Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola (3618 Views)

FG Cannot Sell Tafawa Balewa Square In Lagos, Says Fashola / Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now / Akeredolu Will Transform Ondo, Says Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lagos now fully ready for patients, says Fashola
Posted by: Our Reporter in Featured, News 13 hours ago

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State said yesterday that the state is now fully prepared to handle patients with symptoms of Ebola.
The governor, on an early morning inspection visit to the Isolation Ward prepared for such patients, said the facility is ready for use.
Flanked by the Commissioners for Health, Dr Jide Idris; Special Duties, Dr Wale Ahmed; and Special Adviser on Public Health, Dr Yewande Adeshina,Fashola told newsmen that the state has a health challenge on its hands and owes it a duty to prevent an outbreak of Ebola .
The governor, who interacted with some of the health workers, expressed appreciation for the work they are doing.
Governor Fashola, who also expressed delight at the report that the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) has called off its industrial action, expressed the optimism that the members would come and sign up in the battle against the disease.
He emphasized that the Ebola Virus Disease, as devastating as its consequences can be, is not an automatic death sentence, explaining that the consequence of death would depend on what is done and what is not done.
He stressed that there are already reported cases of patients who are recovering in other parts of West Africa and that the issue is about being able to respond to it appropriately and taking precautions.
He spoke on other measures to keep the state safe from Ebola.
”We are also taking precautions and that is also why we did not go into where the patients are because there is a very strict protocol for going there. So if you are going there, you must wear a fully protected gown.
In the place where we are expanding to ensure that we are able to cope with anything that comes, you would see the shower there; people have to go through a protocol, one way in, one way out. That is why you cannot go into where patients are now unless you are fully protected appropriately and unless you walk through the mandated process for going in and for coming out.
“Those who are detoxifying and decontaminating, they don’t go in. They are waiting outside and those who go in do so under a very rigorous protocol set up with advice from the Centre for Disease Control. Provisions have already been made so that we can separate very critically ill people from people who are just showing symptoms, but who need to be in isolation.
”Now from what the Centre for Disease Control told me yesterday, there is no known cure, but if it is known and diagnosed early, patients can make full recovery because here you can give them very intense medical care which involves managing their waste, managing their body fluids, giving them antibiotics and fluids to rehydrate their body and to ensure that their immune system is able to find a standing chance to combat and make full recovery as we have seen in some parts of Liberia and Sierra Leone.
”Secondly, if such people get to the hospital early and treated, the disease could be contained. The risk in not doing that could be far reaching and for that we must be thankful that the hospital acted professionally and reported that case,”he said.
Fashola asked private hospitals to develop a first line of defence immediately on how to handle Ebola cases.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/lagos-now-fully-ready-for-patients-says-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
This is what he calls ready? 1 bungalow I saw wrapped with cellophane? embarassed
Since no hospital in Lagos has a special ward the place is suppose to be fully covered the workers fully covered with protective gear not gowns. He is just reciting advice from Atlanta based CDC web-site and he claims to be fully ready?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
biafranqueen: This is what he calls ready? 1 bungalow I saw wrapped in plastic? embarassed

Another mindless educated illiterate expects fashola to build a complete level 5 quarantine center (a project that would take over a year) by which time most of us would be dead. The immediate requirement is to quarantine any suspected cases. You can quarantine a person in an area the size of a room.

That need be been met.

You probably expect fash to 'committee' or 'deny' until half of logos is dead

This is a link to Cdc recommended guidelines for African health care settings

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/spb/pdf/african-healthcare-setting-vhf.pdf

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by tpia1: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
The disease has no cure, and quarantine is the only known treatment for now.
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 11:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
oyb:

Another mindless educated illiterate expects fashola to build a complete level 5 quarantine center (a project that would take over a year) by which time most of us would be dead. The immediate requirement is to quarantine any suspected cases. You can quarantine a person in an area the size of a room.

That need be been met.

You probably expect fash to 'committee' or 'deny' until half of logos is dead

This is a link to Cdc recommended guidelines for African health care settings

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/spb/pdf/african-healthcare-setting-vhf.pdf

I expect him to have built hospitals that could handle this since he has been in power for how many years again?

Keep making excuses so Lagos Government just heard about Ebola in neighboring countries two weeks ago shame on you people for making excuses for a lack of true Governance. If this guy was not an American Liberian we probably would not have even heard anything until now. Keep supporting thieves. It is better to be proactive than reactive. Almost all the Politicians in that country are useless.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by tpia1: 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
I expect him to have built hospitals that could handle this

does this statement even make sense to you?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 11:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
tpia1: The disease has no cure, and quarantine is the only known treatment for now.

Why did a company in San Diego have to have a test drug? People have survived so Nigerians have no research scientist that can collaborate with doctors in neighboring countries with survival patients? 60% treated early can beat it!
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 12:00am On Aug 10, 2014
tpia1:

does this statement even make sense to you?

If you want to start nit picking for english go right ahead he failed Lagos State! It was only his Godfather(thifbu) and a handful of croonies with juicy contract awards benefited from his term. Wait until I upload the pictures from Lagos College a state ran school.

Enablers shame on you!

Just because Fashola is paying for good publicity taking ridiculous inspection pictures every 5 minutes does not equate to good governance. Keep fooling yourself Lagos was molested for 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by tpia1: 12:02am On Aug 10, 2014
i am not commenting on your english.

the question is why are you looking for ways to stalk the man, to the extent of just typing any scurrilous thing that comes to your head.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by tpia1: 12:03am On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: Why did a company in San Diego have to have a test drug? People have survived so Nigerians have no research scientist that can collaborate with doctors in neighboring countries with survival patients? 60% treated early can beat it!

so what are you saying now?

Is Fashola who you are discussing here or Nigeria?

shouldnt your thread address these issues which btw should be federal government level?

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 12:07am On Aug 10, 2014
tpia1: i am not commenting on your english.

the question is why are you looking for ways to stalk the man, to the extent of just typing any scurrilous thing that comes to your head.
Where are the beds, equipment, doctors how are they fully prepared. Where is the scientist that have been brought in from the top Nigerian schools? Please locking sick people up in a house until they die is not medicine my friend!
Even the place is not completely sealed embarassed

Well they say if you don't stand for anything you fall for everything.
Keep thinking he is doing a good job.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by tpia1: 12:09am On Aug 10, 2014
they will need specially trained doctors and scientists to handle such cases, or else all involved, both healthcare team and patients, will simply end up in the same place unless they are lucky to survive the virus.

in the meantime, maybe asking central africa how they handled their outbreaks, might give an inkling.

but for now, not sure what else can be done besides isolate the patients.

even the specially trained teams are still falling sick.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 12:10am On Aug 10, 2014
tpia1:

shouldnt your thread address these issues which btw should be federal government level?
He is not fully ready to fight Ebola period that is the point. He said he is ready I said he is not, pictures shows he is not, facts shows he is not.

Why are you saying he is handling it well?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by tpia1: 12:11am On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: He is not fully ready to fight Ebola period that is the point. He said he is ready I said he is not, pictures shows he is not, facts shows he is not.

ma'am, he is doing what he can.

let him be.

all this nitpicking is irrelevant.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: This is what he calls ready? 1 bungalow I saw wrapped with cellophane? embarassed
Since no hospital in Lagos has a special ward the place is suppose to be fully covered the workers fully covered with protective gear not gowns. He is just reciting advice from Atlanta based CDC web-site and he claims to be fully ready?

Half bread is better than kpof-kpof.
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 12:15am On Aug 10, 2014
tpia1:

DO you know how much they spent on this housing project for the rich in Lagos State by Fashola? Over a billion dollars of Lagos State money built this for rich people to live this could have been a hospital state of the art.

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by EkoIle1: 12:30am On Aug 10, 2014
Funny enough, this silly clown's village leader and is yet to build ordinary cage to protect his people. Even your useless FG is receiving Ebola lecture and leadership qualities from Fashola.

Fashola is the only credible leader in Nigeria aggressively confronting the ebola situation while you lap dog and errand boy boy leaders are still looking for leadership and direction.

Lagos state is ready, is your village ready and shouldn't your primary concern be your village people getting similar help and attention in case ebola shows up.

We know you people are not only zombies, but you are also shallow and low mentality jokers spewing rubbish just for attention.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by sovpounds(m): 12:33am On Aug 10, 2014
Does the topic of this thread imply that Lagos was not fully ready for Ebola before now?
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 12:40am On Aug 10, 2014
sovpounds: Does the topic of this thread imply that Lagos was not fully ready for Ebola before now?
According the statement of the Governor
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State said yesterday that the state is now fully prepared to handle patients with symptoms of Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by EkoIle1: 12:46am On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: According the statement of the Governor

Lagos state is ready today, is your village ready?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by ba7man(m): 1:35am On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: This is what he calls ready? 1 bungalow I saw wrapped with cellophane? embarassed
Wait till Ebola lands at your doorstep .........don't run down to Lagos for treatment ooo.........

BTW, what has your Governor put in place to curtail the spread of the Virus??

Ok, be talking about Lagos till your State receives its first case.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Kanwulia: 2:48am On Aug 10, 2014
To suffocate them I am sure! cheesy
Hmmmmm!
I don't trust that they will take care of those patients with dignity!
Nigerians too wicked abegggggggggi!!!!

I will rather die at home!
Make them come quarantine me for my house abeg!
Instead of being burned alive in one 'MAKOKO' bush clinic! cheesy
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by tubolancer(m): 4:10am On Aug 10, 2014
let us forget politics for now, this man has put something in place others should take it up from there. n

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen:

I expect him to have built hospitals that could handle this since he has been in power for how many years again?

Keep making excuses so Lagos Government just heard about Ebola in neighboring countries two weeks ago shame on you people for making excuses for a lack of true Governance. If this guy was not an American Liberian we probably would not have even heard anything until now. Keep supporting thieves. It is better to be proactive than reactive. Almost all the Politicians in that country are useless.
where were you when he opened a state of the art cardio surgery hospital? Where were you when he built all the hospitals he built? Perhaps you expect him to mive eboka patients into these same hospitals so people like you can avoid them. The man only adhered to international guideline.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: He is not fully ready to fight Ebola period that is the point. He said he is ready I said he is not, pictures shows he is not, facts shows he is not.

pls show us what the 5 governors of SE alaigbo have put in place since.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by ba7man(m): 6:44am On Aug 10, 2014
TribalEAST: pls show us what the 5 governors of SE alaigbo have put in place since.
You dey mind am??

She doesn't realize that Fashola's actions are what's standing between Ebola and her Biafra, should one infected person travel home(and na dem dey travel go house pass), that person might infect people on the bus and on their arrival, voila!!!!!........."Ebola, welcome to the South East"!!!!!

Instead of her worrying about her Governor's plan to combat the menace, she's here condeming Fashola.

Don't worry, it starts with a fever and it doesn't respect anyone, rich or poor or from the South east.

If it could travel from Liberia to Nigeria, a trip to the S.E won't be a problem for it.

Better start praying your Governors are ready.

And the annoying thing is they might bring it back again to the South west in their travels.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by sainty2k3(m): 7:53am On Aug 10, 2014

What kind of structure do u expect him to build in just 2weeks. By the way, when it comes to issue of health care especially in epidemic like this, the emphasy is on function not on structure.
Outbreak such as that of Ebola requires swift response from all tiers of government so we need to appreciate all of them for what they've done so far in Nigeria both Lagos state and Fog. And if at all u want to blame anyone , that should be the ministry of health and FG.
Let's be careful the way we politicisize Ebola

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 10, 2014
I believe the op is based in enugu. I guess her whoremaster governor will quarantine victims in picantos

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by biafranqueen: 11:53am On Aug 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

What kind of structure do u expect him to build in just 2weeks. By the way, when it comes to issue of health care especially in epidemic like this, the emphasy is on function not on structure.
Outbreak such as that of Ebola requires swift response from all tiers of government so we need to appreciate all of them for what they've done so far in Nigeria both Lagos state and Fog. And if at all u want to blame anyone , that should be the ministry of health and FG.
Let's be careful the way we politicisize Ebola
Trust me keep fooling yourself Doctors without borders use tents for these types of outbreaks. He uses one of his cronies building to collect state funds in the name of being FULLY PREPARED and all you can do is insult me with no sense. I know you people just left secondary school and your sense is still small so I will just ignore your ignorance. Before it reach Enugu it will flow through Ibadan first so watch what you say!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by sainty2k3(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: Trust me keep fooling yourself Doctors without borders use tents for these types of outbreaks. He uses one of his cronies building to collect state funds in the name of being FULLY PREPARED and all you can do is insult me with no sense. I know you people just left secondary school and your sense is still small so I will just ignore your ignorance. Before it reach Enugu it will flow through Ibadan first so watch what you say!

U see your reference now, 'doctors without borde' international health organisation, believe me they have the fund, if its all about building mansion but we all know that the case here is not structure, adequate equipment and medication ,with good poersoinnels is what we need and that is being provided.
About flowing through Ibadan, I want to assume u are just joking, else u be jus forfeited the the effort of WHO and co in passing in formations about Ebola, the last time I checked more than50 buses move from Lagos to Enugu daily, there is international airport at Enugu , which can receive flight from any of the WA countries. So the earlier we stop tribalizing or politicising Ebola the better for all of us
Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Gbawe: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
For God sake!!! When will you people begin to move away from this malevolent obsession with Lagos and Fashola? Did someone not just mention that you are based in Enugu? Should you not be concerned about your own governor's efforts instead of coming here to confuse yourself via postulating stupid arguments that makes it obvious Fashola is the centre of your world to the point you mistake him to be your governor and President rolled into one. Tpia1 has already pointed this out your 'Confusion' to you yet you continue to talk inane crap that shows you view Fashola to be in charge of the entire nation. All this is doubly tragic considering the clannish support you and others host for the indolent, highly inept and inefficiently reactionary GEJ. Na real wa for you guys sha and your eternal 'mission'. You are just terribly confused and pathetic. Go and worry about your state and region abeg. Na curse?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Now Fully Ready For Patients, Says Fashola by Delafruita(m): 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
biafranqueen: Trust me keep fooling yourself Doctors without borders use tents for these types of outbreaks. He uses one of his cronies building to collect state funds in the name of being FULLY PREPARED and all you can do is insult me with no sense. I know you people just left secondary school and your sense is still small so I will just ignore your ignorance. Before it reach Enugu it will flow through Ibadan first so watch what you say!
for a while,I have been reading through nairaland without commenting and to my chagrin,I notice the same ignoran,tribalistic,sentimental nincompoops still making the same asinine comments and insinuations as before.don't you people ever make an attempt to feign intelligence?must you accept the low IQ your surroundingsand circumstances of growth have bedevilled you with?I make bold to say that but for the proactive response of the LASG,we will have a much more serious ebola epidemic on our hands.they reacted fast and efficiently to contain the crisis.and we can only hope its been contained but if unfortunately further cases get reported,it will not be because LASG didn't do their best.the CDC has been on full alert since before the sawyer case was even reported.how else do you explain the fact that they were prepared to handle it?

What sort of quarantine center do you expect?skyscapers rivalling trump towers?how low can you get?you expect sheraton to be converted to a quarantine center?or you expect them to start building a quarantine center which they will take ages to build and then still have to destroy after the disease is fully contained.perhaps you expect the quarantine center to be in space.or the moon.you obviously need help with your addiction to ignorance and falshood.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Has Introduce Burning Of Opponents Flags In Nigeria Politics / President Jonathan Is A Good Man, Says Amaechi / Timipriye Silva To Head Buhari's Transition Commitee: Same Thing All Over Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.