Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Tips For Djs - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tips For Djs (19119 Views)

Energyradio365 Is Currently Looking For Djs And Presenters / Thread For Djs / Naija Jamz Extended Versions For Djs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Djs by DJEnoB(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
haryomikun:

It depends on ur area naa... You'll best get near your area as the transportation of the speakers and all can be a problem

Besides i once asked the cost of assembling parts by a local dealer and he called the price 150k for a single speaker. So i think the money for assembling could be high

Alright, thanks boss
Re: Tips For Djs by DJEnoB(m): 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
ESHOIZA:
pls sir does the controller serve the purpose of the amplifier? Because you didn't mention it anywhere
By engine-mixer, i think he is referring to mixer-amplifier.
Mixer is to input your various sound sources eg from controller, mic, guitar, keyboard etc
The collective sound from mixer then goes to amplifier which powers the speakers and feeds it the total sound.
A mixer-amp (or engine-mixer) is a unit combining both mixer and amplifier as one.

SO, the controller is not serving as the amplifier.

Mixer-amp is advised for starting, small budget, and small set up

Going further, separate units of mixer and amplifier will be necessary
Re: Tips For Djs by DJEnoB(m): 11:46am On Feb 22, 2018
Guys,

Please who knows where/who can service DJ controllers on the island (Lagos)? Good hands please
Thanks
Re: Tips For Djs by Teebreezy101: 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
Able djs in the house I greet you all. I am a complete newbie playing with virtual dj software. The thing Don sweet me. I need info and where to start to learn. Any input will be appreciated
Re: Tips For Djs by kelvinnick: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2018
you guys should try to upgrade..Using virtual DJ isn't encourage.. Tell me which work are you doing when using virtual DJ to play at party.. the writer said something above..he mention synchronize on virtual DJ...even many controllers has it.. but it's not advisable for a professional DJ to be used.. don't you like Scratching.. lastly, for the bpm...you can play fine and make your Audience � dance like not b4 128-129 at least 30 - 31 it's just depends how you hold ur party from the beginning. And for those who haven't learned DJ pls try and learn from a professional. it's very important. God bless you all. ONE BEAT ONE VOICE.
Re: Tips For Djs by DJEnoB(m): 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
Teebreezy101:
Able djs in the house I greet you all. I am a complete newbie playing with virtual dj software. The thing Don sweet me. I need info and where to start to learn. Any input will be appreciated

Boss, welcome

Nice one.

1. DJing Basics
You can start by learning the basics; beatmatching two songs, transitioning from one song to another, updating your library on the kind of music you want be playing, then scratching.

That order because the first two are the most important basic techniques you need to play for a crowd; then you need to have music people/your audience want to listen to; finally, scratching is senrere, sauce, extra (if you like scratch till tomorrow, if you dont play peopl's songs and transition well, na joke you dey joke)

All these you can do on Virtual DJ, without any controller.
Do them with mouse and keyboard; when you get a controller, it will be easy using one - thats where you will scratch even more.

2. Software
regarding the software to use, Virtual DJ vs Serato vs Traktor vs many more
Each has its strong point and weak points, but believe me, you can DJ professionally with any of these.
Virtual DJ is very available, can do lots on just the software, and the library management is simple
Serato is more professionally endorsed, Traktor is maybe used more by EDM DJs, maybe.
But one thing is for sure, your audience dancing will not come to look at your screen. So long they have a good time listening to you play, you are good to go.

I use Virtual DJ (with controller) and i have been DJing parties, weddings, shows. My only challenge with VDJ is the sound quality of a track when you vary the bpm too much (which I dont usually do, cause its out of its natural tempo range). Virtual DJ serves me so beautifully well.

So, please choose from now, cause switching up later after building your library in one software might be starting over in a new one (tip: arranging your playlist in iTunes helps in this, but your cue points will have to be done manually)

3. Practice playing, the basics and know your software in and out
Get a controller/CDJ/turn table as soon as you can - gives you full control on DJing, you need the hardware for real

These you can do boss

My ogas can add to these, i shift

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by DJEnoB(m): 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2018
Bosses,

Kindly listen to my mixtape here. Let me hear what you think. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/itsdjenob/1-hour-afrobeats-mix-by-dj-enob
Re: Tips For Djs by djsa(m): 10:52pm On May 20, 2018
somebody should pls create a reliable dj whatapp group
Re: Tips For Djs by IllestJay(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2018
Numark MixtrackPro3 for sale. Contact in signature.

Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
IllestJay:

Thats a fine ass controller grin
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2018
DJEnoB:

Boss, welcome

Nice one.

1. DJing Basics
You can start by learning the basics; beatmatching two songs, transitioning from one song to another, updating your library on the kind of music you want be playing, then scratching.

That order because the first two are the most important basic techniques you need to play for a crowd; then you need to have music people/your audience want to listen to; finally, scratching is senrere, sauce, extra (if you like scratch till tomorrow, if you dont play peopl's songs and transition well, na joke you dey joke)

All these you can do on Virtual DJ, without any controller.
Do them with mouse and keyboard; when you get a controller, it will be easy using one - thats where you will scratch even more.

2. Software
regarding the software to use, Virtual DJ vs Serato vs Traktor vs many more
Each has its strong point and weak points, but believe me, you can DJ professionally with any of these.
Virtual DJ is very available, can do lots on just the software, and the library management is simple
Serato is more professionally endorsed, Traktor is maybe used more by EDM DJs, maybe.
But one thing is for sure, your audience dancing will not come to look at your screen. So long they have a good time listening to you play, you are good to go.

I use Virtual DJ (with controller) and i have been DJing parties, weddings, shows. My only challenge with VDJ is the sound quality of a track when you vary the bpm too much (which I dont usually do, cause its out of its natural tempo range). Virtual DJ serves me so beautifully well.

So, please choose from now, cause switching up later after building your library in one software might be starting over in a new one (tip: arranging your playlist in iTunes helps in this, but your cue points will have to be done manually)

3. Practice playing, the basics and know your software in and out
Get a controller/CDJ/turn table as soon as you can - gives you full control on DJing, you need the hardware for real

These you can do boss

My ogas can add to these, i shift

Sounds change pitch when you change its BPM too much because the 'change pitch' option was set on your VDJ. On my DDJ SB2 all i do is press the keys below my tempo fader, so even if i increase tempo by 32 beats per minute, pitch doesn't change at all
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
kelvinnick:
you guys should try to upgrade..Using virtual DJ isn't encourage.. Tell me which work are you doing when using virtual DJ to play at party.. the writer said something above..he mention synchronize on virtual DJ...even many controllers has it.. but it's not advisable for a professional DJ to be used.. don't you like Scratching.. lastly, for the bpm...you can play fine and make your Audience � dance like not b4 128-129 at least 30 - 31 it's just depends how you hold ur party from the beginning. And for those who haven't learned DJ pls try and learn from a professional. it's very important. God bless you all. ONE BEAT ONE VOICE.

Contemporary DJs started from Virtual DJ sir. I think many would love to buy controllers or turntables but cant because of high prices. One of the cheapest controllers is the DDJ SB2 and it goes for 130k currently.

A good reason why many still use VDJ alone to DJ

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by ZinoFasisi: 5:35am On Feb 18, 2019
All of u should just carry urself and come back here oooo.

haryomikun
DJEnoB
ezzylee
kelvinnick

I love music lyk mad that people ask if I don't get tired of listening to music. This dj thing sweet ooooo grin ah swear.

I have downloaded several mobile (No laptop yet) DJ Apps, Cross DJ (BPM matching is perfect but transition not so cool) is cool sha but not lyk the long turn table where u spread grin ur 2hands far to scratch (that thing go sweet pa)

I don't knw if u guys know any professional DJ in benin wanna learn

I can even play for party free sef as long as people dance to d jamz (Till its becomes profitable for me sha)

Teebreezy101 - u suppose don sabi too

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 9:07am On Feb 18, 2019
ZinoFasisi:
All of u should just carry urself and come back here oooo.

haryomikun
DJEnoB
ezzylee
kelvinnick

I love music lyk mad that people ask if I don't get tired of listening to music. This dj thing sweet ooooo grin ah swear.

I have downloaded several mobile (No laptop yet) DJ Apps, Cross DJ (BPM matching is perfect but transition not so cool) is cool sha but not lyk the long turn table where u spread grin ur 2hands far to scratch (that thing go sweet pa)

I don't knw if u guys know any professional DJ in benin wanna learn

I can even play for party free sef as long as people dance to d jamz (Till its becomes profitable for me sha)

Teebreezy101 - u suppose don sabi too

Hehehehehe... Welcome welcome sire. Your transition isn't supposed to be perfect since you're starting out. Im not based in Benin though so I don't know anyone you can learn from. A laptop will speed up the learning process for your djing though

Keep on developing the passion... Love the part you said you don't mind playing for free so far people dance. Makes brain.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by Israeljones(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2019
IllestJay:
Price
Re: Tips For Djs by ZinoFasisi: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2019
haryomikun:

Hehehehehe... Welcome welcome sire. Your transition isn't supposed to be perfect since you're starting out. Im not based in Benin though so I don't know anyone you can learn from. A laptop will speed up the learning process for your djing though

Keep on developing the passion... Love the part you said you don't mind playing for free so far people dance. Makes brain.

I actually stay in Lag but skl in benin so most of the time in benin

this Cross DJ is cool sha, A street friend did bday party today sha, I guess he paid for sound engine and speaker from a popular dj in my area (or probably didn't pay i dunno cos they are friends) but d dj didn't bring laptops and turntable

they were playing from phone (normal songz), they d birthday nigga played one crazy old skl (very carzy jam, dj really tried)

i left and came back, they were playing this DJ chicken mix (meeen that guy is good with street mix, but was only mixing songs with his name in it)

Men I was telling d bday nigga to let me play since but he no gree, this bros on street was tired of dj chicken beatz stuff, i told him i could play with my phone.

immediately i chuk d earpiece thing for my phone my mind cut grin asin my mind was beating fast, very fast grin (Playing for croud is not eazy oo)

I started at 120 BPM with barry, lyta type of songs.. omo see people coming to meet me lyk alaye afejo se, play Ji masun. I no go lie at that point I way discouraged, it was lyk I was doing nonsense. People just dey gimme songz to play (maybe cos everyone know for street)

I am not really a fan of street music sha, but I had to concur. Meeeen I need to praise myself I TRIED abeg. pple felt me, asin the joy i felt is undescribeable. Asin people were lyk and na phone he dey use oooo.

People even collected my number say them go call me if hin get event (me wey na only phone I get ) grin

There is this joy u get within ur heart when people feeI u i swear.

I AM MOTIVATED

haryomikun e be lyk i go con learn for ur hand anytime I dey lagos

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Djs by hitzman: 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
as a dj you need to get your mixtape on https://hitztv.com.ng/ for more recognition
Re: Tips For Djs by Israeljones(m): 8:24am On Feb 19, 2019
hitzman:
as a dj you need to get your mixtape on https://hitztv.com.ng/ for more recognition
How much?
Re: Tips For Djs by irukka: 11:04am On Feb 19, 2019
ezzylee:

Ma guy, you go see some people's mixing and scraching, you go wan mad gan.

Wharfedale Nigeria still has its February on going discount sales, for all your dj sound equipment, amplifiers, speakers, subwoofers, drums, keyboards, line arrays. Don't settle for less get Wharfedale pro sound equipment now. Call us on 0816 573 0634...
#wharfedaleNigeria #Irukkamusicmall #wharfedalespeakers #linearrays #amplifiers #mixers #soundequipment #musicinstrument

Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

I started at 120 BPM with barry, lyta type of songs.. omo see people coming to meet me lyk alaye afejo se, play Ji masun. I no go lie at that point I way discouraged, it was lyk I was doing nonsense. People just dey gimme songz to play (maybe cos everyone know for street)

I am not really a fan of street music sha, but I had to concur. Meeeen I need to praise myself I TRIED abeg. pple felt me, asin the joy i felt is undescribeable. Asin people were lyk and na phone he dey use oooo.

People even collected my number say them go call me if hin get event (me wey na only phone I get ) grin

For people to have collected your number and all, means you really tried. Big ups.

Based on where you’re gonna play/have a gig, try and know before hand the sorta music the person that employed you likes and also try and know if the sorta people who are gonna be present at the party are all about street songs or other genres of music. This would help you prepare well. Also read your crowd too wink

There was a time a friend asked me to come play at his ogas child birthday party. Speakers, controller, amp and all were provided. I just had to take my laptop. There was another Dj on ground. He had more experience than I did and he was already playing before I got there.

When I was given a chance to play (I’m not a fan of street songs too), I was playing more of the Mr eazi, maleek berry typo songs and people weren’t really gingered and all. I’m a big fan of South African beats (house) and you know a lotta our street songs copied their beats from these South African songs (penalty was copied from Zenze). I switched up to those South African songs and I could see people moving their bodies now and all.

So what I was doing was switching between a South African beat and another Nigerian beat which was similar to the South African beat. For me, I was giving these listeners a taste of different worlds. And I always didn’t play a street song for Long sha but the SA beats always played longer than the street songs. The Dj on ground commended me and even collected my folder for my SA songs.

All in all, always be prepared to switch when the crowd isn’t feeling what you’re playing and at times, you gotta give the crowd what they want. If they want street, give them street (you can now infuse your own blend of other songs which you wanna put in like I did with the SA songs) and don’t take all song requests, you can’t satisfy everyone and you’re the DJ so you should decide if you wanna play or not play a song. No ones to decide for you.
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

I actually stay in Lag but skl in benin so most of the time in benin

this Cross DJ is cool sha, A street friend did bday party today sha, I guess he paid for sound engine and speaker from a popular dj in my area (or probably didn't pay i dunno cos they are friends) but d dj didn't bring laptops and turntable

they were playing from phone (normal songz), they d birthday nigga played one crazy old skl (very carzy jam, dj really tried)

i left and came back, they were playing this DJ chicken mix (meeen that guy is good with street mix, but was only mixing songs with his name in it)

Men I was telling d bday nigga to let me play since but he no gree, this bros on street was tired of dj chicken beatz stuff, i told him i could play with my phone.

immediately i chuk d earpiece thing for my phone my mind cut grin asin my mind was beating fast, very fast grin (Playing for croud is not eazy oo)

There is this joy u get within ur heart when people feeI u i swear.

I AM MOTIVATED

haryomikun e be lyk i go con learn for ur hand anytime I dey lagos

Inna party, play what people wanna hear and is genrally known not what you like. The only Barry song generally known out there is Aiye and Lyta doesn't have any song out there. You'll need to have a big playlist of popular party tracks. At least Class C hits. Talk by Falz wouldn't be danceable to the crowd even though its popular.

Don't be discouraged though. Even the most experienced DJs have the requests thingy coming.

In a real party tho, you can't play what everyone tells you to. You might be playing shempe and someone asks you to play Uyo Meyo that its their favorite track... Playing uyo meyo immediately after shempe can kill vibes at the peak of a party. You can take their own songs and play them once in a while so far it aligns with your mixing and BPM.... Like one song in 20 mins.

If you really wanna take a step towards going pro, get yourself a laptop. No matter how good you are, people won't wanna hire you for general events because you'll seem like a 'bedroom DJ' to them. DJs with only laptops are looked upon as unprofessional not to talk of one using a phone. You can save money from those potential jobs you talked about tho. It's great to see you start out this way... Everyone get him starting point.

I wish you the best in your career bro

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Djs by ZinoFasisi: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
haryomikun:

I wish you the best in your career bro
thanks boss
Re: Tips For Djs by ZinoFasisi: 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
ezzylee:

For people to have collected your number and all, means you really tried. Big ups.

Based on where you’re gonna play/have a gig, try and know before hand the sorta music the person that employed you likes and also try and know if the sorta people who are gonna be present at the party are all about street songs or other genres of music. This would help you prepare well. Also read your crowd too wink

Thanks Boss

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Djs by hitzman: 6:25am On Feb 28, 2019
Israeljones:

How much?
contact 08135284945 he will give you the full details
Re: Tips For Djs by Israeljones(m): 8:08am On Feb 28, 2019
hitzman:

contact 08135284945 he will give you the full details
Tell me the price here bruh..

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by hitzman: 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
Israeljones:

How much?
call or whatsapp 08135284945
Re: Tips For Djs by Israeljones(m): 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
hitzman:

call or whatsapp 08135284945
u no serious

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by Lakartee(m): 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
Pls...how can i get latest music on my dj playlist...or how do pro-dj's get updated on latest songs??..thanks homiez!!

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by Dlee1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
What am I doing here?
OK, I was...
Re: Tips For Djs by irukka: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
DeeHaywire:

Yeahh. Its virtual dj 8 but I downloaded another skin... I can interchange between skins bro. I have like four other skins apart from the normal 2,4 and 6 deck skins

Price of Speakers - Wharfedale Nigeria_Irukka Music Mall

With the rising need for sound equipment, and the presence Wharfedale Nigeria also known as Irukka music mall, the biggest sound equipment and music instrument mall in the country has both its service online and offline. Speaker knowledge always comes handy to their customers as they host a handful of professional sound engineers to look into customer buy and offer prior insight to whatever sound equipment demand.

For prices of speakers, First, we need to understand that speakers can smash or make your video or audio setup, whether or not it entails song or simply public speaking, the importance of audio system cannot be overemphasized. Aside from the truth that it enhances sound best, it as well improves the overall sound output. Speakers are useful in nearly all spheres. From mobile phones to indoor and outdoor occasions, speakers are truly beneficial in sound enhancement.

Because of its usefulness, they are made available in different sorts, shapes, and sizes. Speakers are built differently for specific purposes, these differences are mostly found among Wharfedale speakers at the biggest sound equipment mall in the country, Wharfedale Nigeria - Irukka music mall. Like the titan speakers, delta speakers, impact speakers, the EVPs, the Typhon speakers, line arrays speakers and focus speakers which come in series and modes, such as passive and active and varying prices. Whilst some speakers are essentially designed strictly for using cellular gadgets and similar laptop structures such as the Wharfedale isoline which can also be gotten at Wharfedale Nigeria biggest sound equipment mall, Irukka music. While a few others are rather designed for heavy obligation function as mentioned above.

The splendid issues about the audio system are that whether or not they may be designed for mobile telephones or outside capabilities, they help beautify the sound and the impact to maximize performance, depending on the capacity of the speaker, as they also vary in capabilities. present-day designs are characterized by developed connectivity which enables the audio system to be joined directly to the tool with the use of Bluetooth. The marketplace has embraced the idea of an audio system, with Wharfedale pro-UK returning to the market as Wharfedale Nigeria through the presence of Irukka music mall and the arrival of other top brands making themselves available.

On this summit, we will take a look at the different types and classes of speakers in Nigeria and how much they go for in the current market. Due to the very large variety of speakers in the market, we will bring a touch of Wharfedale brand.

Prices of various forms of speakers in Nigeria.
The audio system varies in kinds, sizes, characteristics, and functionality, with the marketplace for speakers increasing every day, unique brands have re-joined the competition such as Wharfedale pro in an already existing market, with its dominance and identity as Wharfedale Nigeria.

sound speakers additionally vary in features and functionality and as a result, a heavy distinction in costs. Looking for a one-stop place for all your sound equipment, these can be gotten immediately from Wharfedale Nigeria head office at number 36 Murtala Muhammed airport road, Isolo way. Also can be effortlessly bought Online from www.irukka.com https:///2DFVH8v boasting of whole different types and brands of sound equipment.
Let us take a look at the prices of Wharfedale speakers;

Wharfedale speakers and prices in Nigeria
Line array (WLA25): N450,000
Delta12M studio monitor: N200,000
Delta215 double top speaker:N330,000
Delta15 single top speaker: N260,000
Delta218B double sub: N430,000
Titan15 Passive :N200,000
Titan12 Active :N165,000
Impact18BL double sub :N220,000
Impact15L :N130,000
Focus15 :N600,000
Focus218 :N800,000

At Wharfedale Nigeria customers buy at ease with zero worries of having to purchase fake or imitation, while they enjoy hundred percent after sales service, warranty, professional installation service, free product knowledge, and quality customer service. You can visit www.irukka.com

Re: Tips For Djs by Powell12(m): 1:32am On Jul 08, 2019
Can dj controllers like ddj 400, ddj sb3 be use for gigs like Birthday,get togethers,and indoor wedding without amplifier?

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by hitzman: 2:03am On Jan 19, 2020
Israeljones:

How much?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Musical Video Shot With Iphone 5s - By Dyoungstar For Yet Films Ng. / Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song? / Charles Novia's Critique Of Tonto Dike's Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.