Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

The Spirit World. What's Your Take? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit World. What's Your Take? (10957 Views)

10 Amazing Facts About The Spirit World / We Live in a 3D World. The Spirit World is 4D Plus. / Michael Jackson's Spirit World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by twosquare(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
cococandy: Is it even real,that's what I need to know first and foremost.
yes it is....closely knitted to ours but when you're so entangled in the things of this world(earth),you won't see it nor know it...don't make your soul earthly.
This world of ours is not the real thing..it's like a shadow...the spirit realm is more real than the natural...ours is just like a reflection. We are unable to enter into higher realms away from the earth coz folks are too fleshy.

3 Likes

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
cococandy: undecided
Dey your lane oga.

Oh I'm sorry, i gave the wrong kind of answer.

How about this?
The spirit world is the world of souls where events are fated and souls are created in order to come to the physical plane to reify the events.

For you to get there, your soul/ spirit has to cross 7 seas and 7 forests. Then your spirit has to survive the Plains of Giants and Demons, where souls are either strengthened or annihilated.
Once your spirit/ soul crosses the plains, you will reach the Seven Heavens of the Seven Gods of the Andals and the first men. This is the entry to the spirit world and the place to ask for directions to your spiritual destination.

This journey of the spirit/soul is undertaken before birth and after death.

..,...........,,,,,hu hu hu, ka kaaa!

5 Likes

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Just park well for your lane smiley
Martian:

Oh I'm sorry, i gave the wrong kind of answer.

How about this?
The spirit world is the world of souls where events are fated and souls are created in order to come to the physical plane to reify the events.

For you to get there, your soul/ spirit has to cross 7 seas and 7 forests. Then your spirit has to survive the Plains of Giants and Demons, where souls are either strengthened or annihilated.
Once your spirit/ soul crosses the plains, you will reach the Seven Heavens of the Seven Gods of the Andals and the first men. This is the entry to the spirit world and the place to ask for directions to your spiritual destination.

This journey of the spirit/soul is undertaken before birth and after death.

..,...........,,,,,hu hu hu, ka kaaa!
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
Have you had first hand experience like benodic says he has?
twosquare: yes it is....closely knitted to ours but when you're so entangled in the things of this world(earth),you won't see it nor know it...don't make your soul earthly.
This world of ours is not the real thing..it's like a shadow...the spirit realm is more real than the natural...ours is just like a reflection. We are unable to enter into higher realms away from the earth coz folks are too fleshy.
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
cococandy: Just park well for your lane smiley

Hu hu hu Hu hu hu Hu hu hu Hu hu hu Hu hu hu Hu hu hu Hu hu hu Hu hu huHu hu hu Hu hu hu Hu hu hu..........................................
[size=130pt]kaaa Kaaaaa!!!!!!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
So this is what floats your boat?

Arrant codswallop + Christianity + Sikhism = Eckankar

[b]"According to the Eckankar glossary, the term Eckankar means "Co-Worker with God".[5] ECK is another word for the Holy Spirit, also known as the Audible Life Current, Life Force, or Light and Sound of God.[6]:55
Eckankar is described as "Religion of the Light and Sound of God". Eckankar has also been described as "The Ancient Science of Soul Travel,", "The Path of Total Awareness," and "A Way of Life". The header on the main Eckankar website says "Eckankar, Experience the Light and Sound of God" and the footer reads, "Religion of the Light and Sound of God".
Linguistically, "Eckankar" derives from Ekankār or Ik Oankār (Punjabi Eka Omkāra), a name for God given by Guru Nānak and the very first word of the Mūl Mantra (recited everyday by Sikhs), the Japjī Sahib, and the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh holy scriptures). The word ek or ik is the number one in Hindī, Urdu, and Pañjabī (from the Sanskrit eka). "Ekankar", when written in the Gurmukhī alphabet, is one of the two symbols of the Sikh faith (the other being the khanda) and can be found written or drawn on Sikh items and motor vehicles and in all Sikh edifices and Gurdwāra (temple). As the Eckankar website notes, "Many Eckankar terms trace their historical roots to the Far East; however, they have their own meaning and application in Eckankar."[7]"
[/b]

lmao, it is always the Africans that are at forefront of stupidity. Eckankar my balls. Soul travel ko, Soul Plane ni

5 Likes

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by twosquare(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
cococandy: Have you had first hand experience like benodic says he has?
No...i was taught through revelation....i wouldn't want that without a guide.
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
Pardon my many questions. smiley smiley

How can one differentiate between visions,trances and hallucinations?

twosquare: No...i was taught through revelation....i wouldn't want that without a guide.
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by twosquare(m): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
cococandy: Pardon my many questions. smiley smiley

How can one differentiate between visions,trances and hallucinations?

hallucinations is just imagining things that aren't there...it can occur when under the influence of alcohol or other substance that can mess up with the brain...having malaria too can cause it grin Nothing meaningful comes out such experiences.
Visions&Trances are very similar..hardly differentiable. Visions do come while your eyes are wide open,as if you're watching some sort of screen...but trance do occur sometimes half concious...like you want to fall into sleep...yet you're seeing things.
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by benodic: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ cococandy

I've been exposed to the ECK.

You don't know how many eckankar teachings I've sat through.
Even chants of HU HU HU did nothing for me.

Maybe I'm faithless
I've always been on the quest for truth anyway.

you actually had the key right in your hands that would have open the door to those inner worlds for you but unfortunately you were not patient enough. exploring the inner worlds has nothing to do with faith. faith comes after experience which becomes your authority.
i had my doubts when i first came in touch with the teachings of ECK but i was determined to experience things for myself.
i sang the HU diligently for up to 6 months before i started having soul travel experiences.

i later came to realize the way HU works and why it may take some time for someone to have experiences faster than others. when someone starts singing the HU, it starts the process of spiritual purification because nothing that is impure can see God. it starts clearing the layers of dirt that covers the spiritual eyes. the time for this clearing process depends on the amount of dirt and how diligently the person is doing the spiritual exercise. so really the ball is your court.

the kingdom of God is for the bold and courageous and requires discipline, determination and unshakable trust in Divine Spirit.
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
quote author=benodic]
@ cococandy

you actually had the key right in your hands that would have open the door to those inner worlds for you but unfortunately you were not patient enough. exploring the inner worlds has nothing to do with faith. faith comes after experience which becomes your authority.
i had my doubts when i first came in touch with the teachings of ECK but i was determined to experience things for myself.
i sang the HU diligently for up to 6 months before i started having soul travel experiences.

i later came to realize the way HU works and why it may take some time for someone to have experiences faster than others. when someone starts singing the HU, it starts the process of spiritual purification because nothing that is impure can see God. it starts clearing the layers of dirt the covers the spiritual eyes. the time for this clearing process depends on the amount of dirt and how diligently the person is doing the spiritual exercise. so really the ball is your court.

the kingdom of God is for the bold and courageous and requires discipline, determination and unshakable trust in Divine Spirit.

[/quote]

Really? Ok.
Not sure of my patience to put this to test though but I'll try.
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by daryoor(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
different teaching here and there.
some people postulate assension and dimensions.
some people talk about parallel plains.
christains will come with heaven and hell afterlife.
greeks will say im going to meet hades in d underworld when i die
my Yoruba four fathers said i will reincarnate as babatunde or elsewhere to anoda family.

make una no disturb my life o. cause i know say all of una pata pata dey lie, una theories dey crazy like headless chicken way dey struggle run.

no be yesterday una(scientists) discover africa? after another millennium im sure we would have gone far enough to answer all this mysterious questions

1 Like

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 17, 2014
I've had an experience I couldn't explain, but I don't know what the hell it was and decided not to speculate. Who needs more questions to deal with? Not I.

I'd recount it if I didn't think someone might question my eyesight/sobriety/sanity lol.

Off topic: OP, you're hott! smiley
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pray tell.
I actually prefer info from the people who had the experience themselves.

Really me hot?
Thanks hun kiss
EnlightenedSoul: I've had an experience I couldn't explain, but I don't know what the hell it was and decided not to speculate. Who needs more questions to deal with? Not I.

I'd recount it if I didn't think someone might question my eyesight/sobriety/sanity lol.

Off topic: OP, you're hott! smiley
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by traware(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Martian: So this is what floats your boat?

Arrant codswallop + Christianity + Sikhism = Eckankar

[b]"According to the Eckankar glossary, the term Eckankar means "Co-Worker with God".[5] ECK is another word for the Holy Spirit, also known as the Audible Life Current, Life Force, or Light and Sound of God.[6]:55
Eckankar is described as "Religion of the Light and Sound of God". Eckankar has also been described as "The Ancient Science of Soul Travel,", "The Path of Total Awareness," and "A Way of Life". The header on the main Eckankar website says "Eckankar, Experience the Light and Sound of God" and the footer reads, "Religion of the Light and Sound of God".
Linguistically, "Eckankar" derives from Ekankār or Ik Oankār (Punjabi Eka Omkāra), a name for God given by Guru Nānak and the very first word of the Mūl Mantra (recited everyday by Sikhs), the Japjī Sahib, and the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh holy scriptures). The word ek or ik is the number one in Hindī, Urdu, and Pañjabī (from the Sanskrit eka). "Ekankar", when written in the Gurmukhī alphabet, is one of the two symbols of the Sikh faith (the other being the khanda) and can be found written or drawn on Sikh items and motor vehicles and in all Sikh edifices and Gurdwāra (temple). As the Eckankar website notes, "Many Eckankar terms trace their historical roots to the Far East; however, they have their own meaning and application in Eckankar."[7]"
[/b]

lmao, it is always the Africans that are at forefront of stupidity. Eckankar my balls. Soul travel ko, Soul Plane ni
I swear Africans are truly dumb!!!I stayed with an eckist family once and even followed them to their services on many occasions.What I realized is,eckists speak a lot about loving their fellow men but how can you love your fellow men when you don't have love for yourself?Nigerian eckists are ridiculous.Always 'huing',chasing ladies in their music bands and trying to feel important with their silly seminar.Don't ever be fooled,they are massive pretenders and are just as bad as other religious movements in this country.I believe they'll have a 'newish kind of year' celebration by October 23 or 24 yes?Always enough food to eat,liquor to drink and ladies to finger.Been there,done that

3 Likes

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
benodic:
There are other planes of existence apart from the physical plane which are on a higher vibration than the physical plane so our physical senses can not observe them. the plane closest to the physical plane in vibration is the astral plane and that is where many souls go to when they drop the physical body in death. souls also go there for brief visits during sleep, that is where most dream experiences take place. that is why you can see dead loved ones in your dreams.
so the spirit world as you may call it , is real. not a fairy tale.

This reminds me of Grail Message!
Used to read them in volumes while in College.
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
U pple shud be careful what u say on nl.., diaries a lot spirits on nairaland....
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
I'm eager to see one or more smiley
Okeikpu: U pple shud be careful what u say on nl.., diaries a lot spirits on nairaland....
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
cococandy: Pray tell.
I actually prefer info from the people who had the experience themselves.

Really me hot?
Thanks hun kiss
Be careful.... don't say I didn't warn u.... -.-)
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
cococandy: I've always wondered. Really is there a world of spirits?
I'm not talking about heaven and hell and God and his angels etc etc.

Some people claim to have a connection with the spirit realm.
Others believe our long gone ancestors are the inhabitants of the spirit world from where they can observe us and once in a while make appearences to whomever they chose.

Some believe spirits are just creatures of God in another world or time(sort of) who have limited interaction with us

I was told my grandfather claimed to interact with his great grandfathers and grandfatehr before he passed on just close to the time of his death. I believed it then,but now,I don't know.

Could he have been hallucinating as a result of very old age(he was quite old) or having memory replays that felt so real?

I've read and heard other similar accounts where living people believe they can see the spirits and understand them.

Share your experience.

Well let me tell u that there is nothing like that the Bible did not tell us much about it so we don't need to worry .God has protected us and spirits has no power over us
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
cococandy: I'm eager to see one or more smiley
pay me a visit then....
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
It's not about fear or whatever.
If anything I'd be afraid of my fellow human being first before any kind of spirit (if they exist).

I just need proof that they are real.

Okeikpu. Stop warning me joor.
Abi na you be the spirit?.
If you're a spirit then reveal yourself.
Infact I'm sure if you're one you'll be the one visiting me and not the other way round.
Since you can materialize anywhere u want to tongue
azuson:

Well let me tell u that there is nothing like that the Bible did not tell us much about it so we don't need to worry .God has protected us and spirits has no power over us
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
cococandy: It's not about fear or whatever.
If anything I'd be afraid of my fellow human being first before any kind of spirit (if they exist).

I just need proof that they are real.

Okeikpu. Stop warning me joor.
Abi na you be the spirit?.
If you're a spirit then reveal yourself.
Infact I'm sure if you're one you'll be the one visiting me and not the other way round.
Since you can materialize anywhere u want to tongue
O.k...tonight then...u ask for it -.-
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Waiting eagerly.

If I no see your spiritual form tonight just know I won't believe whatever you say again.
Okeikpu: O.k...tonight then...u ask for it -.-

If you're really real,you're very welcome to display the proof to me.
And promise not to harm me in the process. grin
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
cococandy: Waiting eagerly.

If I no see your spiritual form tonight just know I won't believe whatever you say again.
Only two things can save u tonight... so pray u make it before 2am..... I warned u earlier -,-
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
grin which 2 things?
Oga you're welcome o.
I'm usually awake way past 2am.
So will be expecting you.
I wan see u with my 2 eyes. No magic. No scares. No abracadabra.

Shey u go deactivate your account after failing to show up.

Okeikpu: Only two things can save u tonight... so pray u make it before 2am..... I warned u earlier -,-

2 Likes

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
cococandy: grin which 2 things?
Oga you're welcome o.
I'm usually awake way past 2am.
So will be expecting you.
I wan see u with my 2 eyes. No magic. No scares. No abracadabra.

Shey u go deactivate your account after failing to show up.

Death wey dey kill babydog no letam smell shitt.....It happened to me when I was 18yrs old....2001... I mean I was killed by a female ghost... I was nosing around like u till one day.....
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
cococandy: Waiting eagerly.

If you're really real,you're very welcome to display the proof to me.
And promise not to harm me in the process. grin
1: only ur ancestors can save u tonight...only if they care for you. 2: If u r still a virgin...that can save u also. We don't kill virgin ,imbeciles,dwarf & kids
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
I'm a married virgin.

Ok your own spirit world na only kill una dey do?
You no serious o.
You're asked for proof of your existence and you're talking about death.

Okeikpu: 1: only ur ancestors can save u tonight...only if they care for you. 2: If u r still a virgin...that can save u also. We don't kill virgin ,imbeciles,dwarf & kids

2 Likes

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by cococandy(f): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ok I get it.
Male ghosts kill females
Female ghosts kill males.

So apart from killing how else do you guys prove your existence?
And if you kill the person,who'll tell the story and provide proof that you actually came?. grin
Okeikpu: Death wey dey kill babydog no letam smell shitt.....It happened to me when I was 18yrs old....2001... I mean I was killed by a female ghost... I was nosing around like u till one day.....

1 Like

Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 12:35am On Aug 19, 2014
cococandy: I'm a married virgin.

Ok your own spirit world na only kill una dey do?
You no serious o.
You're asked for proof of your existence and you're talking about death.

I won't kill u.....:/ you r harmless.....! But I will pay you a visit... don't be scared when u see me...
Re: The Spirit World. What's Your Take? by Okeikpu(m): 12:47am On Aug 19, 2014
cococandy: Ok I get it.
Male ghosts kill females
Female ghosts kill males.

So apart from killing how else do you guys prove your existence?
And if you kill the person,who'll tell the story and provide proof that you actually came?. grin
I won't kill u....but I will kill someone very close to you.... I pleaded on ur behalf for more than 3hrs.... later we decided on someone very dearly 2you....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.