Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. (3829 Views)

Urgent Vacancy In Ibadan,ilorin,ogbmosho And Oyo Town / Job Vacancy In Ife-osun, Oshogbo, Ondo And Ibadan And It's Environ. / For Youth Corpers In Lagos, Ogun And Oyo States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by Jamieb(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2014
pls i need urgent reply. after five frustrating months i finally gotca job at NIMC but was posted to ondo state. pls between ondo state and oyo which is better in terms of standard of living. i ask cos am thinking of askin for reposting to Oyo. am just starting and i need a place thats cheap both in accommodation, transport e.t.c so that i can be able to save something. Thanks
Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by santakris(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014
If I were you, I will pick ondo. Food, accommodation, transportation etc are cheap.
Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by Jamieb(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Thanks bro. Pls do you hav idea about cost of accomodation and d light situation.
Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by iamSi(m): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Hehehehehehheeh ... Well, I have tried like 7 states ... I still ran back to Ibadan... And please If ur weakness is women never try Ondo . Their woman live like the Yankee Ladies , they care not when , why and how to give it. If you find one that like you penren Bro .. You are gone. #HonestOpinion though my bro up there abi I lie?
Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by Jamieb(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2014
iamSi: Hehehehehehheeh ... Well, I have tried like 7 states ... I still ran back to Ibadan... And please If ur weakness is women never try Ondo . Their woman live like the Yankee Ladies , they care not when , why and how to give it. If you find one that like you penren Bro .. You are gone. #HonestOpinion though my bro up there abi I lie?
thanks but ma weaknes is nt women. They ar d least in ma think now cos my career comes 1st. About u runin bak to ibadan is it because its very cheap to live in or cos u were born and raised in Ibadan and thus findin it dificult to adapt elsewhere?
Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by iamSi(m): 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
For the record , I wasn't born and raised in IBadan. Or neither raised there ...,
Jamieb: thanks but ma weaknes is nt women. They ar d least in ma think now cos my career comes 1st. About u runin bak to ibadan is it because its very cheap to live in or cos u were born and raised in Ibadan and thus findin it dificult to adapt elsewhere?
Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by roga: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
If you are considering the cost of living, I will tell you to choose ibadan. It is cheaper to ondo in all aspect: food, accomodation, transport fare. Not to say that some house rents in ibadan isn't expensive than that of ondo state(akure, ondo town, owo etc). Above all, both town/state are peaceful, ibadan is a big city.
Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by dhope: 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Jamieb: pls i need urgent reply. after five frustrating months i finally gotca job at NIMC but was posted to ondo state. pls between ondo state and oyo which is better in terms of standard of living. i ask cos am thinking of askin for reposting to Oyo. am just starting and i need a place thats cheap both in accommodation, transport e.t.c so that i can be able to save something. Thanks
my advice for u. i.schooled for 5 yrs in akure and based in ib. if i were u,i prefer ibadan to akure. my reasons are: ondo weather is somehow harsh as it will be hot like sokoto during summer and cold like rivers during d winter. 2. cost of living in akure is higher than dt of ib.by dt i mean food especially. 3. rent in ib too is cost in some areas but it is better dan dt of akure. 4. aside akure as capital u may find it difficult to understand some culture of ondo state pple like carrying of 'oro' and d rest which doesnt happen in ib.

1 Like

Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by candy15: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
My dear I prefer Ibadan to Akure oooo....I spent my service year in Akure and its expensive there compared to Ibadan. The transportation, accommodation, feeding is expensive in Akure and light is very bad at Akure unless you living at govt quarters. Dubious 419 plenty for Akure like seriously. Please go for Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by Jamieb(m): 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Guys thanks so far. I highly appreciate ur comments

1 Like

Re: Help: Between Ondo And Oyo States Which Is Better. by Redman44(m): 2:42am On Jan 16, 2020
candy15:
My dear I prefer Ibadan to Akure oooo....I spent my service year in Akure and its expensive there compared to Ibadan. The transportation, accommodation, feeding is expensive in Akure and light is very bad at Akure unless you living at govt quarters. Dubious 419 plenty for Akure like seriously. Please go for Ibadan.

Just coming across this thread now. I served in Akure too way back in 2005/2006. You are very correct with what you have just said. Seems things have not changed that much in Akure, Ondo State. Light was very bad then in Akure sad sad sad sad sad. I stayed with two fellow corpers in a room at Isolo. Food was a bit expensive too. On accommodation, I can't really say if Akure has more expensive Rooms and Flats to let compared to Ibadan. I schooled in Ibadan but I stayed on the University campus throughout my 4 year degree program. Akure has some positives though smiley smiley smiley smiley. It is a place that is technologically progressive when it comes to internet and cable facilities. You can thrive in Akure as a start-up because the calm atmosphere and quietness to think is there. And I think affordable office space is available too, based on what I noticed in my one year stay in the City. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Industrial Training Placement For Students (4months, 6months And 1year) / Please Don’t Put This Information On Your CV! / Tenaris Nigeria Global Graduate Trainee Programme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.