Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen (3101 Views)

Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen! (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by holyboy100: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
The most pitiable speaker at today's rally
was not the skelewu dancer, it is Prince
Olagunsoye Oyinlola. He seems to have
forgotten what royalty means and the
responsibility the title 'Prince' confers on
him. He has also forgotten the distinction of
military training, where integrity and loyalty
to troop is at its most valued! What a
shame
Former Governor Oyinlola, watched as his
former adversary rubbished his work of
seven and a half years as the Governor of
Osun state. He spoke and displayed atypical
disloyalty to his Party. He expressed
vengeance with no purpose or ideology.
More dismally, he publicly confirmed his
ingratitude to Senator Iyiola Omisore whose
magnanimity made it possible for him to be
Governor in the first place.
Read below excepts of the affirmation of
HRM Oba Okunade Sijuwade when the Vice
President visited him
'"In 1999, former Attorney-General and
Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, had
prevailed on me to advise Senator Iyiola
Omisore to serve as the running mate to
Chief Bisi Akande, despite the initial
agreement within the defunct Alliance for
Democracy (AD) that he would run for
governor, asking me to urge traditional
rulers in the state to support Akande. His
message was well delivered and when I
called Senator Iyiola Omisore, he did not
argue with me, but rather prostrated and
said 'God’s time is the best,'.
"Ahead of the 2003 governorship election, I
was visited by the late Chief S.M Afolabi and
his team, who confided in me that if a
primary was held in the PDP, Omisore
would win. They said I should call him again
and appeal to him to step aside in the
meantime. And when I called this young
man to appeal to him, he did not argue with
me but prostrated and said ‘Kabiyesi, God’s
time would always be the best.
"Omisore, then suggested Prince
Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who eventually
became the governor of the state in 2003'
Oyinlola wrote a new biography of his
political life presenting himself as a disloyal,
vengeful and ungrateful person. He wrote
into the annals of history that he lacks
integrity and the forbearance that
leadership requires. A previously enviable
political career dashed on the waves of
misplaced vengeance against his party and
that of his benefactor, Senator Iyiola
Omisore. He has chosen to co-habit with
people that hated him and wanted to ruin
him politically. He even went ahead to
admit that Osun people voted for
Aregbesola against him.
What a pitiable shame!

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by bbello28(m): 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dats politics grin
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
yepaa i cant believe my eyes ftc *dashes in* bring out drum* start dancing the witches in my village have failed*** haaaa someone has beaten me to it anyhw sha i still thank GOD for second
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by hazyfm: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
OP, WHATS THIS?

4 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by meforyou1(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
Osun is a PDP state and that shall be affirmed on Saturday.
That Islamic fundamentalist, ayotolla aregbesola, with his gemu, that put hijab wearing Muslims in a missionary baptist school shall be dethroned. Short and simple.

10 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by gbeseun(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Oy in ni ooo,ogbeni ni ogo.haters go and die
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by omenka(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
Op how dare you use morse code to try to communicate with the general public?? All what I see is: "swetgfy djktu kkdutsb nuthyst mfjkjsj kk?? Kdu, djajjjdu. Ddhsjy sjjsaiu lopussy, ejauyeh mumume dgaatdu!!"

Could you translate it to english please?

Thanks in advance.

12 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
The Oyinlola i watched today was regalled in glory irrespective of his beleaguered past as a PDP member. I was particularly astonished at his deft,witty and incisive stage craft and oratorical mannerism. His ijinle Yoruba was laden with anecdotes and wise sayings which left people like me wowed all through the time he spoke. APC sure provided the platform for Oyinlola to redeem his waned popularity

20 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by AWONEYAN(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
E dey pain u. Oyinlola only said the obvious truth! I rather salute him for his courage to drop his ego and publicly agreeing that aregbe is the man with enviable record. Aregbesola, osun ti dibo yan ee. Lekeji

13 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
soroptimist: The Oyinlola i watched today was regalled in glory irrespective of his beleaguered past as a PDP member. I was particularly astonished at his deft,witty and incisive stage craft and oratorical mannerism. His ijinle Yoruba was laden with anecdotes and wise sayings which left people like me wowed all through the time he spoke. APC sure provided the platform for Oyinlola to redeem his waned popularity

I agree with you in totality. I watched it and was surprised to see him reeling out the truth. Oyinla is a courageous man. August 9th will vindicate him.

5 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Zionope: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
soroptimist: The Oyinlola i watched today was regalled in glory irrespective of his beleaguered past as a PDP member. I was particularly astonished at his deft,witty and incisive stage craft and oratorical mannerism. His ijinle Yoruba was laden with anecdotes and wise sayings which left people like me wowed all through the time he spoke. APC sure provided the platform for Oyinlola to redeem his waned popularity

GBAM!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by MrMcJay(m): 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
OP, it is honourable to admit a mistake. Oyinlola made mistakes and he admitted them today.

However, PDP have turned people like you into guinea pigs for all manner of nonsense. Fortunately the electorate of the State of Osun are aware of this and come Saturday, you, the moustached murderer and the clueless retardeen would be beaten like drums.

4 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Iamdagreatguy(m): 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
meforyou1: Osun is a PDP state and that shall be affirmed on Saturday.
That Islamic fundamentalist, ayotolla aregbesola, with his gemu, that put hijab wearing Muslims in a missionary baptist school shall be dethroned. Short and simple.
Who says Osun is a PDP state,have you forgotten that in 2011 only osun state out of d south western states gladly voted for ACN candidate.Guy,,,goggle is your friend.I reside in state of Osun and I can tell u authoritatively that we're voting for AREGBE,,no amount of money and Rice can induce us.
@OP,, u can cry me a river.

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by ideycraze: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
OP,u failed to tell us why Omisore was not fielded in 2003

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Iamdagreatguy: .
Who says Osun is a PDP state,have you forgotten that in 2011 only osun state out of d south western states gladly voted for ACN candidate.Guy,,,goggle is your friend.I reside in state of Osun and I can tell u authoritatively that we're voting for AREGBE,,no amount of money and Rice can induce us.
@OP,, u can cry me a river.

Don't mind them my brother.
As you are going to vote for Aregbesola in your town, we are also going to vote him here in Ikire.
Together we shall re-elect the governor of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by duality(m): 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
So, when Aregbe says " PDP ruined this state before I came in" Oyinlola will nod in affirmation.

SMH and walks out of here. Only sycophants don't see Oyinlola for who he is, will they? No. Anything APC is right.

6 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 06, 2014

ofcourse, we know on jumping ship to the supporter of APC party he will immediately be Canonized as a saint!

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by padeolu: 5:35am On Aug 06, 2014
duality: So, when Aregbe says " PDP ruined this state before I came in" Oyinlola will nod in affirmation.
LoL
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Blaqsmith(m): 5:54am On Aug 06, 2014
Op,are u an alien?
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 06, 2014
APC beware as the supporters of APC keep shifting bases !

They will scatter where they are , jump bases to come and scatter another place !
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by teskyg: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2014
Yoruba are snitches.we saw Oni and now Oyinyola.Its a disgrace
Re: Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen by holyboy100: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
*Fact Said*

(1) (Reply)

What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election / Abubakar Shekau Is This Terrorist Leader’s Real Corpse? [PHOTO] / Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.