Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN (48806 Views)

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by BedLam: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
(CNN) -- Three top secret, experimental vials stored at subzero temperatures were flown into Liberia last week in a last-ditch effort to save the American missionary workers who had contracted Ebola, according to a source familiar with details of the treatment.

A representative from the National Institutes of Health contacted Samaritan's Purse, the aid organization both Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol worked for in Liberia, and offered up the experimental treatment, known as ZMapp, according to the source.

The drug was developed by the biotech firm Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. The patients were told that this treatment had never been tried before in a human being, but had shown promise in small experiments with monkeys.

According to company documents, four monkeys infected with Ebola and then given the therapy within 24 hours had survived. Two of four monkeys that started therapy within 48 hours also survived, while one that was not treated died within five days of exposure.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html?iid=article_sidebar
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by hazyfm: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
A CURE? OR ANOTHER THEORY?

6 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by BedLam: 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
READ!

10 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
I pray this works out. The fear of ebola is the beginning of wisdom..this shouldn't be another black death saga.

10 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by BedLam: 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
They probably brought it from the fridge where it has been stored, waiting for decimation before revealing it tongue

18 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by kekakuz(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chai.
Secret serum

Oyinbo wey do pencil
Na dem do erazer

Create virus just to sell anti virusvirus embarassed

188 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Dedewizzy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
@OP Post a link where you got this news from and watch it fly to front page.

4 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by BedLam: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
BedLam: (CNN) -- Three top secret, experimental vials stored at subzero temperatures were flown into Liberia last week in a last-ditch effort to save the American missionary workers who had contracted Ebola, according to a source familiar with details of the treatment.

Why is it a TOP SECRET?
I thought ebola is a problem affecting the whole of "humanity"

8 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
Funny how it's the same company that manufactures Ak 47 that will still manufacture bullet proof.

27 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
I knew it. They had the anti-dote all along. They just cant see a white woman, who probably knew about the cure, die of their bio-engineered weapon.

5 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by suwailad(f): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
I believe the american doctors tested the virus on themselves and were expecting the serum (vaccine) but the stuff got too fast.well it will make much sense for america, they got the secret serum, more prestige, more power. The most evil thing that can happen is for someone to become a biological terrorist and attack usa with a deadly modified ebola. America is evil.

16 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by rozayx5(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
well if they know a way they can help sad
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by fr3do(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
These people have no conscience.
Tchaaii!
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
quid:
Why is it a TOP SECRET?
I thought ebola is a problem affecting the whole of "humanity"

No its a disease from us africans who can't do shit in this world but wait for help from white to help our miserable life...

@commenters doubting the cure
I bet most of u think others re as lazy as we africans are? No trust me right from the day their citizen was affected was the day their doctors nd pharmaceutical department start working hard to cure it...They don't sit arround lazy crying out about others..like Nigerians crying out about wat happening in isreal/palest btwn these 2 piece of sh..it country don't even see blacks as good smh

56 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Olucheye(m): 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2014

72 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by chiwuike20: 8:40am On Aug 05, 2014
Olucheye: Sometimes I'm just here wondering if all this new found incurable diseases found in Africa aren't just ploys to reduce the overthrowing population of Africa just like I have read in some 'Conspiracy Theorists books"

Ebola hits US citizens, and a 'Secret vial" was brought forth from SUB-Zero temperatures to save them. When have they had that vial and how long have they been experimenting with it in their labs??

Have you asked what goes on in those secret Labs of The US
How much diseases are cultured in the name of experiment??
Then vials brought out just to save them??

Is anyone reasoning alongside me??

Malaria I watched on some TED show has been wiped out in most continents of the world save Africa.. Yet in a bid to keep the mega pharmaceutical coys alive, Africa stays impoverished and dying every blessed day from bites.

Has anyone sat down to calculate the amount of subsidized meds we keep getting in form of health grants in Africa??
Fam, there's so much conspiracy theory behind all this new found diseases breaking out from Africa. I refuse to believe it's all natural.

in addition, i wonder why all d humanitarian doctors from all over world treating Ebola patients were not infected save an american doctor, who coincidentally, comes from a country that has d saving vials. another thing that triggers more suspicion is the purported complex nature of the d virus and how difficult it wud be controlling it. it is not difficult to see that all these mean west africa, and all of Africa in d future will be even more subject to the developed nations yet further as a result of d outcome dangerous virus, if ever it is real.

4 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by BedLam: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2014
It matters not if we like it or not, this is a wake up call for Africa! Stop praying and work! Get busy, research! Not just study for the papers that has no value. Nothing is free in this world, not in Freetown! What will it cost the Nigerian Government to commit 1billion$ to the research and development of Ebola drugs and vaccines? But no! we like being enslaved, waiting for the West.

47 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Tucees(f): 11:07am On Aug 05, 2014
Time will tell
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by shadowwalker101: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2014
oya let them bring the cure
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by amakufrancis(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2014
we pray so! IJN!
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by hazyfm: 11:09am On Aug 05, 2014
FOLLOWING ON CNN
What a success story
So happy...
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by bitterpenis(m): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2014
patiently waiting
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by EmmaOgbu(m): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by englishmart(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Just yesterday they said it costs so much to produce the vaccines that can cure ebola. They also claimed they are gonna remain less interested until it starts attacking westerners massively.

Nafdac Oya arrest the op now.

cheesy

cheesy

cheesy

cheesy

cheesy

cheesy

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Why is everything too much with us in Africa! This is purely a grand ploy by US to continually keep us on our knees in Africa.

Walter Rodney will be turning in his grave.

2 Likes

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Ahuitzotl: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2014
v..

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Over 60 doctors killed by ebola in liberia, currently doctors do not go to work cause of the fear of contacting ebola, there's more to ebola than meets the eye, personally I think it is airborne when the individual is in critical stage, hope the north will not become the new safe haven.

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by chelseabmw(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2014
So until it affects their own citizens before they will look for the cure?

Americans lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by tunde1200(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Then what are they waiting for!. They should do quick run all the necessary experiments and start using it foir human in africa exspecially.
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by caniva(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Who 1st discovered the Virus "EBOLA" ? Is it not the same Oyinbo people? So, if you want the cure, na dem go discover it. I BELIEVE THEM
Re: Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN by Bawss1(m): 11:12am On Aug 05, 2014
suwailad: I believe the american doctors tested the virus on themselves and were expecting the serum (vaccine) but the stuff got too fast.well it will make much sense for america, they got the secret serum, more prestige, more power. The most evil thing that can happen is for someone to become a biological terrorist and attack usa with a deadly modified ebola. America is evil.

You are not smart are you?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / Fake Medical Doctor Apprehended In Lagos (Photo) / 2 Elderly People Slump And Die After Alighting From Vehicles In Rivers (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.