Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (75669 Views)

More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by silowhyte: 1:02am On Aug 10, 2014
Guy u did well ooo..see men nd women of old era
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by adconline(m): 1:39am On Aug 10, 2014
Lordlexyy: That's what he is. The joke is on you to disprove his integrity and honesty. His stallion qualities are chronicles for us to see except for folks who finds fault when there is none. He remains the only leader so far in the history of this country that nobody has been able to bring any charges against. If you think there's any both as an head of state and ptf chairman, oya mr. Find fault, do justice to my curiosity.
Save us this revisio[quote author=silowhyte]Guy u did well ooo..see men nd women of ol
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by adconline(m): 1:46am On Aug 10, 2014
Lordlexyy: That's what he is. The joke is on you to disprove his integrity and honesty. His stallion qualities are chronicles for us to see except for folks who finds fault when there is none. He remains the only leader so far in the history of this country that nobody has been able to bring any charges against. If you think there's any both as an head of state and ptf chairman, oya mr. Find fault, do justice to my curiosity.
Spare us your jaundiced history. Has anyone brought any charges againt IBB? Buhari was summoned by Oputa panel and he refused to show up...

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2014
booqee: Most pathetic people are those who concoct dirty lies to buttress a stupid point. tf??!! shocked

pls give us proof of that bullsh!t u wrote up there..

Madam it's common knowledge that the standard of living in higher in Igboland than in Yorubaland and hausaland. Why do you pretend and play ostrich?

It is common knowledge that your quality of life is poor and your region swarms with beggarly unproductive destitutes. It's the reality we see everyday. Go on the street and see the proof.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by blackprowler: 8:06am On Aug 10, 2014
IGBOSON1:

'Nairaland' as you put it is just a manifestation of the problems the colonialists left us with, and not the cause of those problems!

Interesting how everyone is now an expert on "colonialists." Was America colonised? Was Britain colonised? Was Japan colonised. Nigerians are ignorant

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by baltimora(f): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2014
These pictures are awesome! Thanks.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by musachara: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
a
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Osarieme415(m): 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
As George Santanyanah said,"those who would not learn from their past are condemned to repeat it."
There is no shame in defeat

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Osarieme415: As George Santanyanah said,"those who would not learn from their past are condemned to repeat it."
There is no shame in defeats

A lesson for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Osarieme415(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

A lesson for Nigeria.
Indeed
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by godlyheritage: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
nice
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by millionboi(m): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
prophetone:
Nigerians have always loved to wear their very best to church. Here is a picture in Lagos of a Yoruba family going to church on a Sunday.

Hausa man with the fossil of a pre-historic animal (2000)

Transporting cocoa by automobiles, Western Nigeria 1920s

On the border between Niger and Libya. Illegal immigrants from Nigeria and South Niger flee their hunger stricken homelands and cross the Libyan border on trucks, in the hope of finding work. The truck drivers often abandon them in the desert, 200-250 kms from the cities, if they see any sign of control. The migrants are used to living in forests and are completely unprepared for the desert. Amazingly, this practice goes on till this day.

Nigeria Airways receives it's first long range widebody jetliner.

No comment. *sighs*

Aerial view of the east side of Ibadan (1970).

Princess of Kent with accountant general of Nigeria (1963).

There was a time when the Nigerian police was very friendly towards its citizens, now from recent behaviour that ceases to exist. Here is a picture showing Nigerian children peering through the legs of a policeman to catch a glimpse of Queen Elizabeth II of England who was in the Lagos Cathedral for a service in 1956.

Elementary School Class Being Conducted Outdoors in Northern Nigeria.

People celebrating after the end of the Nigerian civil war. One placard says ''Hail one Nigeria Ibos welcome''. Another
says 'Gowon-12, Ojukwu-0"

ojukwu scored 10/10 judging by watwe. See in d country 2day.

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by azpekuliar: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2014
prophetone:
A stallion of integrity and honesty. The man who lives to see another day. Here is a picture of Gen Buhari when he was young.

What would otherwise have been a beautiful thread, ruined by the OP's one moment of indiscretion! An open invitation for NL's tribal and ethnic jingoists to engage in their usual diatribes.

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by juman(m): 10:20am On Aug 11, 2014
One nigeria is waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Calculia]

Ojukwu left becos the war would have raged on had he stayed after an agreement was reached to stop the war due to the blockade.

Mr, Go and read "the last plane from Uli" A book written by Charles keary, Ojukwu's Mercenary pilot who facilitated Ojukwu's escape, He explained in details the circumstances that led to Ojukwu's "Usain Bolt", By the way, Whose account are you recounting? Hope you are not planning to tell this crap to your kids cos if you do, they will question your sanity, no offense though!

Secondly, Gowon words was no victor, no vanquish precisely becos Nigeria never won any war. U don't win wars by begging cameroon and giving dem oil rich bakassi to blockade ur opponent.

You are just a toddler who doesn't know anything about the war, that is not surprising though, the bemusing part is that for over 40yrs you refused to educate yourself, shameful huh!
Are you aware that Gowon's mission was to capture the Biafran territories? with Snr Yaradua and Buhari capturing Abakiliki, down to present Ebonyi, Obasanjo, owerri (and the capture of Achuzie), Murtala Mohammed capturing Asaba into Onitsha before retreating to join Snr Yaradua, Isaac adaka boro capturing Rivers, Ibb, tried but failed in the calabar sector but was replaced, and his replacement fought down to Anambra, the fall of Onitsha bridge and the Abagana massacare was Anambra's saving grace, Imo was over run except for Orlu which was the trading hub for the soldiers, and Nnewi was not over run too, Nigerian forces got to Uli airport where Ojukwu took off from.
If Ebonyi, Rivers, Imo, Cross river and most of Anambra all fell what was left of Biafra to warrant the audacity to state that Gowon did not win that war?
No victor no vanquished clap trap was a ploy to make Biafrans feel good in the spirit of reconciliation, without their monies in the bank though!
I cant believe that someone can actually twist history this badly, shame on you!!

The blockade killed more Biafrans dan any Nigeria weapon and that was the reason the war ended. How can Nigeria commit any genocide wen the feared Biafrans still had their guns in plain view of the Nigerian Army after the war? Go and learn ur history

You need not to learn any history, you simply need help, Before the blockade, the Biafran forces were in control of Calabar sector before it fell, So before blaming Gowon and Awolowo for the blockade, First blame an unprepared Ojukwu who undermined the relevance of calabar sector,Is like asking Ghaddafi to give up Banni Walid and Sirte without a fight or the Syrian rebel to just give up Yabroud, If you know anything about these conflicts, you will realize those areas are strong holds for a reason, take Yabroud for example, that area is the syrian window to Lebanon as such the supply line for the rebels, If ojukwu was oblivious of this ABC in warfare then he doesn't deserve the rank of a col that he wields. If calabar was not captured, there was no sane how, Nigeria could give Bakassi to the Cameroonians.

The rule is simple, Give up your supply link and the war is over, that was why the Nigerian forces didn't bother to completely crush the Biafrans, why waste bullet when Hunger can do a better job?

Ojukwu just didn't see it coming, Awolowo outsmarted him there because im certain jack is too dumb to figure it out. The honorable thing to do was to surrender at that point and save Biafra the Agony of another 1.5yrs in conflict. to be fair to Ojukwu, the Nigerian forces gave everything for calabar to fall, the Naval, ground and air fire power was unprecedented, guess they knew the relevance of the peninsular.

The reason you gave why the war ended is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, but I don't blame you shaa, I may agree that the war got to a stalemate but It was deliberate, who would have stopped the Nigerian forces if they decided to Advance? Even Ojukwu's most rugged commander Achuzie was captured by Obasanjo and beaten to pulp, then jailed.
You just don't know anything, quit disgracing yourself in public

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
Calculia:

A no brainer. Even if it engages in trade by batter with an oil rich territory(Bakassi) with a neighbouring country(Cameron) in return for blockade and border closure? Even if, it loses its entire military with only reservist(conscript) to reoccupy the eastern region? Over half a million Nigerian soldiers died at the hand of Biafrans.

Nigeria lost the war before it started and the blockade brought the biafrans home to Nigeria nothing else. In the words of Gowon 'no victor no vanquish'. Biafra true to its name defeated Nigeria, Russia, US AND UK. It sure feels good to be a Biafran.
grin

Bakassi Oil rich grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Illiterates who have access to the internet grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Osarieme415:

Let me purge you of your ignorance,the term; "NO VICTOR,NO VANQUISHED" underscored the absurdity of the avoidable war,"the igbos were Nigerians,and the war was to unite and integrate them with the rest of the country." Would you have been pleased if the Nigerian army, following the axis forces, proceeded to wipe your race off the face of this earth?
Then the cause of the war would have been defeated. There would have been nobody to integrate.
You can go on raving that Nigeria didn't win;the army of kwashiokor kids,starving women,thoroughly subdued army and overflooded refugee camps says otherwise.
You are ranting over a blockade of forty-four years,you should ask yourself why the Nigerian army didn't use the crudest form of chemical weapon;if the FG wanted to eliminate its ibo citizens afterall Salin was used in World War One.... .
You wouldn't understand.... No need trying to educate you
P.S. I hope your first nasty improperly constructed sentence wasn't directed at me... Don't start what you can't finish ooooh. ... That was how Biafra started looking for trouble

The illiterate thought that "no Victor no vanquished" actually meant that Nigeria did not win, jeez!! is education this bad in Nigeria?
Be careful, this guy might be Terry G!

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Calculia:

hahahaha! Let us get one fact right about the war. Nigeria was persecuting a war for the Bristish and America with an oil interest in the Niger Delta.

U do only wat they permit, as they provide the weapons. The British will ask Gowon, 'is the war over' and Gowon will reply 'just two more weeks' and they got fed-up of his unending two more weeks. Despite Biafra having only manual riffles, the Niggarians with their automatic machine guns, fighter jets and war ships could not win the battle or the war that lasted three and the half years. They were so afraid of the Biafrans after the war, becos they did as they were told else, the manual riffles and some automatic guns confiscated from the niggarians will be out.

The Biafrans on the other hand were masters to themselves. They were not reporting or taking instruction from anybody other than the lion of Biafra. The Ikemba of Nnnewi General Ojukwu.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Nigeria was built on faulty foundations from the get-go, and primarily for the interests of the thieving british of the time! The 'nostalgic' pictures you're seeing that's making you well-up show the period pre and just after Nigerias independence when we went from being 'slaves' of the white man to being slaves of the wicked and greedy Nigerian elite that took over from them!

From post independence we were on a downward trajectory, and the rot that had already set in can't be seen in all these 'lovely' pics because the white man that 'helped' save us from ourselves had just left!

All the common wealth nations were Colonized for "primarily for the interests of the thieving british of the time!" should I borrow your phrase, does it not bother you that Only Nigeria and perhaps a few unfortunate countries are doing badly?
Nigeria's case is so pathetic and inexcusable because, they have access to so much wealth at diff. points in their history.
Why do you still blame it on the British? same British that colonized Australia, US and india? for the same thieving interest? Bros, I don't believe you.
Who will you blame if Nigeria was Like south Africa who was bestowed an Apartheid govt after independence?

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Oh please, just shut your mouth! Nigerias' history is replete with examples of how some peoples from certain ethnicities absolutely hate Igbos, so don't give me any of that 'Nigeria could have wiped out the Igbos but didn't because of love' crap! They carried out a lot of evil and war crimes against Igbos which peeps like you would either want to ignore or just gloss over as amounting to no more than a smack on the wrist!

The only reason why they couldn't go the whole hog and use chemical weapons was that it would be too obvious to the outside world, and could possibly tilt world support in favour of the Biafrans! Don't think using chemical weapons didn't cross their minds though.....they are that remorseless!

Answer me honestly, does the Nigerian forces have the capability to wipe out Biafra off the Map at the time, yes or No, you can state your reasons though but please Terry G answers are not welcomed.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
blackprowler:

My soul hurts for all time for what happened in the East in the '60s but I think the Ibo don't deserve my sympathies. They still worship the worst traitor they've ever produced and still blame others for what they brought upon themselves. Read about wars before Nigeria's. The wise avoids a war even if he might win. For you to champion one you can't win is beyond me. Reminds me of today's Hamas. I cry for myself and for Nigeria

I agree with you completely, the truth is this, it bears noting that the Biafrans who actually fought the war were very Ignorant (not uneducated) at the time except for Achebe, the rest of the Biafran elites never supported Ojukwu, Zik, Nwobodo,Onoh just name it. The other elites who fought was when It became a situation of kill or be killed, If anyone had conducted a referendum at the time, Most elites would have rejected the war.

A Biafran war veteran I met was singing to me "on Aburi we stand" then I paused and asked him, did you see the transcript of the Aburi conference before the war? he replied an emphatic "NO", I asked, do you know anyone who saw it, he retorted, not even his commanders,
so you were this close to death, lost everything you worked for without even seeing or understanding the premise of the war, he replied, "WE believed what Ojukwu told us, after all he went to Ghana alone", It was this bad I tell you, I was deeply ashamed!!

Notice that whenever there is a MASSOB rally or its likes, it is concentrated at ABA or Onitsha, do you know why? that is the area in the East with the highest number of ignorant traders.
It was ignorance that finished Biafra, from our Biafra experience, I fear Ignorance more than Ebola. Ojukwu was supposed to be shot when he returned from his ivory coast brothel but his ignorant brothers rewarded him with a title.

Liken it to Hitler abandoning his Nazi campaign or Napoleon abandoning his french revolution or Ghadaffi abandoning Libya, or Assad abandoning Syria then return a few years later to take a title? if they did, it will be a life exile, knowing what awaits them at home.
It is only a dumb group of people that rewards cowardice with a title.

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by justi4jesu(f): 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so niceee......i could just imagine how life was then...
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by blackprowler: 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
jpphilips:

I agree with you completely, the truth is this, it bears noting that the Biafrans who actually fought the war were very Ignorant (not uneducated) at the time except for Achebe, the rest of the Biafran elites never supported Ojukwu, Zik, Nwobodo,Onoh just name it. The other elites who fought was when It became a situation of kill or be killed, If anyone had conducted a referendum at the time, Most elites would have rejected the war.

A Biafran war veteran I met was singing to me "on Aburi we stand" then I paused and asked him, did you see the transcript of the Aburi conference before the war? he replied an emphatic "NO", I asked, do you know anyone who saw it, he retorted, not even his commanders,
so you were this close to death, lost everything you worked for without even seeing or understanding the premise of the war, he replied, "WE believed what Ojukwu told us, after all he went to Ghana alone", It was this bad I tell you, I was deeply ashamed!!

Notice that whenever there is a MASSOB rally or its likes, it is concentrated at ABA or Onitsha, do you know why? that is the area in the East with the highest number of ignorant traders.
It was ignorance that finished Biafra, from our Biafra experience, I fear Ignorance more than Ebola. Ojukwu was supposed to be shot when he returned from his ivory coast brothel but his ignorant brothers rewarded him with a title.

Liken it to Hitler abandoning his Nazi campaign or Napoleon abandoning his french revolution or Ghadaffi abandoning Libya, or Assad abandoning Syria then return a few years later to take a title? if they did, it will be a life exile, knowing what awaits them at home.

I became emotional but managed to stave off tears from what you wrote. Man has brought so much tragedies upon himself and yet, through all the millenia, he still manages to continue doing it. I firmly believe that if we all study history early in our lives, we would make better people and not when we're old and prejudiced. I believe in education as the panacea to all of man's problems. Find out what the military commanders senior to Ojukwu thought about it. Ojukwu's family name and Oxford elitist schooling brought immeasurable damage to my country as a whole and my countrymen from the East in particular and yet they don't realise it. They blackmailed many people who had better judgement into being part of Ojukwu's misadventure by tribal sentiments. I feel really sad for not just this country, but for man in general. Regarding Hitler, you need to search Youtube for an interview with Gowon as the surrender was announced how he made the same remark. He was very visibly angry which was very rare for a remarkably gentle man as he. For me, Ojukwu is the lowest Ibo life that ever lived and the fact that he is worshipped by millions shows how incredibly dumb many people in Nigeria are; and also means we still have a very long way to go...if ever.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by blackprowler: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
jpphilips:

I felt a personal sense of shame and injustice the day Ojukwu was given a state burial. There's no better evidence of a lack of sense of history that bedevil this country and personified by the incredibly dumb president who has no sense of history whatsoever. Even an enlightened Ibo president would never give Ojukwu a Nigerian state funeral with a restored rank from 1967. Nothing can heal my pain of being identified as a Nigerian at this stage we're in

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Osarieme415(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
jpphilips:

The illiterate thought that "no Victor no vanquished" actually meant that Nigeria did not win, jeez!! is education this bad in Nigeria?
Be careful, this guy might be Terry G!
Thanks,my guy
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Osarieme415(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
I still wonder how a man's towering ambition and his gift of oratory invited over a million to die the death of dogs... .it was plain ignorance which has proved generational
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
blackprowler:

I felt a personal sense of shame and injustice the day Ojukwu was given a state burial. There's no better evidence of a lack of sense of history that bedevil this country and personified by the incredibly dumb president who has no sense of history whatsoever. Even an enlightened Ibo president would never give Ojukwu a Nigerian state funeral with a restored rank from 1967. Nothing can heal my pain of being identified as a Nigerian at this stage we're in

It doesn't matter how the Nigerian Govt wish to honor him, for political reasons, a PDP Govt whose claws runs so deep in the SE will Honor Ojukwu, also, in the spirit of false reconciliation (without releasing the Biafran funds anyways!!), it all sounds politically correct so I can not fault the Govt on that.
Look at the Irony, when Ojukwu returned from exile, Shagari gave him a condition that he will bring the Ibos to NPN (a northern political party). Ojukwu shamelessly honored that agreement, another big act of cowardice because he doesn't want to loose his freedom.
He chose to be a Northern Houseboy

How can you align politically with your 13yr old enemy who took over 3million Biafran lives, just to get your freedom back? where in the world does it happen and you will get a title for that? Ojukwu could neither sacrifice his life nor his freedom for Biafra, which begs the question; DOES OJUKWU HIMSELF REALLY BELIEVE IN THE BIAFRA CAUSE? or he is just using the Ignorant Biafrans to fuel his ambition?, the later is more likely though.
Biafrans need to take a chill pill and review their position on Ojukwu.

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Adventurist(m): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
i love these pictures. they are so awesome. mixed feelings and a good reminiscense
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by dontjealousme: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
jpphilips:

You are just a toddler who doesn't know anything about the war, that is not surprising though, the bemusing part is that for over 40yrs you refused to educate yourself, shameful huh!
Are you aware that Gowon's mission was to capture the Biafran territories? with Snr Yaradua and Buhari capturing Abakiliki, down to present Ebonyi, Obasanjo, owerri (and the capture of Achuzie), Murtala Mohammed capturing Asaba into Onitsha before retreating to join Snr Yaradua, Isaac adaka boro capturing Rivers, Ibb, tried but failed in the calabar sector but was replaced, and his replacement fought down to Anambra, the fall of Onitsha bridge and the Abagana massacare was Anambra's saving grace, Imo was over run except for Orlu which was the trading hub for the soldiers, and Nnewi was not over run too, Nigerian forces got to Uli airport where Ojukwu took off from.
If Ebonyi, Rivers, Imo, Cross river and most of Anambra all fell what was left of Biafra to warrant the audacity to state that Gowon did not win that war?
No victor no vanquished clap trap was a ploy to make Biafrans feel good in the spirit of reconciliation, without their monies in the bank though!
I cant believe that someone can actually twist history this badly, shame on you!!

U sir are a re.tard. Gowon captured the territory after how many years(over three years) through blockade not fighting, that is the point.

Calculia: Wars are not won on the count of civilian casualty but military casualty. Biafra suffered heavy civilian loses caused by the blockade equivalent to an international strangulation sanction but Nigeria suffered far more military loses at the hands of Biafra with over half a million Nigeria recorded military death. On that count Biafra was victorious.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by jpphilips(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
dontjealousme:

U sir are a re.tard. Gowon captured the territory after how many years through blockade not fighting, that is the point.

what does r@tard mean? is it a compliment? where was the blockade that captured Onitsha mounted? something is telling me you don't know what blockade means! till you answer this simple question?

For the lies that @calculia sold to you that you are pasting everywhere that Biafra killed more Nigerian soldiers, it is not worth discussing, you know why? because it makes you sound like someone with very fresh pubic hairs.

It is an insult to myself to discuss such because a drunk lizard will never think that Biafrans who were sharing dane guns two people to one, could actually kill more people from a more sophisticated Nigerian side, Like I said, it is an insult to disgrace myself discussing it with you, perhaps you should be having that discussion with your secondary school mates.

For the picture you and your cohort showed up there, the event is called the "Abagana Massacre", I am pretty sure your father just gave you the gist whom most likely was hiding behind women at the time, that picture is not an evidence that Biafra killed more Nigerian soldiers, it is preposterous to even think it is possible.

What happened in that picture was that after committing a lot of atrocities in Asaba, Gen.Murtala Muhhamed decided to to cross the River Niger with a 10boat Armada into Onitsha, after 8days of constant bombardment of Onitsha, the biafran forces took to their heels leaving Onitsha defenseless, part of the reason they ran was that a foreign mercenary whom Ojukwu assigned the Onitsha front got injured and was evacuated, that broke the ranks of the Biafran forces, coupled with Murtala's intense fire power.

Murtala did not pursue the fleeing soldiers rather he went to the Onitsha market to loot and burn down the market, on getting the news that his mercenary was down, Ojukwu drafted Joe Achuzie and his warriors to hold the Onithsha sector at all cost.

Joe in a bid to avoid an open confrontation with Murtala's men went and laid ambush at Abagana enrote Enugu, Unfortunately, as if the gods of Asaba was after murtalla for r@ping and killing their women, there was a tanker laden with petrol on that convoy of 96cars carrying supplies most of which was looted from the Onitsha market, Joe Achuzie triggered the "Ogbunigwe" (an improvised Biafran bomb) which exploded the tanker and burnt the convoy.

Murtalla lost 150men out of 200, miraculously, he survived the explosion, you can read more about the Abagana massacare from the book "There was a country" by chinua Achebe. Biafrans celebrate that Massacre till date which in turn made Achuzie and his crew the Biafran war heroes, I know that you are a product of a failed education system so I don't expect you to know that 150 soldiers is a drop in a basin in a war of that magnitude.

As an individual who must have attended roofless classes, I don't equally expect you to know that Most Biafran writers acclaim that the Abagana massacre was the Biafran's highest kill, through out the conflict, it is only m0r0nic to juxtapose it with the kills from Biafran cities upon cities that fell afterwards.

I know your type, you must be looking for an avenue to learn either because you are too poor to afford books or you are too d@ft to understand them, bottom line, i am not gonna give you any more free classes, you can continue discussing the blockade victory with your fellow m0r0ns.

the only thing the Massacre achieved for the Biafran forces was the three months break needed for the Nigerian forces to regroup, and continue their onslaught from where they stopped, personally, I don't see the Abagana massacre as a big plus for the Biafrans, in the usual Biafran way, always Boasting with Irrelevant things, OR they never believed they could kill that much number of the Nigerian forces, hence the the whole generational jubilation grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by dontjealousme: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
jpphilips:

what does r@tard mean? is it a compliment? where was the blockade that captured Onitsha mounted? something is telling me you don't know what blockade means! till you answer this simple question?

Nobody has this time to waste with one who does not know his right from his left. Let me guess, u are yoruba becos u people seem to boast more about the war than any other tribe,, one not learned might assume it was a yoruba v igbo war but the truth is it was a Igbo via Nigeria, US, UK AND Russia war. The igbos sure held their own for over three years, now until yorubas fight a war i expect u to remain silent. Go and make something useful of urself and region and stop fantasising over a war that Nigeria lost but redeemed by the international blockade of biafra that forced them into Nigeria. Get over it, Biafrans have long moved on and soon will hold a referendum to leave Nigeria in ur life time.

jpphilips:
For the lies that @calculia sold to you that you are pasting everywhere that Biafra killed more Nigerian soldiers, it is not worth discussing, you know why? because it makes you sound like someone with very fresh pubic hairs.
It is an insult to myself to discuss such because a drunk lizard will never think that Biafrans who were sharing dane guns two people to one, could actually kill more people from a more sophisticated Nigerian side, Like I said, it is an insult to disgrace myself discussing it with you, perhaps you should be having that discussion with your secondary school mates.
For the picture you and your cohort showed up there, the event is called the "Abagana Massacre", I am pretty sure your father just gave you the gist whom most likely was hiding behind women at the time, that picture is not an evidence that Biafra killed more Nigerian soldiers, it is preposterous to even think it is possible.
What happened in that picture was that after committing a lot of atrocities in Asaba, Gen.Murtala Muhhamed decided to to cross the River Niger with a 10boat Armada into Onitsha, after 8days of constant bombardment of Onitsha, the biafran forces took to their heels leaving Onitsha defenseless, part of the reason they ran was that a foreign mercenary whom Ojukwu assigned the Onitsha front got injured and was evacuated, that broke the ranks of the Biafran forces, coupled with Murtala's intense fire power.
Murtala did not pursue the fleeing soldiers rather he went to the Onitsha market to loot and burn down the market, on getting the news that his mercenary was down, Ojukwu drafted Joe Achuzie and his warriors to hold the Onithsha sector at all cost.
Joe in a bid to avoid an open confrontation with Murtala's men went and laid ambush at Abagana enrote Enugu, Unfortunately, as if the gods of Asaba was after murtalla for r@ping and killing their women, there was a tanker laden with petrol on that convoy of 96cars carrying supplies most of which was looted from the Onitsha market, Joe Achuzie triggered the "Ogbunigwe" (an improvised Biafran bomb) which exploded the tanker and burnt the convoy.
Murtalla lost 150men out of 200, miraculously, he survived the explosion, you can read more about the Abagana massacare from the book "There was a country" by chinua Achebe. Biafrans celebrate that Massacre till date which in turn made Achuzie and his crew the Biafran war heroes, I know that you are a product of a failed education system so I don't expect you to know that 150 soldiers is a drop in a basin in a war of that magnitude.
As an individual who must have attended roofless classes, I don't equally expect you to know that Most Biafran writers acclaim that the Abagana massacre was the Biafran's highest kill, through out the conflict, it is only m0r0nic to juxtapose it with the kills from Biafran cities upon cities that fell afterwards.
I know your type, you must be looking for an avenue to learn either because you are too poor to afford books or you are too d@ft to understand them, bottom line, i am not gonna give you any more free classes, you can continue discussing the blockade victory with your fellow m0r0ns.
the only thing the Massacre achieved for the Biafran forces was the three months break needed for the Nigerian forces to regroup, and continue their onslaught from where they stopped, personally, I don't see the Abagana massacre as a big plus for the Biafrans, in the usual Biafran way, always Boasting with Irrelevant things, OR they never believed they could kill that much number of the Nigerian forces, hence the the whole generational jubilation grin grin.

Now u decide to expand on ur earlier post? U are not just a liar but a cheat. Any nonsense u write has already been emphasized by Calculia. Sorry to break it to u but Nigeria has never won any war. It is not fit to be called a country.. The biggest problem of Nigeria in the words of Sanusi are 'the yorubas'. See the way u are crying over a world war like it was a tribal one. Are u insane? Move on please and accept ur loses. I will like to watch the way u yorubas leave together in Oduduwa not too long now. adios!
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Kalvan1000: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2014

She's so beautiful!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See Moment President Buhari Denies Being A Clone, Crowd Reacts (WATCH) / Final Results Of 2023 Governorship Elections So Far Across States / Soldiers Escort Hausas To Mosque In Aba Following Riot. Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.