Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

"Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys (3896 Views)

All Ladies Looking For Guys To Friendzone, Should Be Handled This Way. Pics: / How Can I Friendzone This Girl / When Your Position Is Worse Than Friendzone (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
This is my own individual write up, written from personal exprience and exprience of friends and collegues. its lengthy though i can bet you won't regret reading it all through. All kinds of comments and critictism are welcomed but constructive critics is preferred.
Friend Zone' an ideology that has become the order of the day. Friendzone simply refers to a situation in which a girl is belived to derive benefits (care, attention, affection and attimes financials) from a guy without a corresponding benefit to the guy. The guy thinks has been friendzoned but the girl tinks of it as normal friendship we all knw. Every guys of this days thinks when you get close to a lady, you guys get to spend time with eachother, you gist go out and enjoy eachother's company they think it is a necessity that a relationship should grow out from such friendship. Both parties might have no specific reason for coming together as friends in d first instance. And with time the friendship starts to grow closer people are already tinking they are dating eachother, but this is yet to even cross d mind of the parties in question. They are both enjoying the company of eachother, they get to rub minds together and talk about reasonable issues that could affect their individuals life postively. From what i know ladies finds it preferable having a guy as a best friend this from exprience is due to the kind of nature ladies have; one little relevant information about you, upon a disagreement between you both they use it against you... rarely would a fellow girlfriend of yours tell you the truth they'ld rather tell u sumtin that will make you feel good. And i hear people say its better you hurt me with the truth than comfort me with a lie. GOSSIP d big word in the feminine world, ladies love to go behind eachother's back and tell the other friends something that is supposed to be discrete this i think is rare in the world of d guys. Thats enough reason why every lady would prefer to have a guy as her best/closest friend. But with time the bond grows stronger both parties begin to grow dis feeling for eachother but the feeling in one is stronger than the other mostly that in the guy. Then there are several failed attempt of kisses and maybe just one successful one. "No this isn't right we are just friends and nothing more" this words crosses the mind of the lady and she breaks the kiss. Both party works away in different direction having different thoughts in their minds.
Guy: now i av become a victim of d frndzone niche. Why did i put my all into dis without aving any corresponding benefit? Why me again?
Lady: we where supposed to b just frnds and where is all this coming from. I like him but not up to the extent of us dating. All i needed was an honest friend and not a lover!
This and many other things comes across there minds. Then the friendship begins to tear apart, d lady probabily just needed a company but she got more than that and she isn't even ready to take this 'thing' to the next level. And the guy concludes 'i was friendzoned, she only used me' Now tell me what wrong has the girl done by looking for a friend? Someone to trust and be open to, sumone who is understanding, Someone she can ask for his opinion on issues and will respond without sentiments. Honestly, i feel guys should get their heads straight and stop thinking every lady that doesnt wants to date but wants just friendship wants to friendzone you. Let your intention known to her at first if she is fine with it no problem. instead of going and other way round and start crying of been friend zoned. There is nothing wrong in a lady just wanting to be friends with you and nothing more than that.
Source is from my archive of personal write ups. Thanks for reading all through.

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Djicemob: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
It would have helped if you punctuated properly and ignored the shorthand thingy.

Well i didn't read all through to the end but all i know is,friendzoning a guy is selfish...That is if u only get to receive the favors and not returning it.NB:not only a guy can be friendzoned.

7 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by MizMyColi(f): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
Original Poster, I offer Editing Services for free (its just for the time being). Need Some?

2 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Generalkorex(m): 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
^^^^Lol
nice write up @op

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Djicemob: It would have helped if you punctuated properly and ignored the shorthand thingy.

Well i didn't read all through to the end but all i know is,friendzoning a guy is selfish...That is if u only get to receive the favors and not returning it.NB:not only a guy can be friendzoned.

Thanks for the correction i'ld correct it asap
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Generalkorex: ^^^^Lol
nice write up @op
Thanks a bunch.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
I think guys always want to benefit frm evry relationship and dats selfish....why cant u just do smthg nd forget abt benefits? You buy me lunch today....tomorrow u want to get in my pants....it doesnt work like dat. That's why y'all get friend-zoned!

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by cirmuell(m): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
Only dumbos get friendzoned undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by cirmuell(m): 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
Slimzypink, is that your baby?
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
MsPat: I think guys always want to benefit frm evry relationship and dats selfish....why cant u just do smthg nd forget abt benefits? You buy me lunch today....tomorrow u want to get in my pants....it doesnt work like dat. That's why y'all get friend-zoned!
Tanx ma'am infact u drived home my point wit dat grt example.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by pedrojustice: 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Blessed is the single lady who finds the good qualities in a man and still date him rather than keep him as just a friend

3 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Djicemob: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
MsPat: I think guys always want to benefit frm evry relationship and dats selfish....why cant u just do smthg nd forget abt benefits? You buy me lunch today....tomorrow u want to get in my pants....it doesnt work like dat. That's why y'all get friend-zoned!
I buy u lunch today,tomorrow u want me to still buy u dinner and continue the same process all over again.And u don't consider it selfish? Mehn! den i rest my case.Reasons why guys wanna get in ur pants and not feel cheated.

9 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by UjSizzle(f): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
Why is it people can type "tyme" and not "time"? undecided

Nice write up, but it would have hurt a lot less if you'd been gracious enough to use the right spellings and ditched the shorthand.

Any guy who thinks he's been friend zoned in my opinion can take a hike. It's suddenly become one of those words Nigerians use out of context. No biggie really.

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by OohMpa: 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
You my friend clearly confusing yourself...

Friend Zone' an ideology that has become the order of the day. Friendzone simply refers to a situation in which a girl is belived to derive benefits (care, attention, affection and attyms financials) from a guy without a corresponding benefit to d guy.

This right here is not Friendzone. This is a guy wanting to be friends with benefits

Bt with time d bond grows stronger both parties bgin to grow dis feeling for eachoda but d feeling in one is stronger dan the oda mostly dat in d guy

The story you described here is not friendzone. This is purely evolution of feelings from friendship to a romantic one by the guy

Now listen, FRIENDZONE is when a guy likes a girl initially and with the impression of making a girl a girlfriend. Girl turns guy down but wants to keep him close even WITHOUT benefits. The guy stupidly agrees to be a friend just because he hopes one day her feelings would evolve from friendship to a romantic one

The period in which he plays this role with hopes of being more than a friend is what we refer to as FRIENDZONE

Capish??

20 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
Djicemob: I buy u lunch today,tomorrow u want me to still buy u dinner and continue the same process all over again.And u don't consider it selfish? Mehn! den i rest my case.Reasons why guys wanna get in ur pants and not feel cheated.
Must u buy her things? Besides we re talkin abt classy girls here not i-never-chop....if u like, u buy...if u dont, keep ur change. Sumone else will buy heer things. Guys spend chewin gum money nd expect d legs to open....e no go possible!
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by cantell(m): 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
@Op,do you expect people to read the shorthand you wrote? I wanted to read all through, but the shortening of words and lack of puntuaction marks wouldn't let me. Back to the topic, Friendzoning is not cool. It's selfish. Ladies do that a lot. That's the reason why the op(female) thinks its cool. Can you ever be friends with someone you truly love? You can't. Even if there was a reason why you can't be together, it'll still be hard to be friends.

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by NickiRoman: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
Some Guys just never learn..grin

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Djicemob: 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
MsPat: Must u buy her things? Besides we re talkin abt classy girls here not i-never-chop....if u like, u buy...if u dont, keep ur change. Sumone else will buy heer things. Guys spend chewin gum money nd expect d legs to open....e no go possible!
U have a mentality of a dependent lady,tell me y guys won't want to take advantage of ya'll? U claim classy but want someone to buy u stuffs.SMH for your irony.grin

7 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by whizqueen(f): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Now listen, FRIENDZONE is when a guy likes a girl initially and with the impression of making a girl a girlfriend. Girl turns guy down but wants to keep him close even WITHOUT benefits. The guy stupidly agrees to be a friend just because he hopes one day her feelings would evolve from friendship to a romantic one

The period in which he plays this role with hopes of being more than a friend is what we refer to as FRIENDZONE

Capish??[/color]

[/quote]
Ok i get u. But what if the lady is not ready for such relations and she has made that clearly known to you. Then why the cry thereafter of been friendzoned? If she accepts to be with him without loving him back thats anoda issue again...
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
Djicemob: It would have helped if you punctuated properly and ignored the shorthand thingy.

@bolded,that was just what I was thinking. Shorthand irritate me!
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mehn! I give up on this 'friendzone' thingy!embarassed

It take maturity and self-control to be just friends with the opposite sex.

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
MizMyColi: Original Poster, I offer Editing Services for free (its just for the time being). Need Some?
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
whizqueen:
Thanks for the correction i'ld correct it asap
Have you carried out the correction?undecided

For God's sake,do away with shorthand. Hian!
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
Djicemob: I buy u lunch today,tomorrow u want me to still buy u dinner and continue the same process all over again.And u don't consider it selfish? Mehn! den i rest my case.Reasons why guys wanna get in ur pants and not feel cheated.
gringringrin
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Danhumprey: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
UjSizzle: Why is it people can type "tyme" and not "time"? undecided

Nice write up, but it would have hurt a lot less if you'd been gracious enough to use the right spellings and ditched the shorthand.
I so hate shorthand! I don't know what's fun or cool with using shorthand to type.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Liability(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
i have more guys in my friendzone ranging up to 100. Even my bra they will not see talkless of my pants.

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Djicemob: 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
Liability: i have more guys in my friendzone ranging up to 100. Even my bra they will not see talkless of my pants.
Congratulations.Ur bra and pants should be taken to Central bank. grin

3 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by mencade5(m): 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Liability: i have more guys in my friendzone ranging up to 100. Even my bra they will not see talkless of my pants.
you must be very stuupid for saying this. SHe-diot.

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by mencade5(m): 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
no biiiitch can friendzone me.
Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
mencade5: you must be very stuupid for saying this. He-diot.
she a girl,next Time you say she-diot grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by JohnieWalker(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
See person dey form frosh wen she be side chick

1 Like

Re: "Friendzone" An Ideology That Has Taken Over The Mind Of Modern Guys by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
achievement or Wtf ? y'all be Holding a nigga down like "you have him great" and collecting cash from him,Smh for all of y'all.......
I hate this whole shit,tell him straight you aren't interested in his lunch,dinner,movie offer.or whatsoever so he backs the Bleep off.... Well,it isn't y'all fault.

broke ass bitches

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Simple Question I Asked Her And She Flared Up! / Why Are Nairaland Guys Insultive? / Pastor New To Facebook Posts Bedroom Photos After Sleeping His Wife Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.