Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State (29913 Views)

Ebola Virus Scare In Calabar / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by ceo4eva: 1:32am On Aug 04, 2014

• Doctors place patients under watch
• FG, Lagos delegates visit TB Joshua’s church over influx of West African nationals

Palpable fear has gripped residents of Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, following news that two suspected Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) victims had been detected in the state.

This came barely 11 days after a Liberian, Mr. Patrick Sawyer, died in a private hospital in Lagos and his
remains were later cremated in the
state.

Speaking during a radio programme
monitored in Abeokuta, at the weekend, the state Acting Epidemiologist, Dr. Yusuph Akeem,
confirmed that two suspected victims were on surveillance in the state.
According to him, the state Ministry
of Health was already in possession of the names, addresses and tele­
phone numbers of the suspected
victims.
He also stated that the victims resided in the state but worked in Lagos State.
The state Director of Public Health, Dr. Yusuph Qudus, has revealed that
the health officials in the state had been holding series of meetings with their counterparts in Lagos and at the federal level to prevent the spread of the deadly disease.

In a related development, Federal and Lagos State health officials have visited the General Overseer of The Synagogue Church of All Nations, Prophet Temitope Joshua, as part of efforts to prevent the spread of the Ebola virus disease (EVD) in the country.

The delegation, led by Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, offered to work with the health team of the church in the areas of technical assistance, medical advice and training to ensure that no victim of the deadly disease resorted to the church from any of the affected countries undetected in search of cure.

The commissioner said the delegation decided to pay the visit to the church because of the recognition that it was an international Christian centre, which congregation comprised people from all over the world, including countries of the West African sub-Region already affected by the Ebola disease.
Idris said the visit was one of government’s strategies of sensitising faith-based organisations on the need to cooperate with the government to prevent the spread of the disease in the country by educating their
members.
He explained that the Federal and the Lagos State government were
working hard on how to prevent the spread of the virus to the country.
He said: “We have our strategies that we intend to share with you. Again, we need to know the resources you have here, because whether it is one or two cases, if they are allowed to get out, it is a major problem. We are here to work together on how to contain this disease.”

Also speaking, the Director, Nigerian
Centre for Disease Control, Professor Abdulsalami Nasidi, said the visit was to inform The Synagogue leader of the deadly nature of the Ebola virus and to ensure it did not spread in the country.

Responding, Prophet Joshua
promised to work with the government to ensure that the disease did not spread to the country.
The clergyman, revered for his healing powers, said he would put some measures in place to ensure that people from the already affected countries did not enter Nigeria. One of such measures, he said, was to visit any of the countries when necessary rather than allowing their residents come into Nigeria.
He also promised to suspend some of his major healing programmes for a few weeks, adding, “I am ready to work with you. I love my country and I will be ready to work with you. Even if it is a rumour, there is need to secure our environment to ensure that it is safe.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=75224

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by 42n8dzydoo(m): 1:52am On Aug 04, 2014
O.M.G
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by esqtony: 1:57am On Aug 04, 2014
Please keep us updated. We cannot afford the damage such disease might cause.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by tilipia(m): 1:59am On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmmmm!,i de reside close to his church,na 2 park my load and port 2 anoda location.

8 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by JECBOSS: 2:25am On Aug 04, 2014
tilipia: Hmmmmm!,i de reside close to his church,na 2 park my load and port 2 anoda location.
Lol.....The fear of Ebola!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Boyoboy9(m): 3:51am On Aug 04, 2014
Jesus! My bro da go camp for there tomorrow, I hope nobody is thinking what am thinking?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by DeHero1: 4:47am On Aug 04, 2014
Boyoboy9: Jesus! My bro da go camp for there tomorrow, I hope nobody is thinking what am thinking?

Eeyah... u love him but God loves him more.

I hope you're not thinking what I'm thinking too...

26 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2014
I pray things are tidy up fast,I know we don't have the facilities to tackle the Ebola epidemic,than to look up to divine grace.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by dridowu: 6:10am On Aug 04, 2014
tilipia: Hmmmmm!,i de reside close to his church,na 2 park my load and port 2 anoda location.
pls dont pack ur loads, u need to be quarantine 1st before you can mix withthe rest of us

45 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by SexyFox(f): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2014
And I am going to Ogun state for camping. Govt should just cancel camp already.
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by gaetano: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2014
grin

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by octopaul: 8:45am On Aug 04, 2014
Going to TB Joshua is a masterstroke.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by JECBOSS: 9:59am On Aug 04, 2014
May God Help Us!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by omenpetrol: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2014
there is GOD oh!!!
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Allansmith: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2014
DeHero1:

Eeyah... u love him but God loves him more.

I hope you're not thinking what I'm thinking too...

God forbid.....

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Tic4tac(m): 11:20am On Aug 04, 2014
Yeh!..God help ooo!
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by fiverrwin(f): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2014
This is serious
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2014
let's please stop the fear sad

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by bercarray(m): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola! Ebola!! Ebola!!! U don fly reach here abi?,me sf dn dy prepare,me and u go be lyk dz

9 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by chibwike(m): 11:22am On Aug 04, 2014
The way we are going about this ebola thing...e mean say if person get am for NL,.no body go even comment for em thread to avoid catching the virus grin

14 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2014
This site is becoming lame day by day... Why making much fuss about anything you hear.. Ebola ko Ebony ni... Oya put this my comment as a post on FP cox i wrote on Ebola Shiit

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by cococandy(f): 11:23am On Aug 04, 2014
They should reach out to other 'healing ministries' too.
Because it is a known thing that most people would rather go and pray and look for a miracle than visit the hospital when they have a sickness.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Allansmith: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmmm....Lagos,now Ogun.....Oyo had better starting preparing all available preventive measures.....

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by coolzeal(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2014
grin grin grin grin
dridowu: pls dont pack ur loads, u need to be quarantine 1st before you can mix withthe rest of us
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by fattbabakay(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2014
Can a Nigga just hear somtin else apart from 'ebola' ??
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by amokeze(f): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2014
It should not get to ota o....
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by ednut1(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2014
this is a global epidemic o
Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Fear dey catch me to go anywhere these days sef sad

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Funniez: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2014
To be frank, I am very grateful to God for making me discover this website called nairaland, evryday am updated abt d latest news nd important informations in Naija. Tanx to God nd to Seun. Back to d topic, what can I say that have not being said? Wel, God help us

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2014
The clergyman, revered for his healing powers, said he would put some measures in place to ensure that people from the already affected countries did not enter Nigeria. One of such measures, he said, was to visit any of the countries when necessary rather than allowing their residents come into Nigeria.

In other words, TB Joshua is scared of Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State by englishmart(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2014
we need not fear Ebola this much.

If not for the first letter of "Ebola" (E)
It would have been a yoruba name.
That explains the kind of affinity the virus has with yorubas.
cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Who Thought She Had Kidney Stone, Gives Birth To Triplets / 60-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Kano (Photos) / Photo Of Two Babies Sharing One Incubator At A General Hospital In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.