Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. (2938 Views)

That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. / Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. / Alfa Bible Studies: God Is A Liar! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2014
I wonder if it was at the same time shocked shocked shocked shocked

I will let the bible speak for itself.

1 Samuel 14:49-50

49 Saul’s sons were Jonathan, Ishvi and Malki-Shua. The name of his older daughter was Merab, and that of the younger was Michal. 50 His wife’s name was Ahinoam daughter of Ahimaaz. The name of the commander of Saul’s army was Abner son of Ner, and Ner was Saul’s uncle.

1 Samuel 18:20

20 Now Saul's daughter Michal loved David. And they told Saul, and the thing pleased him.

1 Samuel 18:27

27 David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king's son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

1 Samuel 25:43

43 David also took Ahinoam of Jezreel, and both of them became his wives.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2014
You no dey tire
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by DKJaleel: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2014
All these biblical playboys sha... Thank God for the holy spirit in you AlfaSeltzer, cos we need the holy spirit to understand things like this...
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:59am On Aug 09, 2014
brito: You no dey tire

I'm in a fucking warfare. Can't afford to get tired. This weird book is leading my people astray.

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

I'm in a fucking warfare. Can't afford to get tired. This weird book is leading my people astray.

Why not talk about your own book to your followers
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
brito:

Why not talk about your own book to your followers

Shouldn't you be happy I'm reading your book?
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by enm(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nothing point to David sleeping with mother and daughter here. One is ahinoam daughter of ahimaaz while the other one was from jezreel though no mention was made of the family she came from. Note that two or more people can be bearing the same name in a location. its just like mike marrying a lady whose mother name is abigail and along the line he started dating a lady name abigail, would you say mike is doing daughter and mother even if both lady originate from same place? There is nothing confusing here and if David is guilty of sleeping with mother and daughter it will be recorded so, so bro chill and have a nice weekend

2 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by Dragonking: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
I can assure you that many christian dont know about this..

but David like to fvck to the extent he killed another innocent man just because he wanted to fvck the wife...shame to the followers of this book.

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by Sylvekzee(m): 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Well it says "took" and not "bleeped" exactly. How do you know he didn't take her for a different reason other than the obvious?
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
enm: Nothing point to David sleeping with mother and daughter here. One is ahinoam daughter of ahimaaz while the other one was from jezreel though no mention was made of the family she came from. Note that two or more people can be bearing the same name in a location. its just like mike marrying a lady whose mother name is abigail and along the line he started dating a lady name abigail, would you say mike is doing daughter and mother even if both lady originate from same place? There is nothing confusing here and if David is guilty of sleeping with mother and daughter it will be recorded so, so bro chill and have a nice weekend

This is where you are wrong and shows that you are not well versed in biblical literature. Let me enlighten you.

See 2 Samuel 12:7-8, where yahweh, through his prophet Nathan was confirming that the two Ahinoams are actually the same person. The wife of Saul.

2 Samuel 12:7-8

7 Then Nathan said to David, ‘You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: “I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.

2 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
Sylvekzee: Well it says "took" and not "bleeped" exactly. How do you know he didn't take her for a different reason other than the obvious?

If it makes you sleep better. ok.

However, there are numerous other "takings" in the bible that resulted in child birth. Understand what you want.

2 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by malvisguy212: 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: I wonder if it was at the same time shocked shocked shocked shocked

I will let the bible speak for itself.

1 Samuel 14:49-50

49 Saul’s sons were Jonathan, Ishvi and Malki-Shua. The name of his older daughter was Merab, and that of the younger was Michal. 50 His wife’s name was Ahinoam daughter of Ahimaaz. The name of the commander of Saul’s army was Abner son of Ner, and Ner was Saul’s uncle.

1 Samuel 18:20

20 Now Saul's daughter Michal loved David. And they told Saul, and the thing pleased him.

1 Samuel 18:27

27 David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king's son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

1 Samuel 25:43

43 David also took Ahinoam of Jezreel, and both of them became his wives.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
yes, david do all this, he was a sinner,din't you see how his household pay for his immorality?all his children died prematurely, his son absallom killed his brother ammon.All this was a result of his sin, the reason why God favour david,start from abraham , God said he will bless abraham offspring that include david, moreover david repent of his sin, ask for forgivness.
THE DEVIL IS A LIER.

4 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
malvisguy212: yes, david do all this, he was a sinner,din't you see how his household pay for his immorality?all his children died prematurely, his son absallom killed his brother ammon.All this was a result of his sin, the reason why God favour david,start from abraham , God said he will bless abraham offspring that include david, moreover david repent of his sin, ask for forgivness.
THE DEVIL IS A LIER.

If you think the insanity in the house of David is painting your god in a good light, think again.

Note also that it is god who gave those married women to David in the first place. 2 Samuel 12:7-8. How does David's household pay for the work of god? the god of confusion?

And god also sent his son, the nazarene, via the lineage of David. Incoherent god.

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by sebali: 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

If you think the insanity in the house of David is painting your god in a good light, think again.

Note also that it is god who gave those married women to David in the first place. 2 Samuel 12:7-8. How does David's household pay for the work of god? the god of confusion?

And god also sent his son, the nazarene, via the lineage of David. Incoherent god.

first d woman(ahinoam) being saul's wife does not mak her d mother of david's wife(michal) as we all kn kings den use to tak more dan one wife.(confirmed by nathan's quote "wives"wink

again nathan saying he(David) married saul's wives doesnt necessarily say Ahinoam(remember it read wives)

finally david's household was not punished because he married from saul's household bt because of wat he did to Uriah(if dats hw it is spelt)
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
sebali:

first d woman(ahinoam) being saul's wife does not mak her d mother of david's wife(michal) as we all kn kings den use to tak more dan one wife.(confirmed by nathan's quote "wives"wink

again nathan saying he(David) married saul's wives doesnt necessarily say Ahinoam(remember it read wives)

finally david's household was not punished because he married from saul's household bt because of wat he did to Uriah(if dats hw it is spelt)

Except David married an Ahinoam. What coincidence!

About Uriah, David was actually rewarded because the bastard son from that adulterous relationship became king.

2 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by plaetton: 2:44am On Aug 10, 2014
Good work Alpha. Lol.

By the way, those foreskins that David killed 200 Philistines for, guess what is a foreskin, and guess what Saul used them for. grin

The Bible's best kept secret.
cool

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by malvisguy212: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

this was a promise God made to the house of isreal, do you want God not to fulfilled his promise because david sin?man is not perfect, anyone can make mistake, dint you read were I said, david was a sinner and he ask for forgiveness?as long as he pray , God forgive him, about 80% of the book of psalm, david wrote it, go and read it and see how he pleaded for his sin, the devil must be ashamed of you.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by sebali: 8:08am On Aug 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Except David married an Ahinoam. What coincidence!

About Uriah, David was actually rewarded because the bastard son from that adulterous relationship became king.

Coincidence are possible dats why it is in English language.

Pls xplain hw does solomon being king rewards david.

Again david suffered for Uriah's death; my take is dat u read d bible so u definitely kn at a tym his sons were looking for his head.

btw: i lik d fact dat u argue with facts and try to convince rada dan insult d oda person .
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2014
malvisguy212: this was a promise God made to the house of isreal, do you want God not to fulfilled his promise because david sin?man is not perfect, anyone can make mistake, dint you read were I said, david was a sinner and he ask for forgiveness?as long as he pray , God forgive him, about 80% of the book of psalm, david wrote it, go and read it and see how he pleaded for his sin, the devil must be ashamed of you.

I am talking of mother daughter incestuous 3some sanctioned by god and you are talking of promises and psalms.
Soon you will tell me it was all god's plan.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2014
sebali:

Again david suffered for Uriah's death; my take is dat u read d bible so u definitely kn at a tym his sons were looking for his head.

btw: i lik d fact dat u argue with facts and try to convince rada dan insult d oda person .

A good read of the bible will show you that Ahinoam/David relationship is no coincidence. It has already been shown that the bible was talking of the same woman though modern day xtians are uncomfortable with that and are trying to convince us that yahweh was talking about two different women. Here is another instance of even her own husband accusing her of whoring whith David.

1 Samuel 20:30

30 Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's unclothedness?

Any father feels pride and accomplishment at the success of his son. Your bible said that yahweh punished david's adultery by killing his children but this same yahweh spared the baby born of that adultery.

It's the godly that insult people up and down. I am not godly. I belong to Satan.

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by plaetton: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
sebali:

The point is that Solomon is a product of a perversely immoral relationship. A relation that had earlier shed the blood of an innocent man.
It is also interesting that the so-called messiah of the world also supposedly came from that tainted lineage.

2 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by crown86: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
The only issue that cast doubt on the identity of Ahinoam the wife of Saul and Ahinoam the Jezreelites, the wife of David is the same wife of Saul could not have given birth to the first son of David. The same mother of Jonathan remember. Jonathan was 42 years old when David who was 15 years old killed Goliath. So it is safe to conclude that Ahinoam the daughter of Ahimaaz wife Saul would be around 62 years. it is therefore difficult it was this same Ahinoam that David married.

Yes, the Bible place priority on Ahinoam as the first wife of David, the Jezreelites but we dont know his father's name. Also, i think is only logical for David to resist marrying the Mother of Michal as you know Michal was later restored to David. While Michal was with the other man Saul gave her to by wicked adviser Doeg to Saul. However, the man did not sleep with Michal.

One thing is sure, if David did a terrible act of Incest, it would be stated in the scripture but it wasn't. Now for the fact the Prophet Nathan said I gave you Saul harems' doesnt confirmed he married all of Saul wife. Also note, the number of wives allowed by King to marry is eighteen according to Rabbi. Deut 17:17 and David had 6.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
crown86: The only issue that cast doubt on the identity of Ahinoam the wife of Saul and Ahinoam the Jezreelites, the wife of David is the same wife of Saul could not have given birth to the first son of David. The same mother of Jonathan remember. Jonathan was 42 years old when David who was 15 years old killed Goliath. So it is safe to conclude that Ahinoam the daughter of Ahimaaz wife Saul would be around 62 years. it is therefore difficult it was this same Ahinoam that David married.

Yes, the Bible place priority on Ahinoam as the first wife of David, the Jezreelites but we dont know his father's name. Also, i think is only logical for David to resist marrying the Mother of Michal as you know Michal was later restored to David. While Michal was with the other man Saul gave her to by wicked adviser Doeg to Saul. However, the man did not sleep with Michal.

One thing is sure, if David did a terrible act of Incest, it would be stated in the scripture but it wasn't. Now for the fact the Prophet Nathan said I gave you Saul harems' doesnt confirmed he married all of Saul wife. Also note, the number of wives allowed by King to marry is eighteen according to Rabbi. Deut 17:17 and David had 6.

Where did you get the info that Jonathan was 42 when David was 15? Anyway, that's not the topic of this thread.

I don't think David cared about the ages of the women he slept with. To him, all hole na hole and to do mother and daughter is the fantasy of most men. And those Isrealite kings are very good at realising their fantasies.

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by crown86: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Where did you get the info that Jonathan was 42 when David was 15? Anyway, that's not the topic of this thread.

I don't think David cared about the ages of the women he slept with. To him, all hole na hole and to do mother and daughter is the fantasy of most men. And those Isrealite kings are very good at realising their fantasies.

Aside the fact that the Ahinoam the daughter of Ahimaaz would be too old for David to marry and would have reach menopausal age. There is another twist to it.

Ahinoam the Jezreelites and Abigail followed David together with his followers to the land of Philistines to escape from Saul. During this time a Civil war broke out and there is no way Ahinoam the wife of Saul would be the same wife of David or follow him to Philistine.

"27:1 And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.
27:2 And David arose, and he passed over with the six hundred men that were with him unto Achish, the son of Maoch, king of Gath [see Gath of the Philistines]. 27:3 And David dwelt with Achish at Gath, he and his men, every man with his household, even David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal's wife.27:4 And it was told Saul that David was fled to Gath: and he sought no more again for him." (1 Samuel 27:1-4 KJV)

For the singular fact that Ahinoam was married to David before the demise of Saul and followed David to escape from Saul cancels out funny permutation that Ahinoam the wife of Saul was the same wife of David knowing full well the great respect that David had for Saul. He couldn't even kill him when he had the once in a life time to kill him. How much more taking his wife while he King Saul was alive and Jonathan as while. What a parochial conclusion!

Alfa...as much as I appreciate the depth you go deep to sort out issues in the scriptures always have a balance eye and do your research deeply.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
crown86:

Aside the fact that the Ahinoam the daughter of Ahimaaz would be too old for David to marry and would have reach menopausal age. There is another twist to it.

Ahinoam the Jezreelites and Abigail followed David together with his followers to the land of Philistines to escape from Saul. During this time a Civil war broke out and there is no way Ahinoam the wife of Saul would be the same wife of David or follow him to Philistine.

"27:1 And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.
27:2 And David arose, and he passed over with the six hundred men that were with him unto Achish, the son of Maoch, king of Gath [see Gath of the Philistines]. 27:3 And David dwelt with Achish at Gath, he and his men, every man with his household, even David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal's wife.27:4 And it was told Saul that David was fled to Gath: and he sought no more again for him." (1 Samuel 27:1-4 KJV)

For the singular fact that Ahinoam was married to David before the demise of Saul and followed David to escape from Saul cancels out funny permutation that Ahinoam the wife of Saul was the same wife of David knowing full well the great respect that David had for Saul. He couldn't even kill him when he had the once in a life time to kill him. How much more taking his wife while he King Saul was alive and Jonathan as while. What a parochial conclusion!

Alfa...as much as I appreciate the depth you go deep to sort out issues in the scriptures always have a balance eye and do your research deeply.

One thing with David was that he was very fond of other people's wives. You see, Abigail was Nabal's wife before David took her. Bathsheba was the wife of Uriah before David took her. Infact unmarried maidens seem not to interest david. When unmarried Merab was offered to him, he wasn't interested. He even bandoned his previously unmarried first wife, Michal, who became so frustrated that her father gave her in marriage to another man. It was after Micah married another man that David became again interested in her and fought to get her back. So don't tell me that Ahinoam wasn't someone's wife previously because if so, David wouldn't have looked twice at her.

But let us actually read the bible here, if you permit. What did the bible say?

Fact: Saul had only one wife: Ahinoam. 1 Samuel 14:49-50
Fact: Saul had only one concubine: Rizpah. 2 Samuel 3:7
Fact: A wife and a concubine together forms a plural word that is translated as wives. i.e. one's women.
Fact: God gave Saul's women (wives) to David. 2 Samuel 12:8

All these are from the bible. Are you trying to tell us that the bible is wrong and that you are right?
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. by crown86: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

One thing with David was that he was very fond of other people's wives. You see, Abigail was Nabal's wife before David took her. Bathsheba was the wife of Uriah before David took her. Infact unmarried maidens seem not to interest david. When unmarried Merab was offered to him, he wasn't interested. He even bandoned his previously unmarried first wife, Michal, who became so frustrated that her father gave her in marriage to another man. It was after Micah married another man that David became again interested in her and fought to get her back. So don't tell me that Ahinoam wasn't someone's wife previously because if so, David wouldn't have looked twice at her.

But let us actually read the bible here, if you permit. What did the bible say?

Fact: Saul had only one wife: Ahinoam. 1 Samuel 14:49-50
Fact: Saul had only one concubine: Rizpah. 2 Samuel 3:7
Fact: A wife and a concubine together forms a plural word that is translated as wives. i.e. one's women.
Fact: God gave Saul's women (wives) to David. 2 Samuel 12:8

All these are from the bible. Are you trying to tell us that the bible is wrong and that you are right?

Interesting! you are trying to really twist the scripture to your level. I start with the subject of David marrying other people's wives.

If you want to use the scriptures as your basis of argument. then stick to it and dont be presumptous! It is clear to you now that Ahinoam the wife of David was not the Ahinoam, the daughter of Jezreelites. Now to state that the same Ahinoam must have been the wife of another man probably that was what elicitied the libido of David. That's wrong! It wasn't in the scriptures and you cant conclude like that.

There are other wives of David that little were known about them Haggith, Abitah and Eglah- we knew little about them other than their children to David.

Now to Prophet Nathan, "Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I anointed thee over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul, and I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom," etc. But Saul's wives did not become David's wives, and hence that comma should not have been placed after "house," and the word should have been translated "women," not "wives.” According to tradition, when a new King emerges, every possession of the other king is in possession. So the context of Nathan declaration was in tandem to possessing and taking care of them by way of provision and protection and not sexuality!

Also Rizpeah, the concubine of Saul, David had her two sons hanged at the request of the Gibeonite. David wont treat his own wife like this.

Study the word properly and not with a gainsaying mind or cheap popularity. Yes David had lot of issues with his passion for women but he did not commit incest sleeping with her mother-in-law and wife. He married Abigail after the demise of Nabal. No law stop him from doing so!

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Logicboy01? / Is Allah Praying To Allah Here? / ⚫⚫After the first rapture the second coming of Jesus is Going To be The Last Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.