Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Ebola Scenarios In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Scenarios In Nigeria (637 Views)

How Nigerian, AU Officials Maltreated, Cheated Ebola Volunteers In Liberia / Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo / Comparing Nigeria With Mexico In Two Different Scenarios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Scenarios In Nigeria by esere826: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
I wrote this in a hurry as I need to head home
I've not hard time to think it through properly to ensure it's not offensive or stuff like that
Re: Ebola Scenarios In Nigeria by esere826: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola virus as finally berthed on our shores
not one, but 2 confirmed cases
I must commend the Lagos state government for their almost proactive approach to this issue

I hope Ebele doesn't make a broadcast where he would say that "Ebola Virus is here to stay"

I sat back to think about the impact of the virus on the country
and typical of me, I began to draw up scenarios that could play out

I hope Ebola doesn't persist, however, if it does, there is no doubt that it could bring about some scenarios that I'd wish to point out.
Re: Ebola Scenarios In Nigeria by esere826: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Politics
Expect our State and Federal governments to use this as an oppurtunity to redirect and borrow funds
towards eradicating Ebola. I hope it doesn't end up in individuals pockets

Sales of Ebola defying products
This has apparently already started. My fears is that folks could feel confidient that this is the ultimate weapon, and end up becoming careless in other hygienic habits
I imagine a scenario where some after touching ebola infected materials will simply cleanse their hands with anti ebola products and then dig same fingers into into a bowl of Amala

Miracle cures
I do sincerely hope that invitations for ebola miracle cures do not end up attracting the infected to the none-infected and unwittingly unleeching mass infections if no miracles happen in those instances.
Afterall, not everyone who goes to a crusade to get healed does get healed.

The North
we are hearing of reactive but nevertheless quick interventions in the South. Hope the Nothern elites get off their bums and fight this if it gets there, not blaming Jonathan or saying its the will of God.
Fortunately, the muslim north buries their dead same day. This should limit contact with too many people.

Boko Haram
If Ebola persists and gets to the camps of Boko Haram, this would be the end of the insurgency. these guys practically bath in blood and would therefore be very susceptible to an outbreak.

...Finally, please guys stay safe and follow as much hygienic routine as possible

(1) (Reply)

The Man To Rule Osun State Is.... / Witches Say Shekau’ll Be Captured Before December / Is Nigeria Lossing the War to Bokoharam? Aftermath of Bama...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.