Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (19241 Views)

Latest Wigs Trends :box Braids On Wigs / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by gameboi: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Arsenate(m): 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
the irony is that guys don't and can't even differentiate between the very expensive wigs and the cheap ones. personally, I prefer ladies with good old braids. chuku and front tinns...lol

4 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Euphrosyne(m): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
u gat to be kiddin me
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Chris95(m): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Am i on d front page?? shocked
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by godG: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
Apparently, African male magas are still paying.

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
And so what? Whatever makes us happy andfeel beautiful, we go head-on for it.
How much we spend to look good, That's none of your business tho :p

4 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Debeloved87(m): 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
next topic pls......
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
kamez: HmMm.. And I ve been here wasting my time doing white collar job. Instead of opening brazillian and peruvian hair bizness..

Choi I'm really sleeping on mouka foam..

Brazillian hair importation here I come!!
Abi oh. Nigerian-based ladies may account for, at least, $2bn of the African market. And $2bn= N320bn! it's really a lucrative business.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Austyn44(m): 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
Abeg these hair extensions dey increase I.Q? undecided
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Sibrah: 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
1 More reason for Ebola trial drug company to want to charge us. If they can spend somuch for hair the they can afford much more for . . .

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by shadowwalker201: 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
is that so
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
This is unbelievable. I am going start a saloon business ASAP
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by aieo(m): 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ladystewie: Hian! What are you saying?
W hat does insecurity have to do with this?
Black Women don't do it because they hate their nappy hair, or that they want to look like white woman
It's just another beauty 'routine', like make up
And I believe women should do anything that'd make them feel beautiful
At whose expense? smh
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
I don't think it's anyone's business what a lady decides to do with her money
It's also foolish to suggest that it's low self-esteem
And to say black women have 'impoverished intellect'?
Oya, come and 'feed' our intellect
So that we would know better
shikaan: yes u do.. that is why u ppl have impoverished intellects and bleached faces.

3 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ladystewie: Hian! What are you saying?
W hat does insecurity have to do with this?
Black Women don't do it because they hate their nappy hair, or that they want to look like white woman
It's just another beauty 'routine', like make up
And I believe women should do anything that'd make them feel beautiful

Yeah what makes them feel beautiful, that's exactly what I'm saying. Most black women only feel beautiful while wearing fake hair.

This is more than just a beauty routine, it's a way of life. How can you replace your natural hair with a synthetic hair that looks like that of other races, and tell me it just a beauty routine, it's pure insecurity.

8 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
And it is usually us men who directly and indirectly pay for all that. What a shame

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by victor08(m): 9:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
[size=28pt]I'm going into this business next year.

Wigs, attachments, Relaxers, Shampoo, Perfumes, ladies accessories etc[/size]

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Beauty and insecurity are different aspects
A woman could be beautiful and still be insecure
Is it the fact that the weaves look like hair from women of other races that makes you conclude that it's insecurity?
50calibre:

Yeah what makes them feel beautiful, that's exactly what I'm saying. Most black women only feel beautiful while wearing fake hair.

This is more than just a beauty routine, it's a way of life. How can you replace your natural hair with a synthetic hair that looks like that of other races, and tell me it just a beauty routine, it's pure insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by uzolexis(f): 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:

oh pls stop with the insecurity thing already,it's old,stale and baseless. A woman should be allowed to wear her hair however she likes it, natural or artificial it's nobody's buisness. African ladies rock with or without weaves......I love my fellow African women kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by TheBigUrban2: 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
And how much do white women spend on anti-aging cream? Cosmetics? Tanning?

Abegi.....stop using this as a means to bash African women.

Europeans and Americans treat their women with class. We are here bashing and degrading them.

We are forgetting that women are our other half of the population.

8 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by swtme(f): 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
And most of them still squat n use leg-e-des benz, they don't even own a land talk more of a house....

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
swtme: And most of them still squat n use leg-e-des benz, they don't even own a land talk more of a house....
Lol. Everyone wan belong grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by jennylove7575(f): 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
Stories for sango...some boring research on hair extention... $7billion on wigs and so? Abegi...yawn yawn..
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by akpanikpe(m): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omo, na to go introduce daday showkey hair ramain. I sure say e go sale die.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by swtme(f): 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
CFCfan:
Lol. Everyone wan belong grin

Abi o. ..stupid things they do waste of time n money
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ladystewie: Beauty and insecurity are different aspects
A woman could be beautiful and still be insecure
Is it the fact that the weaves look like hair from women of other races that makes you conclude that it's insecurity?

In this context, they are related. Insecurity isn't limited to ugly women, a beautiful woman can feel insecure because she feels she isn't beautiful. The opinion of others don't matter, what matters is what she feels.

Same applies to black women, often times I say a black woman adorning her natural hair looks beautiful, but they don't agree with this.

Why must black women buy fake hair which looks like that of other races, what message does that send? These days you see a black woman confidently wearing a straightened blonde weave, accepting compliments with smiles on their faces.

Don't you suddenly realise it's all fake? I don't get how I can wear a Caucasian hair or put on a Caucasian mask on my face and feel confident.

6 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Mobsync(m): 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nearby, three customers – one in a hijab – wait for a turn to spend several hours and $40 to have their hair done, a hefty sum in a country where many
live on less than $2 a day

And when would all these nonsense western news outlets stop all the bullshit about Nigerians living on less than $1 and $2. Trying to make us look like poverty ridden sets of people.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
uzolexis:

oh pls stop with the insecurity thing already,it's old,stale and baseless. A woman should be allowed to wear her hair however she likes it, natural or artificial it's nobody's buisness. African ladies rock with or without weaves......I love my fellow African women kiss kiss

You're either in denial or just deceiving yourself. Its not stale, it can never be stale as its a clear and ongoing issue with black women.

You can choose to accept or not but the realities are undeniable.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beautiful Singer Waje Celebrates Her Easter With Astonishing Pictures / I Want My Hair Turned Back To Natural. Urgent Advice On Procedure. / Makeup Tutorials....step Up Your Make Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.