Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption (826 Views)

Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] / Global Financial Crisis Will Affect Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption by aspiliqueta(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2014
I was furious this morning when an elderly came nocking at my door saying bath with salt and water before midnight (confuse thinking maybe she wan confess ask y) only to hear her say Ebola is coming.
I also got a lot of calls concerning this ignorant believe from a lot of people who are supposedly are literate an me thinking they have common sense. I also came to seek asylum on nairaland only to see it has spread rapidly already^… man I was confuse between been angry or just start crying for NIGERIA. no wonder people don't take us serious.

now I have to say that ignorance and illiteracy and lack of common sense is at the peek of destroying this country, I mean how can someone that went school or have asses to internet can't disipher that salt in water can not cure a vir us.when has virus become a worm,and so many supposed well informed still went ahead and did because other are doing it and claiming prevention is better than cure. it doesn't take a scientist to know that it bullshit and a joke.
I know most Nigerians we went to school,have certificate are exposed have internet and everything but the illiteracy and ignorance am talking about is not knowing how to read and write an all that but seeing the obvious and do otherwise. why can't we just no to no and yes to yes. example a man on nairaland that called himself scientist said he knows it was wrong but went ahead and did it any way. why do we doubt ourselves so much that we are afraid to do what is right.
Am not saying this because of the virus alone but in everything from politics to business to social living and that is why we are easily exploited by the politicians who even them surfer from this same issue.
that is why we as a country can easily insulted outside and we can't defend it.
that is the future of this country is in the balance today because the younger generation are wallowing in ignorance on the basis of superstitious believe on that ground that nature will take I course and all we be well. how can it be well when we can't say no and waiting for the first person to start before we all follow.
we as Nigerians need to stop been the follower and follow what is right course good thing can only happen when you say no to the bad ones.

I love this country and everybody body in it but it pains me when I see the youth lavish in ignorance and silent rather than do what is right. we keep complaining nothing is good in this country but we keep voting for the same old people and nothin ever happens. I mean we know there are wrong for it but we do it anyways. will it harm anybody anybody if we refuse to let them use us and just do the right thing.
we all know doing the right thing pays well in the long run. we serious need to put religion, believe,and the stupid idea of waiting for somebody to start first.what will it take if a youth come out for governor I mean if the elders are rotten must we also be.
IT TIME FOR NIGERIANS TO START BEING THE LEADER INSTEAD OF THE FOLLOWERS.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2014
But corruption is the cause of Ignorance and Illitracy
aspiliqueta: I was furious this morning when an elderly came nocking at my door saying bath with salt and water before midnight (confuse thinking maybe she wan confess ask y) only to hear her say Ebola is coming.
I also got a lot of calls concerning this ignorant believe from a lot of people who are supposedly are literate an me thinking they have common sense. I also came to seek asylum on nairaland only to see it has spread rapidly already^… man I was confuse between been angry or just start crying for NIGERIA. no wonder people don't take us serious.

now I have to say that ignorance and illiteracy and lack of common sense is at the peek of destroying this country, I mean how can someone that went school or have asses to internet can't disipher that salt in water can not cure a vir us.when has virus become a worm,and so many supposed well informed still went ahead and did because other are doing it and claiming prevention is better than cure. it doesn't take a scientist to know that it bullshit and a joke.
I know most Nigerians we went to school,have certificate are exposed have internet and everything but the illiteracy and ignorance am talking about is not knowing how to read and write an all that but seeing the obvious and do otherwise. why can't we just no to no and yes to yes. example a man on nairaland that called himself scientist said he knows it was wrong but went ahead and did it any way. why do we doubt ourselves so much that we are afraid to do what is right.
Am not saying this because of the virus alone but in everything from politics to business to social living and that is why we are easily exploited by the politicians who even them surfer from this same issue.
that is why we as a country can easily insulted outside and we can't defend it.
that is the future of this country is in the balance today because the younger generation are wallowing in ignorance on the basis of superstitious believe on that ground that nature will take I course and all we be well. how can it be well when we can't say no and waiting for the first person to start before we all follow.
we as Nigerians need to stop been the follower and follow what is right course good thing can only happen when you say no to the bad ones.

I love this country and everybody body in it but it pains me when I see the youth lavish in ignorance and silent rather than do what is right. we keep complaining nothing is good in this country but we keep voting for the same old people and nothin ever happens. I mean we know there are wrong for it but we do it anyways. will it harm anybody anybody if we refuse to let them use us and just do the right thing.
we all know doing the right thing pays well in the long run. we serious need to put religion, believe,and the stupid idea of waiting for somebody to start first.what will it take if a youth come out for governor I mean if the elders are rotten must we also be.
IT TIME FOR NIGERIANS TO START BEING THE LEADER INSTEAD OF THE FOLLOWERS.
Re: Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption by dexentity: 11:43am On Aug 08, 2014
I concur but proofread your write up.
And the heading too, I think you will need the help of a dictionary. Some of your spellings are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2014
You are damn right.....!!
Re: Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption by aspiliqueta(m): 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
dexentity: I concur but proofread your write up.
And the heading too, I think you will need the help of a dictionary. Some of your spellings are wrong.

i was rushing course I was angry about the whole situation I never thought it was actually posted.
Re: Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
dexentity: I concur but proofread your write up.
Mr man, before you ask him to make corrections, you also need to correct your post because you have also made grammatical errors and have misspelt some words! grin
Re: Ignorance And Illitracy Affect Nigeria More Than Curruption by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mrdifferent: Mr man, before you ask him to make corrections, you also need to correct your post because you have also made grammatical errors and have misspelt some words! grin
tmr man is informal,just simple correction,(waiting for someone to correct me too)

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Speaks Agains Tinubu And APC / HISTORY : Peter Obi Is One Of The Few Governors Who Served Under 3 Presidents / Imagine Nigerians Tackling Corruption And Moral Decadence as Ebola Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.