Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95357 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by akereconfi: 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
missmac:
pls tell us, where exactly are you- England or Africa? Or has England been moved to Africa?

You registered on Nairaland today and your first post was just to come and quote me and ask me a silly question.
I know people like you, if them send you, tell them you didn't see me

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by keemrex: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2014
if truly u started d rubbish u should b jailed for that , don't know y ppl make jokes out of everything
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 11, 2014
lonelydora: ....
I appreciate you kind approach to this matter.

I am a published writer and I am very familiar with the risks involved in developing fictional characters.

I have written a letter to the Honourable Minister of Health and tabled the following before him.

1. The fact that the brine "ebola therapy" started from the pronouncement of the Attah of Igala, Kogi state.

2. That this "ebola brine therapy" was broadcasted on the State-owned Television and Radio station on the 7th of August. I have over 2million residents of the State of Kogi as my witnesses to this fact.

3. That the Fictional character I created by the name Adesewa, served a publicity purpose which was clearly stated on the Fictional confessional thread on nairaland.com. This character clearly publicized the fact that it only served as a Publicity tool to dispel the "brine therapy" and that all readers of the so called confession should henceforth rely on information only from the authorities.

4. The fact that the government is turning a blind eye to the original source of this deadly misinformation, which indicts the Attah of Igala and the Director Generals of the Kogi State Radio and Television Corporations and chasing a fictional character that helped stop the spread of the rumour albeit in a controversial way.

For futher transparency in this matter i have written to both International and Local news agencies. To point out the above facts and my willingness to keep them abreast of any development in this case.

If justice is to prevail, it will be no secret to all Nigerians and the world at large the proceedings of the government in this matter.

I will be consulting with my Lawyer today and I will be expecting the response of the Honorable Minister of Health.

To show my full corporation, my true identity is revealed in the letter.

I hope in the end, there is sincerity about getting to the root of the matter and not a ghost chasing operation, when the original source of the information is clear to all and have millions who can attest to my claims

Thank you

Sources

https://premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/08/sylvester-ugwuanyi-bet-among-ebola-forced-bathe-early-hot-salt-water/

http://www.today.ng/news/ebola-gullibility-nigerians-panic-as-salt-water-chain-messages-spread/
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2014
africanrapper: .
Mind what you publicize, though i have no problem with it. No girl was arrested, you can contact th DSS office on the matter. Any where here is the latest development

I am a published writer and I am very familiar with the risks involved in developing fictional characters.

I have written a letter to the Honourable Minister of Health and tabled the following before him.

1. The fact that the brine "ebola therapy" started from the pronouncement of the Attah of Igala, Kogi state.

2. That this "ebola brine therapy" was broadcasted on the State-owned Television and Radio station on the 7th of August. I have over 2million residents of the State of Kogi as my witnesses to this fact.

3. That the Fictional character I created by the name Adesewa, served a publicity purpose which was clearly stated on the Fictional confessional thread on nairaland.com. This character clearly publicized the fact that it only served as a Publicity tool to dispel the "brine therapy" and that all readers of the so called confession should henceforth rely on information only from the authorities.

4. The fact that the government is turning a blind eye to the original source of this deadly misinformation, which indicts the Attah of Igala and the Director Generals of the Kogi State Radio and Television Corporations and chasing a fictional character that helped stop the spread of the rumour albeit in a controversial way.

For futher transparency in this matter i have written to both International and Local news agencies. To point out the above facts and my willingness to keep them abreast of any development in this case.

If justice is to prevail, it will be no secret to all Nigerians and the world at large the proceedings of the government in this matter.

I will be consulting with my Lawyer today and I will be expecting the response of the Honorable Minister of Health.

I hope in the end, there is sincerity about getting to the root of the matter and not a ghost chasing operation, when the original source of the information is clear to all and have millions who can attest to my claims

Thank you

Sources

https://premiumtimesng.com/news/166257-ebola-sparks-panic-across-nigeria-as-citizens-scramble-for-salt-water-bath-remedy.html

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/08/sylvester-ugwuanyi-bet-among-ebola-forced-bathe-early-hot-salt-water/

http://www.today.ng/news/ebola-gullibility-nigerians-panic-as-salt-water-chain-messages-spread/

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Rexyl(m): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2014
DRealGeesam1.. hmmm. Don't know you could develop cold feet like this. The information has been sent accompanied with damage rather than remedy. So you will not want to imagine how people smell pepper in the custody of SSS ... You have now learned a lot from damages that a joke cracked recklessly could do to the gullible. I thought you could be too bold to outsmart any trap. You should now begin to act responsibly, not only smartly.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by toygod2: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2014
LMAO
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GlobalCareers: 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Mind what you publicize, though i have no problem with it. No girl was arrested, you can contact th DSS office on the matter. Any where here is the latest development

Thank you

Sources

You are a pathetic liar. All these you said are lies. You are not a published writer. You think you can deceive us here.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
GlobalCareers:

You are a pathetic liar. All these you said are lies. You are not a published writer. You think you can deceive us here.
Have you bothered to google my name?
I got my book on Amazon.com
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
GlobalCareers:

As i said earlier, my true identity was revealed in my letter to the Minister of Health.
It can be verified and cross referenced.
Thank you
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GlobalCareers: 12:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
As i said earlier, my true identity was revealed in my latter to the Minister of Health.
It can be verified and cross referenced.
Thank you

Okay, let me give you the benefit of the doubt.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by BotherMleeper(m): 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
My 14 days old girl died this morning after a brief illness because my wife without my knowledge fed her your salt water prank.

I hope this tragedy haunts you to your dying days.

Rest in peace my angel.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by DBestDoc(f): 4:22am On Aug 12, 2014
FotherMucker: My 14 days old girl died this morning after a brief illness because my wife without my knowledge fed her your salt water prank.

I hope this tragedy haunts you to your dying days.

Rest in peace my angel.

How could your wife do such a thing?
She ought to know that the anatomy of infants is really fragile and must not be messed with.

Young man, turn your blame to your wife 'cause she was the one that decided to gamble with the life of your fragile baby by test running her saline concotion on her. The news was unconfirmed, the least she would have done to satisfy her inquisitive mind was to try it out on herself or another adult.

What has been done has been done.As hard as it may be , please keep that behind you and don't let it take a bad toll on your marriage.
Rest in peace to the cutey! And sorry for your loss
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by BotherMleeper(m): 7:11am On Aug 12, 2014
DBestDoc:
How could your wife do such a thing?
She ought to know that the anatomy of infants is really fragile and must not be messed with.
Young man, turn your blame to your wife 'cause she was the one that decided to gamble with the life of your fragile baby by test running her saline concotion on her. The news was unconfirmed, the least she would have done to satisfy her inquisitive mind was to try it out on herself or another adult.
What has been done has been done.As hard as it may be , please keep that behind you and don't let it take a bad toll on your marriage.
Rest in peace to the cutey! And sorry for your loss

You presume all parents are educated enough to know falsehood, and you either forgot or do not know the desperation of being a parent in times of fear and uncertainty.

Yes I blame my wife, but fate played a greater role. However we-i-cannot overlook the originator of this falsehood.

All I want is for her to feel my pain (if she's that human) and understand that some things have undesirable consequences.

Think before you act.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ovysquare(f): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2014
You have got two blood on your hands now because of your careless joke. Hope you have heard that two people died from drinking hot water and salt and 20 others got hospitalized?

This is the more reasons why Nigerians should do reserach before beliving any broadcasted message via social media

With google in phones now one has got information on fingertips. Please Nigerians do research before you adhere to messages and information without source.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
ddooskie:

&someone has left his business unattended to oh undecided

&someone has left his business unattended to oh

Could that someone be mindingurbiznes?
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.