Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Why Do They Use Your Gospel Songs For Political Campaign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do They Use Your Gospel Songs For Political Campaign (681 Views)

What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? / Which Is Your Best Gospel Songs And Artists? / Top Ten Gospel Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do They Use Your Gospel Songs For Political Campaign by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 06, 2014
I do hear the so called "Christian" musics being use by politicians for Political campaign. Sometimes a person seeking political office does so. Sometimes, someone already elected will use "Christian" music, replace where God appears in the music with his own name.

How do you feel about it, you think its right?
Re: Why Do They Use Your Gospel Songs For Political Campaign by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 06, 2014
Give relevant example(s).
Re: Why Do They Use Your Gospel Songs For Political Campaign by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
It is so because religion was brought about by politicians since time immemorial,its meant to soften your mind to easily make them influence or convince you to align with them,ofcourse its awkward to go about preaching about their propaganda and manifestos blasting hiphop,the conviction in their voice wouldn't go that far to convince you so they play on human psychology using gospel to calm their nerves so they pass their message,lastly,do you remember the europeans came with force and religion to make indirect rule work during colonialism,they got the gun,they still brought with them a preacher (henry Townsend) to instill Christianity to our forefathers,reason why? Because they preached to them not to fight back while the colonial government were busy exploiting and maltreating my forefathers,how would you be preaching to me not to fight back when I'm being humiliated I see religion of the old and today as just a way to quicken the process of milking the next man off

(1) (Reply)

Popular Pastor Claims Hell Will Be Filled With Pastors / The Greatest But Yes Simplest Question Ever Asked In World History. / The True Gospel; An Open Letter To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.