Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah (38751 Views)

Gambian President Gifts Nollywood Stars Plots Of Land / Photo: Abeg, Who Mumu Pass Between These Nollywood Stars? / Nigerian Celebrities/ Oaps & Their Fake British/ American Accents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by karpentar: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
maingwaest: . Rita actually stayed abroad ,UK to be precise most of her early life and then she went back to the US of A for college so she is good to go but that Tontolet of a girl en,na she dem go first jail.

It's a lie. Rita grew up in Aba and started acting at very young age with then NTV Aba. She was involved in a children variety program and later graduated from UNIPORT. Her father was never a medical doctor as she keeps claiming, rather the man, named Dominic was a church Pastor or priest.

Don't listen to all these stars. They lie so much about their background.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
MikeBetty: must u tribalise this topic? if u want to comment on this u do, or quit if u dont know what to say. u better die as a hater.
saying the truth is now tribalistic? Lets critise them so they can improve
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by youngvizzy1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Airforce1: Rita Dummynic and toto decay are guilty of dis offence
lmao, u get mouth o
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by davidif: 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Agybabe: Una never see anything.

The grammer wey one geh knack on Monday for the car park wey I go ehn! I wept in spanish! cheesy

It was so fake and incorrect. People were just feigning attention to her as she was addressing the driver, we were all shaking our heads, hissing and observing the drama. cool

When the bus eventually set on the road. This geh phone rang and while she was still answering the caller, I SNEEZED! grin

Attention was drawn to me because almost every naughty minds in the bus knew what caused me to sneeze. tongue

Of course, most sharp people chorus "sorry" and "bless you" in unison. cheesy

Few seconds later, I caught one guy updating about the "grammer and sneezing drammer" on Facebook.

There ris God o.

Abeg, can you explain what you jut wrote properly?
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by bankydd(m): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
londoner:

They learn different accents to fill specific roles.

They are not not just 'forming', which is what Nollywood actors and actresses do, for the most part.

fair enough..Why should it be a crime tho.. is Ramsey noah on weed

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
Okay. I speak with normal Nigerian accent and I am learning british accent i.e I am working so hard to fake it.

I love any girl with british accent no matter her look and I can kill for her. smiley tongue

Haters will die while I am rapping with my british accent. Girls will be tripping. smiley

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
ProfGday:
That's why you cannot made a simple sentence correctly.
#fakepeople
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by great664(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
kraftykc: This...this piece of garbage made it to the NL front page? Man...gone are those days when every thread of discussion made sense.
what is wrong with it making front page? †ђξ post is for people to comment for and against d idea.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by fightforchange1(f): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hahahaha!!
kind of funny when people fake accents.
maybe the guy will learn hopefully.
look I would have to do is go to university devote 3-4 years to a dxmn degree and all of that is relevant unnecessary.but then again maybe the guy has no not enough self confidence to attain such a to thing.
wanted to fake accent all you have to do the British
Citizenship. Hell go to the fxcking British Embassy.
what an idiot.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Engen(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
freda506: Lol. Even OAPs are guilty. Their accents are not traceable to any country in the world. grin cheesy

Men thank you for making me laugh with all that is happening...this was very funny

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by undefeated(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
but I feel this Lebanese boy called Ramsey is also guilty, So y cast a stone on others. abeg park well dangote trailer dey ur back
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Vinsaint(m): 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sub-title of de movies don dey get accent.
Mek i no talk about de thread for nairaland
ppl dey write with accent too. De way den
dey speak na de wey den dey write.
If sey na lie c dis example

But= Buh
If u get more add.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hmm. If Nigerians want to speak with British accent, with which accent should British people speak?

Complex. Of the inferior type.

makeitplain: If anyone speaks a foreign accent (american or british) very well, it shouldn't be a problem at all. If u have a problem with a Nigerian like u who has good spoken English, it must be that u are just jealous of that person.

However, I am not exonerating those Nigerians who speak irritating accent as putative British or American accent. We need to clarify that, I hate those too. But I hate those with bad Nigerian accent who are quick to castigate other Nigerians with better English accent as though they are hating their country just for speaking English the best way they possibly can.

Those who live abroad, most especially North America (US&Canada) know very well that u are at a significant advantage if u are able to speak English minimizing your African accent as mush as possible.

I just want anyone who is committed to speaking an improved accent by learning and understudying the native speakers not to be discouraged by some discouraging comments here cos it can be of good benefit for u somewhere abroad and in future.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by aadoiza: 6:14am On Aug 07, 2014
Ramsey Nouah turned out to be a dumb bloke after all.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Memphis357(m): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2014
Na L.A.F.A all of them get!!!
(Locally Acquired Foreign Accent)..
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by ebonyjummy(f): 7:05am On Aug 07, 2014
freda506: Lol. Even OAPs are guilty. Their accents are not traceable to any country in the world. grin cheesy
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by MikeBetty(m): 7:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Zedric: saying the truth is now tribalistic? Lets critise them so they can improve
Insulting and undoing people cannot be mistaken to critizing them. Respect people while commenting.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Z8(m): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2014
Just rubbish.. Surprised this got to front page embarassed
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by legacyint: 8:26am On Aug 07, 2014
Who made him the judge in his own case,if we are to go by what he said,na him go first go kiri kiri,lebanese de form briton.SMH
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by 9inches(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2014
DJDOLA: Most AOP are guilty of fake accent....especially that cynthia ajisafe of coolfm

Cynthia was born, 'bread & buttered' in the Uk, same with Maria of beatfm.. plus a host of others in the industry that I know.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by benELOHIM7(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2014
bloody bigot
Zedric: Thats why i only watch Yoruba and subtitled Hausa films. Ibo (abi na english) movies are a no-no for me, i just hate it when everybody speaks a fake accent
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Agybabe(f): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2014
davidif:

Abeg, can you explain what you jut wrote properly?

Okay, don't mind my crazyy way of writting.

I was just trying to describe what transpired at a park and in a bus when and while I was travelling to Calabar last Monday.

A lady was using fake British accent throughout the journey to communicate to the driver and with someone who called her on phone.

When she speaks, you find faults in the pronounciation, manner and etc.

Just then, she made a mistake, I sneezed in mockery, some people in the bus who understood why I sneezed, joined me to make further mockery of her fake accents by telling me "sorry" and "bless me".

Later, I saw a guy updating on facebook about the fake accent and the sneezing which took place in the bus.

Hope this is clear enough?
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Agybabe:

I was just trying to describe what transpired at a park and in a bus when and while I was travelling to Calabar last Monday.

A lady was using fake British accent throughout the journey to communicate to the driver and with someone who called her on phone.

Just then, she made a mistake, I sneezed in mockery, some people in the bus who understood why I sneezed, joined me to make further mockery of her fake accents by telling me "sorry" and "bless me".

Later, I saw a guy updating on facebook about the fake accent and the sneezing which took place in the bus.

angry angry angry
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Agybabe(f): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2014
Tizak:

angry angry angry
what?
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by BankuTilapia2: 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
karpentar:

It's a lie. Rita grew up in Aba and started acting at very young age with then NTV Aba. She was involved in a children variety program and later graduated from UNIPORT. Her father was never a medical doctor as she keeps claiming, rather the man, named Dominic was a church Pastor or priest.

Don't listen to all these stars. They lie so much about their background.

Who gives a fuccccck if she was with NTV or TVN, she graduated from UNIPORT or PORTUNI and if her father is a medical doctor or doctor medical. FOCUS ON YOUR OWN LIFE.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by alphalpha(m): 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
the thing dey vex me well well ehn. our oaps own naim vex me pass as e be like say u must speak like them before u fit be presenter.
for God's sake, CNN rated the Nigerian accent as the fifth sexiest in the world. the thing tire me as them just dey form nonsense for studio.
right now na Wazobia I pull cap for. abeg 3 GBOSAA for Wazobia FM.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by alphalpha(m): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
bankydd: In Hollywood most artistes can speak various accents..It's actually an advantage if you can speak various accents in Hollywood.. if you watch Hollywood films well..so why should it be a crime angry
the Bible says: "... for as the heavens are high above the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways ... "
Hollywood is far above Nollywood. when they imitate accents in Hollywood, they make use of persons who really know or have the said accents, and the result is like sweet music. but Nollywood does just the opposite, a director who doesn't want to spend much money would bring his nephew from the village to play the role of businessman who just returned from London. what you get is no different from a he goat singing to a she goat.
they forget KANU lived in the UK for years yet he has no accent.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by explorer1906: 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
we accepted British colonization, we accepted British English as our official language, from Nursery school to tertiary institution we have been thought how to write and speak British English(Oral/ phonetics), now that some can speak, our people are paying for their accommodation in jail instead of correcting those with some mistakes. This perception has crippled development in many ways for others. But for me innaaah!, because if i blow English with British accent for you with rules of Grammatical concord well articulated,syntax and semantics in equal proportion u go no say some of those BBC reporters and newscasters na apprentice them be. cry cry cry
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by davidif: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
Agybabe:

Oh, nice one. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by nkpommpko(m): 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
And when them finish dem go end am with daaaahh
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by soulglo: 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
This is funny. Didn't he always fake an American accent? Child bye
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by makeitplain: 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
UuzbaGuuzba: Hmm. If Nigerians want to speak with British accent, with which accent should British people speak?

Complex. Of the inferior type.

I have seen that a couple of guys have quoted my comment and taking it as inferiority complex. It's unfortunate that u guys don't get it. Britons do not have to speak with anyone's accent because they are in a position of advantage politically with their language, the same thing with the Americans.

Do u guys know that even in America for example, there are different types of accent/way of speaking including ebonics. If any american is ambitious and looking to be successful in corporate america, u must learn to speak very well the standard american accent and believe me, a lot of americans can't speak the standard accent. There are many organizations in USA trying to help american citizens with improving their accent to standard so they can be more marketable most especially in the corporate environment. So if there are native speakers who find it important to improve on the way they speak their own language to better their chances, I don't understand why u guys are talking about inferiority complex here.

If any of u live or have family members living in a country like Canada for example where they bring in a lot of foreigners to boost their population, u can ask them to tell u how much emphasis and money the government is investing on different training outfit from province to province to get these foreigners to speak as canadians as possible. So u can sit down there and wave it off, its ok but u need to really know that its worth the effort for those who are willing to. And by the way, learning an accent does not take ur original accent away from u just like learning a new lang does not take ur originl lang away so why the phobia I dont get it. All we are saying is know ur threshold when u are improving ur accent and dont go beyond it. U can start speaking in an irritating way when u are exceeding ur threshold. If u are the type that has the skill to speak a learned accent 100% correctly, why not?

And to the guy that referred me to the main post as if my post was irrelevant, if u read my comment very well, u'd see that I was reacting to ppl's responses and not exactly the original post.

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uche Jombo Rodriguez And Hubby Are Overly Cute In This Photo / Is Sarkodie Dead? / Tonto Dikeh Mocks Those Saying No Man Will Marry Her Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.