Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:34 PM

Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology (921 Views)

If You Had Bath With Salt Water To Prevent Ebola, Pls Do This / Salt Water Bathe To Prevent Ebola Virus? Who Started It And How True Is It?? / Ebola Bathing With Warm Salt Water- Hoax Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by berrylyn26: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
She posted her apology on Nairaland

My confession and apology

My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.

How it started

Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke brought the idea of us playing a prank on our friends.

The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe vera could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).

I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.

I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later at midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

See more here: http:///nigerian-lady-who-started-the-salt-water-ebola-cure-rumour-tenders-apology/

Do you believe this or someone is trying to get famous with the salt and water trend
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by chison89: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ahahaha,it has gone viral

I hope this silly joke will not cause damage on some persons health
Re: Nigerian Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour, Tenders Apology by Deiok(m): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
And now she is arrested for starting such a rumor, or is the news also part of her scam?.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Beautiful Married Nigerian Celebrities / Opinion: Space Bookers On Nairaland Should Be Ban. / Public Speaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.