Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1806417 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Aaalarape: 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
Magnesium international is a fruad and a waste of time, be ware

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Aaalarape: 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
ajao estate

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by losgiddy: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Personal Assistant needed

- Must be done with Nysc & live within the Yaba/Surulere Axis (Because of proximity to work)

- CVS to losgiddy@gmail.com

-Appreciation for Art & photography is a plus

-MUST be proficient in Microsoft Excel

CVS to losgiddy@gmail.com

www.losgiddy.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kehinde2015(f): 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
bentech:
98 palm avenue hillstar building 3rd floor mushin, Lagos is it real
I was sent a similar one this morning, Your CV Profile is impressing,You are invited for a job interview on Fri 10/2/2017 by 9am at 98,Palm Avenue3rd floor,Beside Methodist Church,Mushin Lagos.REF:79
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 9jaguru: 3:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
Your CV is your personal marketing tool to present you as the best suited for a job. Even with numerous applicants you can make your CV stand out from the crowd.        
contact DR. CV today and get yours

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by charles009(m): 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
WESTCORP LTD Selects you for an Assesment with the Head of Personnel on Thur,17/11/16 by 10am @6,deji odunuga street,off kehinde Odusote Estate.Anthony village.Lagos. DAMI-080-8519-0015.Kindly come with your updated CV
was there!

Can someone confirm these people...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 06013276dc(f): 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
Pls Excuse my poor writing (narrating) skills.

After so much time on nairaland, i had gathered so much knowledge of how to recognise GNLD coys, what their recruitment invitation looks like and all that. For all these while i never fell victim of their tactics.
But like they will say, Man proposes but God disposes.

Shebi jejely i was in my house when someone called me that he spoke to someone about my joblessness and was told i shld come for an interview in some company. Truly the person he spoke to called me and gave address, when i asked what d name of d coy is,she said i shldnt worry,its an international coy,i shld jst come for the interview. Searched the address on nairaland but couldn't get any tangible info.
So, i went.
I couldn't leave even when i noticed upon stepping into d building people were registering the code such as Admin/HR in dia text invite so my supposed helper wont say i concluded too fast.

We were ushered in, given 10 objective questions to answer. After then a guy came in and spoke about attitude blablabla, then d supposed HR personnel came in and started with her own lecture too...on how irrelevant dia grandfather's (nt mine) certificate wont fend for them, on how graduates develop too much ego to fflw business opportunities. After lyk 3hrs, the CEO came and said how she made 250k on her first business trip and how beneficial grabbing dia business opportunities is...blablabla...at the end she said team leaders wld get more opportunities to make money dn team members so to be a team leader, you av to pay their franchise levy of #14,000 immediately while team members can pay later.
I sha spent approximately 4hrs in dia and ended up having severe headache.
I am not angry oo...Cos mehn, those guys got awesome presentations and re-orientation skills...I just pity those that fell for them.. #wehdohsir #wehdohma
In conclusion, the name of their coy is ICONIC ACE Integrated Services and they are located at 98,PalmAvenue, Mushin (Hillstar Hospital Building)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by harley88(m): 8:16am On Feb 11, 2017
Good morning fellas..I saw this Ushering Job advert on Jiji.com and I called the number . I was told to come to Anthony ( Newcastle hotel) by 12pm today for an interview in which the Ushering gig is on Monday.....
Pls anybody knows how safe and true this can be??
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by walexsho(m): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
please who else received this message and do you think it's not a scam.

Hi,
If u ve receivd email invitn u to IBM-GEM training interview in Lagos, Pls confirm participation & ur date. Kindly Call 08038964808
Regards GEM TEAM
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Abisoye92(m): 3:01am On Feb 14, 2017
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
tanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LordOfNaira: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
Aaalarape:

Yes, that is a new one at Monilola. I did a quick search on them.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Yseone(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
someone just sent this to me on this Val's day o. I can't remember doing business with any sky Integrated service oooo
na only me waka come

SKY INTEGRATED SERVICES(SIS)
Invite you for a job interview, tomorrow, at one of our newly opened office. At number:49 Iwofe road opp Totals child, beside heritage church Rumuonumini Ph.
(sis/ceo/ji25).
Time, 8:00am.
Please dress well.
For more info call:0708xxxxxx
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sellamarket(m): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
JOBS IN ABUJA – QUANTITY SURVEYOR (BUILDING)

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-abuja-quantity-surveyor-building/

JOBS IN ABUJA – BUILDING PROJECT ENGINEER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-abuja-building-project-engineer/

JOBS IN ABUJA – OUTDOOR SALES EXECUTIVE

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-abuja-outdoor-sales-executive/

JOBS IN LAGOS – MARKETER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-marketer/

JOBS IN LAGOS – DRIVER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-driver/

JOBS IN LAGOS – FIELD SALES REP

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-field-sales-rep/

JOBS IN LAGOS – CLIENT RELATION OFFICER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-client-relation-officer/

JOBS IN EDO – ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT & SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-edo-enterprise-architect-systems-integrator/

JOBS IN EDO – SECRETARY

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-edo-secretary/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dgaffer(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
We would like to invite you for a job interview in our office at 3rd floor 35 ojo giwa close,opposite jankara police post,lagos island.your interview has been scheduled for 17th feb. 2017,10am please bring hard copy of your cv and two recent passport along side thanks.Human resource Golden safeline properties ltd

Please, how real is this job invite
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by patricktoks(m): 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
I got this text from them tonight, although I applied for jobs in Ibadan days ago but really don't know how true this is.the message is..
Dear (my name), you have been shortlisted for job interview/test on 18/2/17 by 8AM @Emiloju-house, second floor-opposite 7up-bus-stop-monatan way, iwo-road'ibadan, come wit ur CV ...

need your help guys.is this a scam or for real..
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Afolabidpoet(m): 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2017
Howdy guys, i am a serving B16A Stream one Corp. member in Katsina State. i just got this message via text message: YOU ARE INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW ON MON 20-1-17 by 8am@4,KAREEM OGUNGBEYE,OFF AMARA OLU STREET,BESIDE ZENITH BANK 1st GATE AGIDINGBI IKEJA REF 100279 080-8673-2446

pls I want to know if its authentic or not. Pls help me out.... Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by stephots10: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
Who knows Swift Rec? I received this message from them.

You are invited for an assessment test @ De MC-MECKOR Foundation (Opp CMS Grammar School), 104 st Finbarrs Road, Akoka Yaba on Monday 20th Feb by 10am.

Pls help me with any information about this people, maybe it worth spending tfair on.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by jayjayjay: 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
Position for experienced persons in a Small Chops Catering Outfit.

A relatively new small chops catering outfit is looking for experienced persons who can make small chops e.g puff puff, samosa, springrolls etc in Abuja. This position is only for those living in Abuja. Please call Jay on 08135982248. Compensation is attractive
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 06013276dc(f): 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Afolabidpoet:
Howdy guys, i am a serving B16A Stream one Corp. member in Katsina State. i just got this message via text message: YOU ARE INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW ON MON 20-1-17 by 8am@4,KAREEM OGUNGBEYE,OFF AMARA OLU STREET,BESIDE ZENITH BANK 1st GATE AGIDINGBI IKEJA REF 100279 080-8673-2446

pls I want to know if its authentic or not. Pls help me out.... Thanks.

Not authentic.... Any invite with ref code is scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by adejumoke11: 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Dear Candidate;
After reviewing your online application and resume.
You have been invited for a JOB SPECIFICATION BRIEFING with the Human Capital Management on Monday 20th February, 2017 by 9am @ 2 Akin Oshiyemi Str,off Allen avenue, opp Sterling bank, Ikeja, LAGOS.

Please be informed that you should come with a printout of this mail OR have it accessible via your mobile device.

Note: Dress corporately and be sure to come early as
lateness will not be welcomed.

Regards.
Recruit NIG
Please guys how reliable is this
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by adejumoke11: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=adedotun48 post=52569474]You are invited for JOB SPECIFICATION & DUTIES on Fri 6th January 2017 by 9:00am at Titanium Nig,No-2 Akin Oshiyemi street,off Allen Avenue,Sterling Bank Bus-Stop,Ikeja,Lagos.

Please be informed that you should come with updated CV,two-passport photograph and a printout of this mail.

Note: Dress corporately and be sure to come early as lateness will not be welcomed.

Regards

Career Nig

please did you go for the job
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hollatunz: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
06013276dc:
Pls Excuse my poor writing (narrating) skills.

After so much time on nairaland, i had gathered so much knowledge of how to recognise GNLD coys, what their recruitment invitation looks like and all that. For all these while i never fell victim of their tactics.
But like they will say, Man proposes but God disposes.

Shebi jejely i was in my house when someone called me that he spoke to someone about my joblessness and was told i shld come for an interview in some company. Truly the person he spoke to called me and gave address, when i asked what d name of d coy is,she said i shldnt worry,its an international coy,i shld jst come for the interview. Searched the address on nairaland but couldn't get any tangible info.
So, i went.
I couldn't leave even when i noticed upon stepping into d building people were registering the code such as Admin/HR in dia text invite so my supposed helper wont say i concluded too fast.

We were ushered in, given 10 objective questions to answer. After then a guy came in and spoke about attitude blablabla, then d supposed HR personnel came in and started with her own lecture too...on how irrelevant dia grandfather's (nt mine) certificate wont fend for them, on how graduates develop too much ego to fflw business opportunities. After lyk 3hrs, the CEO came and said how she made 250k on her first business trip and how beneficial grabbing dia business opportunities is...blablabla...at the end she said team leaders wld get more opportunities to make money dn team members so to be a team leader, you av to pay their franchise levy of #14,000 immediately while team members can pay later.
I sha spent approximately 4hrs in dia and ended up having severe headache.
I am not angry oo...Cos mehn, those guys got awesome presentations and re-orientation skills...I just pity those that fell for them.. #wehdohsir #wehdohma
In conclusion, the name of their coy is ICONIC ACE Integrated Services and they are located at 98,PalmAvenue, Mushin (Hillstar Hospital Building)
Nice write up, criticizing what you have no basic idea of is tantamount to be a naysayer. I joined that same platform few months ago and I bet you can't achieve what I have achieve struggling in the employee quadrant.
Success is basically meeting Opportunity with open minded Preparations!
Have a blessed time.
There is still chance to know everything about the biz if you are done with the unavailable Job hunt.

can somebody fool everybody in that picture if its not paying more than the conventional JOBS?

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please does anyone know Apexplus oil n gas or Apexplus properties? If yes are they legit?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by CellTabRepairs: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
While you search for that job and time keeps going (we are in March in a few days time already) or you invest already available money at hand in financial instruments, do you just idle bye?

YOU might consider investing/training yourself right there at home in a knowledge-based skill that has UNENDING RETURNS and even expose you to opportunities in people!. EACH DAY , YOUR CAPITAL Will Be YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BARE HANDS! More GUARANTEED than any other investment! With smartphones as the future, YOU CAN NEVER GO BROKE. Before, no one likes to teach others; no easy access to standard training. But now, an expert has designed the first complete guide available worldwide!

coolClick My Name and View the resource you need! cool
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ShipShag: 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please has anyone heard about "Federation of snail farmers, marketers association of Nigeria" ?. A close family friend is in contact with some people from this association. Don't know if it is a scam because i cannot find anything about them on the internet.. Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by temitimx19(m): 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
beebi5:
11, Monilola Oyeyinka street off Ajibade Babatola Bustop, Ajao Estate, Airport Road Lagos. Come with your C.V. For info: 07053152500

pls is it legit.
I just got the message please is it legit

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rukygbas: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.