Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age (1519 Views)

Nigeria: The Major Out Come Of Buhari Visit To America In Detail / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan / Breaking News Prof. Jega Rejects The Out Come Of Presidential Election Read More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2014
1976: Ebola Virus was discovered in Humans in Congo. 316 victims were killed

1989: Nigeria's Maurice Iwu led team launched a search for the cure.

1995: Ebola outbreak in the same congo with about 335 people infected and 81% death rate.

1999: Nigeria's Dr. Maurice Iwu announced a cure for the virus in Garcinia kola compound(locally known as Bitter Kola), which has been successful in laboratory. In the words of Dr. Iwu

“The same forest that yields the dreaded Ebola virus could be a source of the cure.”

Instead of African leaders to take bull by the on, they were looking up to USA Food and Drug Agency for what I call "approval".

2014: The Ebola outbreak resurfaced, and has killed almost 1000victims across 4 West African Nations,including Nigeria.

Aug 4, 2014: It was announced that a Nigerian Doctor has been infected.

Aug 4, 2014: Two US Doctors that were diagnosed of the virus "miraculously" recovered after being administered a dose of drugs "under trial stage" by the same USA that said NO CURE/TREATMENT for the Virus.

Why did African leaders not insist on administering "Bitter Kola" on Ebola victims that was said to be infected for "TRIAL"? Bitter Kola is readily cheap and available in the market. Must we wait for the West? Why can't we take our destinies on our hands rather than sending fear to the mind of citizens? Between 1976 and now what has stopped d virus from spreading since "it was unstoppable and uncurable"?
It is time we take serious look into our local herbal drugs/medications that God has blessed us with which I believe are capable of neutralizing any virus or disease.

In the Words of General Murtala Mohammed at AU Meeting in 1976...

"...The time has come when we should make it clear that we can decide for ourselves; that we know our own interests and how to protect those interests; that we are capable of resolving African problems without presumptuous lessons in ideological dangers which, more often than not, have no relevance for us, nor for the problem at hand."

"...Africa has come of age. It’s no longer under the orbit of any extra continental power"

Long Live Africa

#Barcanista

2 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Prowizy2(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2014
K
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Prowizy2: K
What is k? why waste space when you know you don't have much to say?

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Prowizy2(m): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: What is k? why waste space when you know you don't have much to say?

KK

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 05, 2014
The views of the Nairalanders will be appreciated...

cc.. gbawe, demdem, firefire, obiagelli, ngakwe, arewefederation and all forumites
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by whirlwind7(m): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2014
Is it the same African leaders who have all converged for yet another round of a "sleeping summit", in America that you expect to show a dint of initiative?

Yes, if their American master doesn't provide a cure, then a cure couldn't be found.
In fact, escaping from their respective countries to go and kiss the ar$e of their master is a welcome relief for them.

Their countries are reeling under an epidemic, yet, going for an ill timed and unproductive sleep summit is what they deem important at this time.

Nah...expect nothing from these bunch of vision-less critters

3 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2014
Firefire: I have just responded to another post like this:
https://www.nairaland.com/1843568/ebola-virus-smell-conspiracy#25239628
I so get your drift. Since 1976 the disease couldn't spread and wipe off Africa. It has to wait for 38years to get its bearing. I don't see any cause for alarm as long as we patronize our local herbs and roots that has been keeping our forefathers healthy for years. Ages ago, the whitemen came to Africa and were KILLED by common mosquito bites. Our African fathers and Mothers that lived in the same Africa on bare chest and semi/naked body didn't die of the same Malaria. They patronized traditional doctors for their health needs. Today "AGBO" cures malaria in record time more than these overrated foreign drugs. It is time for Africans to look inward than remain in perpetual slavery years after "independence"

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by xynerise: 9:35am On Aug 05, 2014
Africans always prove to the world they are inferior and dependent. We have the cure but we still want approval from the West. Does that mean we are not sure of the cure or it is the norm that it must be scrutinized by the West before it can be tested?
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Firefire(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2014
I have just responded to another post like this:

Firefire:

I am fully aligned with your submission.

This Ebola, ebola, ebola noise is a huge conspiracy by the UN, WHO and the American government.

Ebola has been around since the ‘70s while sudden noise in 2014?

Unfortunately my business colleagues are afraid of coming to Nigeria by postponing the business meeting due to Ebola scare.

So, Boko Haram could not achieve their wicked prophesy of Nigeria break-up in 2015? They now introduce Ebola through the Liberia man to Nigeria abi

America continue, dearisgod. sad

https://www.nairaland.com/1843568/ebola-virus-smell-conspiracy#25239628

2 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by whirlwind7(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: This issue is a very serious one. Our herbs and local drugs has been sustaining our forefathers for ages and never wiped out Africa. We need to look inwards for the solutions to "African Problems" whcih i think is overrated. As at today, the fear of ebola caused by media publicity is killing more Nigerians silently than the virus itself.

Check out the time line you posted up there. That as far back as 1989 when Maurice Iwu and co embarked on that research, and yet, nothing conclusive was arrived at, shows you the kind of people Africans are.

Who knows if the Americans secretly understudied their research they couldn't conclude, and ended up formulating the "secret" cure they gave their own people.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by echobee(f): 9:45am On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: What is k? why waste space when you know you don't have much to say?
na fight? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 05, 2014
whirlwind7:

Check out the time line you posted up there. That as far back as 1989 when Maurice Iwu and co embarked on that research, and yet, nothing conclusive was arrived at, shows you the kind of people Africans are.

Who knows if the Americans secretly understudied their research they couldn't conclude, and ended up formulating the "secret" cure they gave their own people.
I agree with you. The Americans must have understudied Iwu's group research and brought their "secret" cure. Imagine the fear that these people are passing through the minds of Africa. We have our own Food and drugs Agencies, We have our Pharmacists and we have both Trado and Western Doctors. We have nature on our side. We need to stop the inferiority complex of "Made in Africa".
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Firefire(m): 9:47am On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: I so get your drift. Since 1976 the disease couldn't spread and wipe off Africa. It has to wait for 38years to get its bearing. I don't see any cause for alarm as long as we patronize our local herbs and roots that has been keeping our forefathers healthy for years. Ages ago, the whitemen came to Africa and were KILLED by common mosquito bites. Our African fathers and Mothers that lived in the same Africa on bare chest and semi/naked body didn't die of the same Malaria. They patronized traditional doctors for their health needs. Today "AGBO" cures malaria in record time more than these overrated foreign drugs. It is time for Africans to look inward than remain in perpetual slavery years after "independence"

Let assume Ebola is real and spreading as promulgated by the west, can’t we provide local herbs?

The rate of media propaganda on the ebola is alarming. I strongly feel within me that it is a huge conspiracy.

The infected Liberia man died, sad

The two Americans infected are responding to treatment with the locally made herbs in the US grin

The disease is uncontrollable

Nigeria Heath Minister has contacted America for the drugs

Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested - NAFDAC shocked

Africa, think!

3 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2014
echobee:
na fight? shocked shocked shocked shocked
My dear no be fight. but you know say na small "pikin" play be dat "k" thing for important issue like this.
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 05, 2014
Firefire:

Let assume Ebola is real and spreading as promulgated by the west, can’t we provide local herbs?

The rate of media propaganda on the ebola is alarming. I strongly feel within me that it is a huge conspiracy.

The infected Liberia man died, sad

The two American infected are responding to treatment with the locally made herbs in the US grin

The disease is uncontrollable

Nigeria Heath Minister has contacted America for the drugs

Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested - NAFDAC shocked

Africa, think!
The bold is so right. The media propaganda on ebola is just too much and they are succeeding in painting Africa in bad light. The Americans don't care about Africa's Interests but American Interest. They know that people will take their "drugs" serious when it "enters" Nigeria. So they used a Liberian-American as their tool. NAFDAC should work with Herbal Health Practitioners and other stakeholders rather than threat.

Dr. Chuckwu should not be too hasty to place order from BIG Daddy USA
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2014
Mynd44 seun Ngakwe please consider this thread for FP to give room for more views. Thank You
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by pazienza(m): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Ebola, just like HIV are artificial viruses made in labs, by the same people you expect to get a cure for you or allow you get the cure yourselves.

You think they would spend time to invent a disease,only to cure you of it or allow you get the cure yourselves.

You have no leaders, what you have are people they selectively groomed and empowered to run their investments( your country) for them,those you call leaders, only just happened to look like you,physically,but they are here to serve the interest of their masters.

Your leaders(Thomas sankara, patrice lumumba,Kwame Nkrumah, etc) were all killed. You have no leaders now.

3 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by thunderrider: 10:02am On Aug 05, 2014
The gun market is no longer flourishing

nao na biological war fare them wan shift to abi

DIARIS GOD

3 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 05, 2014
pazienza: Ebola, just like HIV are artificial viruses made in labs, by the same people you expect to get a cure for you or allow you get the cure yourselves.

You think they would spend time to invent a disease,only to cure you of it or allow you get the cure yourselves.

You have no leaders, what you have are people they selectively groomed and empowered to run their investments( your country) for them,those you call leaders, only just happened to look like you,physically,but they are here to serve the interest of their masters.

Your leaders(Thomas sankara, patrice lumumba,Kwame Nkrumah, etc) were all killed. You have no leaders now.
You forget to add Murtala Mohammed. You have points though. Why will African Leaders always seek Western Approval before doing anything? why can't them institute Investigation on the sudden spread of the virus after 38years of it remaining in Just one country-Congo? Do the villagers that refused "RED CROSS entry(Into their village) to treat them of Ebola in Guinea know something we don't know?
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 05, 2014
thunderrider: They gun market is no longer flourishing

nao na biological war fare them wan shift to abi

DIARIS GOD
Also In their bid to kill our plants and foods, they introduced DMO food. Imagine eating Artificial food instead of the natural one that is readily available in our villages. They are up to something.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2014
I created a similar thread in the health section on Africans hitting the bushes and forest to get harbs, I'm surprised at hasn't hit the front page.

2 Likes

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: I created a similar thread in the health section on Africans hitting the bushes and forest to get harbs, I'm surprised at hasn't hit the front page.
the MOD should do something and lets get other people's view. We must not wait for CNN or BBC as "source"

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by lekkie073(m): 10:46am On Aug 05, 2014
na to just dey chew bitter kola dey go be DAT na cool
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by tandj: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2014
I belived this is conspiracy by d western politicians and their drug giants.
I wonder why nobody is yet to contact it in d middle east or asia.

Other continents r wiser, we r dumb skulls.

It is a well researched fact that d west uses biological and psychological weapon to peg africa especially d black african to where they r now.

If a mum constantly continue to tell her small boy he is of no good and will amount to nothing without her and always putting it in practice, chances r that d said boy will grow up to have no voice of his own and overly dependent on others.

What do u get when we eat and breath d west.

1 Like

Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2014
tandj: I belived this is conspiracy by d western politicians and their drug giants.
I wonder why nobody is yet to contact it in d middle east or asia.

Other continents r wiser, we r dumb skulls.

It is a well researched fact that d west uses biological and psychological weapon to peg africa especially d black african to where they r now.

If a mum constantly continue to tell her small boy he is of no good and will amount to nothing without her and always putting it in practice, chances r that d said boy will grow up to have no voice of his own and overly dependent on others.

What do u get when we eat and breath d west.
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:
the MOD should do something and lets get other people's view. We must not wait for CNN or BBC as "source"

let's talk here
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
brito:

let's talk here
lolsssss, I am from Okrika. you?
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:

I can speak okrika very well
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 03, 2014
barcanista:

My mum is from Andoni and dad Bayelsa
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 03, 2014
brito:

I can speak okrika very well
really? why aren't you giving to PM?
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 03, 2014
barcanista:
really? why aren't you giving to PM?

I can't remember my pw
Re: EBOLA: Africa Has Come Of Age by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 03, 2014
brito:

I can't remember my pw
not here again... lol I will mention you in another thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aminu Waziri Tambuwal 2015 / Ex Minister, 2, 500 Others Decamp To APC In Edo. / Buhari Prays For Jonathan’s Impeachment •explains How He’ll Repay Loan Obtained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.