Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* (30093 Views)

Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ify84(m): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
if I spend up to 450k for wedding......I go use am feed over 250 guest... and use a beautiful hall.... finally, op was very extravagant in dix wedding....
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 12:34am On Aug 11, 2014
ify84: if I spend up to 450k for wedding......I go use am feed over 250 guest... and use a beautiful hall.... finally, op was very extravagant in dix wedding....

Well, I wasnt interested in feeding 250 guests,and at the same time didnt want to look razz.Thank you. smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 12:35am On Aug 11, 2014
mercylicious: U will spend much less if u invite ten guests and fix the white wedding on a tuesday

I guess so, but we wanted it to be on a saturday.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 12:36am On Aug 11, 2014
Nelrulez: You should have added pictures to back it all up. Wishing you a blissful married life.

i did add pictures, but later removed them.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by tonychristopher: 1:10am On Aug 11, 2014
ladygogo: I recently tied the knot and I thought i'd share some tips on how I worked with my budget. This is especially for couples on a budget and those not interested in spending a down payment/or money for land on a 5-7hour event. But if you or your parents can comfortably afford to throw a party then go ahead with your bad self. grin

I had my wedding ceremony where i currently reside and my parents and parents-in-law had the Trad in absentia in Nigeria.

My husband and I had a civil ceremony where a Marriage Commissioner comes and officiates. This is similar to going to Ikoyi or Ikeja registry.

Here is a breakdown of what we spent:

Marriage Licence: $100.00
Marriage Commissioner fees: 125.00 firm. No egunje. grin
Recreation Park Permit- $60.[/b]00

Bride's Dress: [b]$300.00
I saw a mori lee bridesmaids dress on online and later ordered one in ivory from one of the local bridal stores.

Shoes : $200.00. I wanted to splurge on this one. I ordered a pair of badgley mischka shoes online at nordstrom.

Hair Styling: $70.00 No. We dont charge and arm and a leg here for Bridal Styling. Its is actually 60.00 but she charged 10.00 more for coming to my house.

Weave installation-$55.00.

Human Hair- I got three bundles of hair for $120.00 plus customs fees- $140.00 from Ali express.

Make-up -I freelance as a Make up artist. So I did my own make up.Besides, getting your Makeup done is not expensive here as well. The only thing i bought was foundation from MAC. It was $27.00.

Note to Naija based brides. If you dont want to pay through your nose for a makeup artist, you can watch some youtube videos and practice, practice, practice.

Nails:I polished my own damn nails. I'm kind of like a nail polish junkie anyway. So all I did was pick one of my many red nail polishes.

Hair Fascinator: 38.00. i ended up not using because I forgot.

Jewelry: Pearl earrings: $22.00 and pearl bracelet: $10.00

Bouquet: $70.00. I ordered a dozen roses in ivory with baby's breath for more fullness.

Cake. i initially didnt want one because we didnt want to make it too formal, but my sis suprised us with one. Nice. Would have been max $50.00

Undergarments:$40.00 I ended up not wearing it.

transportation- 50.00 on gas

photography- Ok. I initially budgeted 400.00 dollars for it, but my hubby got me a professional camera as a birthday gift. So we told the photographer(who also happens to be my family friend) to use mine. We ended up paying him $250.00.

Food: The lunch was at an East Indian restaurant.

The owner charged us $25/head-Three course meal.

I budgeted for 18 people but 15 people showed up.

Beverage; Red wine -$28/bottle. Champagne $29/bottle

I ordered four of each and also ordered pepsi/coke in a pitcher.

I dont know how much my hubby spent on his suit and shoes, but i believe he wore one of his old suits and ordered a pair of shoes from Dune. I will get back to you on that.

Rings: Im not sure of the exact amount. Wouldnt have been over $1000.00. I will get back to you on that.

The total amount i Spent was $3285.00- N 479,610.00

TIPS:

-The more people you invite, the more money you spend on food and drinks. Try as much as possible not to let the whole world know you are getting married.
- Ladies!! grin You dont need to spend all your money on a dress you will wear for one day. It just doesnt make sense. You dont have to wear that Vera wang or Pnina Tornai Dress oh! grin grin grin
-I dont think you need a wedding planner if you are having a big wedding.Google is your friend.

-Compare rates .This is a no brainer really, but I know it can be difficult in a place like Nigeria where you will only be hearing Millions and thousands from those wedding vendors. I planned my sisters wedding so I know.

-Make up.I think make up artists are really overpriced in Nigeria. As a makeup artiste i know good makeup when i see one,but the amount they charge is ridiculous. Say wetin?. You will be hearing 150k,200k, 350k, etc. The rates they all charge cant be justified and its not like they give out the make up products they use on their clients. Would be brides can scour instagram for good and lower priced make-up artists.

Pics attached wink

To the mods. I only want this posted to the family, events and fashion section. Thank you.

and you call this cheap

almost 500k cheap ..hmmmm Lol

your laughing just

my advise go to registry in Nigeria wed then head to KFC with very few people buy em rice Snap pics and go home
marriage done

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by fpeter(f): 11:46am On Aug 11, 2014
Nice one, I also got married recently on a very low budget too and it turned out to be fun.
Registry cost us 15,000naira
I wore my old dress and shoes
Did my makeup myself,wore old
jewelries and old human hair i
bought long ago. Everything i used
was from my box or archives grin
My hubby paid less than 150k for the dowry/list
we avoided the usual partying,his suit was gotten
on bargain he wore his old shirt and shoes lol
a friend gave us a cake, it cost 9,500 for the
small chops(30guests) about 16k for drinks and another 9k
for our cake.pictures about 12k,we also went to the
studio for professional shots. in all we didn't spend much
our rings cost a lil above 60k....And we are happy,waiting for
the pastor's blessing in his office.. wink
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2014
All these people saying the wedding is expensive. Do you realise that the wedding held in CANADA and not NIGERIA?. The same amount is what some people pay for decor or hall in Nigeria.Atleast she is better than some people who would budget 1m for ceremony and buy crappy ring of 25k.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by ladygogo: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
honey86: All these people saying the wedding is expensive. Do you realise that the wedding held in CANADA and not NIGERIA?. The same amount is what some people pay for decor or hall in Nigeria.Atleast she is better than some people who would budget 1m for ceremony and buy crappy ring of 25k.

lol. you dey mind dem. People pay that and more for photography in Nigeria. Decor 500k? Except you want it to look as tacky as possible. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Things No One Tells You About Marriage! / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.