Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

How Would You Define A Church??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Would You Define A Church??? (636 Views)

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / How Do You Define Born-again Christian Fashion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Define A Church??? by spanzed(m): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2014
After 2days service I was possed with dis question?? I thought of no better place dan NL 2 disscuss it,..2 me a church is a place of baptised christains who share d same belief,ideas,..pls my fellow nairalanders share ur views
Re: How Would You Define A Church??? by fckmn24seg(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2014
The church is in you
Re: How Would You Define A Church??? by spanzed(m): 11:49am On Aug 03, 2014
fckmn24seg: The church is in you
wat if u uself are not clean?
Re: How Would You Define A Church??? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
A business venture.
Re: How Would You Define A Church??? by spanzed(m): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
Apatheist: A business venture.
u mean the church is now were pastors feed fat and the member feed thin..is dat d type 2 church u attend??
Re: How Would You Define A Church??? by emmyskies(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
spanzed: wat if u uself are not clean?

You.re not clean in the first place, what then are you going to join the gathering of the brethren for? It begins with you. Everything boils down on you. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, you have to keep it clean always. Anybody that is unclean will be a cast away. The gathering of the brethren is called church. Is where saints of GOD gather to study and pray and worship GOD. For where they are gathered in His name, He is always there in their midst. The church is just like many temple of GOD, gathered together to do in union what they do also individually -pray, praise, worship, study, evangelize etc And this is what Christ expects of a church: "That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (Ephesians 5:27)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola:handshake Which Signifies `sign Of Peace' No More Allowed In Cath.church / Police Nab Cherum And Seraphim Pastor Segun Alawode For ra-ping Woman In Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Of Church’s U.K. Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.