Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 AM

How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? (5053 Views)

Grilled Rabbit Meat, Delivered Anywhere In Lagos / How Much Do A Kilo Of Pork Go For? / Value Addition By Processng Rabbit Meat Into Sausages To Earn More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
For those into the sales of dressed rabbit meat, how much do you sell per kilo?
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by boluwajokosegun: 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
N600
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
boluwajokosegun: N600
ls it available in lagos? A youth group extended an invitation to come visit their rabbit farm l go take style record how they produce raw rabbit sausages, turning ordinary rabbit meat to ajebo food!
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by FarmTech(m): 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
@Pavore, hw do they process it?
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
FarmTech: @Pavore, hw do they process it?
From the few seconds l watched it last night, they used a manual grinder to mince the meat (looks like the grinder market women use for egusi), another machine gives its sausage shape.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
They are selling a pack for N800, think it has 14 raw rabbit sausages in it. Na to either pan-fry it or have it grilled. lf am to grill it my ground scented cameroun pepper will not be far from me, l ain't no Kenyan! Value addition is key.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 7:28am On Aug 04, 2014
boluwajokosegun: N600
ls it available in Lagos?
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by boluwajokosegun: 8:01am On Aug 04, 2014
Frozen in suppermart & local shops...sorry i will not mention the location for now.
The sawsauge is even a child's play compared to other value added products of rabbit meat if peopple can think fast & turn it to a regular sources of income.

I want to team up with those who can do a project on it very soon & bring out at least 5 different products from it by settig up a courtage industry that will produce , process , package and distribute to an existing market in the country.

I tell you the future of agric is processing.

If you are interested please call me on 08182355047 or whatsApp: 08182355047

All l need is just 5 serous minded people. There are rabbits that weigh 10kg at 7 months, some weigh 25kg at 10 months, some 7kg at 8 months while other 4kg at 7 months. A good research work will be done to get the breed that can meet the demand at a good profit margin.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Seunaina2(m): 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
I have a capacity to produce 50 rabbits per month but yhr market is the problem. If u ve got a steady market for me, let's do business.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Seunaina2: I have a capacity to produce 50 rabbits per month but yhr market is the problem. If u ve got a steady market for me, let's do business.
where is your farm located?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by boluwajokosegun: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
@Seun connect me on WhatsApp:08182355047
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by FarmTech(m): 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pavore9: From the few seconds l watched it last night, they used a manual grinder to mince the meat (looks like the grinder market women use for egusi), another machine gives its sausage shape.
Pavore, this is quit interesting oo. As the demand for rabbit meat is not that high, making sausage out of it will be a v gud idea, plus the higher profit you'll make. Wow.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 5:52am On Aug 06, 2014
FarmTech:
Pavore, this is quit interesting oo. As the demand for rabbit meat is not that high, making sausage out of it will be a v gud idea, plus the higher profit you'll make. Wow.
That is it my brother...value addition!
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by FarmTech(m): 1:58am On Aug 07, 2014
Pavore9: That is it my brother...value addition!
Delicious. How to make meat pie and sausage roll.
http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/snacks/nigerian-meat-pie.html
http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/snacks/sausage-roll.html
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 6:19am On Aug 07, 2014
@FarmTech, l prefer frying my rabbit/pork sausage after sprinkling ground Ose Nsukka and ginger powder over it. 4 fried sausages and a jug of milk is okay for breakfast. One can still mash the raw sausages & use as fillings for meat pie and others.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by samshoz(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2014
For a starting backyard rabbitry farmer like marketing is d challenge.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by FarmTech(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pavore9: @FarmTech, l prefer frying my rabbit/pork sausage after sprinkling ground Ose Nsukka and ginger powder over it. 4 fried sausages and a jug of milk is okay for breakfast. One can still mash the raw sausages & use as fillings for meat pie and others.
I was talking about a better way to market rabbit meat.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Pavore9: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
FarmTech:
I was talking about a better way to market rabbit meat.
l understand, like around here many rabbit farmers process into sausage just like the UAC's satis sausage which is more appealing to the eye.
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by ayoyinka09: 4:22pm On May 03, 2017
Please contact me let us talk 08030439838
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by Barjors: 12:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
I am yet to understand the discussion here. Is the cost of a rabbit meat N600/kg?
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by genaro2000(m): 3:54am On Apr 21, 2019
Barjors:
I am yet to understand the discussion here. Is the cost of a rabbit meatt N600/kg?
Check the date of when the trend was created
Re: How Much Does A Kilo Of Dressed Rabbit Meat Cost? by osca4mine: 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
A kilo of fresh/frozen rabbit meat cost an average of N3,000. A whole 2KG live rabbit is sold for N5,000 by the time you process the weight drop down to about 1.5KG.
For more info whatsapp/call me on 08028719010

(1) (Reply)

I Can Supply You Any Type Of This Groundnut In Large Quantity / Point Of Lay Quail Birds For Sale.@ 450, 2weeks old at 250 / Invest As Little As N250,000 And Make N12,500 Per Month And N150,000 Per Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.