Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1803670 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by phamous08: 11:10am On Nov 06, 2019
FreeTHINKER98:
Hello house, can somebody help me verify how true this is....

N:B I removed the phone number....

In response to ur CV submitted to REXINGTON COLLEGE, dis is to inform u dat you have been shortlisted to an interview.
Video screening & training will take place on 9th Nov,2019 @ d school premises by 7am. U'r to come with both original & copies of all documents, 2 passport & a copy of ur medical test. We re presently conducting a background check on u. Details concerning d medical test will be sent to u. Test must be completed on or before 7th Nov,2019. 70% of test has been paid by REXINGTON call 0814******* for more details. Thanks.

Also got this invite...can we talk privately
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tosins(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
I got an invite from Landover company , any idea about their written test ?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by FreeTHINKER98(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
phamous08:
Also got this invite...can we talk privately
I've responded to your mail
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Oluwatobi11(f): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
Who has been to KEN INDUSTRY NG at 4b toyin street ikeja opposite victory home school after unity bank are they real I have interview there on Monday
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Abiodub01: 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
You're invited for interview for the role of Business Developer.

5 Ogunsiji Close, Off Allen Ikeja.
Nov 8, 8:30AM

Come with CV.
Ask for: Judith from BridgeGap
Pls I got this message today is it real or not
Someone should pls reply
Pls someone should reply they said they are o food lmt
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tosins(m): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please is this invite real ? I applied through smart recruiter .

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dammysmart: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
tosins:
what position did you apply to??
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tosins(m): 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
Dammysmart:
what position did you apply to??

Risk management officer and admin officer
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ridwan1821: 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
Pls guys, I need to confirm the authenticity of the above mail. I am confused right now, as to whether to go for it or not.

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Your online application has been received.

You are hereby invited for a Recruitment session. Your assessment will determine if you are fit for a JOB OFFER.

Date: Friday 8th November, 2019.
Time: 9:30am 

Venue: 7, Obasa road Chemline building, behind Forte Oil filling station, Oba-Akran, Ikeja.

Come with a copy of  your CV and this invite to gain access 

Kindly respond to this email and confirm your availability. 

For further enquiries

Call: 09012182625

Best regards,
Joseph Olubunmi

Disclaimer: Dynamics incorporation is committed to helping you secure worthwhile employment. We are a third party recruiter and outsourcing agency.

Third party Recruiter: Are agencies, organisations, or individuals who recruit on behalf of others be it temporary, part-time or full-time time employment. Dynamics incorporation, forward your details to organisations who are interested in your services.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ridwan1821: 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Jalinspy:

Interview Invitation
Inbox
x

TELECOMM LINK <augustine.telecommlink@gmail.com>
Sat, Oct 26, 1:09 AM (23 hours ago)
to me

Dear *******,

Your online application as Procurement officer has been received by us. We believe you would able to defend your CV and if need be chose from other available options with the company.
You are hereby invited for an interview session. Your assessment will determine if you are fit for the job offer.

Date: Tuesday 29th October, 2019
Time: 9:00am
Venue: 7, Obasa road Chemline Building, behind Forte Oil Filling Station, Oba Akran, Ikeja.

Kindly respond to this email and confirm your availability. Come with a copy of this invite to gain access and updated CV with a valid means of identification.

Best regards,
HR Augustine
www.telcommlink.com.ng

Disclaimer: Telcommlink is committed to helping you secure worthwhile employment. We are a third party recruiter and outsourcing agency.

Third party Recruiters: Third party recruiters are agencies, organisations, or individuals, recruiting candidates for specified positions, be it temporary, part-time or full time employment on behalf of others and not for their own needs. You understand and consent that in order to facilitate the recruitment process on your behalf, telcommlink, may forward your details of clients who are interested in you or in other cases forward your details to client who are interested in your services

PLEASE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS? IS IT REAL? HELP A BROTHER ABEG
Pls did you attend this interview?

If yes, was it real? Thanks as you reply.

Its very similar to the one I received today. They have the same address.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fiercehillz(m): 10:07am On Nov 07, 2019
Please my cousin got the text below and she is very excited to attend the interview but the thing is that it was sent using a regular phone number.

Hi, you are hereby invited for an interview for the position of a Sales supervisor at Carlcare Services (Transsion Holdings) on 8th of Nov 2019 by 10am at 50a Adeniyi Jones avenue, Ikeja. Kindly come along with your updated CV.

Hope say nor be scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chuksay: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2019
tosins:
...u lucky...I applied too but dint get any mail
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by goke4real(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
They are fake , check people's responses towards that address via https://twitter.com/hannytalker/status/1115935814998007808?s=19
Ridwan1821:
Pls guys, I need to confirm the authenticity of the above mail. I am confused right now, as to whether to go for it or not.

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Your online application has been received.

You are hereby invited for a Recruitment session. Your assessment will determine if you are fit for a JOB OFFER.

Date: Friday 8th November, 2019.
Time: 9:30am 

Venue: 7, Obasa road Chemline building, behind Forte Oil filling station, Oba-Akran, Ikeja.

Come with a copy of  your CV and this invite to gain access 

Kindly respond to this email and confirm your availability. 

For further enquiries

Call: 09012182625

Best regards,
Joseph Olubunmi

Disclaimer: Dynamics incorporation is committed to helping you secure worthwhile employment. We are a third party recruiter and outsourcing agency.

Third party Recruiter: Are agencies, organisations, or individuals who recruit on behalf of others be it temporary, part-time or full-time time employment. Dynamics incorporation, forward your details to organisations who are interested in your services.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ridwan1821: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
goke4real:
They are fake , check people's responses towards that address via https://twitter.com/hannytalker/status/1115935814998007808?s=19
Thank you very much.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by jesusvictory: 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
Online Business Made Easy! ..you have to earn dollars using a 24/7 system software that makes you a live fortune. If you are willing to know more details about this platform, drop your best email address inbox.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by interndare: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Our client, a Financial institution is in need of Sales Personnel who can represent the interest of the company at highest level.

Requirements
B.Sc holders only
Minimum of Second Class Lower
Minimum of two years sales experience in a financial Institution
Location is Lagos
Salary - 150k

Method of Application
Send your CV to recruitment@rs-hunter.com
Using the job title “SALES PERSONNEL” as subject of the email

Deadline - November 18, 2019
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dharniehl(m): 6:37am On Nov 09, 2019
TIPS ON HOW TO GET YOUR DREAM JOB WHEN CALLED UP FOR INTERVIEWS
http:///s28cc52e0191108en_ng

I wrote an article on opera news on how to land your dream job when called up for an interview,
Please, read, like, comment, share and ignore the errors. ���
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ohiosimuan: 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
Good evening people. Please who has written the union bank MTP assestment test? Abeg, who don write, make s/he tell me how e go ��
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Whizdomo(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2019
ayoshyne:

Hi, we're you able to confirm it is genuine? I got something similar to the address on yours which is slated for tomorrow.

Your application has been received by us.
You are hereby invited for an interview via our (affiliate)  Human 
Resource Team.

Date: THURSDAY   24TH/10/2019
Venue:  Oba Akran Avenue, behind  off Forte Oil Filling Station, 
7,Obasa street,  Ikeja Lagos.

Time: 9.00am

NOTE: YOU ARE TO COME WITH A PRINTED PROOF OF THIS INVITE, AN 
AUTHENTIC MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION AND A COPY OF YOUR UPDATED CV  TO 
GAIN ACCESS, AS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS INTO THE BUILDING 
WITHOUT THESE ITEMS.

Best Regards,
@JUDAH
BMDT
08135163788  (available to pick call from 9.00am to 6.00pm)
SIGNED: COO, HR.

Correct scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Eudes(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2019
This is where you can know whether that job is scam or real. I have used this site, and it's legit
https://itarj.com/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LamiWilliams: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2019
Don’t fall victim to these totally avoidable job scams. Here are some ways to identify false job postings and avoid them:

1. Wonky Language

This is a definite no no. Companies take extra take extra time to proofread their job postings. If you find grammatical or spelling errors in a jobs ad, it is most likely fake. Always verify any posting or call for interview you come across.

2. No online visibility

In this digital age, companies know that they have to have an online presence. In fact, no online presence means you’re not serious about getting your product/service to your target audience. When you get an call for interview email or see a job posting online, Google the company. If you find nothing about the company, don’t waste your time with it anymore. Some scammers could go the extra mile and create an online presence. Look out for companies who have suspicious domain names, have no contact address/phone number, have no real information about they what they do. In any case, to be extra sure, copy the job ad or website here

3. Non Branded EmailBranding is key with companies these days. If you have taken note, you would see that comapnies usually have their employee’s assigned to their company’s name. So, if a company is names WriteAssit, an employee’s email would be esthersmith@writeassist.com. If a job posting says you should send an email to an @gmail.com or @yahoo.com email, think twice and verify before applying.

4. WhatsApp Interview Notification
We get that the professional world is working hard towards making the job application process more friendly, but this is ain’t it. No real call for interview would be sent to you via WhatsApp. Companies would rather email, call, or send you a text message with enough details about their company including a website. If you are scheduled for a remote interview via Skype or phone call, that’s acceptable. Anyway, confirming would keep you safe.

5. Miracle jobs
These scammers know that people are desperate for employment. Unfortunately, they play on that and release mouth-watering offers that seem too good to be true. Be careful of job postings with extremely high salaries for jobs that usually have lesser pays. They also siphon email and phone numbers from the Internet and randomly send interview emails or text messages. If you did not apply for a job, you most likely won’t be “miraculously” called for a job interview.

6. They want money.

Think about it; they need you to pay them to pay you? It’s a big no. Don’t apply. Companies usually won’t require you to pay for an interview.

An advice for you is that you should not sign up on every job platform you see. A lot of time, your details get siphoned that way and you become a prey to scam job posting and call for interview. Also, trust your instincts. If you feel something is not right, do your research. Itarj.com (Is this a real job?) is a great tool that allows your to verify if a job posting is real or not. Use it now and share with friends and family! You would literally be saving lives
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Smhart1(f): 11:37am On Nov 10, 2019
decentjannie:
Sequel to our recent survey via our online advertorial page, HR portals and referrals, we are pleased with your background considering your Leadership, business and Human resourceful skills

In view of this you have been Shortlisted by the HR TEAM to attend a LEADERSHIP/BUSINESS ASSESSMENT and WORKSHOP for an INTERVIEW to be a Team/ Unit leader and Business partner.

OVERVIEW OF CENTER FOR LEADERSHIP, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE

CFLEAD is the culmination of years of experience in the corporate and small business worlds, with a passion for raising businessmen and women, and we aim to achieve this through human capacity building and leveraging.

Our priority:- To assist individuals in having a befitting lifestyle, acquire their desire and live a healthy life, using capacity building and leverage as a critical tool.

What we do:- We specialize majorly into human resource development, leveraging and consultation services through information dissemination.

Office Address: 1st Floor Xpress House, Via, Ostra hotel, off Jobi fele way Central Business District (CBD) Alausa Ikeja, Lagos.

Date: Monday 20th May, 2019
Time: 9:00am.

NOTE:- You are required to tender this invitation either as a printed copy or soft copy, and a passport photograph at the point of entrance for security purpose.

It’s imperative to confirm your availability, do so by replying to this e-mail.

We look forward to you knowing you more and working with you.

BEST REGARDS,
HR TEAM LEAD
DYN 554

For further inquiries and directions, call the secretary on 07051369207 or please log on to www.cflead.org

Pls house how genuine is this...
Good morning, please how genuine is this job and did you attend the interview?

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Blackgirllagos: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
Just recently, I realized the LinkedIn App is the most overlooked and under-used app amongst all platforms for job optimization and that probably people tend to think it is boring. Well, the LinkedIn platform is made for serious business and gives no room for the regular unseriousness social platforms allow.

The LinkedIn platform isn’t for just anyone as it helps to connect you to those that are related to your career and would be of much help to you. Sometimes, before sending an application letter, part of your homework should be to look for the HR officer of the company on LinkedIn, this is so you can address your cover letter and application letter to the person, it personalizes your letter so the recruiter will sit up and notice you.

Personally, i think it's best to look out for people holding key positions in the company and connecting with them or addressing the letter to them.

As graduates, students or any job seekers, LinkedIn is an important tool for job seeking but the sad things is that it is overly underrated and so many people are on this platform but they actually don’t maximize the benefits.

There are certain rules to guide you while using the LinkedIn platform, they are;

#Rule 1 : Only put up professional profile picture

It is important to know that if your profile doesn’t have professional pictures, prospective recruiters would not take you serious. People tend to use filtered pictures like LinkedIn is Instagram. this is a typical red flag.

Using professional but beautiful picture attracts people. They know you are there for real and straight business and not just there to joke around. Every employer wasn’t a beautiful and presentable employee even if it’s not on the basis of a full time job.

#RULE 2: Make your headline Catchy

This is another important rule. Most people use funny headlines as “Fresh graduate at Lexoft Media”, such headline won’t be taken seriously as most employers want someone with experience so it’s better to write things like “ Human Capital Management| Project Management | HR Enthusiast".

This helps the explain the career you are into. All these should be tailored towards your career direction. It helps to show how intentional you are about what you want.

#RULE 3: Don’t confuse your "About" section with your Headline

Confusing the About section with the Headline is easy but you should know that the Headline only allows few words and the About section is where you infuse your career objectives. Although people tend to see your Headline first before checking your About so if the headline is not catchy and well constructed they don't bother to go further to the about.

Read more: http:///s4aca1b35191110en_ng

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ayodelerashad(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2019
You are invited for an interview on Monday the 11th of November 2019. Time 10 am.

Venue is 46, Tafawa Balewa Crescent Off Adeniran Ogunsanya Street
Sururlere - Lagos
Please come with a copy of your CV and one passport photograph.
Cheers

Good morning nairalanders, is the above real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ayodelerashad(m): 6:15am On Nov 11, 2019
is this real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ayodelerashad(m): 6:18am On Nov 11, 2019
You are invited for an interview on Monday the 11th of November 2019. Time 10 am.

Venue is 46, Tafawa Balewa Crescent Off Adeniran Ogunsanya Street
Sururlere - Lagos
Please come with a copy of your CV and one passport photograph.
Cheers

is this real
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rafhy(f): 6:52am On Nov 11, 2019
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Timcool: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
Please I got a mail this afternoon from one chase limited at Lekki phase one to come for an interview and I tried to check Google if they are real but can't seem to get their exact address and somethings I saw on Google do not relate to them
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by eldest(m): 9:02am On Nov 13, 2019
��ℂ�ℕℂ�!!!
Experienced Dispatch Riders that live on the Island needed for immediate employment.
★Must have a valid Rider's Licence. 
★Knows how to use Google maps and routes shortcuts.
★Must be familiar with Lagos routes.
★Customer friendly.
★Pays attention to details.
★Good communication skills.

WhatsApp or Call

for more details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54