Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1804001 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by RHMSTECH: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2023
Job vacancy, kindly send cv to rhmsforbusiness@gmail.com.

You can view their page on Instagram @rhms_tech

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Hireme1st: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
Jakeattah:
MEDPRO just sent another of their many invites.... The number one GNLD

.... But they can't see me

Explore Countless Job Opportunities in Ireland For Nigerian Fellows, Visit Irish Vacancy

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Xzandy(f): 12:48am On Apr 21, 2023
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by laiciffo: 9:49am On Apr 27, 2023
URGENT VACANCY.
We are currently recruiting for Four (4) Adhoc staff for a 2 month project.

Requirements
Minimum of OND
Must be very smart and hardworking
Excellent interpersonal skills and Ready to work

Open to both Male and Female for gender balance

Salary:70,000 per month

Interested candidates should send their CVS to
qhubng@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by potland: 10:34pm On May 13, 2023
Chris9ine:
I got an invite to an interview on 26th Wednesday according to the message,and 26ths is Thursday not Wednesday, please guys help me check if this is a genuine address and interview place to be
Thanks for all your responses.

Dear Chris,

Your application has been screened. Hence, your interview has been scheduled with the HR Team of CRADFIELD Ltd.

Position: GRADUATE TRAINEE

Kindly reply to this email directly with your availability on or before 26th January, 2023.

Date: Wednesday 26th January, 2023.

Time: 9:00am

Venue: suite 36b, blue roof, 2nd Floor, yaya abatan opposite K-Merit Laboratory, along College rod, Ogba, Lagos.

NB: Come along with the Hard copy of your Resume and a means of identification.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Mrs George. W
HRM Dept,

Ref No: JJ/003
did you attend?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chimasoka: 10:56am On May 20, 2023
Wife Found Out That Her Husband Have Been Sleeping With Their Family Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snQnlU3M2mk
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chimasoka: 8:59pm On May 21, 2023
Man Bless This Lady With N1000000 Just For Doing This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PCiVKj6jcA
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hozeinbasit: 8:58am On May 27, 2023
I had this job offer from jiji for an interview and I don't know how true is it even though I was the one who applied for it through a job search group I am on WhatsApp.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Zazyj: 11:46pm On May 30, 2023
I have been a victim of such too.
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Glamoice(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Salary: 15.50 euro/hour (2418 euro/month). How much is your overseas salary in your home currency? Please use the currency converter:

https://stanpgist.com/factory-worker-ireland/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by thatsleepboy1: 11:49am On Jun 03, 2023
Menclothing:

Dispatch rider needed for employment Lagos mainland Alimosho
Location!!! Surulere/Yaba/Mushin/iwaya/bariga /ikeja/Ogba /shomolu/bariga /Ago/festac

Salary is 60k
Weekly allowance
Kindly refer

pls I stay at yaba, is the dispatch job still available?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Menclothing: 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2023
thatsleepboy1:

pls I stay at yaba, is the dispatch job still available?

Dm on WhatsApps we recruit frequently because we add additional fleet quarterly

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Taofeekatomojol: 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
AbbasFavourite:
Please can anyone verify this invite I got just now?
Please is it a scam?

INVITATION FOR AN INTERVIEW. Sequel to your online application. You are shortlisted for an interview. Venue:A& R building beside Custom Date: 14/2/2023 Time: 09:00am Bodija Ibadan COME WITH YOUR C.V
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Youngaboy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
[quote author=Taofeekatomojol post=123577842][/quote]

You have to be careful with this, it looks like scammers invite.
No company name, no Job title.
Be mindful.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by donkelvin10(m): 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
NEW JOB OFFER

Driver ..75k
Sales Rep...60k
House cleaner..50k
Spa receptionist..55k
Aviation receptionist..50k
Factory Job..40k
Cashier..45k
Office assistant..75k
Security 3dson 3ds of..40k
Assistant cook..45k
waitress..50k
House keeper..65k
Bar man..55k

All with accommodation
At Ikeja, ikorodu, Lekki,

Whatsapp 09023630072
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joshboss(m): 1:20am On Jun 09, 2023
Please can anyone help me verify this interview invite.
Good day,

I hope this email finds you well.

We received your Resume regarding our advert on Joblin for the position of a Marketer.

We would like to meet you on 12th June 2023, at 10am for your interview. Address is no:13 Ope-ifa Crescent, Ajao Estate, Anthony Village. Lagos.
Kindly confirm if you will be available.

You are required to come with your original certificates for sighting.

Kind regards.
Maduagwu Stella Ogechukwu
(MD)
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Youngaboy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
joshboss:
Please can anyone help me verify this interview invite.
Good day,

I hope this email finds you well.

We received your Resume regarding our advert on Joblin for the position of a Marketer.

We would like to meet you on 12th June 2023, at 10am for your interview. Address is no:13 Ope-ifa Crescent, Ajao Estate, Anthony Village. Lagos.
Kindly confirm if you will be available.

You are required to come with your original certificates for sighting.

Kind regards.
Maduagwu Stella Ogechukwu
(MD)

The name of the organization is not included. How will you verify the authenticity.

If you remember applying for a marketing job through Joblin, go back and make more findings on the company, then search through Google to check what they're into.
Also, 12th June should be public holiday, so why fix the interview on public holiday when it is not virtual interview.

If you live close to the venue, you can stroll to check if there's any company at the said venue.
However, you can use Google map to verify the location and also know what business happens there.
But if you can't get reasonable findings, then I'll advise you listen to your instinct rather than spending your money, time and resources.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joshboss(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
Youngaboy:

The name of the organization is not included. How will you verify the authenticity.

If you remember applying for a marketing job through Joblin, go back and make more findings on the company, then search through Google to check what they're into.
Also, 12th June should be public holiday, so why fix the interview on public holiday when it is not virtual interview.

If you live close to the venue, you can stroll to check if there's any company at the said venue.
However, you can use Google map to verify the location and also know what business happens there.
But if you can't get reasonable findings, then I'll advise you listen to your instinct rather than spending your money, time and resources.

Thanks boss. Thought as much although I applied for many positions via joblin but my major concern is the interview slated on a public holiday anyways I’ll use google map to confirm the address
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joshboss(m): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
Pls help to verify this invite

Dear Joshua,

You've been invited for an INTERVIEW
with EXCELLA GLOBAL for Warehouse Assistant/BDS
14th Wed Jun,2023 by 8am
@36,Yaya Abatan beside Nationwide Filling Station Rd Ogba,Lag
HR DEPT
Agnes/504
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kingserah: 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
okele restaurant is now hiring waiters/waitresses.

Responsibilities
1. Provide excellent customer service to guests
2. Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
3. Communicate re-order level information to the manager or supervisor as at when needed
4. Taking customer orders and delivering immmediately
5. Follow all restaurant food handling policy
6. Answers questions about Menu Items, ingredients and pricing to the customers

Requirements
1. Must provide Guarantors or Referees
2. Attentiveness and patience for customers
3. Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
4. Active listening and effective communication skills.
5. Must be between age 19 - 26
6. Postion Open to both Female and male
7. Team spirit
8. National Diploma [ND] in ACCOUNTING, FOOD SCIENCE, HOTEL MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING

Send CV to email below
Email: okelerestaurant15@gmail.com

ADDRESS: 3B SAMUEL MANUWA STREET, ALONG 1004 HOUSING ESTATE SECOND GATE, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Trovet: 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
Social workers
Not more than thirty years

Send in your CV an cover letter to

johnsongarland45@gmail.com

U might be lucky
'not more than thirty years'

Having a qualification in social sciences displind is added adv
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by doctormoh(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2023
πŸ“’ Calling all Educators! πŸŽ‰ Elevate Your Teaching Journey with the Professional Teachers Incubation program at Schoolinka(PTiP) - Join Our August Cohort Today!

Don't miss out on this transformative opportunity to level up your teaching skills and make a lasting impact in the classroom. πŸš€

πŸ“š Empowering Educators: Our first cohort of extraordinary educators has embraced the PTiP program, igniting their passion for teaching and propelling their careers to new heights. Now, we invite you to join our highly anticipated August cohort, where your professional growth awaits!

🌱 Nurture Your Potential: PTiP is a meticulously curated program designed to cultivate your skills, knowledge, and teaching expertise. Through a comprehensive curriculum, personalized guidance, and collaborative projects, you will unleash your full potential and become a beacon of inspiration for your students.

πŸ’‘ Thrive in a Supportive Community: Join a community of like-minded educators committed to excellence. Engage in dynamic master classes, interactive discussions, and valuable networking opportunities, empowering you to create impactful learning experiences and foster a culture of continuous growth.

πŸš€ Don't Miss Out: Be the first to know when applications for our August cohort open! Visit the link below and drop your email to ensure you receive timely updates and secure your spot in this transformative program.

πŸ”— Link: http://schoolinka.com/start

🌟 Seize the opportunity to transform your teaching practice, empower your students, and shape the future of education. Join PTiP's August cohort and embark on an inspiring journey of professional development!

Kindly join our WhatsApp space for more opportunities and further clarificationsπŸ‘‡πŸΏ

https:///LkyGgE66IUFLc0yabRB7cA

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ggoldmine: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.