una grave with cane.

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:
You are a dishonest fellow.

image123 don't take ya frustrations out on me, biko.

Image123:
Those dictionaries are online and accessible to all, why did you decide to pick and choose

exactly! the reason i provided my source so readers can do further reading. If you were expecting me to scan the internet and post all available definition of income, am sorry i don't have the time for that. You asked for a definition of income and i gave you some. even concluded by saying "you can add ya own". indication that there's much more.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Goshen360(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:

He didn't answer, he couldn't answer, he can't answer.

I can't be going back and forth with you. You know what you're doing but let answer you for future reference, not because you deserved to be answered.

Zikky quoted what God said HIS tithe should be which he called or referred to as God's tithe. You came up with lies that there's nothing like God's tithe, asking me if what you pay to God today is God's tithe or not. Then I said, you should ask\answer yourself because you should show where God demanded HIS tithe from money aside what Zikky quoted. This is as simple as ABC but I tried avoiding talking to you these days because I have found out you are deep in twisting God's word to what it explicitly says. You're bastardizing and panel-beating the word of God.

4 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Zikkyy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
Image123:
INCOME IS SIMPLY YIELD OR INCREASE OR GAIN

I have two concerns here...

1. Have gone through the definitions you provided and am not able to find one that supports your comment above. Maybe you can help isolate the definition of income that support the above.

2. i don't see anything in your post that defines farm produce or Abrahams war boot.y as income.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Goshen360:

Go back to basics, I wasn't talking to the OP in the first place. I quoted who I was talking to. wink

Now that you have finished talking to the person you quoted can you now address the OP?

1 Like

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Gombs(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Now that you have finished talking to the person you quoted can you now address the OP?

grin
Oya Godwin

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. by Image123(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can I Locate A Spiritualist In Nigeria To Seek For Spiritual Help? / Apostle Johnson Suleman An Evil Spiritualist Under A Mask,, Dont Be Deceived / Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.