Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

The Lions Den Of Arewa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lions Den Of Arewa (35901 Views)

A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari / Abuja Capital Of Arewa Republic / Hausa/fulani Take Over In Niger Republic See Map Of Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Jovie: 9:36am On Aug 04, 2014
this is the kind of stuff we should be hearing about...

5 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by prophetone(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2014
College of Aviation Technology, Zaria

The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology is a higher education institute in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. It is funded by the Civil Aviation Department in the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Aviation. Formerly known as the Nigerian Civil Aviation Training Centre, the school was established in 1964. It has a fleet of about 25 training aircraft. As of 2010, about 6,500 students had graduated from the college, which offers course in flying, aircraft maintenance, air traffic control and aeronautical telecommunications.[1] Chief Dayo Abatan was appointed Chairman of the college in February 2009.[2] In 2010, the college was seeking to become a Degree awarding institution through affiliation with a foreign University.

Interesting Fact: NCAT Zaria has produced most of the best Pilots and Engineers our country has ever seen.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by eaglechild: 9:37am On Aug 04, 2014
OP

This is what we need to see coming from the north not spoilt rich kids in super cars.

However, they should also empower the common man.

3 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by prophetone(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2014
eaglechild: OP

This is what we need to see coming from the north not spoilt rich kids in super cars.

However, they should also empower the common man.

What are all those industries doing? It's not the CEO's doing the work you know.

5 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Enahi(f): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2014
prophetone: 6. Sayyu Dantata

[img]http://1.bp..com/-PM3y7RUHGbM/UVBEx6NYhEI/AAAAAAAAB8Y/qFB8nzZzgpc/s1600/sayyu+dantata.jpg[/img]

Mr. Sayyu I. Dantata is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of MRS Holdings Ltd (Formerly, MRS Group). He serves as the Chairman of MRS Oil Nigeria Plc and has been its Director since March 20, 2009. He serves as a Director of Hydro Alternative Energy, Inc. Alhaji. Dantata has been a Non-executive Director of Nigerian Telecommunications Limited since August 2008. Alhaji. Dantata served as a Director at MRS Holdings Ltd (also known as MRS Group). He served as a Director at Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc. He is a seasoned mechanical engineer by training at the Morris Brown College Atlanta- Georgia, USA.

Interesting fact - Chris Brown refused to stay in any of the 5-star hotels offered to him and chose to stay at Sayyu's palatial home on banana island..
This Dantata man looks hungry and sick to me?

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by meforyou1(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2014
see hausa fulani people praising themselves and everybody is saying nice one, fp. let it be the igbos now that are showcasing the numerous billionaires, multi-millionaires and industries in igboland, all the members of the greater opc nairaland branch will invade the thread talking all manners of rubbish.

13 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by MightyFortress: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2014
NafeesaAA: Jelani Aliyu, a Nigerian from Sokoto State, is US auto giant General Motors Senior Creative Designer. He designed the world acclaimed Chevy Volt which has been described as an American Revolution and hottest concept in automobile design line. According to the company's New York office release, "GM`s most electrifying advanced technology vehicle is the Chevrolet Volt concept, a battery-powered, extended-range electric passenger vehicle."In his paper delivered at the conference of Nigerians in Diaspora Organization, NIDO, Canada, entitled Role of Educated Youth in 3Ps and Entrepreneurship, the designer of the state-of-the-art electric car for General Motors, the world’s largest automobile makers, paints a picture that says nothing is impossible to achieve once your mind is fully set;

We must never underestimate the amazing power of human imagination, the ability to envision that which does not yet exist. Every great city, every monument, every historic feat, as it stands for all the world to see, was once pure thought, pure imagination acted upon and brought into reality.

To imagine is to dream, to dream is to believe in the yet unreal. And when we do dream, it must be big, because to dream small is to totally underestimate the amazing capabilities that lie within each and every one of us.
I was born and grew up in Nigeria, Land of the Niger crocodile, The Baobab tree, And the midday sun, Nigeria, Where smiles are free Like the bright blue sky And the beautiful stars of the night.

I grew up in Sokoto, in the northern part of the country, about an hour from the northern border. My parents came from Dogondaji, which is a town about an hour southwest of Sokoto. Growing up was a fascinating experience, the wide open spaces, the bright blue sky and the very closely knit family. Growing up was a lot of fun, very exciting times.

I have always wanted to be a car designer for as far back as I can remember (YAT- what are your dreams and aspirations). I studied Architecture, the closest thing to it in Nigeria, at the Birnin Kebbi Polytechnic (YAT- Are you still concerned as to how you graduated whether in a university, college of education or polytecnic? It doesn't matter so long as you have the dream and passion burning in you).

After that I attended the College for creative Studies in Detroit where I studied Transportation Design. When I graduated I got a job with general Motors, I worked at the GM tech Center for about three years and then went on international assignment to Germany for about two years at Opel.
Then I came back to the Tech Center and most recently I designed the Chevrolet Volt Electric Car, a vehicle that is crucial not just to GM but to the whole industry and world in general.

When ever I am in Nigeria, I am fascinated by the people, culture and environment. Nigeria is truly a country endowed with a lot of resources, we have oil, natural gas, cocoa, minerals and fertile soil that could cultivated to feed hundreds of millions, but above all, at our very core, what we have is our humanity, that magical inner spirit that glows from within, that magical inner spirit that makes us an integral and crucial part of the human civilization.

This is now more important than ever before, because humanity as a group, (Africans and Europeans, Asians and Americans, humanity in its totality) is on the verge of a major philosophical evolution, an evolution that will dramatically and forever change the very pattern of the human experience.
This will be brought about by exponential advances in the sciences, arts and technology, leading to a better and deeper understanding of the human mind and how it works, and also leading to the scientific connection between the human thought process and the man made reality that surrounds us.
Two significant results of this new way of thinking will be enhanced relationships within humanity and between humanity and the environment.
always wanted to read this.

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Lordlexyy: 9:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: That is a question for the north,an area with the highest rate of illiteracy,poverty and disease in the country...
Well, i don't know which region you are from, but the stereotype that northerners are the most illiterate could be false. With the population of the north, by ratio, the number of educated, well to do persons may out number folks from the south south and south east. The silence and unboastful attitude of northernes made other regions taking a swoop at them. They are not boasters but silent achievers, at least what the op posted is a glimpse of their capabilities. Is a fact that beside the religious fight that over time bedevilled the north, no other region could be as warming and enterprenue friendly as the north. The potentials there is inestimable, with right policy devoid of tribalism or regionalism, the north is a region to beat in Africa. Haters, keep hating, while the north keep making surprising progress.

9 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Forwetinnah: 9:48am On Aug 04, 2014
To think all these started with ND resources makes me even sadder...With all the wealth flowing with their elites, The North is still as arid as ever, with illiterates every where. Chai...na so these people come dey form Saudi Arabia and UAE on top South wealth? It is well even inside the well o

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Arsenate(m): 9:56am On Aug 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: Well, i don't know which region you are from, but the stereotype that northerners are the most illiterate could be false. With the population of the north, by ratio, the number of educated, well to do persons may out number folks from the south south and south east. The silence and unboastful attitude of northernes made other regions taking a swoop at them. They are not boasters but silent achievers, at least what the op posted is a glimpse of their capabilities. Is a fact that beside the religious fight that over time bedevilled the north, no other region could be as warming and enterprenue friendly as the north. The potentials there is inestimable, with right policy devoid of tribalism or regionalism, the north is a region to beat in Africa. Haters, keep hating, while the north keep making surprising progress.
well said. sometimes I rather keep mute and let these bigots wallow in their delusion.

8 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2014
Nice one op. Keep it coming.
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Richardjemedafe(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2014
Wwhy is my father's name not there

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: Well, i don't know which region you are from, but the stereotype that northerners are the most illiterate could be false. With the population of the north, by ratio, the number of educated, well to do persons may out number folks from the south south and south east. The silence and unboastful attitude of northernes made other regions taking a swoop at them. They are not boasters but silent achievers, at least what the op posted is a glimpse of their capabilities. Is a fact that beside the religious fight that over time bedevilled the north, no other region could be as warming and enterprenue friendly as the north. The potentials there is inestimable, with right policy devoid of tribalism or regionalism, the north is a region to beat in Africa. Haters, keep hating, while the north keep making surprising progress.

Bro data from examination bodies and Ministry of Education do not lie. Yobe state had a cut off of 2 while Anambra had 139 as cut off in the same Exam.

Do not derail this nice thread by starting unreasonable and illogical comparisons.

6 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by SolidMoney: 10:09am On Aug 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: Well, i don't know which region you are from, but the stereotype that northerners are the most illiterate could be false.With the population of the north,by ratio, the number of educated, well to do persons may out number folks from the south south and south east. The silence and unboastful attitude of northernes made other regions taking a swoop at them. They are not boasters but silent achievers, at least what the op posted is a glimpse of their capabilities. Is a fact that beside the religious fight that over time bedevilled the north, no other region could be as warming and enterprenue friendly as the north. The potentials there is inestimable, with right policy devoid of tribalism or regionalism, the north is a region to beat in Africa. Haters, keep hating, while the north keep making surprising progress.
which population?The concocted one you mean?
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2014
Alhaji Mai Deribe

The day was the 15th of March, 1990. Nigeria was to play host to some of the most important personalities on earth. Guess who? Diana, the Princess of Wales was in town, with her husband, Prince Charles on a state visit. Princess Diana charmed everyone with her magical aura. At the lepers’ colony, she almost made many shed tears as she held the hands of lepers, stroking their hands and looking at where they lost their fingers. The military president, General Ibrahim Babangida was ecstatic and wanted to ensure that the guests got the finest treatment possible . Thus, the Nigerian government made spectacular arrangements to make them comfortable. The search was on for a befitting place for them to stay. At the end of the day, a majestic golden palace lying in the middle of the ruthless desert was chosen. And so it was, Princess Diana and her husband, Prince Charles became guests at the Deribe Palace, the royal residence of Alhaji Ahmed Mai Deribe, the famed billionaire of Bornu. But who was this enigmatic billionaire who lies buried in an unmarked grave in faraway Arabia? Enjoy the story of Mai Deribe, the Kanuri billionaire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Lordlexyy: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Forwetinnah: To think all these started with ND resources makes me even sadder...With all the wealth flowing with their elites, The North is still as arid as ever, with illiterates every where. Chai...na so these people come dey form Saudi Arabia and UAE on top South wealth? It is well even inside the well o
And all the stolen crude oil, ransome for kidnap, militancy, government patronage, fat budget, 13% derivation has failed to transformed the Niger Delta making it look like one hell of a cisse pit. That's one features of failures, making excuses and looking for whom to blame for their backwardness. Better management and judicious used of these allocations to the south south would have made Abuja look like one country home, but no, the leaders, typical of Nigerian opportunist are more concern about self than the general well being of the people. You will do well to direct your grievance to them.

10 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by eaglechild: 10:23am On Aug 04, 2014
prophetone:

What are all those industries doing? It's not the CEO's doing the work you know.
True
I was actually meant the state government.
I wasn't clear.
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by abdulkayus(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2014
BEWARE The bigots don dey show small small. Dey never wanted to hear any good news abt d north, it give dem running stomach.
North are nt known to blow their trumpet. Many ppl dont knw that right now one of d best governor in Nigeria today is Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state. Bt jus cos kano state government and their ppl dont engage much on PR propaganda, they will nt knw d massive human and economic development goin on in kano state now.

Ciao

8 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by prophetone(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2014
Baze University

Baze University is located in Abuja, Nigeria. It was established in 2011 and is a private university.

Baze delivers quality by having experienced international staff, superb teaching equipment, overseas external examiners, and first-rate buildings to guarantee standards. Baze aims to provide university education to British standards in Nigeria at about half the cost.

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by abdulkayus(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: And all the stolen crude oil, ransome for kidnap, militancy, government patronage, fat budget, 13% derivation has failed to transformed the Niger Delta making it look like one hell of a cisse pit. That's one features of failures, making excuses and looking for whom to blame for their backwardness. Better management and judicious used of these allocations to the south south would have made Abuja look like one country home, but no, the leaders, typical of Nigerian opportunist are more concern about self than the general well being of the people. You will do well to direct your grievance to them.

U dey mind d guy. Do u knw dat despite d more money dey accrued frm d FG and oil companies amd with their small population, many states in d north are still far better than wat dey are.

3 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Shinatu: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2014
All na national cake enhanced wealth, anyway I like this guy

Usman Dantata | Anadariya

Na so rich man pickin suppose be, work with what is on ground, obtain good education targeting improving what is on ground and then expand with emerging technologies, creating jobs and impacting life. Well done!

3 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Brandomg: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2014
experimentist: weh dem dey? Ubansu ya ci uwasi
A hankali dai. Kada muzama kamarsu.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Tessy2009(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2014
God Bless you my man for this wonderful and thought provoking response. until some people actually leave their cocoons to see the bigger world in Nigeria, they may not have a very good understanding of the country called Nigeria. We need one another to be Stronger. Long Live "UNITED" FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Lordlexyy: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Bro data from examination bodies and Ministry of Education do not lie. Yobe state had a cut off of 2 while Anambra had 139 as cut off in the same Exam.

Do not derail this nice thread by starting unreasonable and illogical comparisons.
Why Yobe, why not Kaduna or bauchi or even katsina? Beside, data from examination body do not hold credence to the true state of things. We have seen very educated northerners that one begins to wonder if the education ministry hasn't made the mistake of lowering their cut off mark. Provide a level playing field and these people will still excel.
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Arsenate(m): 10:36am On Aug 04, 2014
abdulkayus: BEWARE The bigots don dey show small small. Dey never wanted to hear any good news abt d north, it give dem running stomach.
North are nt known to blow their trumpet. Many ppl dont knw that right now one of d best governor in Nigeria today is Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state. Bt jus cos kano state government and their ppl dont engage much on PR propaganda, they will nt knw d massive human and economic development goin on in kano state now.

Ciao
have you been to Gombe? that's one fine town. truly northerners don't blow their trumpets. they just go about doing their things quietly.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Ezemust: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2014
owolabifunke14: Hi guys, am back cool
u welcm jare.hw was ha vacation?
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Lordlexyy: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Why Yobe, why not Kaduna or bauchi or even katsina? Beside, data from examination body do not hold credence to the true state of things or reflect on the quality of pupils. We have seen very educated northerners that one begins to wonder if the education ministry hasn't made the mistake of lowering their cut off mark. Provide a level playing field and these people will still excel.

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: Why Yobe, why not Kaduna or bauchi or even katsina? Beside, data from examination body do not hold credence to the true state of things. We have seen very educated northerners that one begins to wonder if the education ministry hasn't made the mistake of lowering their cut off mark. Provide a level playing field and these people will still excel.

I do not want to derail this beautiful thread. Here's a full list of the cut off marks for all 36 states;

Abia - Male(130) Female(130)
Adamawa - Male(62) Female(62)
Akwa-Ibom - Male(123) Female(123)
Anambra - Male(139) Female(139)[
Bauchi - Male(35) Female(35)
Bayelsa - Male(72) Female(72)
Benue - Male(111) Female(111)
Borno - Male(45) Female(45)
Cross-Rivers - Male(97) Female(97)
Delta - Male(131) Female(131)
Ebonyi - Male(112) Female(112)
Edo - Male(127) Female(127)
Ekiti - Male(119) Female(119)
Enugu - Male(134) Female(134)
Gombe - Male(58) Female(58)
Imo - Male(138) Female(138)
Jigawa - Male(44) Female(44)
Kaduna - Male(91) Female (91)
Kano - Male(67) Female(67)
Kastina - Male(60) Female(60)
Kebbi - Male(9) Female(20)
Kogi - Male(119) Female(119)
Kwara - Male(123) Female(123)
Lagos - Male(133) Female(133)
Nassarawa - Male(58) Female(58)
Niger - Male(93) Female(93)
Ogun - Male(131) Female(131)
Ondo - Male(126) Female(126)
Osun - Male(127) Female(127)
Oyo - Male(127) Female(127)
Plateau - Male(97) Female(97)
Rivers - Male(118) Female(118)
Sokoto - Male(9) Female(13)
Taraba - Male(3) Female(11)
Yobe - Male(2) Female(27)
Zamfara - Male(4) Female(2)
FCT Abuja - Male(90) Female(90)

http://www.assessmentng.com/2013/05/22/2013-national-common-entrance-examination-cut-off-marks-released-state-by-state/ for the complete list.
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by IGBOSON1: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2014
meforyou1: see hausa fulani people praising themselves and everybody is saying nice one, fp. let it be the igbos now that are showcasing the numerous billionaires, multi-millionaires and industries in igboland, all the members of the greater opc nairaland branch will invade the thread talking all manners of rubbish.

^^^It's an unwritten rule that you're allowed to be a billionaire, the richest black man in the world, own multi-billion dollar investments, and gain monopolistic advantages through gov't backing......you're allowed to be and gain all this just so long as you're not Igbo, or else be prepared to receive the bitching of your life, with accusations of being greedy, avaricious, monopolistic and promoting nepotism!

Igbo haters will see the individuals on this thread, ensure they're not Igbo, and then go to bed and sleep peacefully with a broad smile on their face.......the world is spinning normally and all is well! wink

5 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by AMvanquish: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2014
Apart from the Dantata's, Isyaka rabiu's, Kabo etc. Some of these are businesses are at least two (2) generations old. Predates Nigeria.

1.Sharubutu Group

The late Umaru Sharubutu was the founder of the Sharubutu group of businesses, which has continued to thrive over the years in Kano and beyond. Sharubutu, who was born in 1853 died in 1947. He started out as a general trader, travelling from Kano to Lagos with wares such as necklaces, earrings, clothes and some other products, which he sold in the South and would buy kola nuts in large quantities to sell in Kano, having discovered a market for them in the North.

In 1913 Sharubutu entered into a new phase of trade, following an offer by European traders to help them buy groundnuts, a fast-selling economic produce then. For Sharubutu, it was a great opportunity. He, however, made huge losses and so soon quit the business.

But as at 1947 when Sharubutu died, he had acquired much and owned several business holdings in Borno, Bida, Ilorin, Kano, Lagos, Lokoja and Accra, Ghana. Today, Sharubutu’s businesses operate under Sharubutu Investment Company Limited, Sharubutu and Sons Nigeria Limited, etc and have produced the likes of Sa’ad Sharubutu, the managing director and chief executive officer (CEO). The company represents Procter and Gamble, a multinational company, as a key distributor in Nigeria.

2. Nabegu Tannery, Kano
Nabegu is the name of a Bunture, Kano industrial family. The family over six generations are prominent traders in the hides and skin and cattle business during the colonial economy and later owned the largest tannery in kano during the post colonial economy. Like many of their contemporaries, they were also involved in the transportation business. A patriarch of the family, Alhaji Nabegu was a major cattle dealer from Kano during pre world war 1 and after the war. He was born into a trading family and may have joined trading expeditions with his father's traders to purchase Kola nuts. In 1911, he established his own business and originally followed his father's footsteps and entered the kola trade with cattle trading on the side. However, he sensed better opportunities to succeed in business by buying cattle and was one of the first to establish a regular supply line with pastoral Fulanis. He used inducement such as salt to help in persuading to Fulanis to part with some of their cattle and later became one of the major cattle suppliers in Kano. Also, the security provided by the British imperial interest may have fostered trade and development South of Kano leading to increase demand for cattle. Nabegu was also a notable social climber, he had matched and exceeded many Fulanis in a major pride of prestige, cattle owning and was a member of the Northern Nigeria Assembly. His son, Baba Nabegu is also a major industrial figure in kano.

3. Sani Brothers Group Of Companies

56-year-old Alhaji Abdulmunaf Sarina moved into the family business empire, Sani Brothers Limited, in 1971. At the time, the company was solely a transportation company.

His prudent quality and analytical business acumen led to the establishment of the first petrol station at Tanburawa, Kumbotso local government council of Kano State, a result of his putting to use knowledge gleaned from the transport business. This was followed by his expansion to oil and gas. Today, the company is known as Azman Oil and Gas.

The latest addition, Azman Air Services Limited was established in 2010, with major business branches in Kano, Lagos and Abuja. Azman offers local air travel services with hopes to extend to international services in the future. Azman Air Services Limited has a workforce of over five thousand and the transportation company owns no less than 250 trucks.

Now known as Sani Brothers Group of Companies, it is chaired by Alhaji Sani Yunusa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibrahim Magu In London Over Diezani's Investigation (Photos) / Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried / Saraki Visits His Family House In Agbaji, Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.