Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock (2262 Views)

About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares / My Stock Broker Sold My Shares And Spent The Money / Changing My Stock Broker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by mamathrice: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please help me. I don't know what to do. I have asked that my account with BGL be closed and they transfer my stock to my new brokers. My new broker sent them an inter-member transfer form to sign almost one month ago. BGL has refused to sign it. BGL has refused to pay me back the balance of my cash account. My (former) account officer told me that I have to sell my shares and use the money to buy again from Greenwich. That means I will lose money when I sell, and probably lose more when I buy if the prices go up. I told them that they should transfer my stock.

Now my (former) account officer in BGL is not taking my calls. I have written them, I have gone to their office. Please what do I do?
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by donpetros: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Am not an expert but i think you've taken the right steps so far. Please seek proffesional advice from your new broker or be patient and wait for nairalander proffessional brokers. If transfers are possible then BGL has no choice but to do that, they're simply not happy that you're dumping thier services.
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by Skynet247(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sue them...
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by Joysmart(f): 11:07am On Aug 10, 2014
report them to SEC
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by ehvez(m): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Go to them with your lawyer or let your lawyer write them
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by Dragonking: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Report to SEC and take the issue to a lawyer..
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
This is why I'm scared to do anything with Nigerian stock market. They are so unprofessional . Unless you belong to the click and know your onion.

Ask mynd44 or mukina2 to help you put on front page.
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by seunbobo: 10:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
I will advise anyone to invest in the OTC market anytime anyday... Things are alot more structured and organized with approach to business, trades and settlement. Sample OTC markets in nigeria include FMDQ, NASD etc...
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by otunbakolawole(m): 12:01am On Aug 13, 2014
@OP, send a detailed complaints to SEC, NSE, the Consumer Protection, send a copy to your broker, both old and new. Make sure your complain are well structured. Wait 1month and see what happens. Please include a valid email and phone Nos. I have done that before and it worked like magic

2 Likes

Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by kaboninc(m): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
mamathrice: Please help me. I don't know what to do. I have asked that my account with BGL be closed and they transfer my stock to my new brokers. My new broker sent them an inter-member transfer form to sign almost one month ago. BGL has refused to sign it. BGL has refused to pay me back the balance of my cash account. My (former) account officer told me that I have to sell my shares and use the money to buy again from Greenwich. That means I will lose money when I sell, and probably lose more when I buy if the prices go up. I told them that they should transfer my stock.

Now my (former) account officer in BGL is not taking my calls. I have written them, I have gone to their office. Please what do I do?

Financial Advisory cost a fortune you know!

Firstly, Accounts are not transferred using Inter-member Transfer Forms especially with these big brokering firms. But rather, transfers are done online via the CSCS platform.

No firm will release an account that is in debt, or if in doubt, an acceptable explanation must be provided. So I advice you go to BGL and make the investigations yourself. Moreover, for oversignt function, BGL will need to know that they are dealing with the real owner of the portfolio.
Re: Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock by princejela(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
DE SUNSHIRE KITCHERN/CATERING SERVICES.AGBOR,DELTA STATE.07062042971 and 07062042971.
We are specializied in cakes,classic decorations, makeup,braeds making with traditional outfits and wedding Grown,flower girls and page boys, tray boys and girls for cooking and serving with buffet or serve yourself mean,
indoor and outdoor catering services,renting of cooking untensils like pots,spoons,plates,forks,buffets,cooler,trays,frying pans,turning sticks,pots strand etc

(1) (Reply)

Valid, Updated And Accurate Nigeria Email Lists Database + Bonuses / CLICK FARMS; Questions/enquiry/complains/review & Suggestions / Loan Of 300k To Start Crypto Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.