Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! (6301 Views)

Pls Help!! He Said He Is Going To Leave Me If I Still Refuse Him Sex / I've Tried So Much But Ladies Wouldn't Leave Me Be....(pics) / If Your Husband Slaps You A Few Weeks After The Wedding Will You Stay Or Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Gamine(f): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2008
I was listening to a song which has my topic as its main theme, very funky nice song grin

but it got me thinking. cool

Why Do people waste their time pretending, why the stress? undecided undecided

Either you love someone or you find your square-root.

We have only one life to live na.

If you dont love someone, dont waste their time

If Someone dosnt love you, Dont waste your time, Leave!

i hope people can see reason behind this.

1 Like

Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by eldee(m): 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2008
How about building the love while in the relationship??
Anything wrong with that??

1 Like

Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2008
Love must already have a foundation to which to build it from.
One cannot build love from nothing, if there is no base, worry yourself not with building love.

If you do not love him, leave him.
Time may build love if there's already an attraction.
If not, you're wasting time.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Gamine(f): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2008
Before you enter a relationship

You know if you are serious or not

even if you dont "love" at the moment, you want to build on it.

Im not talking about the person who has a committed heart.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Tgirl4real(f): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2008
eldee:

How about building the love while in the relationship??
Anything wrong with that??

I dont see anything wrong in building ur love while in a relationship. I see love as a commitment, a choice u make. Emotions can follow from there. I see true love for the matured minds.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by ifyalways(f): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2008
lol
There are people i meet and know i can NEVER love them,no matter what.So basically,rather than wasting their time and deceiving them,its better i just leave them alone.infact make i comot for road,no turn to barrier for someone else. cheesy so says Gamine tongue
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by eldee(m): 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2008
Tgirl4real:

I don't see anything wrong in building ur love while in a relationship. I see love as a commitment, a choice u make. Emotions can follow from there. I see true love for the matured minds.
I'll take that as 'Eldee's right . . . spot on as usual' grin grin
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2008
Love is too strong an emotion for any mind. Mature or not.

In time, Love fades.

Do people actually feel love? Do people understand the concept of love?

Then why does love come a-knocking as an uninvited guest, then leaves at it's own timing?

Is there even such thing as love? Is it selective? Understanding that it is not racist, is it sexist?
I mean, why do women love completely, but men barely love?

Is it a must for anyone to love? or is it an emotion that we feel we must behold or understand?

Why do humans so much want to love, when they hardly understand the power it holds?

I still do not understand why we say I Love you, when we actually do not.

Is love a privilege? a blessing? a honor? an obligation? or is it an advantage?

Or is Love a mystery that prfers to stay unsolved? Or is it a myth from the time of Cupid and Zeus, an expression that humans believe but yet not real?

If anyone can define love, inform me of where it lives, and who he is, tyrant or not, then I would indeed believe Love is real.

1 Like

Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Gamine(f): 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2008
Right? you wish undecided

Like Ify said, When i meet a dude

i always know two things, if there is Hope or NO HOPE

Girls know these things

don't be a chuku chuku for another pesin o tongue

Love is goes beyond feelings, its in what you DO

thats what people dont get.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Sauron1: 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2008
eldee:

I believe in miracles. . . . .
When there's a reasonable level of close proximity between a man and a woman(love usually develops).
It is not what people plan or intend doing. . . . Shit just happen.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Tgirl4real(f): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2008
eldee:

U bet . . .  tongue

D problem we have is that we define love as merely emotions. What about the commitments. There is such a thing as lust and infatuation and people just mistake them as LOVE. Have u ever wondered how couples cope in d olden days. They don't date, yet they get married and LOVE.

@Ruby, true love does exist. True, pure, untainted love.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2008
Tgirl4real:

U bet . . . tongue

D problem we have is that we define love as merely emotions. What about the commitments. There is such a thing as lust and infatuation. Have u ever how couples cope in d olden days. They don't date, yet they get married and LOVE.

True love, eh.

So what do we call the tainted love?

Is love everlasting? If yes, then why does it die? Why do we love one minute, then dnt in the next hr?

What do you call the love that makes ppl kill, that makes ppl commit suicide? Or is that not love?

Is love sth we should be looking forward to, or sth we should try to avoid?

@topic
Does pity make one pretend to love someone one does not love?
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by eldee(m): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

I believe in miracles. . . . .
When there's a reasonable level of close proximity between a man and a woman(love usually develops).
It is not what people plan or intend doing. . . . Shit just happen.
Exactly what I'm finding difficult to explain in Anglais
The whole 'Love at first sight' thing only exists in chic flics

Tgirl4real:

U bet . . .  tongue

D problem we have is that we define love as merely emotions. What about the commitments. There is such a thing as lust and infatuation and people just mistake them as LOVE. Have u ever wondered how couples cope in d olden days. They don't date, yet they get married and LOVE.

Real love is built . . . it doesn't just sprout
Like a seed, it needs to be watered . . . till it becomes as strong as a bad habit
You begin to share things in common, even your differences hold you together

Is that not how our parents built marriages that lasted generations??
Now look at Guy and Madge
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by eldee(m): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2008
Gamine:

Right? you wish undecided

Like Ify said, When i meet a dude

i always know two things, if there is Hope or NO HOPE

Girls know these things

don't be a chuku chuku for another pesin o tongue

Love is goes beyond feelings, its in what you DO

thats what people don't get.
Yeah it goes beyond what you think the first minute you see him
It might come after getting to know him
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by cooldud62: 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2008
hmmmmmmmmm,
what about the gurl after money?
she wont love yet she wont leave undecided
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Tgirl4real(f): 6:51pm On Oct 18, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

True love, eh.

So what do we call the tainted love?

Is love everlasting? If yes, then why does it die? Why do we love one minute, then dnt in the next hr?

What do you call the love that makes people kill, that makes people commit suicide? Or is that not love?

Is love sth we should be looking forward to, or sth we should try to avoid?

@topic
Does pity make one pretend to love someone one does not love?

If we want to follow God's original plan, love should be everlasting. Humans are generally selfish dat is fine we can't love truly. We usually want to love our own way and at the same tym expect to get the best from our partner,

Love hurts cos u hav to sacrifice so much.

As for the love that makes u kill, it is nothing else that obsession. If u truly love someone, u will be willing to let go of somethings. As i said earlier, Love is mainly a decision. U choose to love whether u feel smthn or not. Later emotions can build. Ofcourse, that doesn't mean u can't have true love when emotions already exist.  tongue

And it is wrong to love outta pity. That is very bad.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2008
But yet, John Donne decribes Love as

Ah, what a trifle is a heart,
If once into love's hands it come !
All other griefs allow a part
To other griefs, and ask themselves but some ;
They come to us, but us love draws ;
He swallows us and never chaws ;
By him, as by chain'd shot, whole ranks do die ;
He is the tyrant pike, our hearts the fry.

I am to assume that "but us love draws" means that we do not decide who to love or when to love.
It comes on it's timing and leaves on it's own timing.
We do not decide who to love or who breaks our heart.
If Love is a decision, don't you think ppl would be less heart broken since they can [i]decide [/i]not to love that person after he/she denies their love?
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2008
Tgirl4real:

And it is wrong to love out of pity. That is very bad.
Yes, I know.
I've done that before, but it is hard to keep it up.
If one does not have a foundation on which to build love, thinking in time love will evolve , then one is wrong.

If there is no friendship, no attraction, no chemistry, then there is no hope for love.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Tgirl4real(f): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

But yet, John Donne decribes Love as

I am to assume that "but us love draws" means that we do not decide who to love or when to love.
It comes on it's timing and leaves on it's own timing.
We do not decide who to love or who breaks our heart.
If Love is a decision, don't you think people would be less heart broken since they can [i]decide [/i]not to love that person after he/she denies their love?

That is y u love with ur head not just with ur heart. When ur senses are intact, u can decide when to fall in and out of love. I'm not overlooking the place of attraction here which is equivalent to emotions. Emotions may be there. But true love is not built on emotions only.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Gamine(f): 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2008
Love is indeed a Choice, one you MUST make.

Man was created to Love.

Thats why i said when i meet a dude, i would know whether there is hope or not.

Because surely a foundation has to be there

if not you are just doing boxing contest with fire.

Many people are just in love with the idea of being "in love"
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Tgirl4real(f): 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Yes, I know.
I've done that before, but it is hard to keep it up.
If one does not have a foundation on which to build love, thinking in time love will evolve , then one is wrong.

If there is no friendship, no attraction, no chemistry, then there is no hope for love.

I donot agree with this. We have people that have loved despite all these.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Tgirl4real(f): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2008
Gamine, I don't get ur last point . . . a foundation as how?
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Busybody2(f): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2008
Wow, see people displaying English Language skills shocked shocked shocked I dey come, make I go find someone to love me first embarassed
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by 9jagai: 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

True love,eh

I belong to the school of thought that says
love has an expiring date.No matta how long it seem to take
but someday you just find out . . . . those things that used to drive you crazy
begins to matta less and in this case only friendship can keep you both together.
That's actually the first thing I try to build before startin' a relationship.
Either you love me or leave me alone?
Funny!!!  It's worth givin' a trial.That there happen to be an attraction/chemistry
isn't a guarantee that the person would end up lovin' you tho those things matta alot
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Gamine(f): 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2008
lol @Busybody

people are quoting Keats n Co.

@Tgirl,

A foundation, yes, go figgar.

@9ja,

Love dosnt have expiry, except you put it dia, urself
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by chaloo(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2008
hmmmm Dis is a very serious topic. Why generally only women think about these things?

Love is rare. What people commonly think is actually not love but only an attraction for someone. It would otherwise not disappear over the time.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by JJYOU: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2008
gamine my sister i highly recommend these books as a must read for you.

God is a match maker  - derek prince

making lov last forever - Garry smalley

Till the heart be touched  - Gordon and gail macdonald
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Gamine(f): 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Josh
Thanks

you can send em as well.lol grin
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Busybody2(f): 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2008
Gamine:

lol @Busybody

people are quoting Keats n Co.

Keats and kini shocked undecided Okay, I will pretend I understand cool Yeah I love his songs too, I have all the collection in my audio library tongue grin
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Cristalz(f): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2008
chaloo:

hmmmm this is a very serious topic. Why generally only women think about these things?

Because we are more sensitive to the deeper issues of life,unlike you men that see nearly everything in only black and white cheesy grin

@post

I don't think its easy for some people to just up and leave when they realize a person doesn't love them cos of the hope factor. They keep praying for a miracle.
Even when they don't love a person. They remain to ''see if anything will change''. Its not always an open-and-shut case.
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Sauron1: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2008
Cristalz:

I don't think its easy for some people to just up and leave when they realize a person doesn't love them because of the hope factor. They keep praying for a miracle.
Even when they don't love a person. They remain to ''see if anything will change''
. Its not always an open-and-shut case.

And why do people bank on the hope factor waiting for a miracle??
Is it not because it has worked for some people in their relationships??
Patience is a virtue. . . . . .The only snag is where to draw the line between "patience" and "love blindness".
Re: Either You Love Me Or Leave Me Alone! by Gamine(f): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2008
Love is blind but Marriage is a real eye-opener cheesy

@Busy, ya i see cool

@Cristalz,

Miracle? can u see where this is heading

it will also be a miracle if ants dont eat the sugar i poured on the kitchen top

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DEJOKE'S DIARY. (the Strange Ways We Find Love) / A True Story Of Sister Mary / Sugar Mummy In Lagos Needs A Man For True Relationship - Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.