Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production (9212 Views)

US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m / Africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote To Invest In Tanzanian Coal Mine / FG May Consider $1billion Euro Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by abdulkayus(m): 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
Africa's richest man and chairman of
Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote has invested
$1billion in rice production in Nigeria.
The signing of the $1billion-dollar Rice
Investment Memorandum of Understanding
(MoU), between the Federal Government
and Dangote Group held at the State House,
Abuja yesterday August 1st
The Minister of Agriculture, Adewunmi
Adesina and Alhaji Dangote signed on behalf
of the Federal Government and Dangote
Group respectively.

Commending Dangote Group, president
Jonathan said the investment is the single
largest investment ever made in rice
production in Africa. He thanked Alhaji
Dangote for investing in agriculture and
assured him that his investment will be
worthwhile.

President Jonathan said he looked forward
to a time Nigeria will be self-sufficient in
rice production and a net-exporter of the
grain, adding that the Federal Government
will protect Nigeria’s borders and check
smuggling.
"Government cannot allow its borders
to be porous. We are working on non-
human measures and smugglers should
have a rethink now and change their
ways by investing their resources in
other meaningful areas,” he said.
In less than four years, Nigeria hopes to
become a net-exporter of rice. The Dangote
Group’s investment in rice will cover five
states and contribute additional 1.4 million
metric tonnes of Paddy rice.
Alhaji Dangote thanked the President for
the consistency of government policies,
noting that the current $25 billion-dollar
Dangote Cement Company was the result of
the consistency of government policies. He
assured President Jonathan, “We will
continue to work hard and will not
disappoint you.”

source : http://www.lindaikeji..com/2014/08/photos-aliko-dangote-invests-1billion.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by abdulkayus(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dangote and Agric Minister Dr. Akinwumi
Adesina at the signing at the State House,
Abuja yesterday

6 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by abdulkayus(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dangote and Agric Minister Dr. Akinwumi
Adesina at the signing at the State House,
Abuja yesterday....

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by abdulkayus(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
more

6 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Caseless: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
This agric minister, adesina, seems to b d only working minister.
He's jst d commited type.

24 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by MrKnowitall: 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
caseless: This agric minister, adesina, seems to b d only working minister.

I was even thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Caseless: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
MrKnowitall:

I was even thinking the same thing.
i dnt knw which state he come frm. But i'm sure he's gonna make a good govno i.e if somebody better than him is not occupying that seat right now.
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by shadowwalker101: 2:58am On Aug 04, 2014
Wow thats good
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Amanyanabo(m): 3:03am On Aug 04, 2014
caseless: i dnt knw which state he come frm. But i'm sure he's gonna make a good govno i.e if somebody better than him is not occupying that seat right now.
he is from ogun state and he is actually ones of the few ministers who are committed and know what they r doing nd i blieve very we r going to b self sufficient in rice production

This dangote sef na every where him wan put head

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by splashbaby(m): 3:05am On Aug 04, 2014
Transport deal must also be signed with this man....railway from Lagos to Obajana...Lagos to Ibadan direct. He cannot be destroying our roads and killing our people with his trucks everyday

15 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by shadowwalker101: 3:10am On Aug 04, 2014
Wow thats good
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Tolexander: 3:11am On Aug 04, 2014
One of the yielding transformation agenda of Mr President. Just because the minister in charge knows what he is doing!

7 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by DaVinChiSam(m): 3:14am On Aug 04, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by jemby: 3:32am On Aug 04, 2014
Aliko the wise man,Keep buying the country,you can change the name from Nigeria to Dangeria in few years. This was what MKO Should have done instead of making them give him rat poison.

18 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by rozayx5(m): 3:41am On Aug 04, 2014
jemby: Aliko the wise man,Keep buying the country,you can change the name from Nigeria to Dangeria in few years. This was what MKO Should have done instead of making them give him rat poison .

i wonder why he delved into politics in that dangerous era of dictators undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Celepope: 3:45am On Aug 04, 2014
jemby: Aliko the wise man,Keep buying the country,you can change the name from Nigeria to Dangeria in few years. This was what MKO Should have done instead of making them give him rat poison.
Abiola was cursed therefore he didn't know what he was doing and this led to his tragic end "He whom the gods want to kill he first make run mad"-Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by DaVinChiSam(m): 3:57am On Aug 04, 2014
Amanyanabo:

This dangote sef na every where him wan put head
. The guy go soon Buy Nigeria
Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by LMAyedun(m): 4:36am On Aug 04, 2014
caseless: This agric minister, adesina, seems to b d only working minister.
He isn't only commited, handsome & intelligent as well.

Few of his type will transform Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by BrokenTV: 4:54am On Aug 04, 2014
splashbaby: Transport deal must also be signed with this man....railway from Lagos to Obajana...Lagos to Ibadan direct. He cannot be destroying our roads and killing our people with his trucks everyday
You just say what on my mind, just last week his truck killed 10 to 18 people in my town when the trailer jammed a bus as a result of reckless driving in Anambra state.

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by dridowu: 4:57am On Aug 04, 2014
owo abu ni afi se abu la le jo

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Project400: 5:11am On Aug 04, 2014
wow!

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by NaLaugh: 5:41am On Aug 04, 2014
Yeah, he mentioned that the last time we were golfing lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Blaqsmith(m): 5:46am On Aug 04, 2014
Is Dangote the only private investor in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by ican2020: 5:46am On Aug 04, 2014
God bless this man.

Why great men are constantly making great moves, bad bellies keep on looting

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by miky(m): 5:56am On Aug 04, 2014
Blaqsmith: Is Dangote the only private investor in Nigeria

No just the only one that cares do develop this country with his money.. many other nigerians with that money have luxury lives overseas they dont even watch nigerian news talkless of coming to invest lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

14 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by conyema12(m): 5:57am On Aug 04, 2014
BrokenTV:
You just say what on my mind, just last week his truck killed 10 to 18 people in my town when the trailer jammed a bus as a result of reckless driving in Anambra state.

lol.....the worst part is that Nigerian Road safely cares less about the wreckage from those trucks. They are there causing more accidents....if owerri to onitsha express way can talk, it will tell u better. .

4 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Blaqsmith(m): 6:07am On Aug 04, 2014
miky:

No just the only one that cares do develop this country with his money.. many other nigerians with that money have luxury lives overseas they dont even watch nigerian news talkless of coming to invest lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
in a country of over 160m Bro,strings are attached dia.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 04, 2014
Tolexander: One of the yielding transformation agenda of Mr President. Just because the minister in charge knows what he is doing!
If only you can look with both eyes and without prejudice, you'll see other working ministers/appointees of the govt.

For instance, there is Olusegun Aganga of trade and investment ministry (a portfolio created by GEJ), Okonjo Iweala of finance (mid-wifed creation of sovereign wealth fund in spite of stiff opposition by governors, YOUWIN, 10,000 housing schemes, integrated pay roll system that is eliminating ghost workers syndrome in the federal civil service, etc), Omobola Johnson of ICT, Mike Onolememe of works, Prof Nebo of power, Sam Amadi of NERC (has now made it possible for state governors to build power plants, embedd it and distribute it locally), Prof Jega of INEC, etc etc.

Finally, you will agree with me that it takes a sincere, great and focused leader to assemble a team with the likes of Akinwumi Adeshina. GEJ did not just assemble this team, he has been giving them all the political support and the backborn to succeed. Yes, all the problems have not been solved but that is because all the problems cannot be solved in one day. Some of us have decided to give GEJ and his team a chance to succeed in 8 years. For instance, I believe that if someone like Akinwumi Adeshina cannot transform Nigeria's agric sector in 8 years, then maybe Nigeria is doomed to fail as a country.

11 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 04, 2014
A good and big move by Alh. Dangote. However this $1billion investment in rice production by Oga Dangote won't deter or scare me away from investing my chicken-change in same project.

BTW, I admire the guy a lot, he's my mentor and role model (in business) that I've never met.

8 Likes

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by YoursGEJ(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2014
abdulkayus: Africa's richest man and chairman of
Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote has invested
$1billion in rice production in Nigeria
The signing of the $1billion-dollar Rice
Investment Memorandum of Understanding
(MoU)
, between the Federal Government
and Dangote Group held at the State House,
Abuja yesterday August 1st.
Has he invested already or did they just sign to invest? Because if na ordinary signing, you go look for that investment you go tire

OP Please clarify the topic headline because I am confused

1 Like

Re: Photos: Aliko Dangote Invests $1billion Inrice Production by aminho(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2014
why is nobody calling him useless aboki bokoharam or stupid northerner?nigerians we are bunch of hypocrites

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

METAVERSE/NFTs Investors Hangout / How To Earn Passively With Questra Holdings Weekly / How Profitable Is Farming Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.