Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC (31109 Views)

Breaking News!! Nairaland Barcanista Defects To PDP / Breaking: Obasanjo Defects To Apc! / CJN Admits Prince OYINLOLA And Others As New Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by talk2smat(m): 12:44am On Aug 05, 2014
The estranged National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party and a former Governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, has said that he will defect to the ruling All Progressives Congress in Osogbo today.

When contacted on the telephone by our correspondent, on Monday, Oyinlola, who confirmed that he would join the APC, said: “So it is. I am joining the APC.”

Sources within the APC told our correspondent that Oyinlola would join the APC today at the mega rally of the ruling party which is scheduled to hold in Osogbo.

The development has generated excitement in the camp of the APC because the former governor is considered to be very influential in the politics of the state just as his defection is seen as a boost to Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s chances of securing a second term in office in the election holding on Saturday.

It became obvious that Oyinlola’s crisis with the PDP was far from being over as he stayed away from the PDP mega rally which was attended by President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo, the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu Muazu; and the leaders of the party last Saturday.

If Oyinlola defects to the APC as scheduled, then all former governors in the state would be members of the ruling party.

Aregbesola had disclosed recently at a campaign in Iwo that Oyinlola had become a member of the APC.

Aregbesola said, “When the PDP was united as one party, we defeated them. Now the good ones among them have left and are now with us. All former elected governors in the state are now with Aregbesola.

“The first elected governor, Alhaji Isiaka Adeleke, is with us; the second governor, Baba (Bisi) Akande is with us. The third governor Omo’ba (Prince), is also with us. I can say this but they cannot say it.

“But a former deputy governor, who was chased away from office is the one they are banking on to win the election, they are joking.

“Their candidate has never won any election and he cannot win this one. The only election he won was a gift to him from the prince and he did not win but the election was manipulated for him.”

The National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun; Chief Bisi Akande and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, had immediately after the defeat of Governor Kayode Fayemi by Mr. Ayo Fayose in Ekiti State, visited Oyinlola at his residence in Okuku to woo him to join the party.

Oyinlola is expected to be received by the national leaders of the APC at the mega rally.

The Chairman of the PDP in Osun State, Alhaji Gani Olaoluwa, when contacted, wished Oyinlola well in his new party.

Olaoluwa said, “There is neither a permanent friend nor a permanent enemy in politics. We wish Oyinlola well in his new party. But we are expecting him to congratulate us on August 10. We are expecting his congratulatory message after we might have been declared the winner of the election.

“The people of the state are against Aregbesola. So, no matter the number of former governors teaming up with him, he will fail. Aregbesola will soon become a former governor because Senator Iyiola Omisore is winning the election by the grace of God.

“The APC is now the party of former governors in Osun State. Aregbesola should be preparing to join the league of former governors.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/at-last-oyinlola-defects-to-apc/

16 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Roland17(m): 2:23am On Aug 05, 2014
Party politics in Nigeria has always been devoid of fundamental ideologies, politicians cross carpet at will without any sense of responsibility, it's a shame we have continually empowered these same political prostitutes through shady elections to impoverish the lot of the average Nigerian already bedeviled with daily challenges.

29 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by NaLaugh: 4:02am On Aug 05, 2014
Why do Nigerian politicians do nothing relevant but defect from party to party?

"in Chris Brown voice: "..these hoes ain't loyal.."

25 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by MissyDivah(f): 4:04am On Aug 05, 2014
It's none of my Business tongue

5 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by caesaraba(m): 4:05am On Aug 05, 2014
Dining-table politics of 9ja. These politicians make prostitutes look faithful.

40 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by seunlayi(m): 4:05am On Aug 05, 2014
another political prostitute from tief de pee to agbero people's Congress

16 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by rozayx5(m): 4:05am On Aug 05, 2014
NaLaugh: Why do Nigerian politicians do nothing relevant but defect from party to party?

1 Like

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Swagavillage(m): 4:06am On Aug 05, 2014
all Dis defecters and defectees...OK sha

maanwhile, GET MORE THAN #
250WORTH OF AIRTIME ON
ANY NETWORKUSING
WECHAT CHATTING APP

Read more. http://101.gs/3t6exma
Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by jayseehe(m): 4:07am On Aug 05, 2014
this means the gubernatorial election will be an easy ride for APC

Omisore should just concede defeat now, except if he has hopes of rigging the election.

38 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Adios

2 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by expert1000: 4:12am On Aug 05, 2014
1 criminal leavin PDP and increasing d number of criminals in APC

66 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 05, 2014
This was how a certain former governor defected prior to an election and we know how the PEOPLE VOTED.

15 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Sagytarius(m): 4:13am On Aug 05, 2014
talk2smat: Aregbesola said, “When the PDP was united as one party, we defeated them. Now the good ones among them have left and are now
with us.
All former elected governors in the state are now with Aregbesola.
Because He left PDP, he's become automatically a "good" one. Buh let him cross-carpet again, I'd like know what he'd be regarded as by then. smh for Nigerian politheifcians.

40 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by LMAyedun(m): 4:14am On Aug 05, 2014
Good for him.
As usual, he will soon run back.

3 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by ebukaresources: 4:14am On Aug 05, 2014
first day on nairaland

5 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 05, 2014
Wow, now that a thief cum murderer who rigged his way into the government's house, someone who spent 7+years doing nothing but embezzling the state's fund, someone who killed many to become governor and to stay in office has joined APC, coupled with RIG & ROAST, DOGS & BABOON, SERUBAWON & the charm master (the C-in-C of the STATE BOYS). We now know those to hold responsible for any break down of law & order.

21 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by LMAyedun(m): 4:17am On Aug 05, 2014
ebukaresources: first day on nairaland
Welcome to the family Bro!

6 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by pamcode(m): 4:17am On Aug 05, 2014
nt a neww thing in naija
Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Kalvan50: 4:19am On Aug 05, 2014
Sai Buhari.

Sai Buhari.

Sai Buhari.

20 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by lekhane(m): 4:20am On Aug 05, 2014
Nigerian politics can sometimes be interesting sha, just like nollyhood.
Oyinlola's defection is not unexpected following what has been going on in PDP.
I think this is a major boost for Aregbesola who many have claimed is the best thing to have ever happened to Osun state. Let Aregbe continue his good work. Omisore has lost this one already. #my opinion

17 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Blaqsmith(m): 4:21am On Aug 05, 2014
That u have all the former governors support doesn't guarantee u a success.learn from the concluded Ekiti election.Ayo Fayose walloped four (if not five) former governors (including the incumbent),about 7seven senators,unknown figures of the Member of the lower house,16serving members of the House of Assembly and many cabinet members.Election in Nigeria has gone far from Godfatherism...Osun people will decide on 9, not Oyinlola!

31 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 05, 2014
If any thief joins APC, he is a new creature, old things have passed away, behold all things become new. - PointB.

22 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by naijathings(m): 4:23am On Aug 05, 2014
Oyinola defects to APC..
this story sounds like it could affect my life positively..

i wish i could give a furkk about this news...

wait let me try..

wait let me try again..

still trying to give a furkk..

mehhhhhn this is very hard o..

i would if i could

but i cant

so i wont give a furkk if the whole word goes to APC or PDP

wetin consain me if he defect go APC STD HIV or MTV.

i still wouldnt give a furkk if beyonce' executes a coup and and becomes the president of Nigeria.

*piss on the thread and goes back to sleep*

16 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Hardheolar(m): 4:23am On Aug 05, 2014
naija polithiefcian madness..

1 Like

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Blaqsmith(m): 4:24am On Aug 05, 2014
ebukaresources: first day on nairaland
you are welcome cool

1 Like

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by gbaskiboy: 4:26am On Aug 05, 2014
Man has failed man in Rulership.

#Team Theocracy

2 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:28am On Aug 05, 2014
Atimes, politicians are like prostitutes

1 Like

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 05, 2014
Blaqsmith: That u have all the former governors support doesn't guarantee u a success.learn from the concluded Ekiti election.Ayo Fayose walloped four (if not five) former governors (including the incumbent),about 7seven senators,unknown figures of the Member of the lower house,16serving members of the House of Assembly and many cabinet members.Election in Nigeria has gone far from Godfatherism...Osun people will decide on 9, not Oyinlola!
That's what they've failed to understand, when Oyinlola contested against Akande, people didn't vote for him, they voted against Akande, during his second term, people prefer he stay in office rather than having another person from Akande's party. That's exactly what will happen on saturday, we're voting against Aregbe not for PDP. Yes Omisore has lost some votes in Okuku/Odo-Otin, but come Aug 10 you'll find out that all these "bigwigs" are irrelevant.

14 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by MrKnowitall: 4:33am On Aug 05, 2014
Jonathan will defect to APC in 2015.

7 Likes

Re: At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC by omona10: 4:33am On Aug 05, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

17 Things You Should Keep In Mind Everyday / Pa John Oluwole Adebayo Is Dead (the First Student Candidate, University Of Ife / Trailer Crushes Female NASPOLY Final Year Student To Death (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.