Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology (3652 Views)

Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Gidi360Vibe: 9:24am On Aug 08, 2014
[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/Ebola-masked-300x16823.jpg[/img]

Okay, So I just read this on nairaland. .I knew this was a rumour and definitely a prank. salt and water bawo? Ebola is a VIRUS and not a WORM!

Read Below. .

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry– by DRealGeesam1
My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention “News”, My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.

How it started

Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends.

The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).

I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.

I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday
Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

Read more: http://www.maniatrend.com/2014/08/lady-who-started-salt-water-ebola-cure.html
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by emperorchedda(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by pickabeau1: 9:29am On Aug 08, 2014
SAMBARRY shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Odunharry(m): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2014
pickabeau1: SAMBARRY shocked shocked shocked
chai....dia ris godd o
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by pussygotlips: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Unforgiven till she walks naked around market square
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by inositol88(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Adesewa or whatever u call itself, so u turned my birthday into a salty Friday plus a sleepless nyt?, May God forgive u
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by SalC: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Is this true? So who also started the idea of robbing kerosine after bathing with the salt water?
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Agbgift(f): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Alarmist well done o.
What have u gained now?
I never believed this nonsense salt water of a thing.
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Danhumprey: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Mmmmmmmmmtttttttttcccccccchhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww! angry
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Heycube(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2014
Lies upon lies....All na Ebola lies
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by GRAMMATOLOGY(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2014
You are d one dat started all dis?wow congrat!!!#with olamide's voice#story for d gods#u are sorry for all dis?#story dat touches d ynash#u tink we bliv dis?#lafing in pidgin English#lwkmd abeg go bath wif salt b4 u spread it tru dis ur post

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Cymbal: 10:45am On Aug 08, 2014
I don't believe her jhor.
She's just an attention seeker.
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by DrMalik(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2014
WHY WE SHOULDN'T ENCOURAGE SALT-DRINKING AND SALT-BATHING FOR EBOLA VIRAL DISEASE PREVENTION!

By Dr. 'Malik Haruna King [www.withdrmalik.org]

#1: IT IS DECEPTIVE: Just like eating bitter-kola for cure, drinking warm salty water (or bathing with same at night) has absolutely no proven scientific or medical basis or evidence for prevention of EVD. Truth is bitter but it's healthier than salty lies and false hope!

#2: IT IS DISTRACTING: This would distract from the momentum we are trying to create for the effective way of preventing the spread of this deadly virus. Some people might become careless and lessen their commitment to personal hygiene and environmental sanitation!

#3: IT IS DANGEROUS: Salt is powerful--it can kill! That's why for ORT (for diarrhea treatment), we tell you the exact amount of salt and sugar to put in a clearly specified amount of water! Careless drinking and bathing with salt-water, especially if done repeatedly, is NOT advisable. It also raises the blood pressure and affect the skin.

#4: IT IS DISTURBING: I know of countries that have never had a single incidence of "Ebola", but have invested millions of dollars in research, gotten possible vaccines and drugs, done trials in animals (with success ), and have everything ready in case this virus enters their country! People are dying in Nigeria; see what we (including our graduates and scientists) are believing and broadcasting!

Ebola virus disease is NOT (and has not become) airborne! Spread is by physical contact.

For more reliable information, visit: www.ebolafacts.com and www.withdrmalik.org
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by otemanuduno: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
SalC: Is this true? So who also started the idea of robbing kerosine after bathing with the salt water?

She's still d one nah. She started all the whole rumours about EBOLA grin
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by cornelin(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
After taking one full sachet of uncle palm salt into my blood stream and bathing with 50% concentrated salty water and you're here telling me it's an hoax.
You and your silly friends must definately pay for the damages.
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by ignis: 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
This is a funny thread....
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Generica(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hmm...I also learnt a powerful Reverend Father confimed same thing. He said God revealed to him that Ebola is air-borne, spiritual and unleashed by Satan. He further prescribed salt water for all Nigerians.
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by ibullem(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Now I can laugh @ my neighbours who taught I was a fool for not following some nameless dick&harry prescription.

Hahahaha.
One finished a whole pack of Anapuna salt

But come on, how daft can we be?

If it was that easy would anybody had died @all

Hahaha salt ko water ni cheesy
Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by ibullem(m): 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
It was so funny when the calls where coming in from folks in the village.

I was wondering when the world went upside down,

That a guy like me, a computer scientist, with all my gadgets couldn't get a news item as important as that, despite being online all evening.

I laugh in Spanish cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gidi360Vibe: [img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/Ebola-masked-300x16823.jpg[/img]

Okay, So I just read this on nairaland. .I knew this was a rumour and definitely a prank. salt and water bawo? Ebola is a VIRUS and not a WORM!

Read Below. .

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry– by DRealGeesam1
My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention “News”, My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.

How it started

Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends.

The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).

I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.

I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday
Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

Read more: http://www.maniatrend.com/2014/08/lady-who-started-salt-water-ebola-cure.html

i forgive you, but devil will surely punish your miserable life

(1) (Reply)

Bad Breath / British Scientists Discover Way To Stop Sperm Swimming Ability. / Alcohol Makes You Age Faster Than You Can Imagine [photo Proof]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.