Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad (2295 Views)

5 Foods That Helps In Increasing Sperm Count. / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins / Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by kheart(m): 6:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Sometimes regardless of how much you shower and
how much deodorant you wear, you’ll still stink
because of your diet. The foods you eat can affect your body in other ways
than weight and nutritional needs—they can also cause you to smell good or bad as your body metabolizes them. In particular, these eight foods can leave those around you turning up their noses in your presence…

1. Coffee There’s a reason why the term “coffee breath” is uttered with a wince—it leaves you kinda stinky.
The caffeine in this obligatory morning brew
stimulates the central nervous system, triggering the sweat glands to emit odor as you perspire. The high acidity of coffee also causes bacteria growth and bad breath as the inside of your mouth dries out.

2. Fiber-Rich Foods
We’re told the more fiber (i.e., oats, quinoa, whole grains, nuts, vegetables and fruit with skin) in our diets the better for energy, regularity, and to satiate appetite. However, eating too many high fibrous foods (in excess of 5-grams) prior to strenuou activity can leave you sweaty, stinky, bloated, and flatulent as the large intestine digests and releases a buildup of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and methane gases.

3. Garlic
Garlic scares away more than just vampires! The reek can scare away your date as well when it emits from your pores due to the super quick breakdown of allicin into allin, a sulfur compound that’s released as strong sweat odor. However, the saving grace is that if you and your sweetie make a pact to dine on garlic together, you’ll likely never notice the stench.

4. Cruciferous Veggies Ironic that your children (and sometimes your spouse) turn their noses up at their broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Topping the list of most-despised vegetables, cruciferous cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts cause a barrage of rotten-egg
smelling farts due to their ability to cleanse the body of carcinogens and toxins.

5. Curry Spices
I love the exotic flavors of curry and cumin. However, despite the rich, delicious aromas that these spices create in masala and Indian dishes, they smell quite different after they permeate and linger in your pores, oftentimes for days. Once emitted (most likely when you sweat) the fragrance is far from pleasant.

6. Onions
Onions are a vegetable that is hard to shake when it comes to the offensive odor they give off. The undeniably bold flavor of onions is due to the pungent oils they contain. When consumed, these oils absorb into your bloodstream, seep into your lungs, and are released via the breath. Unfortunately, the onion odor is even more unpleasant if you like to eat them raw.

7. Asparagus
You’ve likely (although somewhat embarrassingly) smelled the effects of asparagus on your body—if you urinate shortly after eating the seasonal veggie.
Sure, spring asparagus is delicious, but the
aftereffects (aka: stinky urine) are caused by the digestive breakdown and emission of high sulfur compound, called mercaptan. If you’re one of the rare lucky ones who doesn’t experience offensive “asparagus pee” your body lacks the enzyme required to break down stinky mercaptan.

8. Red Meat
We all know that red meat is difficult to digest, and difficult to digest means that foods linger and collect bacteria in the digestive system, which leads to foul perspiration and bad breath. But don’t take my word for it, when a 2006 research study from the Czech Republic compared the perspiration of vegetarian males vs. meat-eating males the results showed that meat-eaters had far vulgar body odor.

Source: m.activebeat.com/diet-nutrition/8-foods-that-make-you-smell-bad/8/
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by kheart(m): 6:18am On Aug 04, 2014
grin i see, so this explains why mr bush coffee stinks more than ahmadinajad garlic.
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 04, 2014
Most of those mentioned up there are not for or used by Nigerians grin

thats why i hate onions
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by kheart(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: Most of those mentioned up there are not for or used by Nigerians grin

thats why i hate onions
dude like seriously? Well me hate foods without onions
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by okosodo: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2014
salad cream kai
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by spays(m): 7:18am On Aug 04, 2014
FUFU!!!!
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2014
Garlic, the smell is so strong and it lasts.
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 04, 2014
kheart: dude like seriously? Well me hate foods without onions
i put it in food but pick the entire thing out when eating
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by chymystique(f): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2014
Garlic, Cabbage and Onions are worse....... I don't consider the aroma of indian dishes delicious,imo its offensive.... Canned sardines shld b added to the list too
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by kheart(m): 8:44am On Aug 04, 2014
spays: FUFU!!!!
lol i dey alway block my nose wen i dey chop akpu/fufu
Re: 8 Foods That Makes You Smell Bad by kheart(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2014
i think ogbono should top d list, gosh how can pple drink soup dat taste and smells like soap? Ibos dey try sha

(1) (Reply)

Is This The World's Most Expensive Bread? / How To Make Chapman Drink By la'eloise Events / Best Cakes Ever Plus Pictures!! Abuja Residents Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.