Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? (30815 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Are Chinese Good Employers / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Donkunxex(m): 8:44am On Aug 10, 2014
Dexema: I remember some years ago when west african rubber products (WARP) lockd their workers on overnight duty in the factory and there was a fire outbreak that killed the woRkers. What happened? Or is it the lebanese boss who beat a pregnant Nigeria woman sometime ago we wanna talk about? I wud rather learn a trade or skill rather than undertake such life shortening jobs with slave drivers as bosses.
I think its high time nigerians started publicizing these things criosly maybe human rights org and responsible govts like Lagos state govt can do somfin about it @ least
wTF .... SO Dey didn't prosecute dem....shit....
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by engrshakespeare: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2014
onoerime: It is no more a news that the Chinese companies in Nigeria are indirectly enslaving nigerians but I am wondering why the federal government of Nigeria has kept mute to this barbaric acts of these people. I shall carefully pin points some of their misdeeds maybe the appropriates bodies could read and come to the aids of nigerians.
SALARY SCALES... I want to use China civil engineering construction cooperation (Ccecc ) as an example.
Labours- between.#15000 and #21000
workmen_ between #27000 and #31000
STAFF- between #45000 and #50000

WORKING PERIODS- 7.30am-6.00PM @30 days that means no rest days.
PENALTIES... penalties for offense committed could range between #5000-#20000 and could be deducted once from your salary.
JOB SECURITY- insecured.
Apart from salaries paid, no extensive employee packages. No health insurance, no paid time off from work, no retirement plans for workers, workers are fired at will, what pains me most is a Chinese man beating up a Nigerian because of a slight offense. Sometimes a whole salary could be seized just because of an offense. Why, why, why, these Chinese men are highly respected in Nigeria yet nigerians are enslaved home and abroad. The labour unions will come and do investigations but nothing happens thereafter. LAMATA pretends as if they hear or know nothing hmmmm. Can nigerians go to other countries and allowed to act this way?

Its the same thing in the free trade zone at Ogun state where I worked as a translator. But because of the nature of my job and the indispensability of being a translator. I carry dem eye see pepper then I rersigned. They have been begging me 2 return but I no send dem. Anyway, am travellin 2 China 2 hone my skills, they will hear from me.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Balkan(m): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2014
@op how much salary the federal government pay their workers
Then you will know this guys in Chinese company are in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by 1miccza: 9:07am On Aug 10, 2014
onoerime: It is no more a news that the Chinese companies in Nigeria are indirectly enslaving nigerians but I am wondering why the federal government of Nigeria has kept mute to this barbaric acts of these people. I shall carefully pin points some of their misdeeds maybe the appropriates bodies could read and come to the aids of nigerians.
SALARY SCALES... I want to use China civil engineering construction cooperation (Ccecc ) as an example.

PENALTIES... penalties for offense committed could range between #5000-#20000 and could be deducted once from your salary.
JOB SECURITY- insecured.
Apart from salaries paid, no extensive employee packages. No health insurance, no paid time off from work, no retirement plans for workers, workers are fired at will, what pains me most is a Chinese man beating up a Nigerian because of a slight offense. Sometimes a whole salary could be seized just because of an offense. Why, why, why, these Chinese men are highly respected in Nigeria yet nigerians are enslaved home and abroad. The labour unions will come and do investigations but nothing happens thereafter. LAMATA pretends as if they hear or know nothing hmmmm. Can nigerians go to other countries and allowed to act this way?

I blame our various state governments and the federal governments for allowing these fools to ride roughshod on the masses instead of making life miserable for them......
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Solodegreat24(m): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2014
Dis is what happens wen a polity is being governed by crueless and selfish men. Rulers not leaders wt no vision and purpose. No employment plans dereby leavin d pple at d mercy of dos white idiots.
I also blame it upon d pple who has allowed poverty to becloud thier mindset not to know thier rights. We beg for everything. Its a pity.
I dont liv in Nigeria. Wen i came into dis country d first thing i did was to knw d rules
And regulations governing d body of the country. The rights of d pple, employee rights, minimum wage which varies with age, pension plans which is a must, leave pay, working hours (no more no less) unless in a case of overtym which you must pay, tax rate which differs and so on.
An employer tried to play foul wt me wen i went insearch of job i told d poke nose man dat i might be an africa but i knw my rights as i didnt enter dis country illegally and dat i hv my papers complete so i hv disame rights wt every other persons. If you say i'm qualify 4 d job den u have to give me dat which accord me. He was dombfounded. I didnt beg for d job and tried to accept pinut bcus i want to be happy doing my job like every other employee. He refused initially and i left after few weeks i was called again to start wt better offer. Imagine if i hv accepted d first offer i wud hv lose out.
In a nushell d government has failed d pple and d pple has refused to learn. Despiration leads to slavely. Lets learn to learn shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by spankyflex(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2014
Balkan: @op how much salary the federal government pay their workers
r u kidding me?which heaven pls?
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by dellaziz(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2014
OFF TOPIC... PLEASE NOTIFY WHO KNOWS IF GLO HAS FINISHED ITS DAMN UPGRADE
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by acorntree(m): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2014
toluene12:
virtually all factories that produces in this country are owned by lebanese, indians or chinese.
now u dont expect them to come n implement chevron style of salaries or western type of labour laws.
i think we should just adjust to the new fresh air breezing over africa currently, because its going to be here for a very long time.
until we learn to stand n produce by ourselves.

yes. Until we change from consumer to producer of goods and services. No country that is self reliant will allow one dark skinned albino to treat her citizen like this. So my fellow country men the only option for u is to be self employed or get govt work else half albino will continue treating u like poo.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by chimaobikanu(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2014
@OP, thanks for this. I was about starting a topic like this, but in my case its the "Lebanese". I mean why do all these third class onyibo's enslave Nigerian's in the same Nigeria. This can never happen in (talking of the ones i know); Germany, GB, France, USA, Canada, and the rest of them.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by KriTic24A: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2014

JOB SECURITY- insecured.

There is no human right any longer in Nigeria but Human LEFT...

Every institution seems to have remained fast asleep....
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2014
1. Zero protection from the Nigerian government

2. That's how they treat their workers in China. WHY DO YOU THINK CHINA PRODUCTS ARE THE CHEAPEST IN THE WORLD?
Even foreign companies come to China to have things manufactured at low costs, because they pay their workers next to nothing.

It's China. You buy Chinese made things because they are cheap. Why would you be surprised they don't pay their workers well?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by jgatherer(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2014
Balkan: @op how much salary the federal government pay their workers
The government might not be paying much but the workers are not maltreated.And more often than not government workers have the chance to own their businesses without it affecting their jobs,although some tend to abuse this
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by delishpot: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2014
golddeejay:
i used men because majority of nigerians working in those 'kora' and chinese companies are men. Not taking anything away the womenfolk

Oook no shaking united we stand bro. Just change that MAN to PERSON. Cos mama o, papa o anybody that struggles to meet family needs bear same burden when they cant provide. na same wahala in the end, pikins no go see food chop or fees for school.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by dustydee: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2014
Because a lot of Nigerians don't know their worth. Also we do not have an active Labour union that will fight for the rights of workers.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Adyrin(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2014
Irohjohnpaulc: I even hv some companies in my home town lokpaukwu umuchieze in umunneoch LGA abia state. Lebanese n chinese company. Quarry company were dey crush stone i.e chippins. Dey use us as if we r slaves even in my own house. If u come dia n c wot dis ppl take away in my town n hv done notin 2 my ppl u will shed tears 4 us

Then kidnapping should be the order of the day!
At a time I don't blame ♍γ̲̣̣ brothers fro the Niger Delta one bit for various kidnappings on these white races!
♍γ̲̣̣ advice to your village youths is to gather and mobilize to address the issue peacefully and if they are not willing to treat it then gbam!!! Kidnap them one after the other! So that your future generations would have something to benefit from!
Period

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by otiigba1(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2014
ok! one thing is obvious! we all agree that its wrong now what should we do collectively to stop this behaviour by this chinese Animals?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by smudge2079(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2014
May ebola catch any chinese dat maltreat any Nigerian as from dis moment and forever more... Amen

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by shegzee43: 10:22am On Aug 10, 2014
emilo26:

This is the kind of mentality i don't like about Nigerians. When few individuals train themselves and standout will it solve the problem? We are looking for a way of solving collecting problem and not individualist way of solving such problem. The root has been corrupt so how do we correct the root and re plant the tree to bear a fresh fruit that's the essence of these thread.
You got it! the man "Emilio" presents a case why we are still where we are. He claims he can't be subjugated by the Asians because of his level of education but obviously only privilege makes him better. There are hundreds of educated and exposed Nigerians who are at the mercy of Indians and Chinese only because they seek a consistent means of surviving. Things will get better if we fight for one another in spite of statuses. Quite a number of Indians and Chinese are come into Nigeria on a daily basis to work while the level of unemployment deepens in the country. We must bring our hands to fight so as to address this ugly menace.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by shegzee43: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2014
Its only in Nigeria that an indigenous entrepreneur will employ a fellow Nigerian PHD holder as Truck driver but bring in an Indian school Certificate equivalent holder to function as manager. The fault is not solely theirs.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by emerem: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2014
Thanks for this post. To be frank these Chinese folks are treating Nigerians badly both here and in their Chinko land. I was there last summer on a summit, but what I saw really troubled me. The truth remains that in China, they think labour should be free considering their former colonial communist, aristocratic state. In late 70's if one can note, people refer Taiwan made goods as inferior no wonder many say " I don't need Taiwan, give me original". Lately, China has taken their place especially in technology. Look around you, even this phone or PC you are using might be their patron. They allowed their citizens into all developed Asia and Europe as labourers, gather several diplomats and here they are today spreading their technological wings global. The best European and first world's companies are in China, hence labour is cheap therein. Give a Chinese two Pizza pie, of course a bottle of their favourite sugar-filled drink Ruecola (Ribena-like), he will cultivate from 7am till 9pm so long as the drink remains. He may not be anxious to ask of money, but the secret remains that tomorrow he will be the one employing people to do that same job he did for you. How do they operate? Chinese are very tactful and diplomatic. They insert importance in anything they do hoping to own such tomorrow, but Nija? Hmmm.... Give me money abeg let me feed my family. Many of our guys working for these people are supposed to have learnt a lot to carry them along. Stop being an employee always, you too can employ and become an EMPLOYER. Believe me with N10,000 you can be on your own and start employing people in months. I found this special E-book stocked with about 1000 things you can start now and start your own business even how to source loan should you need it free of collaterial. You can call the guy to get yours only N1,500. It is awesome. 08133972034. Or email: selfaidinitiative@gmail.com. I attached the preview of E-book here. Don't mind you must make it. Leave these Chinese let's build our own edifice.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by spankyflex(m): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2014
so all this story was to sell your special ebook?]Thanks for this post. To be frank these Chinese folks are treating Nigerians badly both here and in their Chinko land. I was there last summer on a summit, but what I saw really troubled me. The truth remains that in China, they think labour should be free considering their former colonial communist, aristocratic state. In late 70's if one can note, people refer Taiwan made goods as inferior no wonder many say " I don't need Taiwan, give me original". Lately, China has taken their place especially in technology. Look around you, even this phone or PC you are using might be their patron. They allowed their citizens into all developed Asia and Europe as labourers, gather several diplomats and here they are today spreading their technological wings global. The best European and first world's companies are in China, hence labour is cheap therein. Give a Chinese two Pizza pie, of course a bottle of their favourite sugar-filled drink Ruecola (Ribena-like), he will cultivate from 7am till 9pm so long as the drink remains. He may not be anxious to ask of money, but the secret remains that tomorrow he will be the one employing people to do that same job he did for you. How do they operate? Chinese are very tactful and diplomatic. They insert importance in anything they do hoping to own such tomorrow, but Nija? Hmmm.... Give me money abeg let me feed my family. Many of our guys working for these people are supposed to have learnt a lot to carry them along. Stop being an employee always, you too can employ and become an EMPLOYER. Believe me with N10,000 you can be on your own and start employing people in months. I found this special E-book stocked with about 1000 things you can start now and start your own business even how to source loan should you need it free of collaterial. You can call the guy to get yours only N1,500. It is awesome. 08133972034. Or email: selfaidinitiative@gmail.com. I attached the preview of E-book here. Don't mind you must make it. Leave these Chinese let's build our own edifice.[/quote]
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Ahmeduana(m): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2014
onoerime: pls don't blame the workers, the Nigerian government has refused to create jobs.
EVERYBODY KEEP SHOUTING JOB CREATION! THIS'S MY QUESTION SHULD GOVERMENT EMPLOY 10M EMPLOYEE WEN IT ONLY NEED JUST 1M WORK FORCE?....AM NOT

1 Like

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Tonylyte(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2014
topsyking: look guys.. wen you say chinese or indians are maltreating nigerians it depend on de class of people dey are maltreating..can dey do dat to any educated and professional no,,, dey can only do dat to labourers and dose dat doesnt no deir left from right.. dose i never chop people...
U are a dullard, so the uneducated ones are not nigerians? Your kind are the reason why those bloody chinesse are been megalomaniac towards unfortunate nigerians. If they finish with the uneducated ones, when they are left with no one to enslave they will come after u....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Dreyl(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2014
Caracta:

Excuse me, are you on drugs?
can't u see it's obvious
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Ahmeduana(m): 11:19am On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=onoerime][/quote]
DON'T GET ME WRONG! FOR D FACT DAT SOMEONE IS A GRADUATE & IS EXPECTIN 2 WORK WIT GOVERMENT 2 EARN AS MUCH AS 100K UPWARD DOESN'T MEAN DAT HE/SHE CANNOT EARNS D SAME AMOUNT WITOUT WORKIN 4 D GOVERMENT...>>
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 10, 2014
Irohjohnpaulc: I even hv some companies in my home town lokpaukwu umuchieze in umunneoch LGA abia state. Lebanese n chinese company. Quarry company were dey crush stone i.e chippins. Dey use us as if we r slaves even in my own house. If u come dia n c wot dis ppl take away in my town n hv done notin 2 my ppl u will shed tears 4 us

Sorry to say, but you guys are dumb. No offence intended.

Having worked for these guys for years, you guys should have gained enough experience, now gather all the workers and hold a meeting with the management, demanding for better packages, if they fire you, stage a heist, finish them off from your village, FIRE THEM!

With the experience you have gotten, get a loan from top shots in your community, break your chippings, thence, you have an independent community, generating revenue to empower its youths.

Stop Dulling!
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by xtervaganza(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2014
Mintayo:
Lol. 16k=16,000cheesy
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Adonbilivit ooo
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by emilo26(m): 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
shegzee43:
You got it! the man "Emilio" presents a case why we are still where we are. He claims he can't be subjugated by the Asians because of his level of education but obviously only privilege makes him better. There are hundreds of educated and exposed Nigerians who are at the mercy of Indians and Chinese only because they seek a consistent means of surviving. Things will get better if we fight for one another in spite of statuses. Quite a number of Indians and Chinese are come into Nigeria on a daily basis to work while the level of unemployment deepens in the country. We must bring our hands to fight so as to address this ugly menace.

100000000likes for you. We have the presence of Asian companies in America and Europe but I can categorically tell you that the Asian are even considered second class citizens over there. Trans-National and Multinational doesn't give them the right to threat us as slave. But our corrupt leaders have sold out our birth right because they see Nigeria as their toy but they are forgetting one thing. Soon the POOR WILL HAVE NOTHING TO EAT, AND THEY WILL START EATING THE RICH. I pray this country doesn't get to that stage.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
blacks are natural slaves.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by chukz4real(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2014

Is neither the fault of the Chinese nor the lebanese people but yours, your community, and the government of your people.
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by chukz4real(m): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
mencade5: when i was in lagos, a lebanese wanted to break my leg with wooden pallet because of some little mistake i made.

And police was guarding the fvcking lebanese man's car.

Are we cursed in this continent? Go to other black countries, it is still the same story you will hear.

I disagree with you that the illtreatment is in other black countries. Real white men fears the name Congo and Angola (Oil and Gas sector) talkless of Indians and Arabs. In Congo, no white man can head a black... Whether the Congolese knows the job or not, the white must deputise and teach him/her the job and disappear after 4yrs and hand over whatever he was entitled to the national...
Re: Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? by HandOfChukwu: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
The real question is why are Nigerians allowing foreigners to come into our land to treat people like slaves? How can you allow some chink to attack our people in our own land and not beat or kill them for it? Are you a coward....let one of these chinks or oyibos try something with me and see if dey don die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stop Placing Unrealistic Targets On Marketers, CBN Tells Banks / Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates / FRSC 2018 Recruitment Screening Time-Table, Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.