Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1804385 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zealousB(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
DaBogu:
Jott Industries Nigeria
Limited, 1-5 Adijatu Adisa Street, Off Cele Egbe bus-stop.
Ikotun-Isolo road.
Please, I have an interview with them tomorrow
Anybody know about them, working condition and pay?
It seems like a printing press company

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by skenedice1: 8:11am On Feb 26, 2020
you don't know where to look...  
Don't stress again, Oplace is a new real estate company doing the impossible when it comes to real estate such as giving you only the best option of what you seek, without worrying about getting scammed or doing lots of paper work, it's our job to help our clients to look for what they seek in real estate and provide you with best option to choose from, we also help advertisement other properties and apartment for free, and the fun part is that we loan 50% amount of rent to interested client that doesn't have up to the the amount needed to pay a rent.
Interested client should contact Mr femi, Oplace sales agent on : 09032857723 (WhatsApp only) for more information 
NOTE: serious clients only
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Techcornerng(m): 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by DanielGb(m): 11:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:

Chemline House, 7 Obasa Rd, Ikeja I remember this one, they waste my time eh... I sensed something wasn't right immediately I step into the premises, I should have trusted by instinct and leave immediately but then I needed a job. just avoid any interview you didn't apply for around ikeja especially ogba or alausa, they are all GNLD.

Lol.�

Those guys deserve beating.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by felimex: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
[quote author=TRADELYN post=25200142]
Bro even if they use recruitment companies, the name of the recruitment company will be stated and the address, so you can browse the recruitment company address and compare to the one written.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by felimex: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU OF YOUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT WITH GMG ON FRI 28TH FED 2020 8AM,
@ 8 BISI OGABI OFF BALOGUN OPPOSITE LAGOON AWOLOWO WAY IKEJA LAGOS
ENQ: HR ANITA....

I don't need any 1 to tell me this is scam,they are everywhere, just got this message now
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by AmeLonRo(m): 5:36am On Mar 02, 2020
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tohby2(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2020
HELLO TOBY,
Having done our background study of your qualifications and attributes, we are impressed that you meet the requirements of the organization for the position hiring.

As approved, you are scheduled and invited for an Interview with Magnifix Consult as a BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER.

MAGNIFIX CONSULT is the culmination of years with experience in big business world. We run the mandate of Human Capital Development in facilitating sufficiently Business growth and massive Return On Investment (ROI).

OBJECTIVE:- Majorly focused in Business Development, Investment Management and Human Capital Development..

OFFICE ADDRESS: 14, Alhaji Kareem Street, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.

Date: TUESDAY, 3rd of March 2020
Time: 9:00 am.

How true is this please?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by FlameZee(m): 11:53am On Mar 02, 2020
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tohby2(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
FlameZee:
Was there two weeks ago, it's a big scam
is this a reply to my quote on magnifix consult?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pink67(f): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ryocaj(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
0ubenji:
Whilst waiting to get a job, you most likely will need a side hustle that will be get u paid to stay afloat.
Social media advertising goes it.
Check my signature
Send me your whatsapp number so we can discuss on d media advertising
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by gbafreview: 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
some tip for you, there are job vacancies in my website
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 4lorunsho(m): 4:51am On Mar 04, 2020
4 weeks and how much is it
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 4lorunsho(m): 4:51am On Mar 04, 2020
Do you know anyone who needs a job ASAP

Let the individual add this profile page as her friend and we will add you to the private group later if dully confirm.
https://www.facebook.com/job.connect.399

And fill the job link application below https:///2wkj2uR

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SCAM
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by oyinlove15: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day, you are hereby invited for an Aptitude Test, scheduled for the 6th of March 2020, by 10am, at Growth & Development Asset Management Ltd, 1 Afolabi Lesi Street, off Town Planning way, Ilupeju, Lagos.

Please is the job real and does anyone have an idea about their test
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zealousB(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
oyinlove15:
Good day, you are hereby invited for an Aptitude Test, scheduled for the 6th of March 2020, by 10am, at Growth & Development Asset Management Ltd, 1 Afolabi Lesi Street, off Town Planning way, Ilupeju, Lagos.

100% legit here is there website https://gdl.com.ng/bu_asset.php read up about them. I have always admired that company kindly let me know how it goes
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by oyinlove15: 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
Alright Thanks will be traveling down to Lagos tomorrow, will let you know it goes .quote author=zealousB post=87162410]

100% legit here is there website https://gdl.com.ng/bu_asset.php read up about them. I have always admired that company kindly let me know how it goes[/quote]
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by article3030: 12:43am On Mar 05, 2020
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by muhimi: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2020
Hi, good morning. I applied and got an invite too. Kindly contact/whatsapp me on 09056968509
quote author=oyinlove15 post=87158603]Good day, you are hereby invited for an Aptitude Test, scheduled for the 6th of March 2020, by 10am, at Growth & Development Asset Management Ltd, 1 Afolabi Lesi Street, off Town Planning way, Ilupeju, Lagos.

Please is the job real and does anyone have an idea about their test [/quote]
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Powerexpert: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
We are currently recruiting for the position of a SALES REPRESENTATIVE in a Power Solution Company

JOB ROLE
The ideal candidate will
1. Prospect new opportunities by coordinating with marketing on market surveys/research for potentials, having site visit to find new opportunities, meeting potential customers and reporting on new products or services in the market.
2. Prepare sales offer and ensure proper documentation.
3. Offer prices to customers and create a profile base for customers.
4. Exhibit good customer service and show good will to constantly understand and support customer's need.
5. Strict adherence to company policies and procedures.

REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have

1. A minimum of 3-10years experience in similar role
2. A minimum of HND/B.Sc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Business Management, Marketing or Engineering field.
3. Good business sense, demonstrate talents for clients liaising, project management and team leadership
4. Prior experience in a generator company will be an added advantage.

Job location:Ibadan

Qualified and interested candidate's should send their CVs to: personnel.ibadan@jubailibros.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ehmmy11(m): 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
oyinlove15:

ask. Better questions before you go
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 30ammy(f): 9:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Please anybody with CITE EMEA aptitude test should please send to me
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Samzeal(m): 11:25am On Mar 06, 2020
Dear Applicant,

You have been invited for an interview for the position of Marketing analyst. Kindly find details of the interview below.

Venue: 3A, Ajoke Okusanya close, Abel Oreniyi street, off Salvation road, Opebi, Ikeja Lagos.

Time: 12:30PM

Date: Tuesday, 10th March 2020.

Kindly confirm availability of your attendance.

Best regards.

--

FOLASADE AWOLOLA
Marketing Executive
|Tel:09034237668
|Email: folaawolola@samrego.com
|www.samrego.com
|Address: 3a, Ajoke Okusanya Close, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.

please how true is this
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Estheraosho(f): 11:08pm On Mar 06, 2020
Do you need Weekly income while on your job search, click on the link below where I shared my personal experience about Longrich and my job hunt.

https://www.nairaland.com/5721995/make-weekly-income-while-looking
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zealousB(m): 5:17am On Mar 07, 2020
oyinlove15:
Alright Thanks will be traveling down to Lagos tomorrow, will let you know it goes .quote author=zealousB post=87162410]

100% legit here is there website https://gdl.com.ng/bu_asset.php read up about them. I have always admired that company kindly let me know how it goes

Hello hope you finally attended the interview and it went well?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kspicz: 10:50am On Mar 08, 2020
There is a company in Lagos with Factories in Ogun state called Solar Energy Ventures Industries Entreprise Limited. [/b]They also bear other names Like REI plastics, NGS group, Sapatech etc. This organization has a very toxic environment. There is no job security, the owner [b]Mr. Ugochukwu Emmanuel Madumere pays police stations to do his bidding. There is no leave, pension neither do they pay tax. Staff are fired without following due process. There is no HMO and there is no Employee compensation /Insurance in terms of injuries. Staff are hardly provided work tools but get constant blame for non performance.No health and safety equipment for factory workers. No trainings, no incentives, bonus or benefits. He verbally and sometimes could physically assault staff members. He pays graduates poor salaries but pays illiterates a higher one. Staff are not allowed to contribute their opinions even on jobs they are given. There is a lot of interference and do it his way. Working hours are not stipulated, you could see 8am -5pm but would work 8 am - 9pm. Factory workers work 7am-7pm. Please if you get any invite from this company please run for dare life. They could tease you with a bigger salary only to sack you one month later. Weather their Festac office, Ota factories or Igbesa is a no no! Please avoid this organization by all means or you are on your own!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by philip2014(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2020
We are pleased to inform you of your interview with the HR DEPT OF GM GLOBAL is Tues 10/3/2020;8am @8 Bisi Ogabi Str, Balogun B/S off Awolowo way Ikeja.ADETUNJI.
Please is this genuine
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zealousB(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Kspicz:
There is a company in Lagos with Factories in Ogun state called Solar Energy Ventures Industries Entreprise Limited. [/b]They also bear other names Like REI plastics, NGS group, Sapatech etc. This organization has a very toxic environment. There is no job security, the owner [b]Mr. Ugochukwu Emmanuel Madumere pays police stations to do his bidding. There is no leave, pension neither do they pay tax. Staff are fired without following due process. There is no HMO and there is no Employee compensation /Insurance in terms of injuries. Staff are hardly provided work tools but get constant blame for non performance.No health and safety equipment for factory workers. No trainings, no incentives, bonus or benefits. He verbally and sometimes could physically assault staff members. He pays graduates poor salaries but pays illiterates a higher one. Staff are not allowed to contribute their opinions even on jobs they are given. There is a lot of interference and do it his way. Working hours are not stipulated, you could see 8am -5pm but would work 8 am - 9pm. Factory workers work 7am-7pm. Please if you get any invite from this company please run for dare life. They could tease you with a bigger salary only to sack you one month later. Weather their Festac office, Ota factories or Igbesa is a no no! Please avoid this organization by all means or you are on your own!

Let see. Were you a former employee or have friend and relative who probably must have had a terrible experience there. This one story isn't enough to convince others you need to find victims to corroborate your story so that it can get the desired publicity. I understand though and I hope the company takes care of her image before their unprofessional and unconducive enivroment stories blows out of proportion

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.